Doomtown (A Deadlands RPG/Interest Check)

Started by Ciosa, February 23, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhi

Kisses!  :-*

There's a specific character I'd like to play. I'm looking at the point buy on the wiki and it looks like at least semi-adventurous characters are expected, but I think I could stat her as an intellectual type with that one point in shootin' and a derringer at her thigh to keep a bad box from going mean.

Crash

Sounds like it would work Dhi.  I've played and ran Deadlands before.  If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Phaia

Mithlomwen

This will be my girl.  I'm still working on all of the particulars at the moment. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Ciosa

Quote from: Dhi on February 27, 2013, 06:19:59 AM
I might be in the mood for a western, and Deadlands comes with high praise, though I've never ventured into it.

How appropriate would an utter noncombatant be to the setting?

Dhi, (Yaaaaaaay, Dhi!) a noncombatant is completely appropriate.  There's even a five point hindrance (total pacifist) for someone who absolutely won't kill under any circumstances.   The settings a fairly rough and tumble boomtown, but the game was originally made with a 'party of adventurers' sort of idea in mind; the concept I'm using for the game is designed a lot more for a town and its politics, and not at all hack and slash.  There might be an occasional gunfight in your character's proximity, but... its a frontier western town.  A noncombatant is completely totally viable.

Quote from: DTW on February 27, 2013, 09:15:19 AM
So has anyone actually officially joined this game or has it started?

DTW, we're still getting set up.  character creation, wiki building, and the like.  I haven't wanted to open an OOC thread yet because I want people to know we're still recruiting. 

Dhi

Rowr! :3

I happen to have one for my character too.
https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/8/86/Onneca_de_Goni.jpg
It is semi-NSFW as there is indistinct nipple implied.

Phaia

Quote from: Mithlomwen on February 27, 2013, 11:31:42 AM
This will be my girl.  I'm still working on all of the particulars at the moment.

nice and she can come trade at my shop ...i will give fair prices!!

Phaia

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on February 27, 2013, 11:34:35 AM
Rowr! :3

I happen to have one for my character too.
https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/8/86/Onneca_de_Goni.jpg
It is semi-NSFW as there is indistinct nipple implied.

Wow Dhi. 

I do love sultry dark haired women.

Phaia - Did I step on your concept? Is she a mad scientist with a shop too?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Dhi

I am working on my character sheet as we speak.

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on February 27, 2013, 12:24:53 PM
I am working on my character sheet as we speak.

<---- Is envious.  I probably won't get mine started until the weekend.

Ciosa

Yay!

A quick request - and I'll be adding it on the character sheet - along with living arrangements I'm going to ask people to note how long they've been in Gomorra. 

Crash

Phaia

Quote from: Crash on February 27, 2013, 12:20:43 PM
Phaia - Did I step on your concept? Is she a mad scientist with a shop too?

She is not a MAD scienist at all though she will be a member of  faction in town
in fact she will probally be the local Apothercary with items, herbs, planst fromall over the world

"need help with the ladies hmm...well this is ground rhino horn from the darkest africa... it will make you able to alst all night!!

Phaia

Crash

Hah!  Nice.  You know our shops have to be located near one another.  It could be a one stop shop for all Gamorra's wonderous miracles!

Phaia

Quote from: Crash on February 27, 2013, 12:40:11 PM
Hah!  Nice.  You know our shops have to be located near one another.  It could be a one stop shop for all Gamorra's wonderous miracles!

no no with how you mad scienist types like to blow things up...your shop needs to at the edge of town...none of that stuff wheer the roof explodes upwards and showers all the other houses/shops around yours...

Phaia

Ciosa

You could own a shop together.  Just call it the Toy Shop... candies and clockworks on one side of the shop, for the kids, and the 'adult' candy store and clockworks on the other.

Crash

Quote from: Phaia on February 27, 2013, 12:42:38 PM
no no with how you mad scienist types like to blow things up...your shop needs to at the edge of town...none of that stuff wheer the roof explodes upwards and showers all the other houses/shops around yours...

Phaia

No, no.  No explosions.  I can't promise you the moaning and groaning will be all from the ghost rock though. ;)

Ciosa - Nah I like Agatha's Occidental Delight's for a shop name.

Dhi

So I have Belongin's at 4 (a bodega) and Dinero at 2. Having bought all my clothes, a bottle of the good stuff, and a derringer, I'm not sure what other kinds of purchases I should make. There are things I could name that I'd like my character to have, but I'm anticipating some of it is covered by the cost of the shop (since it is shop-specific), and if it isn't, I dunno how much it would be. A wheelbarrow, for instance, and Langstroth hives. I have more than $250 remaining.

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on February 27, 2013, 01:20:51 PM
So I have Belongin's at 4 (a bodega) and Dinero at 2. Having bought all my clothes, a bottle of the good stuff, and a derringer, I'm not sure what other kinds of purchases I should make. There are things I could name that I'd like my character to have, but I'm anticipating some of it is covered by the cost of the shop (since it is shop-specific), and if it isn't, I dunno how much it would be. A wheelbarrow, for instance, and Langstroth hives. I have more than $250 remaining.

What kind of shop Dhi?

Phaia

Quote from: Crash on February 27, 2013, 12:51:36 PM
Ciosa - Nah I like Agatha's Occidental Delight's for a shop name.

Think i will go with "The London Apothercary" since EVERYONe knows how advanced London is and since my character claims to be an English lady welll makes perfect sense

Phaia

Dhi

Quote from: Crash on February 27, 2013, 01:24:29 PM
What kind of shop Dhi?
It's a bodega. Clothing, grocery, beauty miscellany, and the occasional imports from Mexico. Most everything that comes out of the shop is a byproduct of her way of life: she keeps a small apiary, which subsists on a a stand of flax. The bees produce honey and wax, and the the flax linseed oil and fibers for linen.

Crash

We have quite the little shopping district going on don't we?

Well if you think you will use something from your shop often then I would consider buyin it.  I often looked up old catalogs on line to find prices when I ran Deadlands. 

Ciosa

Just as a general note - most prices will be three times the price of the listed goods once inside the Maze.  A gun that costs fifteen dollars at character creation will run $45 in the Maze, and food runs an average of five t osix times the normal price.  The section of Maze where Gomorra is built was a desert BEFORE the quake, and things haven't improved much since. 

Crash

Phaia

Quote from: Ciosa on February 27, 2013, 01:45:20 PM
Just as a general note - most prices will be three times the price of the listed goods once inside the Maze.  A gun that costs fifteen dollars at character creation will run $45 in the Maze, and food runs an average of five t osix times the normal price.  The section of Maze where Gomorra is built was a desert BEFORE the quake, and things haven't improved much since.

guess we will have to share bathes then  O:) O:)
water has to be at a preimium after all

Unless my shop can come up with things that can purify water...hmmm
I guess whiskey is easier to get then fresh water after making a still is not that hard and then we can make mead from honey!!

Phaia