Original Superheroes. Freeform with system influence (CLOSED)

Started by NileGoddess, July 07, 2011, 02:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

I guess I should make a couple of notes:

I wanted to create a character that totally got the shaft in the superhuman powers roulette.  His parents are both omega-level superhuman superheroes.  His siblings all have superhuman powers (gravity control, psychokinesis, super-strength, flight, etc.).  Michael got enhanced vision.  The conflict between himself and his family is complicated:  Michael resents his family.  His family's over-protective attitude towards him further isolates him from them.  He had to train in secret because they were very clear that he wasn't 'cut out for this line of work.'  Michael went so far as to keep his identity as Kid Arrow secret, though that exploded in his face magnificently when his sister fell in love with Kid Arrow.

He relies on a lot of technology, but I'm not really sure how that's reflected in the stats.  I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to detail his equipment-- or if it even matters.

I like playing a weaker character in a superhero setting.  I like the (Dick Grayson) Batmans and the Hawkeyes.  I would like for his inclusion into the Order to be somewhat based on his father's assumption that someone in the Order will keep an eye out on his kid.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

NileGoddess

We might be able to work it in somehow, say if his equipment gets damaged, he'd suffer a negative bonus accordingly. Just a thought.

jayline

I've been really interested in picking up a system rp for a while. I'm not sure which stat best represents charisma, but I guessed perception, also figured it'd work for his power requiring detailed knowledge.

Dossier on Door

Alignment:League
Profession:FBI Special Agent
Strengths:

• Gating
  • Superhuman reflexes
Weaknesses:

• Ordinary physical attributes
  • Limited scope
Suspected Origin:Landon is a stranger to this world, a member of an ancient and scarce of dimensional interlopers who live in the space between worlds. While others of his race used their gifts to culture peace and sentient life, Door leapt from world to world, exploiting the inhabitants to suit his needs. He was eventually caught and cast into this dimension, which was then sealed from the outside. After adjusting to life in one dimension, he assumed the name Landon Porter and attached himself to the first super power he could find, the US government. He rose through the ranks of the FBI through use of scheming and his gating ability, eventually coming in contact with the league and offering his services as an informant and problem solver, squelching numerous investigations into the league's activity from within the Bureau itself. In exchange he hopes to acquire the means to break the seal on this dimension and exact revenge on his jailors.
Power Description:Door can no longer move through dimensions, but he still has the ability to open up portals to anywhere in the universe, the limit being that portals to places outside his line of sight require concentration on detail, either on a picture of the place, or a memory of having been there, which is why his journeys in this universe have been limited to Earth. Large portals are also difficult, requiring him to focus on and log further information. His native land, the warped space between worlds, is at best chaotic, and at worse lethal. As such, Door is the product of eons of the quick breeding with the quicker and has superb reflexes.
Role in Order/League:Door is many things, informant, agent, cleaner, and executioner. His involvement in decision making within the group is limited to assessing risks and supplying intelligence on police activity. He's usually at work in the field, silencing witnesses, obscuring evidence, procuring resources, and removing caped obstacles.

Attributes

Strength: 0Speed: 4Intellect: 2
Endurance: 0Agility: 5Perception: 5

Dirigible

Ah, crap, a teleporter. I hate it when villains have a Get Out Of Jail (And Into Fort Knox) Free Card  :D

NG's opinion obviously outweighs mine here, but I would suspect Intellect would be a better match for 'charisma'; it's the active mental attribute.

jayline

Quote from: Dirigible on July 13, 2011, 06:19:50 PM
Ah, crap, a teleporter. I hate it when villains have a Get Out Of Jail (And Into Fort Knox) Free Card  :D

NG's opinion obviously outweighs mine here, but I would suspect Intellect would be a better match for 'charisma'; it's the active mental attribute.

Yeah, here's hoping I make the cut.

NileGoddess

Jayline, he looks fine as far as I can tell. Not sure how we will incorporate his ability, but as long as we find some way balanced, it should be alright. The game is mostly free form anyway, so we'll have to focus on the dice system. Go ahead and post him in the character thread, and don't forget to check in at the OOC.

jayline

: D Thanks! Do you agree with dirigible about the stats thing, oh sacred GM?

NileGoddess

I'd rather not have anyone change their stats, and honestly, with such a simple system, the name of the trait isn't going to matter much. Also, we're likely going to have to do some tweaking with it once we get underway.

Isengrad

Dossier on Seraphim

Alignment:Order
Profession:Park Ranger
Strengths:

• Natural Flight
  • Tactile Matter manipulation
Weaknesses:

• Claustrophobia
  • Stigmata
Suspected Origin:His mutation occurred during his adolescence(around high school), Psychological trauma from that time frame contributed to his claustrophobia.
Power Description:Gabriel's body is adapted to be able to withstand the rigors of natural flight(including Hollow bone structure, adaptation to high velocity and high altitudes, refined metabolism to keep body fit and trim) and his wings posses a flexible structure that allows him to hide them under loose fitting garments.On touch Gabriel can alter the Physical property of matter. This power is taxing and large amounts of inorganic material (or small amounts of organic) cause a stigmata effect, causing him to bleed from his scalp eyes and from under his fingernails.Due to the nature of his primary mutation and psychological trauma suffered as a child, Gabriel suffers from a moderate to severe case of claustrophobia. In tight spaces he can be rendered a nervous wreck, making it all but impossible to utilize his secondary mutation. 
Role in Order/League:One of the founding members, Seraphims abilities lend well to a support role in combat. healing others when need be and altering the landscape in times of need.

Attributes

Strength:1 Speed:4 Intellect:2
Endurance:2 Agility:4 Perception:3

Comments

I hope i did everything right. Please let me know if anything needs to be fixed or rearranged.I also saw that you currently have 5 heroes(counting me, if im accepted) and only two villains.If you would rather I submit a villain I have a concept in mind for that as well.

On another note, I have an alternative power in mind if you don't like the matter manipulation. Solid light armaments.   

edited for brevity.

original artwork by karabiner

Kevben Battleheart

Dossier on Cannonball

Alignment:Order
Profession:To learn a bit about the humans and why they are still divided instead of working together.
Strengths:

• Superhuman strength and endurance
  • Pyrokinesis
Weaknesses:

• Dangerously cold temperatures
  • Extremely volatile temper
Suspected Origin:His ability to control and use fire is both an inherited gift from his parents and an ability that most, not all, of his race can use. The ability must first be apparent in both parents for the offspring to inherit the gift, and even then its possible that the power might be inert. Also the subject must work at unlocking the gift as it tends to use the subjects only body heat to manifest itself in the first place.

His strength and endurance come from both his suit that he wears, hiding his body from most humans save those he trusts, and the training regiment he went through that would have broken a lesser man, performing acts such as climbing mountains daily, training himself in all forms of combat (although Earth's will be new to him and will make him slightly curious). The suit helps with his strength by using built-in servo's that assist in lifting, throwing and just about every activity that Shas'ler would do.
Power Description:Shas-ler's powers are based on two factors: the environment that currently surrounds him and his own emotions. The stronger his emotions became, the deadlier (and more out of control) his powers become until he turns into something similar to the viking berserker. The environment is another factor to his power. The hotter the better, but should the temperature become cold, as in cold enough to freeze water or worse, his ability with fire starts to worsen and he starts to slow down due to the fact that the suit he wears wasn't meant to operate in cold climates, only warm to tropical and, if he had to, for a short while in lava as well.
Role in Order/League:Shas-ler is what would be called the wrecking crew of the team. You have a building, fortification or just about anything that needs torn down or broken into with force, merely get Shas-ler upset and he'll go storming in till the job is done.

Attributes

Power: 6Speed: 0Intellect: 3
Endurance: 5Agility: 0Perception: 2
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

NileGoddess

Isengrad, if you would like to submit a villain, please feel free. We are a little stacked on the hero side, but I don't want to prevent people from playing the side they want to. While you decide, I will look over your character.

Isengrad

thank you, ill work up my villain concept in the mean time

NileGoddess

Isengrad, your character is approved, but I'd like you to trim the power description a little bit. If you can get it to a paragraph, that'd be great, but just try to go short and sweet.

Also, any further thoughts on what side you want to play?

Isengrad

I will try to trim the powers desc down on him. If we get more villains before we start I would love to go with Seraphim but if need be I just got the concept for The Incubus in my mind, I know how I want to design him and will be presenting him soon after editing Seraphim... in the end, I will go where i am needed.

Isengrad

Dossier on The Incubus

Profession:Exotic night club owner
Strengths:

• Demonic pact
  • Sexual Vampirism
Weaknesses:

• Holy power
  • Sexual dependency
Suspected Origin:Using a black magic summoning ritual, Nathan summoned a Incubus from the depths of hell and forged with it a pact. That was 300 years ago.
Power Description:The Pact with The Incubus gave Nathaniel a Variety of magical abilities. Using his powers he can give power and substance to his words, making them feel life smooth velvet over the skin.. or actually drawing blood with a cutting remark, or take hold of a persons mind with subtle whispers.Able to Inflame a persons libido, tearing down their inhibitions and bending them to his lustful machinations, he uses this to feed upon the sexual energy of those around him and has been able to prolong his life through such feedings. However the Demonic taint upon his soul has left him with other weaknesses,  Holy symbols presented by the truly devout can keep him at bay, and such symbols pressed to his flesh will burn if left their long enough(evident by his scar). Dependent on the sexual energy he takes from others during his regular feedings, if cut off from such after about a week to two weeks he would begin to age rapidly.. however a single feeding is all it takes to restore his body to its youthful appearance.
Role in Order/League:He's more of their indirect fighter, smart cunning and horribly seductive to both sex's (he delights in using his powers to coerce straight men into his bed) He can secure the minds of groups and individuals alike, causing the very people the order is trying to protect to turn against them.

Attributes

Strength:0Speed:3 Intellect:5
Endurance: 1Agility:2 Perception:5

comments

And may I present The Incubus, a seducer of metaphysical power. This would be the guy used to brainwash a captured superhero.

NileGoddess

He looks good Isengrad, but keep in mind people's preferences. You mentioned his joy of snaring straight men, but that can only occur if it's within the realm of ons for the other player.

Isengrad

oh will do, Before anything I always check with my partner... its just a personality quirk.. more to be used with npc's rather then the heroes.

looks like were going to need a big bruiser or two on the villain side as well. .. were stacked up on intellect and a teleporter

swordwind

Dossier on Villain Synapse

Profession:Electrical/Biological Science Engineer
Strengths:

• Electrical Awareness
  • Electrical Discharge
Weaknesses:

• Mass conductors (Bodies of Water, Metal Wiring)
  • Overcharge
Suspected Origin:(Created due to the over zealous workings of a corporate organization. Synapse was formed when the melding of bio-engineered nerve tissue and the human brains electrical impulses. Creating a freak accident that increased poor Dr Telemnar mental facilities to the breaking point.
Power Description:Electrical Awareness: Having created a new form of human awareness Synapse can feel electrical impulses that are around him. From simple bodily functions commanding ones arm to move to thunder storms forming.
Electrical Discharge: Knowing how the body commands the nerves through electrical currents Synapse can command his overcharged brain and body to direct electrical attacks at objects.
Mass Conductors: Synapse has the ability to direct his attacks as a weapon but electrical currents, upon leaving the body, go as they please when given an alternate path. Thus conductors of electrical nature that can contain the surge of power from Synapse remain unharmed.
Overcharge: With his body continuing to emit high levels of electrical energy Synapse has to monitor his body so it will not shut down from over exhaustion. Thus if Synapse goes long periods of time without expending his electrical build up his body has the chance of dieing.     
Role in League:Mastermind. Synapse is a thinker and a planner. Always aware of the thinks going on around him he works to get the Order into a position of weakness and get rid of them once and for all.

Attributes

Strength:0 Speed:2 Intellect:5
Endurance:0 Agility:2 Perception:7

NileGoddess

Sword, could you elaborate what you mean as Mastermind for your character?

swordwind

Grand planner? Preparer of evil deeds? A thinker behind the screens?

NileGoddess

Well, The League already has a leader. Maybe something like a scientist would be more fitting?

esclavage

Adding in my character concept to the mix.  It'll be my first group game so I'm elated and nervous at the same time.

Dossier on Glamorous

Profession:Chemist/Part-Time Hooters Waitress on Weekends
Strengths:

• Incredible Strength
  • Meta-Human Endurance
Weaknesses:

• Extravagant Spending Habits
  • Klutz of Epic Proportions
Suspected Origin:An accident at the respected chemical developer, Sigma-Aldrich, while working overtime in the laboratory for a clandestine operation involving a bubbling beaker of Formula X, some brand-new Jimmy Choo heels, and a damnable crack in the floor tiling that ground maintenance had promised to fix over two months ago.  Though displaying no long-term side-effects and keeping quiet about it since Sigma-Aldrich added an extra zero on her paystub every month, Nicole noticed that she had become ridiculously strong.  The first sign of this was in her new-found ability to pry off those troublesome lids to various vacuum-sealed goods by only using her thumb.
Power Description:She's strong.  Really strong.  The last man to tell her, "You hit like a girl", is still in a full body cast after she flicked him on the forehead and sent him hurtling through a concrete wall.
Role in League:Nicole is the League's muscle.   While she doesn't look that intimidating at 5'6", being able to rip the hinges off a titanium-reinforced safe at a major banking corporation with nothing more than shoving your right hand against it does wonders for your reputation.   She is the go-to-girl in any operation, willing to take on an extra job for a bigger paycheck, and almost perfect for the job--being both strong and expendable.

Attributes

Strength: 8Speed: 0Intellect: 2
Endurance: 4Agility: 0Perception: 2

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

swordwind

Scientist would work just fine. Just need to know if I'm good or not.

NileGoddess

I think he looks good. Post your character sheet in the character thread, and check in at the OOC (both links located on first post of Interest Check). We've just started our first story thread, so please review the contents of the OOC's first post for details, and ask any questions you might have.

Also, still taking applications for both sides, to anyone who is still interested!