Interest check: Changeling, The Dreaming (oWoD or freeform)

Started by Annie, April 25, 2012, 12:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I wonder why we have so few games using the amazing scenario of the World of Darkness (both), here on E. Well, trying to change that a little, I created this thread to check how many players would be interested in a roleplay using the Changeling: The Dreaming scenario. One of the most beautiful of the oWoD, in my humble opinion. Well, Mage: The Ascension is amazing too, but Changeling have a special place in my heart. ;P

We can use the system or make this one a freeform, either way is fine to me. About the plot, I just had a small idea: our characters still had to pass throught the crysalis, and later they will be adopted by a Seelie motley. This way we could introduce players to the world of the Dreaming in a better way, and we won't have to rely on people that is necessarily acquainted with the scenario and its rules. Discover a new world through the eyes of your character could be challenging and rewarding. Of course, all of this can be discussed.

The problem is: given that we have enough players to start a game, I really lack the confidence to GM this one. So, if a good soul want to take the GM role, I would be really grateful.

If you don't know the scenario, check this quick introduction. I'm a bit rusty about it, but I think I can answer some questions too.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

AndyZ

Could be interested but I don't know Dreaming nearly well enough to GM it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Annie

Wow, I didn't expect to get a answer that fast! Let's see if a GM appears, AndyZ. If no one apply for the role, I can try to GM it. Hope that it won't be needed, though.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Kolbrandr

I'd love to play Changeling, it's pretty much my favourite OWoD game (well, tied with VtM), and one of my favourites just generally. Though with that said, it's probably better to say upfront that I honestly sort of loathe freeform at this point after a few efforts to try it, and I'd really prefer to play with a range to be something past the chrysalis so as to have a backstory that lets me weave the setting into my concept some.

Annie

Well, as I said, nothing is decided yet. Nevertheless, welcome aboard, Kolbrandr.

SeriousMoonlight

I'm a big fan of oWoD, but I've never gotten a chance to play Changeling. I'd love to try it out if this gets enough players, though!
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Annie

Hi, SeriousMoonlight! I really do hope we get enough players. Do you already know the scenario or just have a slight idea what is about?

SeriousMoonlight

I know about the scenario, yes - I did a lot of research on it but I never managed to end up actually playing a game with anyone. I could probably use a bit of a mini refresher course, though, so I'll re-download my PDFs of the Changeling books if this gets enough people (which I hope it does!).
Hello, I'm Moon!

Marie Reynolds

Ohh old word  changeling. Would this be an unseelie  friendly game?

Annie

Marie, right now I'm looking for players and, I hope so, a GM. If I end GMing this, I think I will use the unseliee court only as antagonists. Maybe we could have some players in a unseliee motley (oposed to the main group, perhaps), but I think it's too early to discuss these things. Let's see if we can arrange this GM, first. ^^

Muse

*Pounce!* 

Annie, you're beautiful for remembering that amazing game!  Please count me in if you can find a GM. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Annie

coolhands

This sounds pretty neat.  Is there source material i cam read to better understamd it.

Marie Reynolds

Alright cool ill just draft another concept in case and be ready for which ever one would be prefered ill most likely be on either one playing Clurichan. besides i would love to have another unseelie become a hero to a Seelie freehold it would be hilarious.

Annie

Coolhands, yes, the core rulebook is the best source for you. A bit big, but it´s a fun reading nevertheless, in my opinion.

Marie, I don´t know much about the other kiths besides the ones in the core book. Once, I read something about the selkies, but it was long time ago. Guess I need to take that rust off. You do seems to know a lot about the game, Marie. Are you sure you don´t want to GM it? ;P

Marie Reynolds

I'm already planing a 7 th sea game and with me being in the navy I would not want to step into that role and not provide the game the proper attention it would deserve as an st

Marie Reynolds

I would be wiling to act as an assistant to help hour with support on Kith and lore

Annie

Thank you, Marie. Your help will be very appreciated. ^^

Wargtass

Sadly Changeling is the game I am the least familiar with in good old World of Darkness. I am a total oWoD freak but I know the ins and out of Mummy: the Resurrection better than I know Changelings. I do, however, have the core book for the Dreaming, so I'll have a look at it tomorrow and see if I'd be drawn in by it.

If you have any questions about the other parts of oWoD, don't hesitate to ask!
O/O

Annie

Elias

If there is any spots left I would love to rp here, I adore Changeling and have a Satyr who I fell in love with but never got the chance to fully blossom on another game.

Wargtass

I'd say playing Sluagh of the Unseelie would be a bunch of fun. Someone pretty much invisible to society, but quite out there around other changelings... yes, I might have to delve deeper into the lore to find out more about these brokers of secrets and lores. Give me another 24.

Edit: Oh snaaap, that kinda rhymed! Gotta get out of here!
O/O

Annie

Elias, we do have some spots free, of course! And, any of you, if you want to GM this one, just raise your hand! ^^

Elias

Marie Reynolds

If any one has lore questions please feel free to contact me ill be willing to assist.

JohnTheGreat

If your still looking for people I'd love to give it a shot, I've only ever played nWoD mortals and vampire through.
How different are the core mechanics in oWoD and nWoD?

Marie Reynolds

Not to bad and if you need help adjusting i play both new world and old world  and i mentor new in Cam/MES larp society

Annie

I think we have enough people already (counting with you, JohnTheGreat) to start a game. If only we had a gm now...

Josietta

*just drops by to wave and say hello* I got a PM from Kol asking me to stop in and have a look. Looks like you have a good bunch here Annie. :)    Good luck with your game!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kolbrandr

Arg, sorry, lost track of how many people wanted in on this.

Annie

No pro, Kol. And Josietta, if you want to join in, just say the word. I think one more wouldn't be a problem.

HairyHeretic

If there's room I'd like to play as well. Always wanted to give CtD a go, but never had the chance.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Annie

Ok, HairyHeretic, you're on the list. Can't say if we still have room, because I'm still looking for a GM. Only he/she could say how many people he/she would allow on this rp.

But you people can still show interest, of course. If any of the players give up, you can take the empty spot.

Now please, GM, show yourself! ;P

Marie Reynolds

Well Annie and everyone an answer to your prays has come Ill along with my assistant Muse will be willing to step up and run the game.

Annie

\o/

No words can express my gratitude to you both!!! ^^

Elias

AndyZ

Is the Motley full for this?  I think Motley is the word for Changeling coteries/groups.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Annie

Yes, motley is a group of changelings, united for a same purpose. Well, you were one of the first to show interest. So, I think you have a place in this motley. :)

SeriousMoonlight

I'm so glad we have a GM! Going to download the books and start thinking about a character  :-)
Hello, I'm Moon!

AndyZ

What are people playing so far?  I think I heard Satyr in there.  Last time I played a Sluagh, but it was so long ago that I barely remember the rules...

Annie

I'm still deciding. Maybe a troll or pooka... or other kith entirely. ;P

I think I'll wait Marie come up with the game's background to make my choice.

Elias

Human Name: Rickard Staus
Fae Name: Ciceras
Player: Rob
Court: Seelie
Legacies: Seelie: Sage Unseelie: Riddler
House: Searching
Seeming: 23
Kith: Satyr
Concept: Dancer/knight and Troubadour

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Attributes
--Physicals: 5
Strength:2
Dexterity:4 (Catlike Reflexes)
Stamina:2 (+1 for being a Satyr + 2 in far dreaming )

--Socials: 7
Charisma:4  (Eloquent)
Manipulation:2
Appearance:4(Sexy)

--Mentals: 3 (5 FB)
Perception:2
Intelligence:2
Wits:3

Abilities
--Talents: 13
Alertness:
Athletics:4 (Dancing ballet, and tap-dance)
Brawl:2
Dodge:1
Empathy:2
Intimidation:
Kenning:2
Persuasion:1
Streetwise:2
Subterfuge:1

--Skills: 9
Crafts:
Drive:1
Etiquette:2
Firearms:
Leadership:1
Melee:3
Performance:2
Security:
Stealth:
Survival:

--Knowledges: 5 (6)
Computer:1
Enigmas:
Gremayre:1
Investigation:2
Law:1
Linguistics:
Lore:
Medicine:
Politics:2
Science:

--Secondary Abilities: 4 FB

--Backgrounds: 2
Chimera 2 (Sage Staff Weapon magical, it speaks Also own rapier and light armor)
Dreamers 1 (A fellow dancer female)
Resources 2
Title 2: Knight (troubadour )

--Arts:
Legerdemain 2
Chicanery 1

--Realms:
Fae 2
Actor 1
Prop 2

Glamour:3/8
Willpower:5
Banality:3

Merits:

Flaws:

Birthrights/Frailties:
Gift of Pan
Passion's curse

Ravaging/Musing Threshold:

House Boon/Ban: n/a

Freebie Expenditures: = 15/15

Description: 5'6 his body is incredibly lithe, trained in dance since he was a child, his feet, and fingers bare a lot of damage from this and he is usually bruised however, his fully muscled physique more for makes up for these minor flaws. His look usually involves sweats, and hanging shirts, hes always revealing his chest.
His features are triangular, and he has black hair, and brown eyes.

His satyr form is also quite beautiful his upper body just as lithe and hairless. With grand legs standing him at 5'6. The Satyr grows a far longer mane of hair.

Character Bio: Rickard grew up in a Liberal household which allowed him to pursue his passions in which he had plenty, at a young age he found a love in dance, and trouble, a special combination. He liked to fight the other kids at school, and enjoyed enticing girls even before he understood what it meant.

His love of dance blossomed when his parents took him to the ballet, and the moment he witnessed the first act he was hooked, he took his first class at the age of 11 and it never went away he was even accepted into a dance school when he turned 17.

His world changed, and his dream was not broken but brought to new heights as he awoke as if from a dream to realize that his imagination never had to stop. He loved his gifts even more, and he erupted in a happiness he had never realized before.

He trained in the noble ideas of the fae, and combined with his dance, learned much turning eyes on the horizen. He looked for even greater places, So with bright eyes he headed out.

Rickards Chimerical Weapon

The Satyr Sage Staff Ashu

Perception: 4
Intelligence: 3
Wits 3

Alertness: 2
Politics: 5 (Old Fae politics)

Annie

Elias

I usually do but I had this sheet from before I found DA lines, ill move it eventually.

Kolbrandr

Was going to wait and see on what such as are running were going to put forward as far as setting locale, anything they want to note as far as character creation, so forth. Changeling, there's room to do it a ton of different ways, which is one of the things I like about it, but it does mean there needs to be a sort of pick of direction I find for a campaign, or it rambles all over the place.

Annie

Kinda hard finding pictures that could suit in the fae mien... ;P

But I have stumbled in these ones:

She sure have a Pooka looks. Something that reminded me from the Mad Hatter/White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. Maybe I'll use that...

AndyZ

Quote from: Annie on May 05, 2012, 01:05:17 AM
Kinda hard finding pictures that could suit in the fae mien... ;P

But I have stumbled in these ones:

She sure have a Pooka looks. Something that reminded me from the Mad Hatter/White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. Maybe I'll use that...

...That shouldn't turn me on nearly as much as it does...

Annie

Quote from: AndyZ on May 05, 2012, 01:11:39 AM
...That shouldn't turn me on nearly as much as it does...

You can focus on her mundane looks, then. ;P

SeriousMoonlight

Where do you look for your pictures? I'm always completely stumped on where to find any good ones D:
Hello, I'm Moon!

Elias

Marie Reynolds

Well your quite welcome Annie and I was thinking about a small suburb maybe in Connecticut or Rhode island where their is an equal presence of Seelie and Unseelie fae they will each have  their own freehold however their will be a neutral ground freehold run by a motley that has been in this suburb that is a mixed motley of both Seelie and Unseelie as they came together for mutual protection and business of maintaining the area until maybe a year or two go other Motleys of both groups started showing up and the game will focus on the struggles to keep things calm between all the new residence and eventually deal with other issues that will reveal themselves through the progression of the plot please deal free to make any suggestions and please excuse the format I'm typing from my phone

SeriousMoonlight

I'm glad people will get an opportunity to choose between Seelie and Unseelie fae. That sounds great so far.
Hello, I'm Moon!

Elias

SeriousMoonlight

Hey Marie and any other players, I have a minor suggestion for the chronicle. I'm going to be playing a Seelie Sluagh and she inherited a large manor from her deceased uncle - as in, 6+ bedrooms large. Perhaps this could be a base of sorts for the motley that they all live in together, like the neutral ground freehold you were talking about?
Hello, I'm Moon!

Marie Reynolds

The neutral ground will be provided for by NPCS though your more then welcome to use it for the Seelie freehold if you wish

Annie

Still haven't decided which kith to choose. ;P

But I can tell she'll be a Seelie. ;)

Marie Reynolds

Cool so what is you changelings job personality and or what myths might you be drawing

Annie

Really don't know right now. Gotta think about that. :)

Kolbrandr

Are the holds noble run? I'd like to play a sidhe is what it is, so I'd like some of that pomp and circumstance and all.

Are we otherwise trucking in the War in Concordia whole metaplot thing? Reign of High King David instead?

*so.. yeah, giant changeling nerd*

And.. starting characters? Other?

SeriousMoonlight

Name: Orianna Toussaint
Fae Name: Maerwynn (Wynne)
Kith: Sluagh
House: Unaffiliated
Concept: Ghostly musician
Mortal Age: 22
Mortal Seeming: Orianna is of average height, standing around 5'5", although her choice of footwear often makes her appear slightly taller, and very slim for her height. Her lidded eyes and gaunt face make her look like she is constantly daydreaming even though she rarely misses anything going on around her. Her pitch black hair is very long, reaching well past her shoulder blades, and it always appears to look slightly tousled no matter what she does with it. She enjoys wearing smudged black eyeliner and takes care to dress herself well, although she doesn't exactly keep up with current fashion trends. Overall she looks quite surreal and almost inhuman and often finds herself gaining attention that she generally does not wish to get. Her facial expressions tend to be quite blank, and generally speaking she smiles most when she's nervous. The most distinct thing about Orianna are her eyes - they are a startling shade of violet.
Fae Mien: Orianna's sluagh nature shows through to an even larger degree, and she looks more like a ghost than a fae. She looks haunted and otherworldly, a trait that some people find quite attractive. All of her facial expressions appear calm and serene, her rare smiles gentle and sagelike. Her already long hair becomes even longer and seems to shimmer like polished obsidian. She generally wrangles it into a messy bun, but wisps of hair escape often and she's usually too busy poring over a book to notice. Her violet eyes darken and seem to almost glow when she hears something that interests her. She quite enjoys Victorian-era fashion and often dresses to the nines in black dresses and veils similar to Victorian mourning clothing, corsets and all. In her mortal seeming, Orianna seems a tad 'off' - in her fae mien, she looks like she stepped out of another era entirely. Her voice has, of course, lowered to nothing more than a whisper, as is the Frailty of her kith.
Personality: Although Orianna generally looks quite morose and like the kind of individual who spends far too much time writing bad poetry, she generally doesn't play into the melodrama that her kith is known for. She does, however, have the same level of almost uncomfortable politeness common in most sluaghs, and she expects the same from everyone else. Tardiness and rude manners irk her to no end, and if you're late for an appointment with her you can be quite sure you'll have an angry changeling to deal with. She doesn't tend to speak much, preferring instead to listen and occasionally bring new information to the table if she feels she has anything valuable to offer. Orianna prides herself on being able to get information and she has many contacts, although she is still spreading her network. Bartering information brings her true joy, and nothing excites her more than learning a juicy tidbit of information. Of course, it's always hard to tell if she's excited or not, as she tends to keep her emotions very much in check. However, she opens up around people she considers friends. She actually has a tendency to be less polite to people she is fond of, and often makes cutting sarcastic remarks as a strange manner of expressing her friendship. She often seems aloof, as most sluaghs do, but she truly loves and cares about the very few people she trusts. If you've befriended Orianna, you have a friend for life. If you betray her or cause harm to someone she cares about, she will do everything in her power to make life hell. The one time Orianna is able to truly lose herself is when she's performing and playing her cello. Her whole demeanor shifts, and her body language and facial expressions become vivid and intense. When the performance ends, she's back to normal.
History: Orianna Calliste Toussaint was born to two doting French parents living in New England. They tried to make sure their darling daughter had everything, although she was much more interested in the antique toys and spiderwebs in the attic than anything shiny and new. From a young age it was clear she didn't feel comfortable around other children, and eventually she wound up being homeschooled. During that time, she started taking cello lessons and soon discovered her passion in life. By age sixteen she was performing as much as she could while still focusing on her studies, and by the time she hit age 22 she'd released two albums and become relatively famous in the world of classical music. When she went through and emerged from her Chrysalis, instead of being afraid she embraced her newfound self and became immersed in her new identity. Recently her uncle passed away and left her a rather large home - a beautiful, if slightly run down, manor where she currently lives.
Other: Orianna enjoys the company of her wraith friends a lot, sometimes more than other changelings or mortals. They assist her in gathering information in a way no living entity ever could. If someone has irritated her, she'll often take the opportunity to unnerve them by talking to any wraiths that happen to be hanging around nearby. The only pet she has is a white Angora rabbit named Alastair who looks more like a particularly large cottonball than any sort of animal.

Character sheet is located here. Please tell me if there's anything you need me to change and I'll get right on it!
Hello, I'm Moon!

Marie Reynolds

Well the noble houses being in charge can happen ic cause the Seelie and Unseelie freeholds will be being built and edtablished

HairyHeretic

If there's room for me, Seelie Troll. I'm about to scoot for work, so will check back in in 12 hours time or so.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Marie Reynolds

@ Hairy Heretic: Of Course.

@ Kolbrandr: It will be just very shortly after the disappearance of High King David at the moment though that may change depending on  further brainstorming.

JohnTheGreat

Hooray for having a GM, now I just need to learn the difference between old and new changeling -.-

Kolbrandr

I actually wasn't a great big fan of that supplement anywho if you wanted to ignore it and have the overall national political situation still be stable.

As far as the holds, right, they're respectively unseelie and seelie controlled, what I mean is, the titular ruling head of each, member of the various houses? All the holds in general ultimately report up to the Concordian Duke of the area, who, given the map, answers to Queen Mab of the Kingdom of Apples, who answers to whoever is in theory the King or Queen of Concordia? (or no one at all, if David's just vanished) Just wanting to sort out the local feudal chain of people.

Annd, sorry, missed if you replied, build characters as starting and such?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: JohnTheGreat on May 06, 2012, 08:22:57 AM
Hooray for having a GM, now I just need to learn the difference between old and new changeling -.-

A lot.

They have a VERY different feel to them.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Marie Reynolds

@kol their will be stability for the beginning the Dukes have kept David's disappearance quiet part of the game will also be garnering favor with nearby duke as Changeling presence has been very low until know
@ John I play both wood and neodymium so I can help with the transition

Kolbrandr

I think I might be asking this too vaguely, erm.

Who runs each hold in the area in what you're envisioning, is what I'm asking. Are they commoner run? Noble run? Is there a local court to speak of?

Marie Reynolds

I said it the town is not under a Duke  that will have to be worked on and any semblance of leadership will have to be established by the pcs

Kolbrandr

Okay, what I mean is if the holds in the village, if any of them have a local baron or some sort of thing, court of functionaries, etc.

I was looking for the whole feudal society aspect of Changeling as an element of this, and that doesn't really seem to be the bag of three loosely held freeholds then or what you're leaning towards as something in play.

Probably better I withdraw from this, thanks anyway though and I wish you guys luck with the game.

AndyZ

One stupid question: child PCs aren't allowed on Elliquiy, right?  I forget what the name of the characters are who are children (not Wilder or Grumps) but would they be disallowed also?

SeriousMoonlight

I don't think they'd be allowed - I think the oldest a Childling can be is thirteen or twelve?
Hello, I'm Moon!

Marie Reynolds

I'll double check on the age of childlings
Kol what I have been trying to tell you is aside from the neutral motley their is a very low Changeling presence be they Barons dukes or whatever the motleirs that show or form upon arrival will be forming the politcal structure

JohnTheGreat

Human Name: Paul Giles
Fae Name: Ethyr
Kith: Pooka
Legacy: Panderer, fool
Seeming: Wilder
Concept: mischievous joker
Mortal Age: 19
Character sheet: sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/17881 (it wouldn't let me post links but it's easy enough to copy/paste that.)

Mortal appearance: Paul is short and a little on the scrawny side. He has very sharp facial features and a constant glint in his dark brown eyes. His dark, shoulder length is a constant mess but he insists that it suits him better that way. He has a small amount of stubble around his chin. His usual dress is simply jeans and a t-shirt.
Fae appearance: His nose and chin are even longer and pointier. The hair on his chin is thinker and his teeth are sharper. His eyes are black and he has the ears of a rat. His fingers are long and thin with sharp fingernails.
Character Bio: He has spent his entire life annoying some people and making the rest laugh. He has been kicked out of st least one school, probably more (he lies too often for anyone other than his teachers to know for sure). He tends to avoid conflict but sometimes his jokes and pranks rub people the wrong way.
He reacted to his chrysalis the same way he reacts to everything, he found it hilarious and ignored the greater implications.

I have no idea what the Ravaging/Musing Threshold part is about and I took three dots in treasure and I don't really know what that gets me  :-\
Also I don't really know where to find pictures  :-(

HairyHeretic

I guess you could have the younger fae, but it would mean the game would have to be non adult.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Annie

@JohnTheGreat, the ravaging/musing threshold is basically how you draw glamour from mortals. Since you're a Seelie, it's more likely that your character uses the musing threshold. A Seelie changeling can draw glamour from mortals in many ways, like inspiring them with creativity, hope, love, etc. Unseelie uses a more drastically, easier to get glamour, but that can surrender the mortal unable to dream anymore (not sure about the unseelie part). And there's the rhapsody, a method forbidden by both courts (this one sure makes the mortal unable to dream).

About the treasure: 3 pts in treasure means that you have an artifact with such power equal to 3 pts in an art.

Oh, and about the pictures, that's ok. A good description can be better than any pictures. ;D

@HairyHeretic: yes. So, no childlings in this game, please!! ;P

Marie Reynolds

I would have to agree that the childers would be out cause their will be plenty of adult oriented behaviors especially with Unseelie running around

Annie

Ok, I found a good site with most the information that should cover character creation. Dunno if I can post the link here so, pm me if interested.

EDIT: Need a quick answer here... what means that realm affinity on kiths?

Muse

Oh, I've forgotten what the benefit is there!  Grr...  My books are all at home. 

Anyone else know? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Annie

I can't find in the books...

Well, I'll keep searching.

Hmm, how many freebie points we do have?

Annie

Marie Reynolds

Well I get off around 1600 in Japan and I'll be working on my procurement of the books do I'll haver that nswer for you

Josietta

Quote from: Annie on May 07, 2012, 08:58:11 PM
Ok, I found a good site with most the information that should cover character creation. Dunno if I can post the link here so, pm me if interested.

EDIT: Need a quick answer here... what means that realm affinity on kiths?

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Dream_Realms_(Changeling:_The_Dreaming)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Annie

Hmm, I do have the realms descriptions. What I wanted to know is: what means, for instance, that a Pooka have an affinity with the Nature realm? Does that mean he/she can learn it faster? Does it mean that we have to spent points there first before spent in another realm? I'm really lost here. :/

EDIT: Found it!! When you use a cantrip within your kith affinity, its dificulty is reduced by 1.

Annie

~WIP~

Human Name: Marie "Hattie" Denvers

Fae Name:
True: Elleanor Longears
Nick: Ellen

Kith: Pooka
Legacy:
Seelie: Jester
Unseelie: Riddler

Mortal Age: 17
Character sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/17925

Appearance:

There's a picture for reference:

Other pictures: 1 - 2 - 3.

Mortal:
Well, look at the picture above. Done? Ok, now imagine that girl without that strange clothes. No, no, no, not in that way, your pervert! Although I have to agree with you: she have a beautiful slender body. But, back to business. Just try to imagine her with "some" mundane pieces: boots, a long skirt, a sleeveless shirt, another skirt, maybe a dress, a unbuttoned long sleeve blouse, fingerless cotton gloves and finally a black overcoat over it all. Oh, and don't forget her beloved top hat (with two holes for her rabbit ears, after all, no one would want Marie to gain banality for free) and her inseparable umbrella (the mundane looks of the Carrot Stinger).

Congratulations, you just pictured Marie "Hattie" (or just Hattie) on her self-called artistic voile. It's the way she dress for her street magic shows and, therefore, the way she will be seen most. I have to admit that she have a bad taste for fashion: her looks is far away from sexy. In fact, one could think, on the first look, that she's just a surprisingly perfumed and cute beggar. But there's something on it, maybe her cuteness, maybe the way she can make one feel the urge to protect her, that actually can attract people, earning their trust. Pookas... Go figure...

Fae mien:
Now, look at the picture again. Just some minor changes and we have Ellen on her fae mien. First, her white bunny ears, of course! Coming from the top of her head, they keep her hat in place, appearing from two holes on it. She has a rabbit nose and a bunny whiskers, also. Her eyes are of a beautiful blue, but the iris and pupil is a bit big, like of a bunny. On the back of her pants, one could see her white bunny tail. Her hands and feet are covered in white fur. She always carry on an umbrella, a disguise for her rapier, the Carrot Stinger. If Marie is cute on her mundane appearance, that's even more true for Ellen's fae mien. A great disguise for her, since she's an amazing swordswoman.

Oh, that's right! About her animal looks... Ellen can shapeshift into a complete white bunny, with a somewhat strange blue color for her eyes.

Personality:

Most of Ellen's traits seems to exist only to mislead and confuse. Most of the kithain would say that she is still a childling, due to her innocence and unquenchable curiosity, when in truth she has a deep connection with the Dream, knowing some of its secrets. One would say that she is a pacifist or a coward, avoiding fights and fleeing in the first oportunity when facing one, when in truth she is a fierce and honored warrior. Looking at her fondness for prestidigitation, you would say that she knows most kinds of fae magic, when in truth she rely heavily on her swordsmanship when in a pinch. That's how she is: unpredictable, mysterious in a sense. Ellen covers her past in mistery, be it in her mortal life, be it in her fae lives (yes, she has complete memories of most of her lives as a kithain).

Being a Pooka, Ellen simply cannot afford to see sadness around her. She will do anything to see at least a smile on the sad person. She's loyal, a person that one would want to have on his side when in trouble or at good times. Just don't try to get any information from her... you would have your patience drained up before you get anything, while Ellen would stand in front of you smiling and chewing a carrot. And, given that she finally said you something worthy, that will be probably the truth... so well mixed with lies that you can't say for sure what's true and what's a lie. Oh, and save your patience... her curiosity can drive someone nuts.

Bio: WIP

SeriousMoonlight

Oh god, there are two Pookas in the motley. My Sluagh is going to pull her hair out by the end of this journey, I'm sure  :-)
Hello, I'm Moon!

Annie

Lol. Well, I'm wondering... would it be too odd if a Pooka isn't into pranks?

I wanted to make my Pooka more focused on lying (of course!!) and annoying people with her curiosity. A nocker would be driven insane with her in his lab, pushing every single button she could find. ;P

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: Annie on May 08, 2012, 12:20:13 AM
Lol. Well, I'm wondering... would it be too odd if a Pooka isn't into pranks?

I wanted to make my Pooka more focused on lying (of course!!) and annoying people with her curiosity. A nocker would be driven insane with her in his lab, pushing every single button she could find. ;P

I don't think that would be too out of character. Although oh jeez, my poor Sluagh... people touching her things and lying to her just drives her up the wall! Especially when said person is a hyperactive Pooka. But yeah, you've definitely still got the mischief there and that's fine. I'm excited to see how your character comes out.
Hello, I'm Moon!

JohnTheGreat

Quote from: Annie on May 07, 2012, 01:20:23 PM
About the treasure: 3 pts in treasure means that you have an artifact with such power equal to 3 pts in an art.

So I can have some sort of item that allows me to cast say Effigy, the 3 dot art/spell/whatever from Legerdemain?

Annie

@SeriousMoonlight  That´s what I thought. Would be boring if every single pooka needed to be a prankster. ;D

@JohnTheGreat Yes, you´re right. The item would do the Effigy cantrip, and only that.

HairyHeretic

Are there any books disallowed for character creation? I know various books (Kithbooks for example) add in other options.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

Charisma Copperfield chases Annie's Pookah around the lab.  "Frack, Don't let the FUBARs out!  Careful, that's partialy hydrogonated applie phlebotemum!  Drek, dive for cover!"  *Balaity incinerating electric zots fly everywhere.* 

"I like this girl, Muse!  Can I keep her?" 

Charisma, did you just break the fourth wall again? 

The goblin looks at her writer with wide, inocent green eyes.  "Would I do that?" 

Annie

Quote from: Muse on May 08, 2012, 11:52:16 AM
Charisma Copperfield chases Annie's Pookah around the lab.  "Frack, Don't let the FUBARs out!  Careful, that's partialy hydrogonated applie phlebotemum!  Drek, dive for cover!"  *Balaity incinerating electric zots fly everywhere.* 

"I like this girl, Muse!  Can I keep her?" 

Charisma, did you just break the fourth wall again? 

The goblin looks at her writer with wide, inocent green eyes.  "Would I do that?"

Lol!! That was wonderful, Muse! ^^

Muse

*Grins*  Thank you, Annie.  I gather Charisma's gotten herself into some sort of position of authority. 

The knocker girl pauses soberly, then breaks into protesting sobs.  "Authority?  No!  But, all I do is in the name of science!" 

She sulks away and--as soon as she thinks no one can see--rubs her palms together and crows in triumph, "Yes, today the freehold, tomorrow the world!" 

Annie

Quote from: SeriousMoonlight on May 08, 2012, 02:11:25 AM
I don't think that would be too out of character. Although oh jeez, my poor Sluagh... people touching her things and lying to her just drives her up the wall! Especially when said person is a hyperactive Pooka. But yeah, you've definitely still got the mischief there and that's fine. I'm excited to see how your character comes out.

I really do hope Alastair doesn't get too excited when Ellen is hopping around in her bunny form.  ???  Is he neutered? ;P

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: Annie on May 08, 2012, 11:26:15 PM
I really do hope Alastair doesn't get too excited when Ellen is hopping around in her bunny form.  ???  Is he neutered? ;P

Oh my god I think I laughed way harder at this than I should have!
Hello, I'm Moon!

Marie Reynolds

I'm willing to entertain Amy kith just give me a heads up

JohnTheGreat

It just occurred to me that the treasure thing I have (I think I'm gonna go with a ring, assuming that's how it works) has the potential to create realistic duplicates of people. I can have a lot of fun with that  8-)

Annie

@JohnTheGreat, yes, that's how it works. Just keep in mind that a treasure have a mundane, physical form and a chimerical form as well. Your ring would be like the One ring from LOTR in its chimerical shape and a white plastic ring in its mundane shape. It's up to you to create that. ^^

I'm only missing the bio from my pooka. I will update that soon. Well, Marie, should we have a character thread to put the approved characters in there? ^^

Marie Reynolds

Yep I will put one together after avengers tonight

Marie Reynolds

Good morning everyone before I make a character thread what section would we like to have this under

Muse

I'd not object with anywhere, and have fun with anything from light to NCE. 

Annie

Muse

*Grins*  We should give Annie what she wants, boss.  :)

(I wonder what the others think.)

Annie

Well, whatever the majority chooses, I won't complain. We could have a game without sex and I would find it great!! True story! ^^

SeriousMoonlight

I think NCE might be the best option - sure, our characters are humanoid at some points, but some develop distinctly inhuman characteristics in their fae miens (speaking of, did you know that Sluaghs have prehensile tongues and no teeth? Think about it). Plus, we don't necessarily HAVE to engage in all that stuff, but it would be good for players to have the option if they chose.
Hello, I'm Moon!

Annie

Quote from: SeriousMoonlight on May 11, 2012, 11:24:16 PM
I think NCE might be the best option - sure, our characters are humanoid at some points, but some develop distinctly inhuman characteristics in their fae miens (speaking of, did you know that Sluaghs have prehensile tongues and no teeth? Think about it). Plus, we don't necessarily HAVE to engage in all that stuff, but it would be good for players to have the option if they chose.

Exactly what he (he?) said!! Well, about the sluaghs, just think what they can do with all that flexibility of them... O_O

Muse

*Laughs*  I like the way you think, Moonlight. 

Hm...  I'm envisioning a lecherous duke...  A good strong leader from House Dougal, supportive of the commoner controlled freeholds in allied territory...  Just don't leave him alone with the Wylder girls! 

And for extra fun, a clockwork left hand made of chimerical silver with a few fun functions... 

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: Muse on May 11, 2012, 11:32:20 PM
  *Laughs*  I like the way you think, Moonlight. 

Hm...  I'm envisioning a lecherous duke...  A good strong leader from House Dougal, supportive of the commoner controlled freeholds in allied territory...  Just don't leave him alone with the Wylder girls! 

And for extra fun, a clockwork left hand made of chimerical silver with a few fun functions...

Oh, oh I'm swooning already!
Hello, I'm Moon!

JohnTheGreat

So yea NC seems like it would be less constrictive.

Hephaestus

I would very much so like to play. I have played this a few times tabletop and am pretty familiar with the setting. Past that I love me some Muse!
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
~Peter Drucker~

Marie Reynolds

Well looks like we share much in common welcome aboard

AndyZ

Name: Amy Kyleson
Legacies: Sage/Peacock
Kith: Eshu

Strength 2 Dexterity (Flexible) 5 Stamina 2 Charisma 2 Manipulation 2 Appearance 2 Perception 3 Intelligence (Problem Solver) 4 Wits 3

Alertness 3 Athletics 3 Empathy 1 Kenning 3 Persuasion 1 Streetwise 1 Subterfuge 1
Drive 1 Performance 3 Stealth 1
Enigmas 3 Gremayre 3 Lore 3

Contacts 1 (Homeless), Mentor 2, Remembrance 1, Resources 1
Nature 1 Prophecy 1 Wayfarer 1
Actor 1 Fae 1 Nature 1 Prop 1 Scene 1

Glamour 4 Willpower 6 Banality 3

Danger Sense +2

To the mortal eye, Amy is just another homeless vagrant, wandering around through the country and seeing the best and worst that life has to offer.  She never seems to get enough to eat, she displays some exceptional talents for parkour which she uses as a sort of street performance, and she always has an interesting story to tell.  However, she's dirty, she's used to going it alone and isn't very trusting of most people.  But what do ordinary humans know?

Muse

Annie

Just hang on,  people.  I'll have Ellen's bio done tomorrow, I think.

EDIT: Ok, she's done! Posted in the character thread and waiting for approvation. ^^

AndyZ

Muse

From what I here, M.R. has professional requirements and computer troubles keeping him off the net for the last few days. 

AndyZ

Annie

Muse, about the chars, you're allowed to approve them? Would save us some time, I guess. We could start as soon as M. R. returns. ^^

Muse

Okay, I've got clearance there.  :)  Let em take a look. 

Muse

Muse

Everyone who's posted a character as of this date and time, either I sent you a PM, or  your approved. 

*Rubber Stamp* 

Annie

Hey, I'm missing some characters in the new char thread. You won't be using Charisma and Donovan anymore, Muse? And what about Elias's Satyr and HairyHeretic's Troll? You two won't play anymore? O_o

EDIT:

In case someone missed the new OOC and IC threads:

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141081.0

IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141210.0

Muse

Hairy is suffering from Real Life and had to drop out of all his game.  He said he'd only be around enough to chat, and not much of that. 

I'm glad Elias found his way.  :)