LFG for Final Fantasy D6 (Recruitment is closed)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 08, 2015, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

If wondering what heck I am talking about, I talk about using D6 system for final fantasy presented by Him/Her (click mediafire download).

Now, it looks very simple and fancy system (once you read the chargen and combat rules and then later on read job rules and if got PDF reader every job has mini link for magic related to it). Overall I have plates full as GM'ing stuff but I would want as player and I just do interest check is there others who want try this and perhaps one interested wants to be GM? They get to choose which edition FF we use, or do they go use their own custom one (there are own rules to some FF series like FF7 has rules how add material slots and how materia works in this system).

MaiMizzu

So I had been considering making a final fantasy rp, I even made a list of jobs and races that could be used. While I'm awful at being a GM, and I'm awful with systems..I'd like to express tentative interest! When I get home from work I can show you the lists I made, add week as done of my ideas for a story
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Revelation

MaiMizzu

So I just downloaded the system thing and I'm going through it. It looks like you have listed all of the jobs I had considered putting in!
If I may, if we do this, should we say that only one person per job? Like.. no duplicates? Or is that to much of a restriction?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Zaer Darkwail

It would be okay limit but take note job changing is possible in the system. Also additional note I did not create the system :P. I just found the system couple days ago and I thought it was interesting.

MaiMizzu

As i said, im bad with systems. I have the PDF, and i get most of it. but the numbers thing.. it's a bit overwhelming.

Angie

Quote from: MaiMizzu on March 08, 2015, 04:43:03 PM
So I just downloaded the system thing and I'm going through it. It looks like you have listed all of the jobs I had considered putting in!
If I may, if we do this, should we say that only one person per job? Like.. no duplicates? Or is that to much of a restriction?

Only a fool builds an FF party with more then 1 Warrior or 1 whatever. The only one I'd ever consider doubling up on is White Mage...and even then you can have like a Knight/Paladin for that.

Inerrant Lust

Consider me interested as a player... My plate's a bit full as a GM, but I think I have some experience in that department (though none with the system...) so I'll help out from time to time as needed.

Eislynn

I'd like to express my definite interest as a player, and tentative interest in GMing I've no experience with this particular system, but my husband and I GMed a long running Final Fantasy Tabletop game with the D100 system from Returner Games. (http://ffrpg.net/ffrpg3e.pdf) I know that we'd have an easier time of using the system we know, but I'll look into this d6 one as well. No promises, but I'm going to try and recruit my faithful Co-GM.

More on this as new details arrive... Stay tuned. ;)

Eislynn

Alright folks! He took one look at the D6 PDF, then informed me that it actually is the spiritual successor of that D100 game we ran years ago. He then grinned and emphatically declared "I'm in." Suffice it to say, slowmojoe and I would like to officially take the reigns of this beast. So if you all accept, please allow us a week or two to plan, and watch this space for updates.

I'm more excited than a chocobo on a Ghysal Greens farm!

Angie

Quote from: Katida desu on March 10, 2015, 09:48:03 PM
Alright folks! He took one look at the D6 PDF, then informed me that it actually is the spiritual successor of that D100 game we ran years ago. He then grinned and emphatically declared "I'm in." Suffice it to say, slowmojoe and I would like to officially take the reigns of this beast. So if you all accept, please allow us a week or two to plan, and watch this space for updates.

Alright, sweet! I am excited to press whatever boundaries get set! :)

Inerrant Lust

I would like to know before-hand what kind of setting we'll be in. Of course, there's going to Behemoths and Chocobos and the like... but will it be a setting specific to a single game, ie; Spira, or one that functions more as a sandbox lately (ie; the new Ivalice)

Honestly, I would prefer something you made up, though I know that can be pretty taxing. :P

I've become increasingly jaded with Final Fantasy games as of late... ever since the dreaded Enix came along. ;)

Revelation

The only real 'bad' FF's lately IMO were the 13 trilogy. 12 was alright, and 15 looks tentatively good. Type 0 was also amazing.

Also, i'd recommend Theater rhythm: Curtain Call for those with 3DS's, though not exactly an RPG!

Angie

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 10, 2015, 09:56:09 PM
I would like to know before-hand what kind of setting we'll be in. Of course, there's going to Behemoths and Chocobos and the like... but will it be a setting specific to a single game, ie; Spira, or one that functions more as a sandbox lately (ie; the new Ivalice)

Honestly, I would prefer something you made up, though I know that can be pretty taxing. :P

I've become increasingly jaded with Final Fantasy games as of late... ever since the dreaded Enix came along. ;)

I kinda liked 12, honestly, if only because I felt a lot of heart behind that one, but yeah, I'm with ya. I'm a classic fan-Terra could totally kick Cloud's ass!

Revelation

And to be fair, 12 would have been even better if Square kept to the developers original wants with the game, rather than forcing him to change the main characters around.

Also Ramza is mai husbando.

Angie

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 10, 2015, 10:00:52 PM
And to be fair, 12 would have been even better if Square kept to the developers original wants with the game, rather than forcing him to change the main characters around.

Also Ramza is mai husbando.

Oh my god thank you, someone else who gets that! (Granted, anyone who goes on TVTropes knows that...)

Inerrant Lust

I'm currently replaying 12 and loathing every minute of it. Mostly you can tell where the heart was and where the executive meddling was. You can tell that Basch is.. really, the main character. But Vaan and his freakish abdominal grid-stomach was thrown in our faces because they needed a bishy teenage protagonist. I thought the character design ranged from cool (Basically all the Judges...) to downright excruciatingly awful to look at. Is Basch really the type of man to wear fucking cargo pants? I get it, desert people, whatever... but jesus. :P

I still think 7 is the best... but only in the context of when it came out. Cloud was a deconstruction of 'The Cool Guy' RPG hero. Sephiroth a deconstruction of your stereotypical JRPG villain. Except that 7 became so popular that nobody knew it was actually a critique of those elements... and instead took them at face value. And then you have all the 'expanded universe' games/films that seem to have missed the point entirely...

And yes, I also think Tactics is one of the stronger games in the series regarding plot and characters and depth.... barring all the translation errors and quirks, of course.

Veeerrrrrrryyyyy littttttttlllleeeeee moooooooonnnneeeeeyyyyyyy...

Revelation

I am partially of the line that Basch's character design is partly similar to Ashley Riot and his... Cargo assless chaps. Which is something of a quirk of the artist (As Ramza also shared said chaps. but as pants)

12 is alright. 12 is better if you're playing International zodiac which vastly improves the gameplay IMO. Though it is hard to argue that FF hasn't fallen out of favor - moreso when i've enjoyed other RPG's (SMT, persona, Xenoblade Chronicles) more than recent FF's.

Eislynn

Just so you have an idea of what sort of FF fan I am, allow me to put forth some of my beliefs on the core numbered games. I won't speak for slowmojoe. He can tell you what he's about.

1 I hold it in high regard just for the fact that it was the beginning.
2 I'm fond of the story, and the storyline deaths got to me more than I expected. Poignant.
3 (not American 3 which is actually 6, of course.) unfortunately I never got around to playing it.
4 I've never actually played through all the way, but I'm familiar with most of it. Badass and trippy in a good way. Tough at times, but worth the trouble. If only I could keep a damn save file intact...
5 hehe... Butz... Didn't finish it, but I liked the job system.
6 From the huge cast of unique player characters, to the viciously memorable villains, to that freaking opera scene... Fantastic. Easily the best. If only all the other games could emulate this one and live up to its legacy!
7 An important part of the rise of popularity of final fantasy, but I think it's a bit... Overrated. (Plz don't throw things at me!)
8 Took the concept of the silent protagonist a bit too far. Enjoyable gameplay. Fun to theorize about. ;)
9 Character design is a bit strange, but mostly charming. Engaging story. Fun as hell.
10 I wanted to dislike it. Couldn't. One of my favorites.
For the record...X2 is absolutely my guilty pleasure.
11 Didn't play. Wasn't into MMOs at the time.
12 Silly at times, (Basch was dressed like a dad, not a hero, lol) but I loved the nostalgia factor. It felt wonderfully old school when they were trying.
13 I've decided it doesn't exist. I suppose it was an okay "game" but it was a horrible final fantasy. Got all the way to the end but I just couldn't bear to finish it.
14 hell yes. I played the shit out of this at launch. Had to cut my subscription out of my budget for a while, but looking forward to playing again when time and money allow.

As for the setting for this game, it'll be an original one. I've been itching to stretch my world building muscles again!

Looking forward to torturing playing with yinz! Remember, "When the GM smiles it's already too late" - old Klingon proverb (lol)

Inerrant Lust

Hehe. Then consider me very very interested...

I have always had a weakness for Lancers.. Though I'd like to keep my mind settled about character creation until I know more about the setting and the other characters...

Angie

Quote from: Katida desu on March 10, 2015, 10:40:54 PM
Just so you have an idea of what sort of FF fan I am, allow me to put forth some of my beliefs on the core numbered games. I won't speak for slowmojoe. He can tell you what he's about.

1 I hold it in high regard just for the fact that it was the beginning.
2 I'm fond of the story, and the storyline deaths got to me more than I expected. Poignant.
3 (not American 3 which is actually 6, of course.) unfortunately I never got around to playing it.
4 I've never actually played through all the way, but I'm familiar with most of it. Badass and trippy in a good way. Tough at times, but worth the trouble. If only I could keep a damn save file intact...
5 hehe... Butz... Didn't finish it, but I liked the job system.
6 From the huge cast of unique player characters, to the viciously memorable villains, to that freaking opera scene... Fantastic. Easily the best. If only all the other games could emulate this one and live up to its legacy!
7 An important part of the rise of popularity of final fantasy, but I think it's a bit... Overrated. (Plz don't throw things at me!)
8 Took the concept of the silent protagonist a bit too far. Enjoyable gameplay. Fun to theorize about. ;)
9 Character design is a bit strange, but mostly charming. Engaging story. Fun as hell.
10 I wanted to dislike it. Couldn't. One of my favorites.
For the record...X2 is absolutely my guilty pleasure.
11 Didn't play. Wasn't into MMOs at the time.
12 Silly at times, (Basch was dressed like a dad, not a hero, lol) but I loved the nostalgia factor. It felt wonderfully old school when they were trying.
13 I've decided it doesn't exist. I suppose it was an okay "game" but it was a horrible final fantasy. Got all the way to the end but I just couldn't bear to finish it.
14 hell yes. I played the shit out of this at launch. Had to cut my subscription out of my budget for a while, but looking forward to playing again when time and money allow.

As for the setting for this game, it'll be an original one. I've been itching to stretch my world building muscles again!

Looking forward to torturing playing with yinz! Remember, "When the GM smiles it's already too late" - old Klingon proverb (lol)

You said 6 was the best. You and me are going to get along just fine.

AndyZ

Quote from: Katida desu on March 10, 2015, 09:48:03 PM

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Zaer Darkwail

Sadly I haven't played anything past 10 in series (nor played anything before the 4 and somehow haven't got chance play 6). Anycase it sounds promising Katida desu :). Although considering we are on E, how much a adult content is going to be encountered in the game? Is it entirely on between PC romances or potential romances between PC x NPC? Or NC elements? Anycase I have interest to play a blue mage (and if possible a summoner who has made pact with chocobo in the start). One game I saw ruled that summoners in party cannot 'master' same summons (party summons are shared but individual mastery is unique).