Fairytales Reborn

Started by Bekah Boo, April 15, 2018, 12:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bekah Boo

Fairytales Reborn

~With every chapter in one's life there is always a beginning,

For some however such is not so easily obtained as the sands of time have eroded truth to waste away,

But there is always truth to be found one must simply know where to look.

And this my friends is the book of many beginnings, of true beginnings almost too impossible to believe,

The truth within these pages are of that which has been stolen away, but the truth no matter how buried eventually comes to the surface,

You just simply have to open it's pages to believe is all. ~

Story Synopsis:

For many fairy tales were simply stories and cautionary tales to keep children both entertained and in line that apart from friction they were nothing but a world of fantasy to ebb away the encroaching dead pan reality of mundane life,simply nothing but fancy words and stories of lands far more fantastic to be believed. Yet the world itself is filed with many unknown parallels that are often hidden behind the glimmer many would never think twice of, worlds beyond human rationalization that open opening said doors allows creatures of fantasy to blend in and roam free.

Our story begins with odd happenings that many consider to simply be just that; merely queer instances that many disregard such as claims of supernatural creatures being the blame of crimes, or sightings of famed beasts thought to be nothing but stories. In reality however an dark force has surfaced to bridge the worlds of lost to take over the mortal realm, that upon finding the first door allowed the darkness to begin to spread as more and more of the strange happenings began to plague the world. The first came in the form of a series of environmental disasters that even now continue to ruin the lands with monstrous monsoons and thunderous earthquakes, no nation spared as the reeking havoc was dismissed as merely the environmental impact society had brought the world to.  Yet along with the cataclysmic devastation of rapidly growing mother nature's fury came a being whom knew the truth of it all, and with his help he could put an end to it, but naturally would need help.

In this story we will focus on the man's efforts to try and reclaim the lost fairy tales scattered through the world, each one possessing a key element to help banish the evil forces from the world and at long last lock the door between the worlds to end the suffering all together. With his guide he will seek out seemingly ordinary humans and reveal their true selves that had been cast away from the lands they once knew, their memories wiped and yet over time will begin to reclaim them as well as realize just who is behind all the madness that is plaguing their world, as well as return to that which they only thought to be simply stories.

All fairy tales are free to be claimed in this story with the exception of Rapunzel (as I have a bit of a plan for her), as their origins and tales themselves can be altered to how one sees fit, so long as it is within reason. Just as well I am open to the possibility of supernatural origins as well for those who feel inclined, as there are many doors which allows many different types to be included in this story, so do send me a message if this is an angle you wish to take. In the beginning all characters will have no knowledge of what is going on as only the man whom seeks them is able to relay information as to the truth of what is going on, that while characters may have dreams of their actual selves they will have no recollection of the events that brought them to this world or even why.

General Rules:

So because I am apparently an glutton for self punishment I decided on another group idea I've had tinkering in the back of my head for a while, as I have only one other group story and it's going fairly well. By no means am I an expert yet, though I figured I would give another one a chance. That being said, I will not tolerate drama.The first little snippet of it I will not hesitate to kick people out. In the past I've seen drama completely tear a story apart, so please for the sake of common decency just try to be respectful to others okay? If there are any issues don't hesitate to message me and I will clear up the matter quickly.

As far as posting length I want to maintain at least 3 to 4 paragraphs if not longer as my normal rules apply to this as well; no one liners and god moding. I want to create a story full of emotion and depth, so posts should be detailed and be much more than sheer reaction if it can be helped. Any OOC chatter will be in it's own thread that I will set up as the main thread is nothing but IC posts.

I live in South Carolina so my time zone may vary compared to others, that being said I tend to post in the later afternoon going to the wee hours of the morning as I tend to not sleep all that well. Some posts may need to be paused in order to get into a routine though that doesn't mean we skip over due to an inactive partner. There may be posts that can further explain your own until we can move the story along, but try and be courteous to others given we are all in different time zones. That said as well I at least want one post a week from all players, nothing too extreme but any inactivity longer than an week unless stated will result in a character being taken out in some form.

As always all are welcome so don't be shy, as well as if anyone has anything to add do message me as I don't bite too hard ;3
This story in particular would more so focus on characters growing and developing as they begin to find their true heritage, that it will be more plot orientated than smut.Not to say smut is discouraged but know it is not the main focus here, in the future there may be a separate thread for scenes sexual in nature if there is enough want for such.

If interested please message me with the sheet as well as any other questions you may have. If accepted I will message privately, so do not bother me on the matter. This is merely an interest check for the time being as if there is enough serious players involved I will be making the other threads such as the OOC and IC in due time. Along with the character sheet I will require a sample post, to narrow the decision. I am aware that having a certain word number and sample posts may seem a bit much but I have had issues in the past complicate things so I am cracking down on those who wish to join, that if I feel they are not a good fit I will politely tell them so. If I offend anyone I do not mean such, simply it has come to this and I have no other way around it.
Please list in this sort of format:

[image height=350]Your image here![/img]
[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Fairytale name:[/b]From what story did they come from? If using a mixture or adaptation do let me know with more info
[b]Name:[/b] Modern Name of course
[b]Age:[/b] Keep ages above 18
[b]Sex:[/b] Can be gender bent if people prefer
[b]Orientation:[/b] Note any orientation is accepted
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Character details:[/b]A rough summary/ distinguishing traits/ etc
[b]Personality:[/b] For their modern version as well as fairy tale, it is perfectly acceptable for modern versions to have certain ticks their fairy tale version may have; Red Riding Hood taking to the color red, Ariel wanting to be close to the water, etc
[b]History:[/b] Modern history of what their life was like

As well as character sheets, if there are any questions feel free to ask them here and I will answer as best as I can. Thank you and all be well.
Please message me all Character sheets, as I don't want to clutter up the interest check. Questions and such can be posted here however so don't be shy ;3

Bekah Boo

Still in the early stages of recruitment~
I am expanding the definition of tales as well to any sort of myth or legend as well, so long as it has some sort of story element (Passed down through word of mouth and what not) it may be accepted.
So monsters or mythical creatures may apply although it must have a good tale behind it.

Bekah Boo

Giving this one more boost before pulling the plug, so testing out purely for interest at the moment.

LamentingQuill

I'd be down to play Snow White, my favorite fairytale lady.

Sirian Eve

I would love to play Alice or Gretel. I'll have to do some research. Very nice idea. :)

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Bekah Boo

If we get just a few more people interested then I will start accepting applications, so for the time being just hold tight.

BlueEyedBard

Is be interested in Robin Hood.
If you want me, Bekah ^•^
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Bekah Boo

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on June 05, 2018, 05:35:26 PM
Is be interested in Robin Hood.
If you want me, Bekah ^•^

Of course!
You're always welcomed deary ;3

Bekah Boo

I'm waiting for at least one more person to be interested before letting everyone send in Character sheets, so far every other character is open with the firm exceptions of:

Rapunzel
Snow White
Robin Hood