The Current Presidential Race (was: Re: "I, Michelle Bachmann, Pledge....")

Started by Callie Del Noire, January 04, 2012, 11:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iniquitous

Had this on my FB feed today and couldn't help but laugh so I thought I'd leave it here.

Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on January 10, 2012, 01:46:42 PM
Had this on my FB feed today and couldn't help but laugh so I thought I'd leave it here.

Bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha..

Ick.. My ribs hurt...

gaggedLouise

Love it, Opheliac! (and it might as well have name checked Bachmann or Palin if they'd been in the race at present)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Serephino

Ironwolf85

whelp the votes are in in NH and being counted, gotta say Ron had a big fan base up here for the nomination. as you can tell how i voted in the primary.

I get the feeling that if romny wins the primary it's going to get seriously dirty on both sides, not just regular but...
"we iz fighting to save da soul of a'merica so do whatever it takez" dirty
then again the campains during the industrial revoloution days were even more vicious and dirty.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on January 10, 2012, 08:37:05 PM
whelp the votes are in in NH and being counted, gotta say Ron had a big fan base up here for the nomination. as you can tell how i voted in the primary.

I get the feeling that if romny wins the primary it's going to get seriously dirty on both sides, not just regular but...
"we iz fighting to save da soul of a'merica so do whatever it takez" dirty
then again the campains during the industrial revoloution days were even more vicious and dirty.

And this differs from pretty much any general election campaign how, exactly?

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ironwolf85

exactly, more because there are people convinced that if their party loses (you hear it more on the right, but it's there on the left, just not with signs and tri-pointed hats.) the country is going to be destroyed.
God help you if you ever mention ANYTHING good about obama around a tea party meeting.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Callie Del Noire

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/13/politics/virginia-gop-primary-ballot/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

This will make for an interesting Virginia Primary..Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Jon Huntsman and Newt Gingrich will not appear on the Virginia primary ballot. Because they waited too long. Man.. there will be a LOT of yelling over it.

Ironwolf85

*snickering*
seriously? i can't remember which one it was but he'd hoped a win in virgina would push them back to the top.
shit outta luck dude

Codswallop

I just wanted to interject that I agree with John Fugelsang.  God DID call on all of these people to run for president because he loves us and wants to hear us laugh.

Ironwolf85

agreed...
also Santorium just got the evangical seal of approval, "cuz jesus said so"

Caela

Quote from: gaggedLouise on January 10, 2012, 07:41:41 PM
Love it, Opheliac! (and it might as well have name checked Bachmann or Palin if they'd been in the race at present)

I know not all politicians think god speaks to them, but really, is there one whose name couldn't be on that sign?

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 13, 2012, 05:41:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/13/politics/virginia-gop-primary-ballot/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

This will make for an interesting Virginia Primary..Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Jon Huntsman and Newt Gingrich will not appear on the Virginia primary ballot. Because they waited too long. Man.. there will be a LOT of yelling over it.

I don't care what party you are, but this is their own darned fault. They have squads of people working for them and someone couldn't speak up and say, "Um Sir, we need to put in this paperwork, NOW?" or they couldn't take responsibility themselves and say, "Hey jokers, I need my name on that ballot, where's the paperwork and what's the deadline?"

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ironwolf85

an another one bites the dust.
that was him, he was relying on that primary to push him foreward

Codswallop

Quote from: Oniya on January 15, 2012, 10:01:44 PM
Huntsman's dropped out completely.

That's kind of a bummer.  I didn't agree with a lot of what he said, but I thought he said it well.

Callie Del Noire

OldSchoolGamer

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on January 22, 2012, 11:30:47 PM
Definite disloyalty to the Forbes 400 there.

This is what I mean by 'right sizing' we cut oversight and regulaitons and the banks went BUG-NUTS-CRAZY..and now we got a LOT of folks out of jobs and homes. The banks passed the mortgages around for years like a big old bomb with a fuse burning down, trying to keep it from landing at their feet.

Short sighted business practices got us here. What can we do to make a profit this quarter, or at most a year down the line.