Nightvale Service Announcement: Do Not Look Directly At The Thread (Recruiting)

Started by Jag, October 05, 2013, 05:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Updated the first post so it actually contains everything...in spoiler links. Cause I like the spoiler link and it likes me (if not, I'll make it).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Sparrowhawke

hope this is ok!

Name of Applicant: Charles Anselin
Astrological Sign: Pisces
Blood Type: B- (Assuredly not my outlook on life)
Sex: Male
How can you be contacted: Press a finger to these runes and I will know to call you. (Perhaps best to use an intern for this) *Below this some runes have been drawn in a suspiciously red ink*
How did you hear about us: Well, obviously my previous place of work was relocated by the sheriff's secret police. There's simply no other logical reason for it, right? In any case, I need a job, and you lovely folk need a cleaner.
Tell us about yourself: Born and raised in Nightvale. I'm an avid listener of the community radio, of course. Until recently I worked as a cleaner somewhere... I can't quite remember where, and it seems to be gone now. Other than that, I'm quite a fan of getting caught in the rain, and of a certain sweet, rum based beverage.
Have you ever seen a ghost: A ghost? No, but I think I once saw a [strike]shr-[/strike] Erm... Nevermind.
Do you believe in angels: I think so.
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: Of course not! I should be insulted, but I understand your need to preserve the purity of our lovely community radio.
Is there any bodily fluid you have issues cleaning up: Does ear wax count? It's not exactly a fluid but... Eurgh.
Are you willing to fill in for the interns should they go missing: I don't see why not.
Please include a photograph:

Thank you for your application. We will be in contact with you shortly.

TheShii

all you spry young whipper snappers! I should make peter shake his fist at the youngins once in a while xD

My Anti-AA's, My Randy OO's

Commission Me
"All your boners are belong to me >w>" ~Dim Hon

Jag

Quote from: Sparrowhawke on October 07, 2013, 03:28:01 AM
hope this is ok!

Name of Applicant: Charles Anselin
Astrological Sign: Pisces
Blood Type: B- (Assuredly not my outlook on life)
How can you be contacted: Press a finger to these runes and I will know to call you. (Perhaps best to use an intern for this) *Below this some runes have been drawn in a suspiciously red ink*
How did you hear about us: Well, obviously my previous place of work was relocated by the sheriff's secret police. There's simply no other logical reason for it, right? In any case, I need a job, and you lovely folk need a cleaner.
Tell us about yourself: Born and raised in Nightvale. I'm an avid listener of the community radio, of course. Until recently I worked as a cleaner somewhere... I can't quite remember where, and it seems to be gone now. Other than that, I'm quite a fan of getting caught in the rain, and of a certain sweet, rum based beverage.
Have you ever seen a ghost: A ghost? No, but I think I once saw a [strike]shr-[/strike] Erm... Nevermind.
Do you believe in angels: I think so.
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: Of course not! I should be insulted, but I understand your need to preserve the purity of our lovely community radio.
Is there any bodily fluid you have issues cleaning up: Does ear wax count? It's not exactly a fluid but... Eurgh.
Are you willing to fill in for the interns should they go missing: I don't see why not.

Looks great *thumbs up*

Post it in the character thread and have fun in the employee lounge till other threads open up. ^…^

Kokaine

Okay, finished her up... Hope she's okay :)

Night Vale Community Radio Intern Application

Name of Applicant: Driver's License says Kristina Thomas but I only answer to Lux
Age: 24 [[or possibly 10... but probably ageless really]]
Astrological Sign: Leo - A fire sign, hehehe
Blood Type: AB Neg
Sex: I'm female this time.
How can you be contacted: Email - TheIlluminatiAreWatching@NightValeCommunity.net
How did you hear about us: The voices told me to come here. That I would be accepted here. The voices look out for me. Especially Bob, he's funny.
Tell us about yourself: I am Lux, Avatar of an Elder God. I am tasked with something that I am not permitted to acknowledge that I am tasked with. To acknowledge it is to be condemned to death. However, upon successful completion of whatever it is I shall be rewarded with something I am not permitted to speak of. [[What she does not tell you is that 4 years ago little Kristina Thomas, a then cheery and utterly adorable 8 year old who occasionally saw and frolicked about with ghosts and hissed at angels, was snatched while out playing in the sand wastes one day. Two years after that she reappeared in her parents house a fully grown woman who has apparently lived an exciting, fun filled life Elsewhere. No one in town has been to Elsewhere but its generally believed not to be near Desert Bluffs so it is okay. Kristina's parents were were neither surprised nor exceptionally happy or even worried. Instead they acted as though they had seen her just yesterday, as did everyone in Nightvale.]]
Do you have an aversion to fire: Oooh... so pretty how it dances. I like how it melts things. No, not at all. Fire is warm.
Do small, dark places make you nervous: No, they are quite cozy actually and I always have plenty of company. The voices go where I go.
Have you take offence towards blood rituals: Only when sloppily done. Blood is sacred and should not be wasted all willynilly. If you are intending to sacrifice someone but are not quite sure how to go about it, just ask. I am happy to give lessons...
Any connection to an elder god: Yes. The voices tell me this.
Have you ever seen a ghost: Yes, many times. I tried to give one a cookie once when I was 5, he didn't take it and the next day the Sheriff's Secret Police made my family relocate. They wouldn't tell us why though we discovered next week that our house no longer existed.
Would you like to be a ghost: No. I wish to live on so reincarnation is the way for me.
Do you believe in angels: No. The voices say they are LIES. The cake is also a lie. A delicious lie, but a lie nonetheless.
Would you like to be an angel: Obviously not.
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: No, the voices won't go there and I quite like their company.
Does it bother you that the intern application is longer than the radio host application: Not really, should it?

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Jag

*thumbs up*

Go ahead and post her in the character thread and have fun in the employee lounge till other threads are up and going. ^^

Ghostphoenix713

Night Vale Community Radio Intern Application

Name of Applicant: Isaac Thornton
Age: The driver's license I found with my picture says I'm 23
Astrological Sign: According to the same license, I am a Capricorn
Blood Type: A negative
How can you be contacted: Bloodstone ritual or by cell phone on file with the Sheriff's Secret Police
How did you hear about us: A hooded figure told me. I was terrified, but it simply dissolved into a cloud of noxious vapor that gave me retroactive amnesia, so I guess everything is okay
Tell us about yourself: I know little to nothing about myself because of the hooded figure that stole my memories, but I think I am a fun person who enjoys working and putting my job before my own family, pleasure, and life.
Do you have an aversion to fire: No, I embrace it!
Do small, dark places make you nervous: No, I sleep in a box
Have you take offence towards blood rituals: Of course not! How else do you stay in touch with loved ones and deities that have no name but command you to worship their very existence?
Any connection to an elder god: Possibly to the great and mighty Cthulu, but grandma never confirmed or denied her relationship with him.
Have you ever seen a ghost: Yes
Would you like to be a ghost: Not yet, maybe later
Do you believe in angels: Not unless it is currently legal to do so
Would you like to be an angel: No, I like being allowed to exist at all times
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: How dare you ask such a thing? I may not remember anything about my life before that hooded figure told me about your job here, but I know I would never live in such a horrible place.
Does it bother you that the intern application is longer than the radio host application: It is? I had not noticed.
Ons and Offs

Looking for role play thread

My A/A thread

"If you ever look at the sky, doubting the existence of other worlds, just know that somewhere a creature looks up at its sky, doubting you.” - Welcome to Night Vale

Jag

Looks good, Ghost.

Here are the current game links:

This is our OOC Chatter
Please post your character sheet Here
There are our current NPCs
This is the only thread for In Character Posting right now: Employee Lounge
And these are Cecil's Broadcasts.