Resident Evil: After Life Coming Sept. 10th

Started by Marguerite, June 23, 2010, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

Quote from: Wolfy on June 25, 2010, 10:32:13 AM
SPOILERS.

Albert Wesker also died in Resident Evil 5, by being shot by not one, but TWO RPG's...WHILE IN A F*CKING VOLCANO. (And I don't mean standing on some piss-poor piece of land. The f*cker was actually IN THE DAMN LAVA and still alive!)

I stopped expecting logic from Japanese people and accepted their fiction as it is a very, very long time ago. :D
I'm not new. I just... lurk...

Wolfy

Quote from: Stan' on June 25, 2010, 10:37:37 AM
I've stopped liking Resident Evil games since Code: Veronica X.  The original three were fantastic, really takes me back.  The moment you discover that Wesker was working with Umbrella all along was mind-blowing, and he really should have died in the first one.  Well, he did.  Until they ret-conned it.  Either he was murdered by the Tyrant, or escaped to the self-destruct room and was killed by those Chimera-things.

Code: Veronica X was a transitional game, and when it started to get silly.  The fourth one was a really good game, but it wasn't the kind of Resident Evil I knew.  I wish they went back to Raccoon City, and got rid of these super-human characters.

Yes. Story was a good.

Gameplay, however, was not. So very, VERY not.

Leo

Quote from: Wolfy on June 25, 2010, 10:43:19 AM
Yes. Story was a good.

Gameplay, however, was not. So very, VERY not.

You mean up till 3/Veronica? Or after?

Wolfy

Resident Evil 4 and 5 had superb Gameplay.

The rest didn't.

Now if Only they could remake RE 1-3 with RE4's gameplay....

Avi

Quote from: Wolfy on June 25, 2010, 10:46:58 AM

Now that I would love to see.  It wouldn't be so hard, I think, and they *know* that there would be plenty of people who would scramble to get that version.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Leo

Quote from: Wolfy on June 25, 2010, 10:46:58 AM
Resident Evil 4 and 5 had superb Gameplay.

The rest didn't.

I won't skip facts for the sake of "defending my turf" as a fanboy... Yes, gameplay is awesome in 4 & 5, particularly 5. But each game is great in its own generation. 1st generation was full of games with crappy gameplay. Even Tomb Raider 4 (the legendary, evolutionary, epic Tomb Raider title, yes!) seems so simple in a bad way and unfriendly to the player now, after playing the latest tomb Raider games.

I sometimes run the emulator on my pc and play old PlayStation games, still got Resident Evil 2. After 5, it's a pain to play some parts of the game, but as I said, each was great in its own time. Think of it as fashion, developers give the community what majority favors at that time. Past few years, it's been action, action and more action. Horror and turn-based combat is almost completely dead.

Dunnuck

I have no hope for this movie. First Resident Evil was good...second was ok...third was ass. It got progressively worse...this movie might be terrible. Especially since it is filmed in 3D. 3D is becoming annoying...

Paladin

Quote from: Dunnuck on July 04, 2010, 09:54:54 AM
I have no hope for this movie. First Resident Evil was good...second was ok...third was ass. It got progressively worse...this movie might be terrible. Especially since it is filmed in 3D. 3D is becoming annoying...

Its also filmed in Regular man. Give it a chance.

darkangel76

Well, I personally cannot wait for this flick! It'll be the highlight of my September. XD

Paladin

Quote from: darkangel76 on July 04, 2010, 11:08:45 PM
Well, I personally cannot wait for this flick! It'll be the highlight of my September. XD

I don't expect THAT much out of it. For me that will be what comes out this week. (PREDATORS) but I still expect it to be rather good.

darkangel76

Quote from: Paladin on July 04, 2010, 11:15:22 PM
I don't expect THAT much out of it. For me that will be what comes out this week. (PREDATORS) but I still expect it to be rather good.

Unfortunately, I don't get out to the movies as much as I used to. So yes... it'll be my September highlight. lol. I expect it to be entertaining and that's all I ask for. :)

And I agree, Predators does look like it'll be rather good.

LIAR

Quote from: Marguerite on June 23, 2010, 06:07:37 PM
The franchise may have gotten off task somewhere, but I love horror movies and I want to see what Alice is up to now.

Yeah, they're way off track but these zombie-esque movies are a guilty pleasure and I'll be watching it =]

Leo

Marguerite

They have started to show the trailer on television now. I did not even realize Kim Coates from Sons of Anarchy is in it. Damn.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

chanellelynn

Ive been playing Resident evil since the first one came out and I must say, I unfortunately have not played Nemesis or Resident evil 5.
Im very used to the main characters such as Jill, Chris, Wesker, Leon, and Claire. Seeing more characters that this movie has produced really gave me a feel for how much diversity can go into this series. Im one of those Glass half full people so i never truely hate a movie, I still find the uniqueness of the Resident Evil Movie series quite fancinating. The only movie from all of them I tend to shy away from is the first, just because it confused me a lot when I was younger. Now that there are more I can connect them all in my head and truely see what they are saying.
Though , what I didnt like was the rumors that the new resident evil was going to be 3d like animation. When I heard that I prayed to God that it wasnt true. Now that Ive seen the trailers im wiping the sweat from my forehead .
Has anyone noticed like me that her hair changes in every movie? lol.

Leo

Quote from: chanellelynn on July 28, 2010, 01:38:59 PM
Has anyone noticed like me that her hair changes in every movie? lol.

It's the movies, characters are never the same. Only Chuck Norris is immune to change.

What really is funny, pointless and confusing is why Jill Valentine got a complete reboot in RE5... you should see it, it's a disgrace considering how pretty Jill Valentine was in the previous games. Between Sheva and Excella, she's a horrid creature...

Paladin

Quote from: Leo on July 28, 2010, 04:18:55 PM
It's the movies, characters are never the same. Only Chuck Norris is immune to change.

What really is funny, pointless and confusing is why Jill Valentine got a complete reboot in RE5... you should see it, it's a disgrace considering how pretty Jill Valentine was in the previous games. Between Sheva and Excella, she's a horrid creature...

Well thats your opinion my friend. I think she looks good now.

chanellelynn

I loved Jills outfit and look in nemesis, I just wish the actress didnt portray her as such a bitch. Sure, thats how it was written and that she is bitter to the fact Stars was framed for what happened the mansion but really, I loved the innocent nature she had before.
I do recognize she dearly cares for her friends and shows that compassion from time to time in the second movie.

Leo

Dunnuck

There is a 3D animation one its called Resident Evil: Degeneration.

And I personally dislike the second and third movie. They packed more and more bullshit as it went on. It's no longer "watch out, theres zombies! we may die!", now its "hey look! targets!". Its BS. Also how the characters from the game take a back seat to a new bullshit character made for the movies. the series is basically an homage to the game.

Leo

Well, as a person who's read LOTR books, I can say the movies are totaly crap on a story basis... But they are still great movies on a movie basis.

You can't make a movie out of a game without changing it. I admit it's gone through a complete reboot on its way to the big screen, but it's not all that crap... or so I think.

chanellelynn

It looks like they did a great job in a movie sense, gave the resident evil a whole new look and real world feel to it. I can see some of the rediculous behind it all but it still is a good movie series in the end.
I did appreciate how they decided to add in the game's characters and gave them a future and a destination in it as well. Sometimes you just have to know, what happened to them? Where did they go from here?

Silk

For the leon lovers in movies, don't you remeber the Anime rez evil movie: Degeneration, it was pretty much all Leon and claire

On topic I'm very much looking forward to this

Cythieus

I hope Chris punches some boulders loose somewhere.