Something regarding abortion

Started by Beorning, January 26, 2024, 11:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Seeing that the issue of abortion once again was raised in PROC, I'd like to share something.

The Untold

The Untold is a Polish documentary (from 2022, I think) dealing with the consequences of near-total abortion ban introduced in Poland by the PiS government. Specifically, it deals with the issue of abortions the result from the fetuses being diagnosed with a irreperable or fatal defects - and what happens when you force women to carry such pregnancies to term.

This is an obligatory viewing, IMHO, when trying to discuss this matter. Although I need to warn you that this is one *heavy* viewing. For once, it doesn't shy from showing what fatal defects in fetuses / babies actually are like. And yes, this movie has been made by pro-choice activists - but it doesn't make it any less true.

The movie is in Polish, but it has subtitles. I hope it will be available for viewing outside of Poland...

JohnnyJohn21

Thats horrid. Im sorry for all the women who had to endure pain like this, both physical and emotional. We are in 2024 and its crazy that women are not entitled everywhere to the right of owning their bodies. Abortion is a choice that should be made by the woman. Listening to her man’s opinion (if there is a man there) is her choice. Its her body. Can you imagine going through all the pains of pregnancy and all for nothing. Already knowing that the baby won’t open his eyes. But you still go through it. Because someone else tells you to.