Freeform Exalted

Started by HairyHeretic, August 17, 2007, 09:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

I don't really care to see a character of mine in an NC scene [setting is fine, as Exalted tends to be that even on a regular game].
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

If your character isn't interested in NC I doubt that will be a problem for the rest of us. Its certainly not a problem for me at any rate. My character wouldn't go for it either. He's a charming womaniser, and quite willing to seduce to the point of getting his face slapped, but he does eventually understand that's not just playing hard to get :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ZK

Although for plot device and such, I would run it through and make it realistic. But repeated rape and such would be based on a weak character, wracked with devolvement of the psyche and other bits. It'd be a true horror story. I'd enjoy that, but you get what I am digressing. I want a realistic [in the terms of Exalted anyway] type of play. No "hentai" repeated rape scenes please... those are so cliched. Make it interesting, make it horrifying, make it life changing or at least aspect changing. Take more from me then just my dignity.

And my oh my, I noticed I like archaic words.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

So you looking for something with demons, or more mundane?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

Not exactly. I'm simply saying. "Make it glorious as well as horrible, but make sure it holds realism."

I want Exalted to be as fantastic as the setting is, I was just given an example. ^.^

HairyHeretic

Fairy nuff. I guess I just picked you up wrong.

So, you interested?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

Yes. I am quite interested. So what is available for play? Aside from being obvious antagonistic to the Circle (mixed). After all, you don't want someone to attempt to kill everyone in the party. :/

HairyHeretic

Pretty much whatever you want to. We've got a Night Caste solar, and Full Moon Lunar, and I'm not quite sure what Chocolate is. I'd hazard a guess at another Night Caste, but couldn't be sure of it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

Speaking of Lunars are we going with their 1st or 2nd Edition selves? I prefer 2nd as they feel more structured and not the "Rawr, we destroy Civilization!"

HairyHeretic

2nd certainly does flesh them out more, but I'm not sure how familiar Chameleon is with the background. I'd prefer second, but really it's whatever is easiest for him.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

We can still be 2nd, he can just follow the 1st Ed's paradigm. As there are still some that do that in 2nd.

HairyHeretic

I'm easy either way. Since its freeform, we don't really need to worry so much about rules as background.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

Since what I said what I said. ^.^ Not the hard rules, but the soft rules [diceless ones] that go with the paradigm of the character. Sorry, but even in freeform [especially of a system setting] I prefer to stick to the backing and such of it. ^.^

HairyHeretic

Agreed, and I try to do that myself.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chameleon

Well,  I don't actually know anything about the new exalted games.  If you can give me the basic run down of the changes in second edition I'd play as close to that as possible.  Though I had no intention of playing "RARGH KILL!",  I was hoping to pull off a primitive knight.  You know the gist, protect those that can't protect themselves, honor, duty, all that fun stuff.

ZK

The basic premise of Lunars in the new edition are sheppards of the world. And many intend to rebuild a society to work without the need of an actual Exalted to help run, defend and such itself. So your primitive knight does hold quite a lot of bound in the new series. ^^

HairyHeretic

Though there are a variety of factions within lunar society, each with their own ideas on how to go about doing that.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

Factions are flavored text and optional. Don't have to go via a faction. ^.^

HairyHeretic

True, but personally I think they're a welcome addition to the canon stuff for lunars.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

I don't disagree on that, just said player doesn't have access to the new version.

HairyHeretic

So, getting back to a starting point, do we want to have characters knowing each other already? Or just toss in a random story threat to get them moving in the same direction?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chameleon

Well,  I am actually quite interested in having my PC being the first age mate for one of the solar PCs.  I'd be willing to change the gender of the character if neccesary.  While I know that isn't really knowing each other persae...  it would provide a quick way to bind my PC to the group.

HairyHeretic

I think you mean the reincarnation of the mate. Having a first age Lunar running around would be ... interesting  :D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chameleon

Sorry, its a bit late... that is what I meant.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die