Mahou Hentai (NC, interest check )

Started by DKDBSD, August 26, 2010, 07:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKDBSD

Quote from: endlesspie on August 27, 2010, 06:15:36 PM
One thing though... if 'Witches' are those who have trained in every field of magic to a satisfactory degree. Are there going to be other people who train only in specific areas so they can make a living out of them... medical magic being the easiest for me to conceptualize this with since you'd want a large number of healers to keep the population healthy.

Erm now that I didn't think of really I want to limit the amount of magic humans are capable of which would explain why they have the best technology. Really human who is capable of magic is either an apprentice, a witch or a high witch (the council whom I shall be playing two of them though they won't appear often.). I suppose it's a possibility but balance wise only a the minority of humans being magically inclined would encourage better technology. Also the idea that magic should be relied entirely on.

endlesspie

Soooo... there will be non-magic medical practices but for those who have really serious problems or are rich enough they'll seek out a witch to cure them?

Miles Trent

Like curses and sickness of the magical nature, wherever they may have been contracted from. There may even be a black market for those who cant afford too. Sounds like an idea.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

DKDBSD

Yeah more or less. Ok again so we have one pre existing witch, two people from the human world and then what Miles and Eliza want to be.

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Miles Trent

I was thinking. What kind of mood or feel do you want this roleplay to be? Dark, happy go lucky, or some other?
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

DKDBSD

Quote from: Miles Trent on August 27, 2010, 06:33:25 PM
I was thinking. What kind of mood or feel do you want this roleplay to be? Dark, happy go lucky, or some other?

Well kind of a mixture it is anime based.

endlesspie

Would our two unfortunate fools know each other?

Miles Trent

Hmm, I see. I see. We should try to keep it balanced then.

Anyways, I have to head off now. Ill be back briefly tomorrow or later. Maybe post a few. Be looking forward to getting started. Ciao. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

pendarious

mahou anime tends to drift back and forth between light hearted and dark and edgy depending on events occuring at the time so we'll be flicking back and forth i suppose.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

DKDBSD

Quote from: endlesspie on August 27, 2010, 06:38:08 PM
Would our two unfortunate fools know each other?

Erm no also there might be a third person.

Ok dude I have no planned start date for this. Really I've got a couple of other rpies that have been quick starting so this one starting slowly would be fine.

Well Magical anime isn't really a genre except in the case of "Magical girl" I mean it's not set in stone but I'd like to be able to shift about.

pendarious

there is magical girl anime ther is magical knight anime (though the two tend to overlap) in anycase i was just using a broad usage of magical for the hell of it.

DKDBSD

Well we've got the magic sorted what kind of races do we want?

endlesspie

Human
Elf
Some kind of animal people (whether that is full furry or just nekomimi is debatable)
Nymphs
Demons
Angels

And there are plenty others that could be involved.

DKDBSD

Erm I wouldn't want angels to be involved Fae covers Elves and Nymphs I guess some cat people but unsure. Though I was planning on having my two cat people but they are cat demons rather then just cat people so that would cover it as well.

endlesspie

So...

Humans which encompass humans and witches
Fae which encompasses elves and nymphs
Demons which encompass animal-people and demonic-people

DKDBSD

Quote from: endlesspie on August 29, 2010, 10:06:22 AM
So...

Humans which encompass humans and witches
Fae which encompasses elves and nymphs
Demons which encompass animal-people and demonic-people

Pretty much this is very animeesque. That was my intention from the start one of the council members (one of my two.) is insanely powerful.

endlesspie

So are we going to have sorta steam-punk technology then?

Miles Trent

I like the airship idea for some steam punkishness, but if that goes, we could try to keep from it being too Final Fantasy like?
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

DKDBSD

Quote from: Miles Trent on August 29, 2010, 10:56:12 AM
I like the airship idea for some steam punkishness, but if that goes, we could try to keep from it being too Final Fantasy like?

Well it's more anime inspired and I just want to give the humans some kind of advantage. They  can use spiritual energy more easily then magic users but they can only use it with there weapons and the like. So having better technology would be handy. Really I want to draw more from Studio Ghibli the idea came to me after Watching Kiki's Delivery service again so it's not meant to be FF.

DKDBSD

Ok lets introduce our Characters just in a concept we can worry about appearances and the like later. One Speciality each by the way demon abilities will be discussed and linked the official  myths.

We have twelve council member spaces ten after mine they will not appear much. I would appreciate if people took control of at least one and at most two.

Trish Crawford - Originally a young man in the human world his curiosity got him sucked into the world of dreams. Having been transported to the village of Little leaf he is one of a few who must be recognised as a witch if he ever wants to go home. His speciality is broom flight.

Charlotte - A failing witch she fears she'll be out casted because even now she can't control the elements (they always explode in her face) she's the worst witch in the entire village of Little leaf. After she obtains a special something (will happen in the rp) she becomes able to summon a powerful familar that is her speciality.

Elena - One of the twelve council members she is a powerful witch who's control over the elements is so great that she annihilated an entire side of over a hundred thousand enemy soldiers. (This got her on the council as they have to have perform an amazing task preferably that benefits the kingdom. Simply put using only say about a fraction of her power she summoned a thunder storm and fried the enemies. This also earned her the nickname "Queen of Storms, and Maelstrom empress etc etc.) Her familiar is a horned wolf called Logan (Think a very stream lined wolf) it's strength is said that it's anthropomorphic combat form has never been seen. (It may not have one I havn't decided

??? - (I have no name) Another of the council members and head of Little leaf she's not one for flashy magics and often says you should never abused magic. Her Familiar (also her speciality) a stripy tom cat instincts are among the most  precise and it will defend it's mistress with out orders. (becoming it's tiger anthropomorphic self very quickly. )

Kain  and Kimiko - Two cat demons who left the cat demon kingdom over a fifty years ago at the same time that the twin prince and Princess vanished (They are not lovers and yes they are the missing royals in hiding. I know cheeeeeeesy.) They joined up with a friend of theirs and travel as companions. Kain weilds a Katana with lightning speed and though he discarded the Nekomata's Corpse dance ability and their illusion abilities with that he has become a far stronger swords man. (with the royal sword he'd be a lot more powerful.) Both of them can become their true forms at will. Kimiko as a dancer only uses her corpse dance ability when she needs to and relies more on her illusions to add to the dance.

Zaruil - The wood elven companion of Kimiko and Kain he is Kimiko's dance partner (he's gay ladies) he keeps in contact with his family and home though. His speciality is transformation.

(I've more or less set the scale here.

pendarious

Charlotte sounds like Louise From Zero No Tsukaima.

anyway my characters:

Illyria- A witch in training who is very knowledgable about magic but she's such a klutz that her Knowledge primarily applies to theory moreso than pracitce. She wants to be able to master dark magic as well as the Time and Dimensional magics however she knows she must acquire mastery over the other elements first.

Alverio- A male human who is part of the Little Leaf town watch. he is also the apprentice of a local gadgeteer so he is learning how to be an engineer as well. His weapon is a sword with saw blades running along it. Through a steam motor he is able to activate the saw for a much more dangerous weapon.

Amaya Lorentus- A council witch who incredibly powerful. Her specialty lies in the controll of abjuration. She was appointed to the council for being able to maintain a barrier defending the army she was with from a 2 week siege of catapult fire upon the fort they stood within. she of course has not risen a barrier since.

all of these are of course up for scrutiny and will be changed if neccassary.

DKDBSD

Thats fine also I've never seen the anime you just mentioned. But clumsy characters are far from uncommon.

pendarious

DKDBSD