(IC) Group Game - Sole Survivor

Started by eternaldarkness, December 15, 2016, 12:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

I'm a fan of the game Dead by Daylight, in which you take on the role of a supernatural killer or one of four survivors trying to escape said killer with their innards still inside, and playing it made me think: I love horror movies, slasher flicks, and roleplaying. So why not see if I could make a game around a similar premise?

To that end, i propose a fairly unique roleplaying experiment: Let us take on the roles of the Survivors and the Killers.

The setting in question is a world that runs on horror movie tropes, because it was crated by evil, remorseless dark gods who crave the blood and souls of mortals. Hence why supernatural killers exist all over the world. Well, in keeping with horror movie tropes every killer has one person who turns out to be their achilles' heel, their Final Girl or the one who finally had the stones to stand up to them - and win. The survivors of those killers' bloody rampages gain a handy benefit - they can wrest control of the killer from the dark god that created them and summon that killer up themselves, and in the process learn the horrifying secret of their world - the gods are slowly awakening, and each mortal soul they consume brings them a little bit closer. Now they are on the cusp of waking, and to save the world from a nasty end the player characters have to put a stop to the dark gods' plans by unleashing their killers on others who actively serve the gods while trying not to be savagely murdered themselves.

This, of course, means that we could have self-contained stories with a few characters at a time. Mystery, horror, sexytimes, and fun are all in the running here. Just be careful...you know how those slashers love to pop in on people who are getting it on.

For this, i'd want to try it with three players minimum - three survivors who would also create their killers. I'm looking for some good 'ol horror movie/slasher flick/videogame classics, here: Knife-wielding masked undead murderers, dream-hopping demons, possessed animatronics, or anything else your twisted minds can imagine. Don't neglect the survivors, either - they are the ones who give the killers context and are the personality of the duo.

If the idea catches fire, i wouldn't be opposed to some people having a trusted fellow Elliquiy player take on the role of their Killer, though that role is significantly harder to play as they tend not to be the chattiest individuals, and the Survivors are the main characters.

So...anyone interested?

Gateman

Wow, you'd think that more people would be interested in something like this. Count me in.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Gateman on December 15, 2016, 07:07:13 PM
Wow, you'd think that more people would be interested in something like this. Count me in.

That just means you get to be the first player getting all my attention! So, make me a Survivor and Killer with the following information:

Names: (of the survivor and his/her killer)
Description: (of both. Pictures are awesome if you have any you'd love to use)

Backstory: Tell me about your character and his killer, how they crossed paths (and how the killer was defeated).

Attributes and skills: Tell me about the things your survivor and his killer are good and BAD at. Include any supernatural powers and weaknesses your Killer has. Give me an idea how they operate.

Ritual: To call forth your Killer, your survivor has to perform a ritual of some kind (almost always creepy, gruesome and unpleasant). Describe it.

Notes: Anything else you want to tell me.