Caravanserai [Events]

Started by Flower, July 27, 2018, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

Name: Brandon Murphy
Date | Time: June 6th, evening
Wearing: Simple attire
Tagging: Katrina, open

Brandon nodded as Katrina gave him a name. "I'm not sure if I'm an Extraordinary Gentleman, but I like the name." He chuckled while pondering options for different names from Katrina.

"Hmmm...the name I bestow upon you is Blanc Noir." He smiled broadly. "It is French for White Black - your impeccable choice for a costume this evening.

Steffy

Steffy Danielle Dubois, Adventurer
Date | Time: Evening of the Masquerade Ball
Wearing: Red Gown
Tagging: Lalita Cheema, open

Lalita has my hand in hers when applause is called for.  But Lalita lets go of my hand and offers hers.  I smile at her, applaud the group and then take her hand.

From my amused questioning she offers me a serious opportunity to ‘read’.  “Well that turns the table on me, doesn’t it?”   I nod, turning serious.  “Okay.  I’ll give this a serious effort.”

I close my eyes and run the tip of my finger along her palm.  Is this how it’s done?  Don’t know.  I hold her hand and place the palm of my other hand on hers. 

What’s coming to mind?  Hmm.  I open my eyes.  “Maybe nothing.  But here’s what popped into my mind.  A camel.  A water urn.  Sun—hot sun.  And a veil . . . for you. . . very pure . . . but I can’t say what color or anything.”

I shrug, “Might be the remnants of my day.  Yes? No? Maybe?”

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy, aka Blanc Noir, with a secret identity
Date | Time: June 6th, a bit after 6 pm with her gin and tonic
Wearing: This ensemble and mask and Secret Identity!
Tagging: Ee Gee (Brandon Murphy aka Extraordinary Gentleman), Open
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

… smile ... I know what blanc noir means ... rest my hand on his arm …

  "Lovely! I will be BN to your EG."

… the band starts up ... squeeze his arm ... sip of my drink and set it down …

  "Please EG, please take me out on the dance floor! I'd be honored to be seen with you!"

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 8:30 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus This mask
Location: Event Hall | Masquerade Hall | Stage moving to Voting Table
Tagging: Reese Leavenworth, Open

Joseph finally began to get back into his element as he crooned "When I first met her, she was seventeen...". The band would fall in behind him, getting fully in sync as he delivered the line "Well it doesn't matter now, just come and love me how, like the way you used to do". The energy was magnanimous, combining a wicked desert energy with the jazz like groove of Cab Calloway, almost as if Joseph Edwards had the devil on his shoulder.

"Is love mental disease or lucky fever dream, fine with either..." Just as he had wanted, the revellers of Caravanserai began to get up and dance, the spirit of no tomorrow overtaking the room. The swagger Edwards kept locked away would come out, his movements smooth like water. The room felt hotter than usual, but Joseph didn't seem to mind it one bit.

"My heart's a ding-a-ling, a puppet on a string, c'est la vie-uh..." Joseph had them all right where he wanted. This was the thing he had needed, the best way he knew how to make himself memorable. Even if most of them never learned his name, they would know The Phantom of Caravanserai, they would at least remember this moment in due time. That alone was good enough for Joseph Edwards.

Getting into the home stretch, the passions of the band had hit their highest note of the evening so far. Then Joseph would deliver the last line, and the song would move into its close. After the final note, a woman would get up on stage. 'Be careful, we might keep you up there all night.' She had said in an obvious jest. "Be careful, I might take you up on it." Joseph would reply in the same tone. Taking the guitar off his shoulders, he would give a mock salute to the band and walk off.

After grabbing a drink at the bar, he would walk over to the table where the woman who had announced the voting was sitting.

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: June 6 | 8:30 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask
Tagging: Kinsey, JJ (mentioned) OPEN!

Becky beamed at JJ and agreed with Kinsey's assessment. "Yes, he's just the best." She said, giving the bartender a full blast of her smile and appreciate eyes. "I would still be huddling in a corner someplace without him!" She picked up her new drink and sipped it happily as she talked with her blonde temporary best friend.

Ooooh what a shrewd negotiator she was! Becky wondered idly if Kinsey had figured out that Becky didn't actually want to haggle and just wanted to kiss and learn secrets? Well either way, the night was getting on and secrets were becoming harder and harder to find, especially for her as people were learning what others were worth and upping the price.

"Date tomorrow, kiss now, two truths, three dares?" She made a show of pondering. "Okay deal!" She said happily, shaking her hips in agreement. "But!" She raised a finger. "I get to veto any truth that's too personal or any dare that gets me kicked out of here!" She laughed. Then realized something else. "And no getting me to say other people's secrets!" That was probably safe to assume part of the deal in the first place.

"Now," She said, setting closer, into Kinsey's space, one arm sliding gently up her back to cup behind her head gently and leaned in, "Whisper me your secret darling!" She looked very eager to hear it.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

HockeyGod

Brandon nodded and offered his hand to Katrina. So far the masquerade had been a success at Caravanserai. He was especially pleased there was no opera ghost to steal a guest or worse - cause a chandelier to crash on top of the party goers. Then again, most phantoms of the opera were relegated to the pages by Gaston Leroux or the stage by Andrew Lloyd Weber. It was unlikely that a deformed, mask covered murderer would make his appearance in the middle of the desert.

The bartender had learned to dance from his grandmother. She taught him everything from a formal waltz to traditional Celtic dances. Remembering his gran brought happy emotions.

"What do you do for a living?" Brandon asked as the two danced around the floor.

Kit Cat

Name: Kinsey O’Malley
Date | Time: June 6th || 8:30pm
Wearing: As pictured with this mask.
Tagging:Becky, JJ (Mentioned) Open.

I couldn’t help but chuckle at Bluey’s assertion she would be huddling in a corner without JJ’s mystic mixology skills, and clinked my glass to hers as we drank.

“Nothing like a drop of liquid courage to spur things along,” I agreed, giving JJ a wink over her shoulder.

As expected, with the announcement that the results of the secrets competition was impending, and them being harder to come by, Bluey leapt onto my counter-offer, though with some qualifications.

“You are a hard negotiator, aren’t you?” I observed, already turning her words around in my head, and spotting several loopholes in her statement that I may choose to exploit later. “But I think we can go with that.”

She was getting close now, and I smiled as she slid her hand around my back; reciprocating with my own; fingertips dancing up her spine to rest mid-back as the girl leant in.

“Payment first,” I purred back in a whisper. “Reward later; after all, you might renege if I told you first, and a kiss is a terrible thing to waste.”

Maybe we should get the band to play that next!

Jaclyn

Tagging: EG (Brandon Murphy aka Extraordinary Gentleman), Open

… EG dances wonderfully ... float with his touch and move as he suggests …

… he asks what I do for a living ... he gets a giggle …

  "I spend my inheritance from Daddy, EG! Full time job and it continues to increase in this bull stock market. Daddy said it was enough to live a lifetime and I keep looking for ways to spend it. Can I buy you something? We could go shopping in Monaco after being here!"

… float in his arms ... he really is a good dancer! ... wonder if he's as good as a lover! …

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
OOC: Little posting into Friday!

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Kinsey, JJ (mentioned) OPEN!

Becky smiled, the smile of the cat who was about to eat her fourth helping of canary, as Kinsey asked for payment up front.

She tilted her head to the side and moved in. Think of something witty to say. She told herself. Something sexy. Something super cool.

"Well a kiss is..." she began, then stalled, hard. Fuck. She was going somewhere with this, right? A terrible thing to waste? Worth two in the bush? Best served cold? Shines darkest before the dawn? Dammit. "Umm...." Good one Becky, you've got her now. Dammit. It was Kinsey's fault, really, that hand tracing along her exposed back was just so yummy, and the way her eyes sparkled and...dammit.

Not wanting to be stuck in that pause anymore she closed her eyes and charged, pressing her lips up against Kinsey's as she held a hand to the back of the girl's head, and another around her waist pressed up against her lower back. They weren't pushing or holding, just anchors for balance.

As the kiss progressed though, her hand crept along her back a bit more forcefully, rubbing against her skin almost like a caress now and pulling the two ladies in closer as Becky continued with her kiss. She wasn't about to let up anytime soon, but wasn't going to stop Kinsey from pulling back either.

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | 8:45 PM
Wearing: Blue Dress with Mask
Tagging: Party Goers ( Joseph Edwards)

In truth, Reese would not have minded if their unexpected musician continued to play songs throughout the night. The crowd liked him well enough. Many of them clapped and whistled once he completed his song. However, she also realized how much that might suck for the actual singer of the band.

Their name escaped her. It was 'S' something. Sinful Plectrum? No, that didn't sound quite right. Spank Bakery? Definitely not. Coral would have a heart attack.

Either way, the lead singer would probably spend the night sulking if some stranger stole his place amongst his peers. Especially after both he and the other members put a lot of time and effort into preparing for tonight.

Reese pushed those thoughts out of her mind. She didn't get paid enough for such worries. Instead, she hurried over to get designated table, hoping to reach it before anyone else. She was just setting out the small form, containing less than five questions, when the first guest arrived. Looking up, Reese smiled upon realizing it was their surprise star himself.

"Hello again," Reese greeted him as instinct compelled her to reach out and shake his hand, if he allowed it. "Are you a musician? I mean, professionally?" Her curiosity about him overrode the need to explain the questionnaire. "I figured so because not too many people are brave enough to do what you just did."

LocusVonErich

Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 8:45 PM
Tagging: Reese Leavenworth, Becky and Kinsey(Mentioned), Open

"Yeah...in a past life." Joseph would shake her hand, taking stock of the scenario he had now put himself in. "Those guys definitely needed a boot put to their asses. That version of Time Warp was...it was half-assed. Plus, this crowd definitely needed to get off their asses and move a bit."

Looking over at the bar, he saw Becky making yet another play. Of course, her new target seemed to not have the same baggage the first one had. Of course, the fact that Becky was doing such a thing was a tell all its own. Maybe he would have to ask about that if their date was still scheduled to happen.

HockeyGod

Living off an inheritance was certainly a great way to survive. Brandon's family owned a number of successful pubs throughout the UK. He wasn't sure if he would be able to live a life of pure vacationing having grown up around the pubs. Brandon chuckled at Katrina's invitation.

He shook his head with a smile. "I think I'll probably stick around here a little longer. I'm a fan of Caravanserai. After that I'll probably head back home to work on our pubs. Though the invitation is tempting."

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | 8:45 PM
Wearing: Blue Dress with Mask
Tagging: Party Goers ( Joseph Edwards)

“Isn’t an artist always an artist?” Reese asked in a rhetorical fashion, thinking aloud more than anything else. Her handshake was strong but not tight enough to hurt his fingers. “I just mean...you seemed to be enjoying yourself quite a bit. Maybe you should make time for it in the here and now? A weekend gig.” Knowing that she might be stepping over the line, she lifted her hands up in surrender. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to butt my head into your business. I can’t control myself sometimes.”

It did take her aback a great deal when he shifted from talking about himself to bashing the members of the band. Reese’s smile faltered, blue eyes not quite shining as bright. For a few seconds, she had no idea how to respond to him.

“Okay,” Reese said with a nod of her head. “Um. Were you interested in voting for someone?”

Jaclyn

Tagging: EG (Brandon Murphy aka Extraordinary Gentleman), Open

… he's incorruptible! ... how delightful! …

  "Before I leave, tell me where these pubs are! I get to England frequently and any excuse to get out of London, I'll take!"

… we dance a bit more ... I try to get closer to him ... he's such a nice fellow ... I do wish he'd hit on me! …

Kit Cat

Tagging:Becky, Open.

Becky could only stall for a little while trying to come back with a suitable response, before the ‘quip’ would turn into a ‘long’, and it ended up being physical, rather than verbal. Smiling, in what could only be described as vampiric eagerness, she placed a hand at the back of my neck, and dove in for the kiss.

Lips suddenly locked together, I kept my eyes open to enjoy the expression on her face, even as my free hand rested on the curve of her hip. The kiss was tentative at first; almost gentle in its hesitancy, before becoming deeper and more forceful as her confidence grew.

Tracing a nail in circles on the exposed skin of her back, and leaning into the girl’s caress, I let my tongue paint along her lips as the kiss progressed; tasting the residue of JJ’s latest cocktail upon them. Sensing Becky was enjoying it as much as I was, and wouldn’t be backing off anytime soon, I pulled her in a little tighter; happy to give her what she wanted.

I guessed there would be a few people watching that weren’t exactly complaining either.

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Kinsey, OPEN!

Becky was much better at kissing than quick witted zingers. She pressed her soft lips into Kinsey's with a playful, loving pressure and her back arched happily in response to Kinsey's fingers tracing their little circles. A soft little moan worked its way into the kiss as Becky titled her head left and then right, coming at Kinsey from one angle and then the other as she tried to find the perfect fit. With her back arched and her knees feeling a little weak, Becky's curvy body pressed into the blonde woman's more slender frame and she enjoyed the comfortable feel of their mouths, tongues, and figures interacting as her hands gripped the back of Kinsey's head with just enough force to hold her there as the two shared a passionate kiss at the bar.

Eventually though, Becky had to come back for air and did so, her eyes slowly fluttering back down, her hand lowering itself to rest around Kinsey's shoulders as the other gripped her by the waist. She didn't pull herself away otherwise and left their bodies very close, gazing on Kinsey with a very satisfied look that was a look that hadn't quite decided if it wanted to be a smirk or a smile when it grew up.

Becky enjoyed a moment of just being there with this woman and then finally spoke. "How was that?" She asked with a grin.

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Reese Leavenworth, Open

Joseph would grab one of Reese's forms and fill it out quickly. He chose to leave the vote on "Best Mask" blank. He was a bit too biased about his own to really vote fairly there. After finishing, he folded the paper and put it in the ballot box. "No need to apologize. After all, I am going to be staying here for quite a while. I'll need all the friends I can get. Come by and see me sometime. If I'm not in Mirage, I'll be in Quos Residential Suite Number Five." With a wink, he left her to her devices and walked back to the bar.

"Lime Tonic." He asked of a nondescript bartender. Joseph sat back and let the events of things unfold around him for a bit.

Kit Cat

The kiss lasted longer than expected, but was all the more enjoyable for it, as our tongues danced slowly around each other in intricate little movements like two lovers on the dancefloor. Taking the moan of satisfaction that elicited from Becky’s lips as encouragement, I pulled her curvaceous body closer to me, and enjoyed the warm, passionate heat of the moment.

The moment had to end eventually, however, and it did so with the soft fluttering of her eyelashes, as Becky opened her eyes to look at me, and pull herself away. Resting comfortably against each other, both my hands now resting on her lower back, I returned her smile with one of my own, and added a wink to boot.

“Well, someone’s been practicing,” I observed lightly, eyes glittering merrily. “Though I’m not complaining, and that’s a fact. Seems to me you’re a woman on a mission for new experiences, and I’m happy to be part of the adventure. The question is, is it just secrets you are after in this place, or are you looking for more?”

Sure, I could have used one of my truths up to ask that question, but it was worth a punt if I didn’t have to waste it. Besides, I was enjoying this.

RedPhoenix

Becky was finding that holding Kinsey close was a very comfortable feeling, and she let her hands settle, one around her lower back the other up on her shoulder as she enjoyed the closeness of being with her.

"Yeah, just now." She laughed. "You're the second girl I ever kissed." Obviously the first had been just earlier this evening.

"And yeah I think that's right." She nodded, "A mission for new experiences, that's why I'm here after all." She smiled big. "And truth be told I dunno what I'm looking for really. I'm just hoping I know when I find it." She shrugged. "I'm not gonna worry about it, whether I'm doing what I'm supposed to or not, it's time that Becky's gonna worry about Becky for once, and not a damn thing else." She said with confidence, obviously still trying to psych herself up.

"But in the short term..." she smiled. "I will take that secret now." She leaned in so that Kinsey could whisper it to her.

HockeyGod

As Brandon and Kati continued dancing their conversation shifted to the pubs in the UK. "Ack, the pubs my family owns are amazing places - full of fun and laughter. Everyone is treated as an equal. You would enjoy it." Brandon was enjoying his time with Kati, but was afraid that he was being lax in his duties. There also was a written - though sometimes overlooked - rule about fraternizing with guests. There was a line that could not be crossed. Brandon was no where near that line so he felt safe.

"So tell me, where is the most exciting place you've visited?"

Kit Cat

I laughed along with Becky as she admitted I was the second girl she had kissed. Given I had been witness to the first earlier tonight, she really was intent on getting as many new experiences as she could in as short a time as possible. I also suspected, despite the comfortableness of our embrace, she would most likely drop me like a hot potato the moment she heard my secret, so she could go hunting for more.

I wasn’t going to be that easy.

The band had struck up a more romantic air, perhaps embarrassed by their ‘guest performer’ into actually working for the crowd—rather than just dialling it in—but with the combination of it being still relatively early in the night and the voting, the dancefloor was relatively empty, which gave me an idea.

Grinning, I moved my lips to Becky’s ear as she leant in, having asked for my secret and chuckled.

“But the night’s still young, hun,” I whispered playfully. “Don't forget, you still owe me a couple of things before you can collect on my wish, and I think I’ll take one of them now. You want new experiences, well then, I dare you to come dance with me in the middle of the room whilst they’ve got the right mood music on—let everyone see the sapphire in their midst!”

Steffy

Steffy Danielle Dubois, Adventurer
Date | Time: Evening of the Masquerade Ball
Wearing: Red Gown
Tagging: Lalita Cheema, open

As I wait for Lalita’s reaction, I spin about the room.  Very magical.  And I wonder what things I would see if I really had some power beyond normal sight.

Amaris

Name: Jesse "JJ" Johnson
Date | Time: June 6th, evening (same time as the scene with Brandon and Kati)
Wearing: Mask // This outfit. The sleeves are unbuttoned and rolled up to his forearm // The black version of these heels to complete the steampunk ensemble
Location: Event Hall | Masquerade Ball | Finally leaving from behind the bar
Tagging: Brandon, Kati, open

The business was picking up. One thing JJ had learned while working behind a bar is that alcohol only bred more alcohol. The more people drank the more they wanted and he wasn't being able to keep up. He wasn't nearly as skilled as his partner, and there were some drinks that people were mentioning he was having to look up and it was taking far too long.

Apologizing to the customers, he gave a warm smile. "I will be back momentarily. Just need to quickly... Grab someone." His heels clicked as he left behind the bar, his stride barely hindered by the fact that his feet were killing him. Why hadn't he brought other shoes? Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. His eyes scanned the dancers before finally landing on Brandon.

"Excuse me. You look lovely. Excuse me." Was muttered softly as he made his way to his partner, resting his hand gently onto his shoulder. He wasn't angry, nor trying to be overly rude. "Pardon my interruption you two." He said quickly for he didn't want to leave the bar unattended for long. "I'm very sorry for the rudeness, lovely." He looked into Kati's eyes and gave a bit of a sheepish smile. "If you don't mind, I kind of need to steal Brandon away. The bar is getting busy, and I'm not nearly as skilled as he. I hope you don't mind."

RedPhoenix

Becky wasn't truly after the secrets so much as she was after having fun, so while playing the game of being after secrets and using it as an excuse to flirt, collect kisses, and get dates set up for later was working just fine, it didn't mean she was in any rush at all really.

"Oh that wasn't the deal darling." She said, holding out her hand and then leading Kinsey to the dance floor. "You owe me that secret." She slipped her arms around Kinsey's waist and then slid her hands down to the girl's hips, moving back and forth with her as she danced slowly.

"If you decide to take all day collecting your end of it that's on you darling." She smiled at Kinsey, rocking her hips back and forth to the music, letting it take over her rhythm slowly, "But I've held up what I bargained for and now you gotta tell me that thing nobody else knows." She teased, her face coming rather close to Kinsey's again, looking for a moment like it might dart in to steal another kiss, but then pulling back a bit.

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Open, Mentioned: Becky and Kinsey

After receiving his drink, Joseph would watch the two women at the bar continue to talk among themselves, truly acting as The Phantom of Caravanserai. Silently, he would note each move made in the mental game of chess between Becky and her companion, noting how they were equal in their moves, as if all sixteen pawns on the board had been moved into a blockade at the center, protecting the royals while forcing one or the other to begin sacrificing pieces.

Of course, now he felt out of place again. As if Caravanserai was a place he was never meant to enter.