What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

I love the female Hawke Voice.

And I've already finished the game. :D Muwahaha....But I'm going to play through again, because there are so many choices...I assume there are multiple endings as well, though I'm keeping my save for Dragon Age 3.

Mayakterra

Wolfy

My only complaint about Dragon Age 2, though, is that if you have a lesbian romance with one of your companions, the scene that results isn't as explicit as a heterosexual one. :/ There's no nudity or anything, just some heavy kissing and falling onto the bed (Well, so from what I've seen with Isabella).....So yeah. o3o

Lirliel

Started yesterday on Batman AA, so far I'm liking the game, lurving Harley. (Seriously she's H-O-T) and seriously hating Joker, your jokes aren't funny... so shut it!.

The Scarecrow levels are awesome though, very very atmospheric.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Wolfy

Quote from: Lirliel on March 10, 2011, 10:48:22 PM
Started yesterday on Batman AA, so far I'm liking the game, lurving Harley. (Seriously she's H-O-T) and seriously hating Joker, your jokes aren't funny... so shut it!.

The Scarecrow levels are awesome though, very very atmospheric.

Are they not funny because they aren't funny, or are they not funny because they're directed at you? :P lol

Lirliel

Mainly because they just aren't that funny, however I did like, "He Talks like an Idiot acts like an Idiot but really... he's an idiot", line.

Also I made Harley cry.. that makes me sad :(
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Brandon

Yeah Mark hamil did an excellent Joker performance again (at this point I cant take any other voice actor seriously for the Joker) but they needed a better writing staff. Also I loved harley's uniform, it was kind of an S&M clown outfit :P

Im playing DA2 (borrowed it from a friend who didnt like it) and Im noticing that much like ME the female voice actor is much better then the male one. So just like my DA:O playthrough Im starting as a mage and wooping peoples butts left and right  ;D
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Hemingway

Finished already, Wolfy? I mean, you've had a few days more than me, and I did start my game over ... still! I've been playing it longer than some games are made these days, and I haven't even worked up the cash for the first part.

With the game being this massive, I'm not sure I'll have the energy for a second playthrough right after ( I rarely do ), but I have a feeling my second character is going to be a female mage.

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on March 11, 2011, 07:00:28 AM
Finished already, Wolfy? I mean, you've had a few days more than me, and I did start my game over ... still! I've been playing it longer than some games are made these days, and I haven't even worked up the cash for the first part.

With the game being this massive, I'm not sure I'll have the energy for a second playthrough right after ( I rarely do ), but I have a feeling my second character is going to be a female mage.

Yup Yup, finished already...I also did most of the Side quests/Secondary Quests as well, though I'm still missing a few Achievements that I know I should have gotten. (I think it might be bugged...I know I killed an Ancient Pride Demon at one point but I didn't get an achievement for it, despite that being the achievement goal.). :/

Hemingway

I'm about 7 or 8 hours in, and I've only been doing side quests so far. Or, well, you know.

So, credit where it's due. I've been playing that long, and the Big Bad hasn't been revealed yet. Or maybe there is no Big Bad. Or whatever. I don't want to know. I have my suspicions. Either way, it's gotta be some kind of Bioware record. I can't think of any other game they've made, with the possible exception of Jade Empire, where the main enemy wasn't more or less obvious from the start. I'm very happy about that.

Wolfy

Muwahahaha...I know who the main enemy is.....the "Final Boss", if you will. :p

Hemingway

Well, duh. Like I said, I have my own suspicions. I'll find out soon enough!

Wolfy

Will you? There's a certain character who isn't even introduced until the final year. :/

Though I believe he IS mentioned, and he does have a SMALL appearance during a certain sequence in year 2.

Then again, depending on your choices, the "Final" Boss could be different for all that I know...My own choices kind of..ended badly. <_<>_> Which is why I plan to replay and get a different, slightly happier ending.

Hemingway

I don't want to speculate, for fear of spoiling anything for anyone else. Just like you did for me right now!

Edit: Actually, you didn't. I think it's the same person I suspect. BUT SHUSH.

Wolfy

Just remember, Hemingway...the only right and wrong in the game is what you decide.

Hemingway

My companions disagree. Every time I indulge my inner anarchist, my compansions are all DISAPPROVE.

Anyway. I see a conflict brewing, and I like.

Wolfy

Well duh, that's because they are people themselves with their own thoughts and opinions of things. :P

It still comes down to your choice, though.

Lirliel

Quote from: Brandon on March 11, 2011, 05:53:37 AM
Yeah Mark hamil did an excellent Joker performance again (at this point I cant take any other voice actor seriously for the Joker) but they needed a better writing staff. Also I loved harley's uniform, it was kind of an S&M clown outfit :P

Yes Harley is definitely crush worthy, Poison Ivy... is disappointing at best. Was expecting something more.. I dunno.. glamorous. Then again might have been me getting my hopes up.

Also Bats looks great.. would definitely.. want some 'play' time with him. Scarecrow's outfit looks truly menacing as well, I do not want him showing up in my dreams.. BRRRRR.....

Hemingway

Ten hours into the game on one character, fifteen hours played total ... and I went and  made myself a new character: female mage.

Why?

Why not?

Wolfy

Get used to AoE spam. :p

I wish I had done that with my female mage. (Which was my first character)

I should have went with Elemental and Force mage right out of the start...So I could gather them all up with Pull of the Abyss them smack them with Fireball and Inferno.

Hemingway

I ended up putting points into, uh, that nature thing and entropy. I'm not a big fan of elemental.

I'm curious, though - blood magic an option as a specialization?

Wolfy

Hemingway

Sweet. Because, let me tell you, I've got an axe to grind with the templars. So to speak. A magical one. Just generally speaking. I mean, I didn't kill them all in DA:O, but only because I prefer diplomacy when possible.

Wolfy

I actually plan to go with a Reaver for my Warrior....as for her second specilization, I'm not sure if I want to go Templar or Berserker.

Hemingway

I went with Reaver on my warrior. I don't really care all that much for any of them, but Reavers are at least more original and somewhat darker than Berserkers. Templars ... well, I won't restate my previous point. I feel like putting points into Battlemaster, or whatever it's called, the one that seems to resemble that last specialization from DA:O ( Champion - which I always picked for my tank ), but I can never find the points. There's usually something else I sort of need.