Interest Check: X-men themed RP?

Started by Wolfy, October 30, 2010, 06:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Something set at the school, or perhaps somewhere else. *shrugs* I'm just doing an interest check right now. ^-^

Primarch

KikuLei

With custom characters or the ones in the X-Men series? Or both?

Keelan

Quote from: KikuLei on October 30, 2010, 08:42:53 PM
With custom characters or the ones in the X-Men series? Or both?

Second this question above, and pose another complimentary question: how 'up to date' do we need to be on the comics/cartoons/movies/whateverthehellelse?  This is with regards to 'knowledge of the world' and with regards to characters power levels and personalities.  I ask this because I'm not up to date on them at all, mostly with the old cartoon knowledge as well (and the X-Men Evolution cartoon, but not sure how pertinent it would be here >.>).

That aside, I'm interested.

Diabolus Lupus

yasarra

I'd love to, but I'm so not up to date.  I stopped reading around AoA.

Talk2meguy

Interest shown and same questions as above before I can give a definitive yes or no

Wolfy

Both Cannons and Originals. And I don't care how up to date you are on the series, as we'd be forging our own story. o3o...though a knowledge of power levels could be useful. *shrugs*

CurvyKitten

oh I'm intrested, I have an original that was the child of storm and wolverian (so spelled that wrong.)I can play with a few adjustments. Or i sooo call dibs on storm or rogue they possible wolverians female clone she'd be an intresting twist to add.

Wolfy

CurvyKitten

yes... For some reason I was thinking x-25 but I knew that wasn't righ. Thank you... It's just an idea have her come in to tame and tease him. Who better then some one able to keep up and know his body like her own.

KikuLei

I'd be interested in playing a woman who can use telekenesis and phase through objects. I think I will name her ' Geist '

Angel Fire

Oooh!  If we can create originals, than I have my own version of Firestar that I would love to play with.   Since this is at a school, I am sure that the students are not fully aware of the extent of their powers.  This is totally something that I could get into!
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Writersblockade

I'm intrigued! I would probably gravitate towards someone strength-based a la Colossus.

I think I'll call him Tank. I'll bookmark this and let my mind just slide around options.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

yasarra

My two favorites have to be, hands down, Gambit and Emma Frost. *is mad for the Cajun*  Anyway, I'd like to do either an original, maybe even a "next generation" type thing. I've done a Gambit/Rogue child in the past, but she was a bit overpowered.

thomasarsenault

I'm definately interested. Especially if we could make original characters.

Wolfy

Well..I was thinking this could be a new generation of students..with old students/x-men as teachers. :P

Primarch

Suits me, I wouldn't mind playing someone with a Magneto-like powerset. If less of the horrendous backstory.

Obito Uchiha

If you add my Yahoo IM account please place a message saying that your from this site when friend requesting, Thanks

Role Play Thread

Major Major

Wolfy

I'm glad so many people are interested. lol.

yasarra

Save a spot for me, please.  And...Cajun?  Watch yourself.  I know I will.   ;)

Wolfy

SO then..I guess the next question should be, what should the plot be? just a day to day at the school, or should we have missions and such?

Primarch

Well day to day life of a mutant in Xaviers could be fun, but I think doing just a Mutant Soap Opera will eventually get boring, in which case we can throw in a mission once in a while, or perhaps more regularly, Danger Room Training Sessions.

Obito Uchiha

It'd be fun to have mission's possibly if you have some of the older adults can take training students along for experience, as well as having people argue about who should be going or why they didn't get taken along
If you add my Yahoo IM account please place a message saying that your from this site when friend requesting, Thanks

Role Play Thread

yasarra

A balance of elements, most definitely, will keep it fresh.

Writersblockade

Pretty much what Primarch said, however...if you wanted to throw in a storyline where all hell's broken loose (yet again) and has caused the students to scatter, our story could be able young, mostly untested mutants out in the world, with only a few teachers to show them the way, on the fly. It would allow for the roleplay of self discovery...ideas on how to use the powers they have, and the like.

Well...who am I to complain with a little bit of Runaways thrown in for seasoning!?
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Talk2meguy

I think a character sheet would help us better decide, that way we can see how many CC's to OC's we have?

lex87author

I'd definitely being interested in playing in this one, I've got an original guy that would be a blast to play.

Wolfy

yuna0417

Love X-men.  Established or originals?

Also where in the timeline are we picking things up at?  Cause that's also a complicated issue.

Primarch

I put up a post in the character thread for an original.

yasarra

Is anybody playing canon characters in this?  And if so, who?  Because if not, I'd like to play the child of two canon characters.  If they are, I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

yuna0417

I am planning to play a canon character, she has no kids though, and I am waiting to hear on just where in the marvel Timeline we'll pick up in.

yasarra

Well, I'm kind of hoping for a Gambit/Bella kid.  I won't do it though if someone intends to play one of those two, unless they're okay with that, of course.

yuna0417

I'm pretty much against children of canon characters unless they canon themselves, but it's not my thread.

Wolfy

Well, as I've said before, this RP falls somewhere futher down in Marvel Continuity..thus it leaves the possibility of children open, though if someone will be playing said parents, you'd need their consent and collaboration first.

Major Major

Hmmmmn who is playing canon characters?

yuna0417

CurvyKitten

I haven't decided weather I wanted to play cannon or original. Like I said i have an original the child of wolferine and storm. Or play the cannon Rouge or Storm. I wanted to see where this all went.

yuna0417

Me too.  I'm thinking of a lesser known character though.  Just waiting on just where in the timeline we are starting.

Primarch

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 04, 2010, 07:13:39 AM
I haven't decided weather I wanted to play cannon or original. Like I said i have an original the child of wolferine and storm. Or play the cannon Rouge or Storm. I wanted to see where this all went.

I'd love to see a Rogue, especially if you can play her well.

yasarra

CurvyKitten, let me know if you decide to go with Rogue.  I don't know...If I went with Belladonna and Gambit's kid, how the interaction would be there.  I'm not saying the two got married and had a "happily ever after", but knowing if Rogue is still with the Cajun will help me with coming up with a history for my girl.  Though if there's an objection, I could happily select other 'rents for her.

CurvyKitten

Well if some one would like to play gambit then I'd play rogue.Something about that cajun always made me tingle...lol. But if not I'd play my costume... and play it as it comes.

Writersblockade

I'm still interested, but having a bit of a problem with character creation. I'll try to think of something soon.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

yasarra

As Curvy has expressed an interest in Rogue, I think I'll opt for a Frost-Worthington, instead.  That is, unless there are objections.

Isengrad

Ill be keeping an eye on this one, Have a good idea for a beta level mutant along the lines of Angel.. very thematic actually as well ^^.

original artwork by karabiner

Major Major

I'm tempted to go as a 'descendant' of a canon character, if it helps any?

Wolfy

Once everyone is ready and I have my own profile up, I think we'll almost be ready to begin.

Though what is everyone's thoughts on the Timeline? I suppose it would be set in the future in an Alternate Timeline, but how far? Hmm..

Isengrad

really we can explain it at any point. alternate timelines are wonderful things. There is an infinite amount of them and we have free right to shape it however we want.

CurvyKitten

I will play rogue have some of the candid characters for fun. Sorry it took me a bit to decide was just trying to get a feel for what everyone was playing I will post a profile up next chance I get.

Major Major

Hey, CurvyKitten?

Mind if I play a character who fancies yours?

CurvyKitten

you can fansy her all you like hun. Not promising she swoon right off thr bat...rogue is a touch stubbborn girl and doesnt swoon easily.

Isengrad

Ill get Seraphim  posted as soon as i have a good picture for him... hopefully I will be having fun with you guys soon.

CurvyKitten

ok working on my bio for rogue what time line we using so I know what age to make her? Was thinking early 20's maybe.

Primarch

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 07, 2010, 03:30:31 PM
ok working on my bio for rogue what time line we using so I know what age to make her? Was thinking early 20's maybe.

I would guess its a completely custom timeline. We've already got a Emma Frost/Warren Worthington child after being app'd, so either Rogue would have to be old enough for that whole thing to have gone on for (so she'd be quite beyond 20) or in this custom X-men alternate universe Rogue wasn't born until much later...or Emma and Warren were born earlier..or some happy medium.

Major Major

Hell for all we know it could be like the X-Men: Evolution episode where Magneto used the Project: Rebirth equipment that created Captain America to rejuvinate himself.

Primarch

Magneto has a hundred and one ways to rejuvenate himself......Rogue could probably get it from if he wanted. She could be all like "HEY! Magneto, I let you pop my cherry now gimme that rejunvinating stuff, you owe me!"

Well its not confirmed if he did, but it was implied by one writer.

CurvyKitten

She could have also gotten it from wolferine they were close...lol

yuna0417

Can we get something about the timeline.  I'm waiting on it so I can work on my bio.

Pockets

Definitely interested, irregardless of timeline.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Wolfy

The timeline is an alternate timeline, thus you're very free to make your character slot in wherever you wish.

yuna0417

What has and has not happened, what major 616 plotlines have occured in this timeline?  What haven't?

Pockets

Yuna raises a good point. At what major 616 event does this timeline diverge from mainstream? I'm more familiar with the comics around the Onslaught/Operation: Zero Tolerance. -feels old for remembering when that was the story arc of the month-
08/02 - New A/A Update

Writersblockade

*snickers* We could always say *bleep* it and go with Age of Apocalypse.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Karasu

oooh Sweet! X-men is always a fun thing to play ^^
Removed, due to vandalism.

yasarra

http://www.comicvine.com/

This place is very helpful, I've found.  And, I stopped reading X-Men when AoA came out. *cringes*

Ashes

I'd be interested in playing if there is still room. I'd go for an orginal character.

Major Major

Quote from: EroticWinged on November 08, 2010, 08:07:14 AM
My character will be female, lesbian, and like every one else in the universe, attracted to Rogue.

Seriously? She's that much an object of desire?

CurvyKitten

Major Major

Writersblockade

I'll have to pull back my interest on this one, at least for now. I'll try to keep an eye on it if I get a hankering later.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Primarch

Quote from: Major Major on November 09, 2010, 02:06:24 AM
Seriously? She's that much an object of desire?

Not really, its more of a fan thing. There's a lot of female characters that get more attention in the comics. Emma Frost, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk. Rogue & Gambit's relationship has always been so focused Rogue doesn't get very much attention from other characters. 

Pockets

Well Rogue is the ultimate wet dream. Hot as hell, but totally untouchable.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Major Major

Well, according to a comic-collecting friend of mine, at the moment she has concious control of her powers for now, so she can touch people without draining them. How long before it's retconned, I dunno, but nonetheless....

Pockets

Bah, where's the excitement of it all?? It's like playing with fire.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Major Major

Fair enough, I suppose; I was just pointing that out, is all.

CurvyKitten

yeah I gave her some control over her powers but she still loses it at times. Her emotions and physical condition play a part in it. And no I don't think the IC has started not sure if it ever will unless one of us just say screw it and start it..lol

Major Major

The template is all wrong for this most likely, but oh well:

NAME: Robert "Bob" Holmes
CODENAME: Pax
BIRTHPLACE: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
POWER: Can temporarily negate mutant abilities by touching a person.
PERSONALITY: Gentle natured, with an occassional dry wit towards the more puzzling aspects of the world.
BIO: When most mutants think of Canada, they see it as being to Mutants what Nazi Germany was to Romani or Jews.

Most mutants are stupid.

On the whole, Canada is no different to any other nation in regards to its' mutant population; it's just that a few bad apples spoil the crop. Canada is a perfectly lovely nation to grow up in, as Robert Holmes can proudly testify. A native of Vancouver, Bob is currently on a GAP year before going to study at the University of British Columbia. He looks upon the Americans with a slightly baffled good-naturedness, finding their constant paranoid hysteria over mutants to be puzzling, but still liking their warm-hearted and friendly nature.

APPEARANCE: Messy black hair and brown eyes, stocky build, about 5'8, wears grey jeans and brown hiking boots, a black polo shirt and a Vancouver Canucks jacket. Has a seahorse tattoo on his right shoulder.

Well, I'm ready to go, at least.

Pockets

No, but I'll start one if I can find out if this is going to be a plain vanilla scene or if there is gonna be some heavy sexual elements to it. I know there's going to be sex, this is Elliquiy after all.

So if Wolfy doesn't respond with something, I'll see what I can't do to kick start this.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Wolfy

I'll start it soon enough...No one has given an opinion though on what events have and have not happened...so I figure we could perhaps go with no events happening, or at the very least all of them being mentioned only in back story.

Of course, I don't have much knowledge of all the events, soo....

Major Major

Well, I for one have only the vaguest knowledge of the series, and that only up to the Dark Phoenix Saga....

Wolfy

Plus I still have to create my own character..xD

I was thinking of having him being able to mentally create a sphere, or "Zone" where in mutant abilities are nullified and mutants are rendered normal humans for the duration that they are in the sphere.

What does everyone think? too over powered?

Major Major

Wolfy

He can do it by touch..mine through creating an area...but your right..hmm..I'll have to think of something else.

Pockets

I have a few suggestions if you're open to them Wolfy. Make it a school, people can be either teachers or students. Either way they have to have at least one Marvel character as a parent. And it can take place after the events of Operation Zero: Tolerance. Just say that nothing really significant happened after that for 20 years.
08/02 - New A/A Update

CurvyKitten

I have a few plot ideas... One of which I was going to use to bring rogue in. but I will hold off till we start. I have already thought of playing two charecters at one point. But fot now I'll stick with rogue. See if this thing gets kicked off the ground.

lex87author

I like the idea of a the school too, it gives us a place for fairly easy character (and ability) development, yet it wouldn't be that hard to come up with exciting things to do given that characters could just go "out" on missions every once and a while.

Oh and just PYI as a guy with an original character I'm not a fan of it being absolutely necessary for every character to have a Marvel parent, it restrict things too much; the whole thing that made mutants cool in my book was that anyone could be one and they could pop up at anytime. I'm not saying people can't make characters who had Marvel people as their parents, but to place that type of restriction on character creation seems a little silly to me.

Quote from: Wolfy on November 10, 2010, 11:35:26 PM
Plus I still have to create my own character..xD

I was thinking of having him being able to mentally create a sphere, or "Zone" where in mutant abilities are nullified and mutants are rendered normal humans for the duration that they are in the sphere.

What does everyone think? too over powered?

On a funny side note Wolfy, how would someone who inhibits abilities affect someone like Alexander who is liquid metal? Would he just become flesh and bone when being affected?

Wolfy

Quote from: lex87author on November 11, 2010, 09:29:35 AM
I like the idea of a the school too, it gives us a place for fairly easy character (and ability) development, yet it wouldn't be that hard to come up with exciting things to do given that characters could just go "out" on missions every once and a while.

Oh and just PYI as a guy with an original character I'm not a fan of it being absolutely necessary for every character to have a Marvel parent, it restrict things too much; the whole thing that made mutants cool in my book was that anyone could be one and they could pop up at anytime. I'm not saying people can't make characters who had Marvel people as their parents, but to place that type of restriction on character creation seems a little silly to me.

On a funny side note Wolfy, how would someone who inhibits abilities affect someone like Alexander who is liquid metal? Would he just become flesh and bone when being affected?

Yes, pretty much. Like when..Leech, I think, came in contact with Beast during the 3rd movie.

yuna0417

I help run a Marvel based RP on Telnet, and as rule, we do not allow Original Characters to be the children of or related too any Marvel Canon character.  Either full Original or full Canon.  Just my two cents.

Wolfy

I don't exactly see a problem with it, especially since this will be an alternate timeline. Though if someone is playing said Marvel Character, you'd have to get their cooperation.

Ashes

Quote from: lex87author on November 11, 2010, 09:29:35 AM

Yeah, I like the school idea as well. Gives it a bit of structure to work with.

Karasu

sounds fun to me ^^ lemme know when it's made and when the CSes are up XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

yasarra

I'm good with the school thing. *nods*

lex87author

Quote from: Karasu on November 11, 2010, 06:17:46 PM
sounds fun to me ^^ lemme know when it's made and when the CSes are up XD

Well the Character Thread is up Karsau: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=87640.0

As for the story thread, I don't know when that will be up lol

lex87author

Quote from: EroticWinged on November 15, 2010, 07:00:37 AM
So who's playing Professor X?

No one as far as I know, unless someone is planning to play him and hasn't said so to this point.

KnowThySire

I've been reading the past through pages of this thread, and I got to say that I'm extremely excited with the idea of an X-Men rp. I haven't rped an X-men roleplay since my days on gaia (A very, very long time ago). I was suprised to find that nobody wanted to rp as Wolverine. I'd like to take that chance if everyone's alright with that. I've had some exerience with roleplaying as him before, and I think that I can do as good a job as I did the other times.
There can only be one king.

Primarch

I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw from the game. College is getting more demanding and I'm already in a few games that have already started, adding another to the list is just going to stretch me unfairly, I won't be able to enjoy the games and my lack of posts might hold up other people. Sorry folks!

Wolfy

I had actually planned for Emma Frost to be running the school at this time....but if everyone wants Professor X, I don't mind.

Pockets

Well I won't be playing Charles, but I will be playing his son.
08/02 - New A/A Update

yuna0417

Canon wise, It's either Scott/Emma or Scott/Jean who run the school and then Scott/Storm as team leaders for X-men and various other teachers/school staff than being said, I'm planning on playing Sally Blevins (New Mutants, X-factor, SHIELD), Karma (Teacher at the School), or Lady Mastermind/Regan Wyngarde (just to add to the morally bankrupt psionic stable of characters).

Ashes

Sorry to do this but I'm going to have to pull out, gotten busy and spreading myself too wide here so need to cut back on something a little.

Wolfy

We'll just say Emma is running it...unless someone wants to try and romance Xavier. :P

yasarra

Well, I'm still  here.  PM me when you're ready to get this thing off the ground and running.  ;D

KnowThySire

I'm still in it too. Just waiting for something solid to form so that I know we're definitely doing something before I make my profile.
There can only be one king.

elfguy

Well I'm not up on the series, only watched the movies, but I played Champions Online this weekend if that counts? ;)

Anyways I would create an original char for this one.
----

yasarra

http://www.comicvine.com/

For those of us not up to date on the comics.  As I said, I stopped reading them around AoA, myself.

yuna0417

So, what is going on with this?  It dead?  Roll-call people.

yasarra

Major Major

Pockets

I'm around and kicking, just gonna be slow to do much of anything for about two weeks.
08/02 - New A/A Update

yuna0417

I'm willing to take this over and take charge on at least getting to a starting point.  I'm willing to work with people, but I do have a few rules of my own. 

I have experience running Marvel themes on a Telnet based RP.  Is people are willing or wanting, let me know.  I'll handle the OOC stuff, but would like someone to start this off when we get to a point.  I'll take PM's and IM's.

CurvyKitten

I've been here, just figured it was never going to happen. I'm willing to help get this thing off the ground if you want.

yuna0417

Sounds good CK.  So I guess i'll be posting Character templates soon.  I want these PM'ed to me, ok?

CurvyKitten

I already had mine posted...do you want me to re-post rogue?

yuna0417

mindlessmenage

I would be very interested in joining this, I love X-men themed RPs! Are you still accepting people?
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
oral sex, no matter how bad it is."
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

yuna0417

Ok, so cut-off for the Marvel storyline will be Pre-M-day/Decimation, so all characters should be around this time in history/powers.

Also, no children of canon characters.  Sorry, I just don't like it.  It's a Mary Sue/Gary Stu move to me and I just don't like it.

Emma Frost and Scott Summers run the school.

If there are more questions post them here or PM me.  I will get to them as soon as possible.

CurvyKitten

Sounds good to me, and again you need help just ask I would love to help actualy get this thing off the ground.