Eight Assassins [NC, Bon-Light]

Started by Castamere, October 18, 2012, 09:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castamere

Anybody who has seen The Expendables, Seven Samurai, Mike Takashi’s 13 Assassins or read any dilemma involving a heroic last stand will be familiar with the premise I am about to introduce. This is however only an interest check to see if I can garner any enthusiasm on your part. I’ll be looking for players for both the good and the dark side. I wish to do this freeform however at popular vote I may turn this into a system RPG (Dnd 3.5).

The story should take place during the medieval times where eight warriors of various class and race have gathered to vanquish the Jupiter Alliance. These creatures men/women of the Jupiter Alliance have influential positions and hail from different walks of life in our fair city of Drakencourt (think medieval Constantinople). I leave it to the interested parties to define them as they deem fit. However we will need a Mayor, a High Merchant, and a Captain of the guard at the very least. The Jupiter Alliance in general will be a league of corrupt men and women who control DrakenCourt and her villages by sheer tyranny.

Our group of heroes (can be from anywhere in the world, once again) are formed by one of the Sergeants of the Guard who will get his band of miscreants together and through sheer cunning & tactic cause a dint in the Jupiter’s plans. I foresee espionage, stealth, last stands, politics and intrigue to entertain the masses for a while to come.

Depending on how much interest this generates I’ll present a character sheet template when we have enough characters to represent both sides. Feel free to ask any and all questions you have.

Interest Generated Thus Far

Assassins

Castamere
AribethAmkiir
1SAZ
TheHangedMan
Vallura
Vassus(?)
Lithium

Jupiter Alliance (Bad Guys Inc)

Castamere
Joslyn
Vassus(?)

A coat of gold, a coat of red... a lion still has claws.
And mine are long & sharp my Lord... as long and sharp as yours.

"The Castaway Thread" Updated - 11/09

AribethAmkiir

Sounds fun.  I'd be down for playing a hero.

1SAZ

I don't know why, but I see a bit of Dishonored thrown into the story as well as the ones mentioned. I'd be interested in any case.

Castamere

Wicked, I'll put both of you down as heroes.

Joslyn

I also want to express my interest, though I'm having trouble deciding between hero and villian because I have a few different character ideas.

I was wondering if this is intended to be a fantasy setting with magic and elves or just straight medieval? Also just want to add that I prefer freeform if it comes to a vote, though I don't mind dusting off the old d&d books if necessary.  :-)

Castamere

You're welcome to make both... a hero and a villain character, I'll allow that. I wouldn't mind some magic, as long as it doesn't turn into another Harry Potter I'm happy. Think more in line the historical period such as the War of Roses or the political intrigue from The Song of Ice and Fire to get a better idea. I'll keep your suggestion in mind. :) Welcome aboard!

Vassus

I'm interested in playing either an assassin, or the High Merchant, if I learn a bit more about that role.
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Castamere

A High Merchant is what the name says, a High Merchant. He/she commands an immense amount of respect in DrakenCourt's market district (not to forget, a huge chunk of trade), and as a result of that, holds considerable power and influence in the city. I hope that explains it some. :)

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Castamere

Wicked! Welcome to my world.

So far we have four (five?) assassins and one (maybe two?) of the bad guys. Just a few members more and I'll be happy to draw out a CS template and begin the game. I'll be doing most of the NPCs (for example, the main head honcho of our group will be an NPC in the beginning, I can't give out more since it'll make for a major plot spoiler however if anyone wishes to know know you're very welcome to pm me) but once the game's established I'll relinquish control of these NPCs to any interested parties.

Vaulera

I really liked thirteen assassins, great movie. I would love to be a part of this, as whatever, assassin, villain or whatever is available.

Joslyn

I think I'll go with a villian, specifically captain of the guard. I'll make a detailed background once there's a character sheet, but the basic idea is she's a treacherous minx who used seduction, martial skill, and a few assassinations to gain her post at a relatively young age. Her major abilities would be archery and stealth. Also she might have a couple magic abilities she could use occasionally such as jumping really high and making phantom sounds for misdirection.

Already decided on a picture.  >:)  ;D

TheHangedOne

My own character will likely be a warrior-chef ( imagine all the ways you can kill a man with butcher's tools), who also dabbles in poisons. After all, who but a gourmet would know how much mandrake to add to the stew, to give everybody convulsions, without giving the stew itself a noticeable "oddness"?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Castamere

Quote from: Vaulera on October 20, 2012, 12:45:34 PM
I really liked thirteen assassins, great movie. I would love to be a part of this, as whatever, assassin, villain or whatever is available.

At the moment there's room for both classes, you're welcome to join any you wish. :)

Quote from: Joslyn on October 20, 2012, 01:10:33 PM
I think I'll go with a villian, specifically captain of the guard. I'll make a detailed background once there's a character sheet, but the basic idea is she's a treacherous minx who used seduction, martial skill, and a few assassinations to gain her post at a relatively young age. Her major abilities would be archery and stealth. Also she might have a couple magic abilities she could use occasionally such as jumping really high and making phantom sounds for misdirection.

Already decided on a picture.  >:)  ;D

You can be the Captain of the Guard, I like her, very Kill Bill-esque from your description. For special positions there are special CS templates, I'll fire one your way as soon as we have a few more.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 20, 2012, 01:20:58 PM
My own character will likely be a warrior-chef ( imagine all the ways you can kill a man with butcher's tools), who also dabbles in poisons. After all, who but a gourmet would know how much mandrake to add to the stew, to give everybody convulsions, without giving the stew itself a noticeable "oddness"?

That's very unique, proper wicked, mate. Welcome!

Vaulera

I'd be glad to do an assassin, actually!

Castamere

Perfect, I'll send you the CS template as soon as we have everyone sorted.

I'm glad we have a decent turn out so far, better than I expected. :)

Lithium

Sign me up as one of the assassins! :)

Castamere