News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

MCU AVENGERS RPG

Started by VoluptuousVixen, January 03, 2018, 02:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Green Goo Theory on January 11, 2018, 12:22:15 PM
Girlfriend came over last night so I didn't get a chance to finish the character sheet.  That said, I'd normally be fine picking up a female character as needed.  The problem with the MCU is that there isn't a whole lot of overlap between female characters that I both like enough to play and feel comfortable playing and getting right.

XD I'm the same way, so I understand completely what you are talking about. That's why I set up with an OC, I wish I could do a Canon - but there are too few I both know/like enough to try to do them justice.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 11, 2018, 12:23:16 PM
XD I'm the same way, so I understand completely what you are talking about. That's why I set up with an OC, I wish I could do a Canon - but there are too few I both know/like enough to try to do them justice.

All of my customs can be made female if the need arises.  Several of them have already been female whether through an intentional switch or accidental genderbending IC.  That's not a problem for me.  I just figured that canon characters would've been preferred. 
Coming soon...

Val Arden

Quote from: Mathim on January 10, 2018, 10:17:45 PM
I don't think there could be a better way to go about it under the circumstances, since going just in the direction of either by itself wouldn't really work in the MCU as it's put together so far. I'm glad we have some leeway for characters that either wouldn't fit or that could have been handled better like Iron Fist. Is there a reason why the symbiote is so similar to Spider-Man or is it just a coincidence here? Or is it made from Parker's blood like in the Ultimate comics?
I thought about  Parker's blood origin, as Peter hadn't his black suit episode in MCU and coincidence look to me quite naive. Of course there is still small problem how US government got his blood sample, accidentally in some fight Peter was wounded and army were able to extract it, maybe? I'm not that from biology so I have no idea if it's even possible or it looks totally like magic. (But I guess event if it's not possible in our world, we talk about world where there are X-men, super-soldier serum, aliens, Norse gods... ;))

Cal1496

Iron Man
Group Affiliation: Avengers
Height: 5'11
Weight: 210lb
Arch-Enemies: Sobriety

Powers: Genius, billionaire, generally the sexiest man in the room.
Skills: In its most basic terms, Iron Man is a suit of armour allowing Mr. Stark to not only fly but physically match a great deal of mutant, inhuman and alien targets.  He created this weapon himself and is continually modifying it to face the range of different threats the Avengers encounter.  His genius level intellect and multi-billion dollar company makes him an asset to the Avengers Initiative and he is one of the founding members.

Bio: Born to a multi - billionaire alcoholic himself, Tony grew up in a life of privilege.  After gaining multiple PhD's at a very young age he went to work for his father's company and inherited it when his parents were killed in a car crash. He later found out they were actually murdered, more on that later.

Tony built the Starke Empire buy selling weapons to the US and other Allied states. He was betrayed by his then partner and left to die in the desert, so he got inventive and built the first Iron Man suit.

After returning to the states he greatly improved on it, got revenge and has continued to do so over various adventures.  Some which have left him deeper scars than his imprisonment, and others which have brought him his closest friends and companions.

Mathim

Quote from: Val Arden on January 13, 2018, 10:15:23 AM
I thought about  Parker's blood origin, as Peter hadn't his black suit episode in MCU and coincidence look to me quite naive. Of course there is still small problem how US government got his blood sample, accidentally in some fight Peter was wounded and army were able to extract it, maybe? I'm not that from biology so I have no idea if it's even possible or it looks totally like magic. (But I guess event if it's not possible in our world, we talk about world where there are X-men, super-soldier serum, aliens, Norse gods... ;))

I suppose they could have reverse-engineered the human/spider DNA mix without needing Parker's particular DNA once they see Spider-Man swinging around and go, "Hey, one of those spiders we were experimenting on must have gotten loose and bit someone and look how awesome that turned out, let's see what else we can make of it."
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

What are your thoughts Mathim? IF you want you can pm me! I think I decided to be Luke Cage!

katgrimm

Gamora
Group Affiliation: Guardians of the Galaxy
Arch-Enemies: Thanos, anyone Rocket or Quill piss off
Nickname: The deadliest woman in the whole galaxy

Powers: 
Gamora received treatments from Thanos that enhanced her speed, strength, agility, and durability. Gamora is cybernetically enhanced to have superhuman strength, speed, and a rapid-healing ability.

Skills:
Thanos also helped her become a formidable hand-to-hand combatant, trained in the martial-arts techniques from various planets, in the uses of the known weaponry of the Milky Way Galaxy, and stealth techniques. She is also a highly-skilled gymnast and assassin, and formerly possessed a telepathic link to Thanos. She uses a wide variety of weaponry, most notably a dagger whose unknown properties made it capable of slaying even beings of such immense power as Thanos and the Magus.

Bio:
Gamora is the last of her species, the Zen-Whoberis, who were exterminated by Ronan. Thanos found her as a child and decided to use her as a weapon. Gamora was raised and trained by Thanos to be one of his assassins. Thanos showed her little kindness during her childhood, but Gamora was very loyal to the man who promised her the opportunity to avenge the death of her family. Gamora became very proficient in martial arts, earning the nickname "The deadliest woman in the whole galaxy". When she was a teenager, Thanos took her on a trip to Tartoonla. Where Gamora disobeyed Thanos's orders, and due to this, came into conflict with a group of thugs. She was greatly outnumbered, and despite her skills, she was defeated and then raped by the assailants. Thanos found her half dead, and in turn, murdered all of her assailants and restored her to health, cybernetically enhancing her to superhuman levels.

Gamora rebels against him again when she learned of his deal with Ronan the Accuser to destroy planet Xandar in return for the Kree giving him an orb. Attempting to claim the orb to sell it to the Collector so she can get as far as she can from her adopted father, Gamora allies with the other Guardians to escape prison. But after Ronan claims the orb, revealed to contain an Infinity Stone, Gamora decides to fight alongside the Guardians to reclaim it and stop Ronan despite the odds against them, stating that, after living among enemies for years, she would be glad to die beside friends. After saving Xandar, Gamora was cleared of her previous crimes.

While travelling with Peter it is revealed by Mantis that Quill is in love with Gamora, but Gamora declines Peter's initial efforts to discuss their feelings. After the confrontation with Nebula forces Gamora to face her own conflicting feelings about her relationship with her sister, followed by Peter almost dying in the battle against Ego, Gamora gives him a tentative hint that she reciprocates his feelings while seeing the strange family they have created.

Gamora’s Social Web:
•Nebula - Love hate relationship, sibling rivalry at its finest
•Peter Quill - Attracted too but find him annoying
•Rocket Raccoon - Friend, trusts him to help with her cybernetics and does the same for him
•Groot - Motherly nurturing
•Drax - Friend
•Mantis - Friend, will break her if she touches me
Muses welcome; currently in the thick of mastering my Hope Van Dyne-Pym, Natasha Romanov, Felicia Hardy, Lois Lane, Kara Zoe-El and Barbara Gordon.

Mathim

Let me cobble together my Star-Lord profile then...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Cal1496

Not if I post mine first!

*rushes away to copy and paste Star Lord profile from other RP and adapt*

Ha, kidding :P

If I take another 'main' I'm gunna shoot myself lol

katgrimm

Lol! You two are hilarious.. I think I can take on one more female but I’m trying to think which one would be best? I want to even the teams out at least. 
Muses welcome; currently in the thick of mastering my Hope Van Dyne-Pym, Natasha Romanov, Felicia Hardy, Lois Lane, Kara Zoe-El and Barbara Gordon.

katgrimm

Black Cat
Group Affiliation:None
Arch-Enemies: The itsy bitsy spider , on occasion
Nickname: Party Hardy

Powers: 
* Probability manipulation (Good luck/Bad Luck, are you feeling lucky?)
* Ability to see in various ranges of the electromagnetic spectrum via contact lenses

Skills:
* Expert burglar
* Skilled martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant
* Skilled gymnast
* Utilizes bullwhips, sharp retractable claws, and spring-loaded climbing pitons

Bio:
Felicia Hardy was born in Queens, New York. Her father Walter pretended to be a traveling salesman but was a world-renowned cat burglar who, before his arrest, encouraged her to never settle for second best.

After suffering a traumatic experience as a high school freshman and hating the idea of being a victim, she trained herself in various fighting styles and acrobatics then after decides to follow in her father's footsteps, adopted the costumed identity of the Black Cat.

As Black Cat, she has the subconscious ability to affect probability fields, producing "bad luck" for her enemies.

Felicia’s Social Web:
•Peter Parker- Classmate
•Spider-Man - Love interest who has yet to see how my way is better

Mathim

Quote from: katgrimm on January 14, 2018, 06:51:32 PM
Lol! You two are hilarious.. I think I can take on one more female but I’m trying to think which one would be best? I want to even the teams out at least.

Well, I was going to suggest She-Hulk, but too little, too late.

Also, where did her luck manipulating powers come from? Is she an Inhuman?

Norsegod1839

I stole her for a Peter Parker romance!

But She hulk should definetly make an appearance!

Gannameade

I am getting help with Cavalry and as soon as he is finished I will put him up.  Thanks.

katgrimm

Quote from: Mathim on January 14, 2018, 09:53:14 PM
Well, I was going to suggest She-Hulk, but too little, too late.

Also, where did her luck manipulating powers come from? Is she an Inhuman?

She got them from a test serum her father stole at least that was in the animated 90s series

Norsegod1839

I forget what it is in the actual comic books but I do know she has always had them more or less?

katgrimm

What if it was a mutant gene that only got amplified by the serum?

Norsegod1839

Making her a mutant works for me *shrugs*

Mathim

My understanding was she went to Europe and got those powers with some kind of 'procedure'. I imagine it was something like what gave Cloak and Dagger their powers (i.e. something supernatural and secretly evil). And I thought we weren't using mutants since they're not in the MCU?

Anyway, heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Danny!

The Immortal Iron Fist

Group Affiliation: Defenders, Heroes for Hire

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 185 lbs

Arch-Enemies: The Hand

Nickname: Rich Boy

Powers: 
Danny has undergone training with the monks of K'un L'un and learned the art of manipulating Chi, the natural energy within all living things. It can be used to heal severe wounds on both himself and others to a limited extent, as well as fighting the effects of poison. There is a limited capacity to how much Chi can be expended within a given amount of time and requires time to recharge, as well as a focused mind to wield it.

Combat-wise, his Chi is uniquely capable of turning his hands into a conduit of spiritual strength and energy, giving true meaning to the title 'Iron Fist'. Not only do his fists become impervious to all but the most lethal of weapons and damage, but they also empower his punches far beyond that of even the most peak-human warrior's, able to blow a metal door off its hinges and take part of the brick wall it's mounted on with it. Combined with his mastery of martial arts and he is a combatant that should leave any normal human opponent helpless against him.

Skills:
Danny learned many zen skills during his time in K'un L'un, such as meditation and several martial arts including Kung Fu and Tai Chi. He also learned Mandarin Chinese as a second language.

He has the resources of his family's company the Rand Corporation at his disposal and access to any technological developments they come up with. He is also a shrewd negotiator and strategist, having taken control of his company back despite formidable opposition.

Bio:
Danny was the son of a wealthy couple that owned a major corporation, though he had a mixed relationship with the two children of his parents' best friends and corporate partners, the Meachums; the daughter, Joyce, was a good friend, but the son, Ward, was a bully.
Unbeknownst to Danny, the Meachum parents were in collusion with the Hand, an evil ninja-like organization, and they assassinated Danny's parents on a flight over Asia that caused the plane they and young Danny were on to crash in the Himalayan mountains. Danny survived the crash but nearly perished in the snow until he was discovered at the gateway to one of the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven, K'un L'un, by some of the monks there during the brief time every ten years that the city was accessible to Earth.
Danny was allowed to live there in K'un L'un, though he was considered an outsider because he was the only Caucasian there and did not know their ways. He was taken under the wing of the leader of K'un L'un, Lei King the Thunderer, master of Chi. Seeing the wonders Lei Kung could perform using his devastatingly powerful Chi, Danny was eager to be trained in the martial arts and was motivated to outperform the other students to prove that he wasn't an unworthy outsider. The ultimate test of this came when the trial to name the next Iron Fist came about. With little else to his name as far as accomplishments, Danny took the trial, and against everyone's expectations, succeeded in gaining the power which is granted to only one person in a generation; those who could prove their worth by defeating the dying-and-resurrecting dragon, Shao-Lao. In a deathmatch with this beast, Danny's training to strengthen his hands in preparation for this trial gave him the power necessary to punch through Shao-Lao's chest and into its heart, whereupon its blood blessed his hands with the mystical power of the Iron Fist, and making Danny the sixteenth person to carry this title.

The responsibility that came with this power, however, was not fully understood by Danny, and he found himself thrust into yet another battle he would have to spend the rest of his life fighting. He learned of the Hand, a group of K'un L'un founders who chose to selfishly pursue immortality rather than using Chi as a means of helping others and maintaining peace. Protecting K'un L'un from these fiends was the greatest duty of the Iron Fist, but Danny decided not to spend his time standing guard in K'un L'un, and instead take the fight to the Hand, by returning to the world he was from, reclaiming his birthright as the head of the Rand Corporation, and with maximum resources and influence, locate the Hand and destroy them before they got near K'un L'un or had a chance to cause trouble anywhere else.

Things backfired, however, and taking back his company from his childhood 'friends' cost him any chance of salvaging a relationship with them. He met an ally and girlfriend Colleen Wing, a former Hand student who turned away from them after becoming disillusioned with their wicked ways. She helped him avoid becoming captured by the Hand, who wished to use his power to serve their own purposes. While successful in thwarting them initially, Danny returned to K'un L'un for guidance only to find it wiped out by an army of assassins from the Hand. Continuing his pursuit of the Hand, he learned the reason they needed his Iron Fist ability: to gain access to a deeply buried and mystically protected dragon skeleton that they could have used to prolong their lives further. With the help of some new friends, the Defenders, Danny foiled the plan and the leaders of the Hand were all slain, though he believed one of his new allies, the one known as Daredevil, also sacrificed his life in the effort. Taking up the mantle in honor of his fallen friend, Danny patrols the streets at night to battle crime and send a message to criminals, that they were not immune to retribution for their actions if they sought to harm others.

Danny's new friend and ally, Luke Cage, having come from an entirely different background and being initially antagonistic toward Danny's extreme white privilege, inspired Danny to do more for the poorer communities, and established Heroes for Hire, a legitimate organization that, while on paper sounded like simple private security, was more of a neighborhood mercenary service for those who needed justice where none was to be found. Luke, Colleen, Misty, and anyone else who Danny knew and trusted to uphold what was right, were all either on-call or full-time agents of Heroes for Hire. Danny, to protect his identity, donned a costume and mask like Matt had done, so his connection to Rand Corporation would remain secure.

Relationships:
Comrades in Arms: Jessica Jones, Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Claire Temple, Stick
Girlfriend: Colleen Wing

Norsegod1839

I don't recall! We can make it that vague though *shrugs*

Looks good Mathim! I will get Luke up tomorrow!

katgrimm

Magical cursed artifact? Honestly comic wise I’m not sure how she got it. In the animated It was supposed to be a variation of the super solider serum but it seemed more mystical than that..

Mathim

Quote from: katgrimm on January 14, 2018, 10:23:10 PM
Magical cursed artifact? Honestly comic wise I’m not sure how she got it. In the animated It was supposed to be a variation of the super solider serum but it seemed more mystical than that..

That animated version was the best IMO, but that version didn't have her with bad luck powers. That said, I'm okay with an 0-8-4 having given her the power, or even something that originated from Kamar-Taj or one of the Sanctums.

katgrimm

A sanctum while on holiday?

Mathim

??? I don't get it.

Star-Lord

Group Affiliation: Ravagers, Guardians of the Galaxy
Height: 5'10"

Weight: 230 lbs

Arch-Enemies: Thanos

Nickname: Boy, Punk, Star-Prince

Powers: 
Peter's heritage as half-Celestial was all but lost when his father Ego was destroyed, but there may still linger in him the light that had once empowered him to battle his father in a duel like that of Superman vs. Zod. Like Thor's supercharged thunder powers, Quill's might emerge only in the more dire of circumstances.

Otherwise, Quill's powers come from his various gadgets, firearms and mask.

Skills:
Quill's upbringing among Yondu's thugs toughened him up and taught him a great deal of practical skills for an adventurer. Shooting, throwing, use of various technologies to fight, hide or escape, and piloting spaceships. He is also a talented dancer with a great sense of rhythm.

Bio:
Stolen from Earth the moment his mother passed away from a brain tumor, Peter was raised from the time he was 8 years old by the Ravagers, an unscrupulous gang of mercenaries and ne'er do wells, with this particular chapter headed by outcast Yondu Udonta. All the while, Quill found himself being kept in line with threats of cannibalism and regular beatings to 'make a man out of him'. He didn't realize until more recently that the reason he was picked up, to deliver him to his real father, was not carried out because Yondu actually cared about him; but he was instead always told that it was because his small frame was merely 'good for thieving'. He did pick up quite a few skills and soon became a Ravager in his own right, with his own ship, the Milano. Becoming a typical horny teenager well into his twenties and thirties, Quill had no direction in life until he happened upon a tip to pick up a particular bauble from an obscure planet that had been home to a long-extinct civilization. That got him on the radar of Ronan the Accuser, a psychotic Kree religious fanatic obsessed with obliterating Xandar  for its long-standing war with the Kree homeworld.

Getting in a scrap with the people who would become the Guardians of the Galaxy, Quill was imprisoned by the Nova Corps on Xandar and made an alliance with his fellow inmates to escape and sell the orb he found to the Collector. The orb turns out to have contained an Infinity Stone, capable of wiping out all life on a planet. Keeping it out of Ronan's hands was no easy task and they soon failed, but rather than running away, he and the Guardians bravely came to aid Xandar in stopping Ronan. Distracting the madman with a completely unexpected song and dance ruse, the stone fell into Quill's hands and, with the support of his fellow Guardians, Ronan was obliterated and the Guardians were established, their criminal records wiped clean.

Quill's father soon appeared after this event, revealing himself to be Ego, the Living Planet. Quill, being half-Celestial due to this, learned of his inheritance of an incredible power. His friends were mistrustful of Ego, however, and soon learned of Ego's plan, to absorb all worlds once the power of a second Celestial manifested, which Peter enabled. Learning of Ego's responsibility in causing his mother's death, Peter turned on him and, with the aid of his surrogate father Yondu, eradicated Ego at his core, though it cost Yondu his life. With many enemies still out for their blood, Quill and the Guardians continue to roam the universe looking to do a bit of good, a bit of bad, but mostly a bit of both.

Relationships:
Love Interest: Gamora
Teammates: Drax, Groot, Rocket, Mantis
Allies: Nova Corps, Kraglin, Ravagers
Enemies: The Sovereign, Thanos

BlackStone

Black Cat received her powers through the Kingpin who utilized the same experimental procedure which created the Scorpion and the Fly.  The specific power set was picked as a mater of revenge by Fisk for a robbery Hardy did against him, a bad luck field causing ill luck for those closest to her.  It caused her to end her relationship with Spiderman after putting him in lethal danger.   She eventually manages control over them.  Up till that point she had the illusion of powers by staging her crime scenes and using them against security or police.  She sought out real powers after being badly hurt assisting Spiderman.   It is believed a variation of Darkforce extra dimensional energy was used on her to give her the bad luck powers.

Shrugs.

Up till Silk and Spider Gwen, she was always my fav.