Romeo & Juliet - Montagues Win!

Started by Autumn Sativus, February 14, 2014, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruja

Listening to the other's bicker and curse, she was not sure of anything right now.The whiskey haired lady was at a loss. What was happening to them! Two half grown adolescents were tearing down the very walls of Verona with this star crossed madness. Their regent dead, the lord Capulet unmasked and executed, what would Friar Laurence do? Crossing over to the statue of Mary ensconced in niche by the door, the heavenly masked lady knelt before the statue,bowed her head in reverent prayer, silk wings quivering in the sunlight. Voice, a hushed whisper as she mulled over the options in her mind.With a sad sigh of resignation she rose and turned towards the accusers of Josietta and Valerian.

With a deep breath Rapt allowed her eyes to wander over the other masked party goers. "Izu" she said letting her eyes close.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(6)BeMi - Bly, Val, Remi, Ryv, MissE, Josi
(6)Josi - JM, Martee, BeMi, Deni, Sunshine, lis
(3)Izu - Leo, Rapt
(1)Deni - Elina
(1)Lisar - Izu
(1)MissE - Kerri
(1)Ryven - lis
Total: 17

I'd like if I could wrap this round up in the morning. :-)
Last call!
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

lisar

Lisar looked around at all the faces  There isn't much that I know.  But I am convinced of this.  I do not think that Izu has done anything wrong.  I am more suspicious of the quiet ones - like Ryven than I am of Izu!  I'm sorry to both of you - But particularly to you Izu, for accusing you wrongly.

Ryven, if you have anything that will convince me otherwise, you know where to find me.

Thanks,
Lisa

Kerri

Glancing around the room as everyone began stating their cases, Kerri was more confused than ever. All she wanted was for the senseless killing to end. "This feud has gone on far too long and at far too high a cost. When will we all see that we are all just people and that the fights our families once had are no longer important?" She shook her head disgusted by the events, the murders, the subsequent pointing of fingers and merciless judgments cast about here and there, and from what she could tell, all on conjecture and personal opinions. "With all that's going on here, I cannot in good faith keep pointing my finger at BeMi." She rested her forehead on the palms of her hands as she momentarily lost herself in thought, "I don't know who is guilty, but MistressEvelyn seems to have been acting suspiciously."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Beguile's Mistress

It still irked Beguile's Mistress that Blythe would vote against her but what with one thing and another she decided to go after Josietta insead.

Denivar

With a solemn look his face, a vote is cast for Josietta
"If you go to see the woman, do not forget the whip." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ons and Offs -- Roleplay Ideas -- Apologies, Absences, Excuses, that sort of thing

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

lisar

Lisar took a deep breath.  She had information that could not be ignored and only hoped that the people in her alliance would understand.  She closed her eyes and took another deep breath.
I am also changing my vote to Josie

Josietta

Josi turned with her mouth agape and stared at Lisar as though she had just driven a knife through her heart. Her brow furrowed and she turned to look at the others in her alliance. "I guess keeping someones word and worth is not enough sometimes. I had stuck up for you. I trusted you." She turned her back from lisar and looked away. "I made a vow to many of you and I have held true. I also said I would only  change my vote when it most mattered because vote changing often is usually indicative of guilt or someone manipulating you."  At those last words she looked back at lisar. Taking in a deep breath still in shock, she looked to Beguile's Mistress. "I hope you understand. I cannot allow the manipulations of others to affect the lives of myself or those I trust and who trust in me."

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Autumn Sativus

Final Votes
(6)BeMi - Bly, Val, Remi, Ryv, MissE, Josi
(6)Josi - JM, Martee, BeMi, Deni, Sunshine, lis
(3)Izu - Leo, Rapt
(1)Deni - Elina
(1)Lisar - Izu
(1)MissE - Kerri
(1)Ryven - lis
Total: 17

Unless there's any last minute changes, I believe the ball falls to our dear Rapt now.
Us against the world

Martee

Martee gasped and laughed bitterly at the vulgar display.  "Alliances? Good heavens - surely you mean allegiances - as in, our allegiance to our family's proud and noble House.. You cannot expect to manipulate good and pure Montague hearts into siding with you against their own flesh and blood..."

Smiling widely, she went on - "Oh, but what irony at your words of honor, as you turn on your own with nary the blink of an eye!  I guess there is no such thing as alliance, nor allegiance, in House Capulet."

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

lisar

She huffed at Josie and shook her head  I tried to trust you.  I tried to ask clarifying questions.  You did not find them worth of your breath.  That showed me exactly how much my alliance was worth to you, how much you 'trusted me' she scoffed

Bruja

The group was at an impasse and the lady in the angel costume felt obliged to hear the last cases of both of the accused. Motioning to a corner of the room, Rapt sat in a chair and looked at BeMi and Josi. "If you kind folks will give us a moment" (Slipping into a pm convo)

Bruja

After some discussion and consideration, the lady friar looked over the crowd, before motioning to the headsman. Standing she walked towards the lovely ones whose lives now hung in the balance. "It pains me to do this, my darling Josietta you have been too much the schemer for your own good this time around. If I make a mistake in this, then it will put the target on my back..." taking the lady's hand in her own, she bent in kissed the lovely one's wrist before stepping back and motioning to the guards. "Take her away..."

With a heavy heart Rapt sat back down in the chair and folded her hands, raising her face back to the crowd and certain that her decision would reveal more of House Capulet.

Autumn Sativus

A glooming peace this evening with it brings;
The moon, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.

The final vote was cast by Friar Rapt, poor Juliet to take her turn at execution. T'was a story doomed for tragedy from the beginning but with tearful eyes she must say goodbye to her dearest Romeo. All they'd wanted was to leave their families pasts behind to be together, but fate would not have it. A grave cringing of the crowd as Josietta is no more, one voice so desperate and pained among the rest.

Ah, dear Juliet,
Why art thou yet so fair? Shall I believe
That unsubstantial death is amorous,
And that the lean abhorrèd monster keeps
Thee here in dark to be his paramour?

For fear of that, I still will stay with thee,
And never from this palace of dim night
Depart again. Here, here will I remain
With worms that are thy chamber maids. Oh, here
Will I set up my everlasting rest,
And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars
From this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last.
Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, O you
The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
A dateless bargain to engrossing death.

Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide.
Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on
The dashing rocks thy seasick, weary bark.
Here’s to my love! O true apothecary,
Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die.

Dear Romeo simply would not live without his beloved. He could not. Perhaps this would be what it would take for this fued to end... both of these young lovers to die and show that there is more than what has been the war of the past. It was Valerian who stood from the watching crowd to join beloved Juliet in death, surely at least now they could be together forever.

A sad outcome for both the Capulet and the Montague family. Could it mean they would all be safe this evening? Might some peace finally be found? One way or another, they would find out come morning.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Seal up the mouth of outrage for a while,
Till we can clear these ambiguities
And know their spring, their head, their true descent,
And then will I be general of your woes,
And lead you even to death. Meantime forbear,
And let mischance be slave to patience.
Bring forth the parties of suspicion.

The sun brought with a rather miraculous event for the morning. Still tragic yes, though leading to the safety of the greater numbers. It was not a Montague they found dead this morning, but fair Lady Capulet who lay strewn on the floor and blue in color. Poor Beguile's Mistress did seem to know she wasn't long for this world. Still, they knew she couldn't be the last of them. Perhaps this was their chance to get a slight advantage on the Capulets.

Please casts your votes for the remaining Capulet in bold.
Us against the world

Blythe

Blythe frowns. He genuinely has no idea who the remaining Capulet is, and he is hesitant to select someone who might be an innocent. While unwilling to accidentally pick someone innocent and accuse them, he knows that someone must speak up. Perhaps he will be able to think things through a bit more as others discuss the guilty party, and he twirls a wineglass, saying, "A shot in the dark. Perhaps Izu is guilty?" He grumbles, decidedly unhappy with himself.

Remiel

Remiel shakes his head.  "I think the time has come to out Rapt as our last Capulet.  It has come to my attention that she is mounting a campaign against me, as I am doing against her.    The difference is that I am innocent.  Anyone who cares to check can see that I voted for Capulets on both nights--I was, in fact, the crucial swing vote against ThatRPGuy the first night, and I voted for Beguile's Mistress the second. 

"I cannot say for sure that she is guilty, but I do know that she never voted once for RPGuy, BeMi, or Josietta--only eliminating Josietta once she was forced to pick between Capulets.

"Rapt, I was reluctant to publicly out you, as you were one of those I approached with my offer of mutual non-aggression, but then I realized that you never actually agreed to it.

"Your words were, I believe, 'And what, pray tell is in it for me? Other than keeping my head?How do I know you will keep your promise and not offer up the same to every other lady that crosses your path? I would need more reassurances than that...after all..when one has the swing vote....you never know how the ax will fall.  :-* ' "

"Thus, since you never actually agreed to my offer, I do not feel any loss of honor in naming you."

Blythe

Blythe, hoarding secret letters and now armed with exceedingly important information, announces, "I have every single reason to believe Remiel is innocent, and I am willing to trust his judgement. I shall cast my suspicions to Rapt now."

Elina

Elina peered at Rapt and took a breath.  "I've said it before, and I will say it again.  I do believe that there is something rather suspicious about the lady.  I too shall cast my vote as the others have."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(6)Rapt - Remi, Bly, Elina, JM, Sunshine, Ryv
(1)Blythe - Rapt

Yet to Vote
Denivar
Izu
Kerri
Leorobin
Lisar
Martee
MistressEvelyn
Us against the world

Bruja

The lady friar shook her head at her accusers. "It is true I have suspected Remiel from the outset, but when one approaches every person with the same offer, how could one not be suspicious. Ask yourselves my dear friends, who has approached you and who has not. I did indeed vote for people not known the be Capulets, because I did not know if they be Capulets or not.Mostly it was gut feeling and luck of the draw. The unfortunate decision between Beguiles and Josietta was more for the sake of the group, as Beguiles had already outed herself and the lovers were certain to get us all killed."she stood and walked around the room looking at every person level in the eye.

" And now I shall out myself. I am a humble Montague, who has been elected to the position of final decision maker when we as a group come to an impasse.I have no reason to lie. I have asked questions about my suspicions to the person's present. And if you think that makes me your enemy, then cast your vote for my head. Either way, I am certain that my mask having been removed will put me in the line of fire, whether it be by the headman's ax or the dagger of a Capulet. But be warned, should I fall and you must re-elect, you leave your fates into the hands of an enemy, for the Capulet is still at large." having returned to her chair Lady Rapt sat down calmly and placed her hands folded in her lap.

"As for my vote and suspicions, Blythe you make yourself a target of mine and not for the first time" her steel colored eyes narrowed on the gent, not entirely certain of his innocence.

James Moriarty

This is a remarkably difficult position for our family, and I desperately fear we know too little.

But it does not sit well with me that you ask me to vote one way, Rapt, and then vote another yourself.  With a heavy heart, I can only guess that Rapt may be our enemy.

SunshineSparkle

She turns her attention to Rapt and makes no effort to hide her suspicions.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Ryven