Temple of Luminescence (High lvl Pathfinder Recruitment)

Started by indarkestknight, October 08, 2018, 05:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 11:23:17 AM
I am okay with ‘evil with a plan’ not with ‘cause I’m evil!’

Seen more the later than the former. Played LE swashbuckler, kept his word, was generous to the community but ultimately planned on destroying Zhentil Keep, burning it to the ground and salting the soil after

Not sure the fighter will help, looks like we got enough melee..

"Because I'm evil? What do you mean? There is no evil in my deeds.
Is it evil of you to use a chair to sit upon it? Certainly not. It is that chairs purpose to support your weight, infact a chair that is not sat upon is a waste of dead wood, rotting away.
All around me, there are people, wasting their lives away, just like empty chairs, with their own feeble, foolish dreams and aspirations, unguided towards a higher purpose.
There is no evil in using people as I see fit. Infact, not using them, not allowing them to, however brief, be immortalized in their assistance to my ascend to glory, that.. That would be truly evil! They have this one chance in their miserable existances to support my grand designs.. it is truly regrettable that most lack the insight to seize the opportunity immediatly."

--- Yeah I think I can do the character. But .. ahem. yes. One ranged combat apt companion would be beneficial, my character is specialized in honorable walk up to them and challenge the most impressive looking one kinda combat.. Though as Shogun-Samurai I can fall back on secondary support options were that is unviable. (Like give people save-rerolls and move actions)

Also, as Zaer said, we can be any alignment in the group, evil came up because evil would be quite reasonably motivated of woring along with good here without backstabbing until the campaign is sucessful, anyway.
I only picked evil as challenge after Chula's disapproval of evil characters, that kinda attitude just makes me want to rp the crap out of a concept, prove folks wrong. :P
QuoteI think I could edit this character forever and never be done

Know that feel.

QuoteWe need a tankish type and a proper wizard type, I think.

We have a tank. Ask Zaer who played against a character somewhat like the one I made now in my Rebels of Eulevir campaign, my characters do not go down easily. I plan Sun to go full out 'Is that your best' when hit by an attack of below 20 damage. *chuckles*

QuoteMake what you’d have fun playing.

*cheers* For what it's worth unless bullied the tank intends to stick around.

Callie Del Noire

Leaning towards something based in a fusion of my favorite pathfinder society wizards.  A Venture Captain meddling where she’s not wanted

Zaer Darkwail

My char albeit bard caster is not nuke nor healing much. He can do support and has the bardic healing which asks him 4 rounds doing nothing. But he is social monster in regards bluff and bullshit (he can talk outrageous unbelievable lies only with -10 penalty, which is almost negated by his class feature alone and he can take 20 on bluff checks if he so desires). He can do bardic music support (inspire courage, inspire greatness etc) and his shadow spells allow some flexibility for his kit.

But his role is not dmg and crowd control depends on has target protection from evil on or not (or high will saves). Overall his role is sort gambit and bit personal survival. Ofc his roles can be enhanced depending on custom harp he's having.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2018, 06:10:46 PM
My char albeit bard caster is not nuke nor healing much. He can do support and has the bardic healing which asks him 4 rounds doing nothing. But he is social monster in regards bluff and bullshit (he can talk outrageous unbelievable lies only with -10 penalty, which is almost negated by his class feature alone and he can take 20 on bluff checks if he so desires).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F74mBRjwTc

My character purpose is, in order: Be charismatic evil, shake off hits below 50 damage and threaten Katana crits if ignored, be honorable yet evil to confuse the fluff outta folks *nodnods*

Zaer Darkwail

That's video not about diplomacy but bluff usage, but point given it's some extend possible pull bullshit lies like that :P. Ofc by judgement of the GM.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
So don't make a wizard?

I wasn't planning on it, actually.  ;D Maybe a psychic or a sorcerer, but not a Wizard.

At level 15 though, builds can diverge massively. We could all be wizards and still have a really diverse party  ;D

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 15, 2018, 08:36:10 PM
At level 15 though, builds can diverge massively. We could all be wizards and still have a really diverse party  ;D
True.

Personally, if I was building a lvl 15 wizard I might be too lazy to write out all the spells. Just grab heighten spell, anything that would be invited to spell specializations birthday party and find myself ways to kill things with one spell only.
Perhaps Grease.
Play as Grease Meister, wizard of the grease spell. Replace custom magic item with a custom spell at DM's permission, use it to give your grease some damage potential at your discretion, go to town.
Then, one of the DM's endbosses is a very coarse metal-dragon...

Chulanowa

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 15, 2018, 08:41:03 PM
True.

Personally, if I was building a lvl 15 wizard I might be too lazy to write out all the spells. Just grab heighten spell, anything that would be invited to spell specializations birthday party and find myself ways to kill things with one spell only.
Perhaps Grease.
Play as Grease Meister, wizard of the grease spell. Replace custom magic item with a custom spell at DM's permission, use it to give your grease some damage potential at your discretion, go to town.
Then, one of the DM's endbosses is a very coarse metal-dragon...

His Robe of the Archmage takes the appearance of a polyester leisure suit, and he uses way too much hair product. ("Just let you Sooooul Gloooo! Just let it shine throuuuugh!")

Hunter

It's helpful to know who can do what, as my character can only selective out five targets people when channeling.   If someone in the party can shrug off that kind of hit, so much the better.     And yes, he can produce low level curatives given a day or two.

Callie Del Noire

What I got so far, aside from being a pathfinder venture captain I don’t have much for backstory yet

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

(Wizard)
Female human evoker (admixture[APG]) 15 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 143)
NG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +19
Aura elemental manipulation (30 ft.)
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 21 (+5 armor, +3 deflection, +2 Dex, +3 natural)
hp 85 (15d6+23)
Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +13
DR 2/bludgeoning
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks intense spells (+7 damage)
Evoker Spells Prepared (CL 15th; concentration +24)
   Opposition Schools Enchantment, Illusion
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 28, Wis 12, Cha 11
Base Atk +7; CMB +8; CMD 23
Feats Empower Spell, Extend Spell, Flexible Wizardry[ACG], Improved Familiar, Improved Flexible Wizardry[ACG], Quicken Spell, Scribe Scroll, Silent Spell, Spell Mastery, Spell Mastery, Spell Mastery, Spell Mastery, Still Spell
Traits pragmatic activator, seeker
Skills Acrobatics +17, Appraise +14, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +6, Escape Artist +17, Fly +15, Knowledge (arcana) +27, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +16, Knowledge (engineering) +16, Knowledge (geography) +16, Knowledge (history) +16, Knowledge (local) +16, Knowledge (nature) +16, Knowledge (nobility) +16, Knowledge (planes) +22, Knowledge (religion) +16, Linguistics +26, Perception +19, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +27, Stealth +3, Swim +2, Use Magic Device +24
Languages Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Ignan, Infernal, Kelish, Orc, Osiriani, Polyglot, Shoanti, Skald, Sylvan, Terran, Thassilonian, Tien, Varisian
SQ arcane bond (Arcane Familiar, house drake), versatile evocation
Other Gear +4 burdenless comfort glamered sunsilk silken ceremonial armor[UC], amulet of natural armor +3, headband of vast intelligence +6, ring of protection +3, ring of resistance +3, 105,050 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Admixture Associated School: Evocation
Damage Reduction (2/bludgeoning) You have Damage Reduction against all except Bludgeoning attacks.
Deliver Touch Spells Through Familiar (Su) Your familiar can deliver touch spells for you.
Elemental Manipulation (15 rounds/day) (Su) 30' Aura changes a chosen energy type into another chosen energy type.
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Empower Spell Numeric effects of a spell are increased 50%. +2 Levels.
Enchantment You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Enchantment school.
Extend Spell Spell duration lasts twice as normal. +1 Level.
Familiar Bonus:  You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Flexible Wizardry Flexibly prepare 13 slots, partially preparing 2 spells. Finalize spell as standard.
Illusion You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Illusion school.
Intense Spells (+7 damage) (Su) Evocation spells deal listed extra damage.
Quicken Spell Cast a spell as a swift action. +4 Levels.
Scry on Familiar (1/day) (Sp) You can scry on your familiar, as the spell.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Silent Spell Cast a spell with no verbal components. +1 Level.
Speak with Familiar (Ex) You can communicate verbally with your familiar.
Spell Mastery x4 (-See Notes, 36 Spells -) You can prepare the chosen spells without a spellbook.
Still Spell You can cast a spell with no somatic components. +1 Level.
Versatile Evocation (12/day) (Su) Change the damage type and descriptor of a spell from acid, electricity, fire, or water to any other of those types.
--------------------
Permanent Spells

Spell Mastery: 36

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2018, 03:20:33 PM
As tip if go sorcerer then first question is do you go dragon disciple or not (make sort a gish) or go pure sorcerer. If pure check then bloodlines (and do you go wildblooded or even dual/cross blooded to get two bloodlines). At 15th level most late game bloodline powers are active and strong. Devils what I remember favor summoner type sorcerer build while abyssal favors sorcerer who wants go tear faces off (and draconic ones then favor certain elemental spells and such).

So choosing bloodline is critical. Alternatively can go hybrid; mystic theurge with sorcerer and then oracle (and pick bloodline which turns casting stat to wisdom what I remember). Also if want play elf sorceress there is sage bloodline (meaning using int instead charisma for casting stat). Just giving hint where to look how build the char and then decide what feats, spells and such you get :)

<States is making a kitsune sorceress.>
<Receives advice on how to go mystic theurge/oracle and elf.>

Fae-blooded kitsune sorceress, thank you for your input.
My current O/os (need work)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 15, 2018, 10:20:08 PM

Might want to check out 9 tailed heir in the Blood of the Beast book if you’re into the magical tail abilities..built a 9 tail fighter (archer) for PFS once

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 15, 2018, 10:20:08 PM

*face desk*

Sorry! I missed that! Ok, in kitsunes you can take racial (3th party) which allows pick magical tail feats in place of usual bloodline feats (would be thematic for kitsune sorceress having 9 tails and most tails granted spell-alikes are pretty good and fit fae theme). Nine-Tailed Inheritor replaces natural weapons but gives magical tail as bonus feat in 1st level and then allows take magical tails as class granted feats (but it specifically mentions in same level you cannot take this feat twice).

Fey Sorcery racial replaces kitsune magic (3th party stuff, GM needs approve) and it's keyed specifically for fey bloodline sorcerer, it gives +1 CL on bloodline spells/powers and same bonus to save DC's. However kitsune magic also fits as it increases enchantment bonus and fey blooded sorcerer uses enchantment/nature styled magic a lot (and kitsune favored class bonus increases DC of those spells).

Anyways suggestion is to take eldricth heritage feats than crossblood. It would allow tap something useful from another bloodline in powers wise (arcana is good as in taking improved eldricth heritage you can add 3 spells to your casting list and school power from greater would stack pretty well on any other bonuses added to enchantment or any other magic school you like to use). Also Arcane Bond is nice thing to get even with a feat.

Now, in wildblood you got options for fey blooded; Dark Fey and Sylvan.

Dark Fey fits for neutral or more 'darker' kitsune seductress who curses her victims (or those who cross her) and sylvan is useful for animal companion (just take boon companion feat negate the level difference with druid). Fey Magic though is pretty good as 15th level spell resistance is quite common. But then again able transform to one size smaller and able to fly can have utility purposes :).

In metamagic wise spell focus enchantment unlocks some nice choices; Verdant Spells (affect plants) and Coaxing Spell (affect vermin and oozes with mind-affecting spells). But perhaps best one for kitsune theme is Trick Spell (asks chaotic neutral alignment and revering/worship deity of lust, revenge and trickery). It allows make people falling to your enchantments to trip themselves (employ dirty trick maneuvers and if yourself have those feats can apply them on foes). Works on single target enchantments though.

But basic metamagic choice for most save or suck spells is Persistent Spell (forcing target roll twice against same spell).

Roleplay Frog

QuoteIt's helpful to know who can do what, as my character can only selective out five targets people when channeling.   If someone in the party can shrug off that kind of hit, so much the better.     And yes, he can produce low level curatives given a day or two.

I am hesitant about sharing too many details, mostly because it feels metagamey. That said, this adventure was, presumambly, written for a party that already knows one another, so cliffnotes is:

Samurai

I designed him to be incredibly tough by using Unconquerable Resolve and suspect that any damage enough to kill him without a chance to articulate he's in trouble would be enough to wipe the party.
While limited use daily, Unconquerable Resolve gives you a temporary hp buffer equal to the toughness feat.. each time you use the Samurai Resolve and stacking with itself, so if you see Sun hit for like 30 damage after he challenged someone to combat, don't bother.. that damage likely didn't even cut through his extra hp.

For other common Tank-issues, like being controlled or stat-drained.. the drain is a decent enough problem, but usually it has fort to resist, which A)Triggers Resolve if I want it to and B) would run against a 25 fort save wall, so I feel like I'm good there.
Final issue, being controlled, I grabbed Unimpeachable Honor for that one, so a controlled Prince Sun attacks you for -4, with a 1d8+3 damage, 2d8+6 on a crit, you can just ignore him and wait for a resave, though I feel his will combined with a Resolve-reroll and Honor in All Things from the Samurai Warrior path make him decently resistant there too.

Overall, unless you see Sun taking 70+ Damage a turn, focus on assisting higher damage output characters primarly and ignore him, even if he's as much on the frontline as possible, he'll tell you the same IC. OFC his Resolve ability is limited, especiallyt he most powerful uses... but so are your channels. :P

QuoteMagical fox booty?

Zaer usually has a pretty good idea on what do, namely, I'd consider dual heritage with either dark fey with some debuff-options, or, if you go sylvan and notice you are swimming in feats, pumping your companion. Keep in mind that at lvl 15 you'd have a lvl 12 animal companion, that's nothing to sneeze at for some of the options. If it fits the rp, always grab a companion.

And you know, if the rp doesn't fit, you can make it fit. Want to be a Kitsune bodyguard? Grab Monstrous beast companion, have your character stand back while your magical beast does all the talking. Winter wolf disapproves of the sun mages plan.

I do want to note that there's little point on grabbing something like Verdant spell,.. I mean.. I guess there could be a bunch of plants that want lotsa nourishment from the sun, but I don't think it's a big commer upper, same for vermin. You want a blanket immunity trump or a campaign that very proclaimedly focuses on X, for example if you go Curse of Strahd in Ravenloft undead-affecting feats would make sense.. er.. pathfinder Ravenloft? Anywhooo.

Zaer Darkwail

I know both Verdant and Coaxing metamagic feats are far fetches, but just informing what is available just taking feat what you plan to take anyways (which is spell focus [enchantment]). Verdant may be far fetch but GM may decide throw plants at us as plants love sunlight or such :P.

But overall going full enchantment means taking spell focus and boosting will saves high and able deal spell resistance issue (plus deal immunities which two metamagic feats do, bigger is possibly protection from XXX spells). Dual heritage would allow cherry pick between two heritages so going dark fey (wildblood option) and then sylvan or fey bloodline would allow most versatility.

But also going other options besides enchantments (like necromancy dipping for curse stuff for debufs) is good as it gives more tools deal with problems. One reasons I went for shadow magic focus is able pick and choose my toolkit/box when needed given encounter. Overall though char is otherwise social focus and not meant 'go stab stuff' unless it's RP or him fill his deific obligation to fuck and spill pint amount of blood (to keep his class features).

indarkestknight

Still here to run this, and very heartened to see all the interest. Been spending the past few days in charsheet audit mode.

A friend from out of town will be visiting for the next few days, so I may be scarce on E, but I should return to regular activity Tuesday evening/Wednesday. By Wednesday evening PST, I would like interested parties to have submitted something. Both character backstory and charsheet would be preferable, but if you can only swing one, that's better than nothing.

Roleplay Frog

10/10 attentive charsheet auditing, would submit again.

Ixy

Bezi is updated again.  I think it's all kosher.  Thank you again for being so thorough in your review of the character the first time through.

I don't want to be too... er... meta-gamey on this... but it's a mobility-built magus with a couple whallop spells per day, and god help you if you're weak against ice or lightning.  More importantly, her personality is wacky but not zany... I hope to portray her as a little creepy, a little alien, and a little sexy without being boring or trite in any of those particular regards.  Will she work with the party?  Absolutely.  Will she tolerate slave-hunting or mob-killing or puppy torture?  Try it and see.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Ixy on October 19, 2018, 11:36:24 PM
Will she tolerate slave-hunting or mob-killing or puppy torture?  Try it and see.

Don't torture puppies. Use puppies to torture people with. *dramatic poses*

Hunter

Quote from: Ixy on October 19, 2018, 11:36:24 PM
Bezi is updated again.  I think it's all kosher.  Thank you again for being so thorough in your review of the character the first time through.

I've updated my character as per directed.    Not sure if I'll have to replace some of his feats as he's intended as a channeler/crafter build.

Chanticleer

I'm afraid that I will need to drop out of this.

Hope you all have a wonderful time!
My current O/os (need work)

indarkestknight

Very sorry to hear that, Chanticleer.

Anyone else who's interested, please get me something, a charsheet, a background, anything by this time tomorrow. At that point, I'll be doing another sweep on the submitted characters.

Zaer Darkwail

My charsheet/char is almost fully posted, just need finish the harp (PM'ed some questions about it).

Roleplay Frog

Hunter

I think that I'm also going to withdraw, I don't feel my character is going to be a good fit for the game.

Sorry for the fuss.