I am Thou, Thou art I (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona. Interest Check)

Started by Wajin, October 13, 2013, 05:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wajin

They are born from humans, and carry with them human emotions, which are mostly negative. Strong-willed Shadows attract lesser Shadows, which later create stronger Shadows - A Shadow Self is a unique type of Shadow. Unlike the lesser Shadows, they appear as twisted mirror images of the person they represent, often with red or golden eyes. Despite embodying the repressed negative qualities of their human counterparts, Shadow Selves wish to kill their originals and take their place in the world” – Kirijo Group Achieve entry on Shadows, following Shadow Operatives operations in Inaba.

Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America

On the 22nd of October 2015 the offices of the Kirijo Group’s lab in Manhattan exploded due to an unknown invent inside. This even tore a hole in reality, merging the real world, with the world of the subconscious mind, letting Shadows into the Manhattan to wreak havoc. What quickly became apparent though, was the fact that the Shadows could only be seen by a select few people, university students at NYU. In response to this even, the Kirijo group sent the 10th Generation Anti-shadow Suppression Weapon, Infiltrator Model Fauchard to assimilate itself into the school. Here its objective was to locate and protect those students who could see the shadows till such a time that the Kirijo group could help them harness the powers of their Personas. For this purpose, Hiroshi as the weapon has been dubbed for this mission, stars a rumor about a gathering for people who could “See those weird things attacking the city”

The Kirijo group set up security for the event, to make sure that if a Shadow were to be attracted to the students due to their abilities, they would be safe. The Kirijo group, who had over the years shared their gathered information with law enforcement all around the world, had gotten permission by the FBI to set up a temporary headquarter to monitor the situation

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Major:[/b]
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]History[/b]
[b]Arcana:[/b]
[b]Persona:[/b]
[b]Appearance: (Picture or description)[/b]

So, for now I'll keep the available slot to one for every Arcana

0. Fool Arcana - Mikoto Summers - (FragarachZ)
I. Magician Arcana
II. Priestess Arcana
III. Empress Arcana
IV. Emperor Arcana
V. Hierophant Arcana
VI. Lovers Arcana
VII. Chariot Arcana
VIII. Justice Arcana
IX. Hermit Arcana
X. Fortune Arcana - Reserved for Codexa
XI. Strength Arcana
XII. Hanged Man Arcana - Solomon Quinn - (TheHangedMan)
XIII. Death Arcana - Hiroshi Kirijo - (A Japanese Dane)
XIV. Temperance Arcana
XV. Devil Arcana - Amy Dorrance - (Jefepato)
XVI. Tower Arcana - Reserved for BlackestKnight
XVII. Star Arcana - Edward Jensen - (Summoner 2184)
XVIII. Moon Arcana
XIX. Sun Arcana

We will start when we have 8 players, since getting 19 is sorta hard to get right off the bat. The initial plot will revolve around Hiroshi teaching the others how to draw out their Persona. Then the group will move on to figuring out how to deal with the Shadows that are wreaking havoc in New York
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Florence

I have a lot more interest in this than I do time to devote to it :I

In other words, very interested, because I love Persona, but... also not sure I'll have time for this rp, since I have other RPs I'm in, other things I need to do, and a couple of rp itches I really want to scratch.

So... yeah. Interested, just not sure if I'll be able to take part.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Wajin

Awesome :D Well, I'm doing a lot of stuff too, but figures it wouldn't hurt to just do an interest check
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

BlackestKnight

Wajin

TheHangedOne

Name: Solomon "Quinn" Quinn
Major: Philosophy
Personality A gregarious introvert, he can handle crowds fairly well, though his off-beat, some times grave, humor can be offputting. Well devoted to his studies. Typically hangs around with the artsy students, who tend to like his poetry.
History Solomon was never particularly fond of his first name, which is why he always introduces himself by his last name; he is quite thankful that said family name sounds like a first name.

He's always been a precocious child, devouring books with advanced subject matter with glee. Back in Massachusetts, where he grew up, he was sometimes bullied for being the weak-geek. He later grew out of this phase with a steady diet and exercise regimen that keeps him in good shape.

When he has the time to, he helps out at local shelters and the like. He doesn't work, instead relying on the stipend his well-off parents send him every month.
Arcana: The Hanged Man
Persona: Makami

Appearance: (Picture or description)

Okay, this is a work in progress. I have a question. Are we limited to picking Personas that have appeared in the games, or can we make our own?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Wajin

I'd prefer if you stay within the games, but I'll allow you to choose creatures that appeared in the other Megami Tensei games too

Wajin

TheHangedOne

Okay. Edited the sheet a bit. I'll likely flesh out his history later today.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Florence

Hrmmmm...

I want to... but... gaaah.

If I do join, I'd probably lean towards the Justice Arcana, probably Angel. Cause. Look at her.

That or Ame-no-Uzume of the Priestess Arcana.

Those were my two favorite demons when I played IMAGINE :>
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Wajin

Name: Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon, Infiltrator Model Fauchard; Hiroshi Kirijo
Major: Psychology
Personality Hiroshi is fiercely loyal to his friends and his employers, he prefers to be around as many people as possible to assimilate as much data as he can from the reactions of people. He loves arts and sport, being quite athletic due to his mechanical body. Hiroshi is quite an extrovert due to his eagerness to learn, he makes friends quite easily and will defend those friends to the death if he needs to.

History: Following the revelation of a new way of forcing out personas in people through the shadow realm in the midnight channel, the Kirijo group created an Infiltrator model of their Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon. This weapon they called Fauchard, but the Mitsuru Kirijo did more than that, she created a fake identity for it in the form of her long lost younger brother Hiroshi Kirijo. Hiroshi quickly obtained his persona, his Arcana being Death, and his persona being Thanatos.

Shortly there after Hiroshi was stationed in New York following the explosion at the Kirijo labs and the subsequent shadow outbreak.

Hiroshi was trained by Akihiko Sanada

Arcana: Death
Persona: Thanatos
Appearance: (Picture or description)

I'll expand later too, gotta go start making dinner for the family

still a work in progress

BlackestKnight

Name: David Osun
Major: Aerospace Engineering
Personality: Displays many of the personality characteristics commonly associated with that of the Tower Arcana. Arrogance(to a degree), pride, authoritarianism and haughtiness. He's not the type to openly vaunt how he feels in relation to others , but he does have shades of "smarter-than-thou" going on beneath his stoic frames. He means well intention speaking, he just doesn't have a whole lot of tolerance for points of views that aren't scientific in basis.

David is an intellectual sort who feels comfortable in dealing in algorithms rather than the supernatural. He is a firm non-faither to the extent that he self identifies as    agnostic with atheist leanings, he has particularly profound dislike of shamanistic religions such as voodoo, despite his Yoruba background. His friends and family would describe him as gifted but unusual.

As a youth he was introduced to overseas cartoons featuring big robots. This sparked his interest in science particularly robotic science and its applications. He is also an avid fan of mecha series and collect model mechs. It's his occupational hobby at the moment. He even runs a blog for mecha fans.

Arcana: Tower
Persona: Apollo- David's persona takes the form of a fighter mech jet hybrid.

Appearance: David is depicted as tall(6'2) moderately lean build man of Kenyan descent possessing a mild manner bookish appearance. He known to wear a military uniform consisting of a short-sleeved, double-brested uniform shirt with an emblem on the left sleeve and what appears to be a thick shoulder belt(that seems to have some sort of beaded decoration hanging from it,) knee-length shorts, knee-high socks, and dark gloves.

David in his alternate outfit

FragarachZ

Oh, this looks interesting! If you are still taking applications I'd be interested in joining :)

Name: Mikoto "Mike" Summers
Major: Literature
Personality: Easy-going due to excelling in his studies, but also quick to get bored and seek new challanges. He has a hard time committing himself to one task and often quits what he's doing after deciding he's good enough already. Because of this he has yet to finish university despite his age and intelligence, as he started but never finished several studies. When pressed about the issue he usually answers "It's all garbage anyway. I can become whatever I want to!"  He has a sister he is close to and would likely go to great lengths to protect her, even though she can be harsh with him at times. He also likes games of chance and gambling.
History: He comes from a high-class family, but has broken off contact after getting into an argument with his father, when he became a "ronin" not pursuing his studies nor getting a job immediately after graduating high school. Wanting to take it easy and hang around a while before committing himself, he wandered a bit before enrolling at the Uni, but would change majors several times before seemingly settling on literature. Not only with his studies, but with sports as well: he tried swimming, baseball, fencing, some martial arts, but would soon quit all of them after deciding for himself that he figured it out already. He is currently getting by on part-time jobs and tried his hand at writing short stories that vary as his mood does.
Arcana: The Fool
Persona: Susanoo
Appearance: (Picture or description) Coming from both American and Japanese parents, he is a handsome young man with average height and a thin build, dark eyes and shoulders-long black hair. He prefers to wear casual clothes and usually has an unbuttoned vest or coat over his shirt.
O&O

Codexa

Wajin

Any particular Arcana? If so, I can reserve it for you till you get a character sheet up :3

Codexa

summoner2183

Could you reserve one space for me... Star Arcana is my choice.

Jefepato

Okay, here goes for Devil.  (I'm not sure if this is overly dark or not, but I think she certainly fits her Arcana in both positive and negative senses.)

Also, if we're starting with the PCs learning to use their Personas, does that mean they don't need to have faced their personal Shadows (as in Persona 4)?  I guess this sounds more P3-style, where some people just have the "potential."

Name: Amy Dorrance
Major: Business (MBA, former B.S. in Economics)
Personality: Amy is basically a hedonist.  She's canny and does her best to keep pleasure from interfering with business, but given closed doors and half an excuse she's always eager to party -- in short, she's about as functional an addict as you'll ever meet.  She's also remarkably nice about it; she has a keen eye for people who've been drinking too much or can't handle hard drugs or just aren't in the right headspace for sex, and tends to gently steer them away.  She's likewise good at bringing people who can handle a good time out of their shells, although someone will inevitably say she's a bad influence.  Amy's family suspects she's not ruthless enough for the business world -- at heart she really isn't, but she's disturbingly good at compartmentalizing her life, as always.  Fighting Shadows will just be one more thing to juggle.  Easy, right?
History: Amy comes from old money (by American standards, anyway).  She's been in and out of trouble for most of her life, to the point where most people never realized she wasn't just coasting on daddy's wealth -- Amy would've made valedictorian in high school if she hadn't gotten suspended for a crucial week during senior year.  As the best and brightest of her generation, she's being groomed to take over the family's wealth someday, and she's learned surprisingly well despite her fondness for intoxicants both legal and non-.  She's always worked hard and played harder, and always somehow managed to keep her life balanced.  Whatever her faults, she's well-read, brilliant at finance, trilingual, and can beat most people at darts while drunk and high.
Arcana: Devil
Persona: Lilith
Appearance: Amy is a slender Caucasian girl, slightly on the tall side, with nut-brown hair and bright green eyes.  (She experiments with hairstyles every now and then, but long, loose, and wavy is her current favorite.)  She's quite pretty, and tends to dress to flatter her figure, but even her "casual" clothes are pretty damned expensive by any normal standards.

summoner2183

Name: Edward Jensen
Major: Natural Sciences
Personality Edward is always an upbeat, cheerful person that doesn't really know the meaning of giving up. Many people say that he is one that describes the true meaning of the ultimate, eternal optimist, though he doesn't really see it that way. He is quick to cheer up someone that is down and talk to them, encouraging them to do their best and listen to their problems. That earned him quite a clique of friends, though some joked to him that he would do better in Psychology and aim to be a counselor instead of working with rocks and animals and stuff. He likes to hike and take camping and diving trips anywhere he goes.

History Edward comes from a family that dabbles with the sciences... both his parents were naturalists, which in turn spurred his love for the great outdoors. He went on some camping trips with his parents, where they taught him a little about their profession and being a curious child, he was eager to learn. He sometimes also accompanies his parents on their trips, those that they think are not too dangerous for a child his age, and he learned much on the field, and once he went to university, he took up natural sciences because it is what he loved and all he knew... though he was thinking about whether he could get a minor degree in psychology, due to the comments of his friends made about him.

Arcana: Star
Persona: Saturnus
Appearance: (Picture or description) Edward has light brown hair that he always combs neatly. He always wears a cream colored jacket with a green or blue shirt as well as khaki pants with light brown shoes. He has an amber pendant around his neck.  His eyes are light green in color and is always clean shaven.

Silk

I would love to get involved in this but my scedules gonna be tight for the next week still

Wajin

Cool Silk, and I'm sorry to the rest of you, my laptop has been at the repair shop, so I haven't been able to get on as much