News:

Main Menu

The Amazing Spider-Man

Started by Starlequin, May 14, 2012, 09:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starlequin

Alright, just caught the trailer for the upcoming release. I had sort of wondered why bother with another webhead reboot, but...it looks pretty sweet. So screw the reasons why, I just found out how I'm spending my 4th of July weekend! Anyone else seen the previews / looking forward to the flick?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Inkidu

I'll tell you why they're doing it. Modern "movie rights' laws prevent people from buying it up just to sit on it and keep others from using it. A company has to show that it's using it. Otherwise, it will revert back to the copyright holder.

So, Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man and all Spider-Man related elements. Just like Fox has the X-Men and everything mutant in its rights. This means that Sony is getting a Spider-Man flick ready so it can keep the rights and keep them from reverting back to Disney and Marvel Film Studios.

There's another Wolverine movie in pre-production, along with another Fantastic Four movie because of this. So sadly, Spidey is not going to be joining the Avengers in the sequel.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

I hear a lot of hate directed towards the other films, which conspicuously started around the time the new one started getting made... curious. Not really a Marvel fan, so I can't claim to understand the reasoning, but it usually came down to 'Parker is a pussy', and 'He has webs?!?!'. Both of which are just fucking stupid -.- Parker in the video games, and what comics I've seen, is just a walking one liner. Every bit of dialogue was some kind of joke, and none of it was funny. And the lack of web shooters was a bad thing? Really? The comics themselves have gotten rid of it plenty of times for less retarded options, like, oh, I dunno... a radioactive half human half spider hybrid being able to produce webs.

Starlequin

So...you guys aren't gonna be checking out the new movie, then?  'O.o'
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sabby

Oh, I'll see it, just pointing out the reasons usually brought up against the old films don't make a whole lot of sense.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Starlequin on May 14, 2012, 10:50:52 PM
So...you guys aren't gonna be checking out the new movie, then?  'O.o'

I am!  The original trilogy got stupidly maudlin at the third film, and so I want to see a much more upbeat (if still dark) take on it.  And Indiku has the right of it as to why they're making an new Spiderman.  The original made Sony a decent amount of cash, and so they want to see if they can do it again, and I don't think I was the only one disappointed with Venom.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

I think they did a good job with the revamp.. I'm liking the actors I'm seeing.

The webshooters are nice to see again. Hopefully the execs will give the writers and producers some space and don't kill this reboot off.

Jag

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 14, 2012, 11:47:35 PM
The original made Sony a decent amount of cash, and so they want to see if they can do it again, and I don't think I was the only one disappointed with Venom.

Disappointed doesn't begin to describe it. V__V
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Sasquatch421

I'll be there... Spiderman was my first Marvel read way back when Stan Lee was still drawing him for the newspapers. I was really disapointed with Venom as well, then again Topher Gracie or however you spell his name was not a good fit as Brock either. The only reason I own the third movie is that I loved how they did the Sandman.

A new FF? I wonder what the cast will be since Evans is now Captain America?