From the Underdark (a drow tale open for all.)

Started by Gwindolyn, July 02, 2010, 10:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

The tale made it hard for Kamaria to keep a straight face. Thankfully her loose cloak hood kept the humored expression hidden, the only slight giveaway of amusement being her soft lipped smirk. She laced her thumb into the belt and she nodded to their little confession of sexual escapades upon a relationship foundation. Her eyes fell shut and she enjoyed the smooth feel of wind sweeping into her hood, criss-crossing over her chest and navel, wisping over her form.

"Well, if anything has to be learned from you both..." Kamaria began. "It is that you both have some very interesting stories to tell."
"Adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."
An Hourglass of Dreams | Ons & Offs

Dunnuck

"Everyone says we are a collaborarion of colorful stories." Jessica told Kamaria. "We have plenty of them. Me and her have known each other since we were kids." Gabe said. "Through good times...and bad." He added. "We have stories from funny, to amazing, to terrifying, to sad. Let me ask you, Kamaria, have you ever seen a dragon?"

Drow Denizen

Quelthar - Elven Settlement

Quelthar spent the day moving about the edges of the park, observing Freezya as she tutors the group of kids. He makes of busying him with various trivial tasks a the day goes on, so he is not seen just staring at the elf.
The tasks also keep the boredom at bay, he cared little enough for the redhead elf, let alone this throng of young ones. As much ss possible he tries to stay in hearing range, hoping to overhear anything she says that might help him. Or failing that, just to familiarize himself with her voice and personality.

The sun is a constant annoyance, but the wood elf visage shows nothing but a wide smile at the bright sunlight, even if Quelthar is not quite so merry underneath.
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Dunnuck

They enter the elven city, the enviroment much more natural than the human one. Gabriel's expression turned dark, a scowl across his face. He put his head down, telling the two women to do the same. "I doubt I nor Kamaria are liked around here." He said, giving an explanation. He kept a steady hand on his blade, but didn't tense himself. He had not shown the two girls his sword; he wanted to kee it a surprise. "We should find this woman, buy some things, and leave. This plsce makes me uncomfortable." Gabriel whispered. They moved through the streets without incident, eventually making it to a nice park where the offense had occured.

He sighed and took a seat on a stone bench far off in front of the red headed elf. "You two can search around; the elves have a lot of unique things to see. Their structures aren't as crude as the humans. It is a nice sight. They also have some goods you wont find in the human city. But be careful...it could just be me, but I feel...tension."

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

They continued, and the scenery slowly began to morph. Around them, the nature grew thicker and more beautiful, the establishments coming into sight much more unique and fantastical from human buildings. The images flooded Kamaria's mind with memories and she suddenly wondered why she had tagged along. Yes, Gabriel was coming along and he had the same problem. But they were definitely from two completely polar vantage points.

As they reached their point, Gabe gave them free will to wander about. Kamaria wanted to leave. The intense need to get away was burning through her like a lit cigar against her skin. Her dark skin gave her away, her cloak could not cover what she was...

But she slipped away, and headed towards a more discreet part of the nearby area. A street down, she memorized the terrain, and knew she wouldn't be lost easily. But of course, nothing is easy and the chance of no encounters would just be too lucky of Kamaria.

"Hey!" Came a sudden voice. A hand shot out of what felt like nowhere at all with a skill that surprised the unsuspecting drow. Kamaria instantly held her breath, not gasping as smooth, pale fingers locked around her throat. Her eyes closed for a moment as this elf was stronger than a normal elf. She felt then another hand coming forward, gripping a handful of her cloak hood and tearing it back from her face, unveiling herself to him.

Kamaria made eye contact with the man and her heart sank right to the floor, and even deeper into the earth as if it were quicksand below her. His name she knew, but could not speak.

Calanon.

He stood about 6'3, broad shoulders and a strong upper body, tapering into a slender waist and long legs made for running. His body was sculpted by the most gorgeous deity she could not even fathom. His face was smooth with high cheek bones, a gaunt chin, smooth masculine nose, furrowed brows, bow-shaped lips, a goatee, and eyes of a crisp viridian.  His hair was tied back behind his neck, falling in long wisps of golden. And his fingers, tightening around his neck, were so warm and smooth; barely tinted with callouses.

"What are you doing here?" He said coldly. "I thought you were exiled from the elvish territories."

"The..." Kamaria couldn't breathe, so he loosened his grip enough so that she could still speak, holding her up so that her tiptoes barely kept contact with the ground. His hand shifted so that his fingers were pressed into one side of her face, his thumb on the other. "The order was made some while back, and has expired very recently. Three weeks ago, exact." She said coolly.

The man drew her forward and pushed her back, with enough force that her balance could not be salvaged and the drow hit the sandy earth, feeling her insides being shredded as if a pack of vultures were carving at her carcass. But Kamaria came to a stand and looked over the elven warrior keenly. He was a bodyguard to royalty, or at least, he was.

"I see things haven't changed." Kamaria said in a whisper to him. Their eyes connected as if some unspoken conversation were going on between their minds. Both beings were tensed, ready to fight. "It's just like the last time."

"You have grown wiser since then Kamaria. But not wise enough. Leave the city now." He said.

"We used to be-"

The sound of metal cutting out if its sheath broke through the air as the blade's edge was suddenly pressed against her neck, a tiny scratch forming.

"Shut your wicked mouth drow, and leave. Or I will cut your head from your body, and rid you of your meandering existence."

"Yes... As you wish, Calanon." Her speaking his name did something to him as he replaced his weapon and she pulled her hood over her face. "I will be gone, and pray fate doesn't confront us again." She said coolly, walking towards the nearby park, and hoping to head onward out of town. She knew her way back to Gabriel's, if it was needed.

Dunnuck

As Kamaria walked away, Jessica moved in. Once she was out of sight, Jessica approached. "So your name is Calanon?" She asked. Jessica gripped the hilt of her blade. "You really don't know how to treat a woman." Jessica had followed Kamaria, knowing something would happen since she was a drow. "The drow is here with a friend and I; You have a problem with her presence, talk to me. I don't know you, and I don't want to. But you do know my friend. So be sure she doesn't have to introduce us...I doubt introductions would be civil." She turned to walk away, her hand still on the hilt.

Gabriel...

Gabriel noticed Kamaria, walking away in the distance towards the exit of town. He ran to her and asked "Hey, whats wrong?"

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She was walking towards the exit of the city, the world a blur around her. She walked in long, powerful strides. But she did not make it out before she heard someone following suit.

Hey, what's wrong?

Kamaria was just out the edge of the city, out of sight by most elves as they stood upon the gates. She turned sharply, jutting her hand out. Her fingers gripped a handful of Gabriel's top, stepping closer until her chest could barely touch his, her eyes raised just barely to meet his, her warm breath of citrus and spice pouring over his skin. Golden hues filled with anger searched his own for a moment as she parted her lips, her teeth grinding together. Slowly her fingers uncurled and her lips softened, jaw loosening. Her eyes lulled out of their state and fell shut, turning her head.

"Forgive me, Gabriel. My nerves are still short. I've run into an old... acquaintance myself today. Perhaps later, before I leave town, I will tell you my story so you can remember me by it." Kamaria curled up her fists at her sides and continued walking away, pausing and looking back.

"Did you make your apology."

Dunnuck

"Not yet. I'm waiting for her session to end." He told Kamaria. The rage he seen within her had sent chills down his spine. He looked back, seeing that the session was over. "I will be back." He said, turning and heading to the woman he designated 'Rose'. He decided to cut to the chase. "Look, im sorry for my attitude the other day. I was out of line." He explained.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She had just dismissed her boys and were gathering her books.  She heard a terse sentence above her.  She was unsure who it was who spoke it or why or even if it was for her at first.  She spun around, spreading her gathered books in a most distressing fashion.  She falls backward, landing on her backside and hands to look upward at him.  She has to squint as the sun is behind him.  She has trouble making out his features backlit as he was.  She cocks her head from side to side trying to get a different view.  "Is that the human from the sparring last night?  The one who was so cross with me?" she asks with clear confusion as she still has not found a view that defeats the sun behind his head.  She shifts to try to rise.  Struggling as her legs are twisted from her abrupt turn about.  She holds out a hand to him, for help to stand.
I've become a truck driver.  This means my connection and time are not scheduled.  I cannot guarantee a post every night, and sometimes I can do multiple posts in a single time span.  For those of you who can handle time gaps between posts, I am welcoming new stories.  I want to write in the threads.  I want an audience for my writing and our story.

I am Gwindolyn            
Pressing Gwindolyn's buttons

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She waited patiently as Gabriel left once more, moving further out of the city. She leaned on the trunk of a tree, crossing her legs and crossing her arms tightly over her chest. People that passed; though they were few in number, stared and wondered at the statuesque woman leaning there. Time passed slowly, and she stared at the earth beneath her feet. And next to her left foot was one simple blossoming flower bearing five petals, pointed at their tips and full at the base, with little yellow pieces jutting out of the center where the nectar was. Her eyes found it, and she gazed at it without changing her stare.

And after about five minutes, the flower, somehow, began to wither. Very very slowly, the ends of the petals began to darken to a empty brown, growing thin and crisp, curling inward. Soon the flower twisted until it was nothing more than a coiled brown pile of ashen flower.

She raised her head, moving forward and crushing it under her step as she moved back inward towards the city's entrance just to look for Gabriel. Her eyes scanned the distance and she blinked, wondering how much longer til they could return to the human village.

Dunnuck

Reluctantly, Gabriel offered his hand. "Yes, it is I." He said with caution. He spoke differently when being formal, using almost a completely different dialect. He helped her up, locking eyes with her. "I won't lie; I meant offense to you. But it was wrong of me."

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She accepts the hand up.  The hand is all the apology she needed.  She smiles as she reaches her full height.  Being so short, she still had to look up to him.  Her fair skin making her green eyes sparkle within the firey frame of her long red curls.  She breaks eye contact to brush her backside clean and straighten her gown.  She leaves her books scattered. 

She looks up to his eyes, she smiles warmly.  "I thank you all the more for the sincerely apology then.  I appreciate it deeply."  She lets a slight laugh ripple from her her luscious red lips. "I have a bit of a mess to pick up, but if you would be so kind, I would gladly brew you a pot of tea.  I have this most delicious set of herbs that are set off perfectly with a strawberry.... Or...."  Her eyes light up at the thought. "I could warm a little elven wine to share."  There is no hint of deceit in her as she has none.  She offers up the invitation as the best way to help him feel at ease with her.
I've become a truck driver.  This means my connection and time are not scheduled.  I cannot guarantee a post every night, and sometimes I can do multiple posts in a single time span.  For those of you who can handle time gaps between posts, I am welcoming new stories.  I want to write in the threads.  I want an audience for my writing and our story.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She watched inward, seeing the park in the far distance and Gabriel. Her golden eyes studied the two and she sighed, thinking this apology might take some time. The drow turned and began to move down the sanded path of the earth once more.

One by one, the trees passed by her side, and she halted only once. Her mind slipped into thinking of random things; the food she carried and the blade. Her things still at Gabe's house. She almost wanted to rub her temples and curse the darkness for pinning her into situations like these. But it was what had happened, and she could not help it. Finally, about fifteen minutes away from the elvish city, she came to sit. She rested her back against a tree and brought one knee to her chest, extending her other leg. She removed her cloak hood and leaned her head back against the tree. She reached into the bag of food, taking out one orange and peeling it with her nails once more. She then pulled the pieces apart, setting them in half of the solid skin which was thick and a sign of perfect ripeness. She tossed the other bit of peeling away, and brought one slice to her lips, eating it slowly.

How did Calanon get here, I thought he was journeying to the Elvish home?... I wonder what all has happened. I would love to know, but fate forbids it. The only knowledge of him I'd ever be gifted with would be the knowledge of death by his blade.

Dunnuck

He raises a brow at the offer. The woman was beautiful, even though he disliked elves. He disliked elves not because of his parents or a predisposition as old ashe was, but rather an event that occured in his life.

Gabriel, his father, his mother, and his sister used to be a traveling family. His father sold his wares all over the world, creating unique designs for different people. One day, when Gabriel was young, they had been leaving a town. A group of raiders attacked them for their money and weapons. Only Gabe's father and mother knew how to fight, and it didnt last long. The city they were leaving was elvish, and the group of raiders were renegades from that town. They were feared greatly. Surrounded by elves, Gabe's mother and sister were killed. No one helped. Not a single damn elf. And it burned more because the raides were elves themselves.

Gabriel, with hesitation, accepted her offer.

Kevben Battleheart

~~Tirund Fal~~

Tirund stood in the middle of a purple-glowing circle as he muttered arcane words under his breath. The runes and symbols inside of the circle danced along the surface of the floor and hurt the eyes for those who stared to long at them. About eight other cloaked figures stood outside of the circle as they too chanted, the two different chants mixing together and sounding alien. As the ritual soon reached it point an explosion sounded and sent Tirund hurtling back into the far wall while killing his eight apprentices outright, leaving only blackened spots to indicate where they had been standing but a moment ago. A little shaken, Tirund got up from where had fallen and dusted himself off then shook his head while tsking. "If you couldn't help me perform a simple summoning spell, then you all deserved to die." As he stood there looking the room over, a servant of his came into the study and knelled before Tirund. "You call, master?" Tirund shook his head as he made his way towards the door. "No I didn't but now that your here, clean this room up. I want to be able to eat off the floors when your done." he commanded before leaving.

Tirund was used to such failures happening to him, finding that most of his apprentices lacked focus and any kind of talent, but he kept number of the apprentices who seemed to show such promise like the group who had just died not a minute ago. He could have done the spell by himself but he wanted to test some of his more promising apprentices was unsurprised by the magical explosion that had followed, in fact he thought they deserved it. Only those focused and dedicated enough would ever make it far but most of his apprentices seemed to only crave power, something that would only bring them a tragic death. The thought made him laugh, was there such thing as a untragic death, and as he entered his room a servant came out of the shadows and gave him a goblet of chilled wine. Tirund took a small sip as he sat down at a small table that contained a simple candle, a book, and a quill in an ink bottle. Opening the book open with his free hand and then taking the quill, Tirund crossed out the names of the apprentices who had died and then turned to a half filled page and began to write some notes down.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She smiles even broader as she accepts her invitation.  "Wonderful."  She looks down with a rueful scowl.  "It will only take me a moment to gather these up.  She weaves her fingers in a subtle dance as she sings a few phrases in elven.  The grass grows to move the books into a pile.  The wind gathers and her papers find themselves in a pile.  She nods her head and bends to pick up her stuff.  "Sometimes a little bending of rules in life is good."  She giggles lightly.  "Right this way."

She leads him through the streets, past the market and to the castle in the center of town.  She is aware of the elves that tail her, most of them being her body guards, one of them not.  She knows the guards will not attack until there is an ill intent expressed in action or word.  She is often capable of handling herself and finds their shadows a bit offsetting, but she accepts it is her duty to allow as she is a city official, being a druid of such rank and skill and a teacher among the children. 

They reach the castle and she nods brightly to the door guards who step aside for her and her guest.  She leads him through the elaborate foyer, with the almost floating high ceilings.  The scroll work was intricate and marvelous, speaking of crafters that were masters for centuries, not just decades.  She passes through with an almost embarrassed look on her face.  She reaches a small room that is rather simple in nature.  She opens it up and invites him in.  She steps to the side and asks a serving elf to bring them some warmed wine.  She sets her books on an emptied shelf.  She leaves them piled for now, but it is clear those books fill that shelf. 
She turns and offers him a seat near the window where there were two rockers that overlooked her gardens.  Some of the trees were blossoming for fruit.  The early flowers were bright and cheerful and the other plants were just beginning to grow.  “Thank you for accepting the invitation.  It seems I was not totally innocent, offering words when not welcomed to.  I would like to erase that moment and replace it with a kinder one.”

I am Gwindolyn            

Gwindolyn

~ Gwindolyn ~

Gwindolyn walks through the passageways to the sorcerer’s quarters.  Few males obtain respects from matrons, but this one was powerful in the arcane.  She knew his skills and knew hers.  She accorded him more respect that most.  She was still more than he was, but he was enough to be treated almost like a second or third in command of the house.  She has sought his counsel from time to time, but mostly, he is given his luxuries and his space.  He was accorded his own private servants, his own wing in the house for him and his apprentices.  This one was also given a decent flow of coin over and above whatever his private exploits brought him.  There was no wine or food reserved from him and he had his choice of lower ranked females to tend to baser needs should he choose.  Male ones of any rank if that were his choice.
She pauses outside of his wing to converse with the spiders.  She will teleport into his chambers, but cares not to land in the middle of a summoning or something.  So she makes sure his space is clear to be entered unannounced.  She finds the room is available.  She rips a portal into the air before her.  She steps into it and emerges in his room.  She takes a mere second to re-orientate herself to the room.  She takes a step forward and locates him in the room.  She stands tall and regal and she begins to hum the erratic song of the spiders to announce her arrival. 

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

"Yeah..." Gabriel said, his mind still lingering on what happened to his mother and sister. "I'm...sorry if I seem out of it." He told her, avoiding eye contact. "And I'm sorry I didn't help with your books. I kind of zoned out." He admitted. He sat in the chair and glared out of the window. "I have two friends here with me. One a human and the other a dr-" He stopped for a moment. "The other is taking a walk just outside of town." He said. "I ran into them by chance last night. I offered for them to come here with me and they accepted. To be honest, part of me wanted them here for protection. My reputation here isn't exactly good, even if most of what they say is a lie. When I was here yesteday, someone had just attacked me. Said I murdered someone. Wasn't true. It put me on edge, tis the reason I was...rash with you. I'm surprised that you forgive so easily."

Iellwen

~Iellwen~

Toned muscles rippled beneath the charcoal skin of long slender legs as she strode through the labyrinth of hallways that made up this house, her cloak continuing to flow behind her as she made her way from one end of the expansive abode to the other with the single mindedness of a true predator. She knew who her quarry would be, she just needed to locate him now, and he hadn't been in the slave-yard like she had first thought. A fact that irritated her for no particular reason other than that she hated being wrong.. even if she did admit to her shortcoming upon rare occasion, it didn't mean she liked them.

Now, with an air about her that sent others, even taller than herself, quickly out of her path lest she suddenly loose her temper upon them, the slender drowess swiftly made her way to the training arena to see if perhaps he had been sent there.. which if he had she could only hope no one had ended his pathetic life before it could truly mean something. 

Stepping into the arena itself she cast her glacier eyes around to scan those few present in search of her intended victim, and felt the faintest hint of relief he wasn't amidst those being used as cannon fodder. This meant one of two things... he was dead already, or he was in the pens below awaiting that... then again, she mused as she saw his bowed and grossly repulsive shape hobbling by the pole arms with the accoutrement of one set to the task of caring for said weapons, he could be actually doing a job.

Letting her slender fingers splay around the pommels of her twin elven blades, Ice and Poison, she propelled herself forward with ground devouring steps that brought her so swiftly upon the snivelling goblin male he nearly pissed himself when he looked up to see her staring haughtily down upon him.

So trapped by that icy glare, he cowered before her even as she suddenly turned to bark out an order to the nearest servant present. Some elven half blood she hadn't noticed before, and whose pale appearance brought a trembling snarl to her tone. "You... come here now and pick up his tasks.. now... " Whirling back upon him she bared her surprisingly white teeth at him in what might have been a smile though no humor echoed in her eyes from it. "You... have been chosen to bring honor to this house... feel grateful for this... now come before I change my mind."

Without another word she pivoted upon her heels and strode away with a thunderous crackle of her cloak as it seemed to attempt keeping up with its wearer. No backwards glance was given to the goblin as she expected him to follow her regardless if he realized what she had meant was his own demise.  No.. she didn't need to look as he scurried after her like the whipped dog he was, because the alternatives were by far worse and he knew it.

Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?
O/O's
Seeking
A/A

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She listens to him, watching out the window to give him the space he needed to say what he wanted to say.  She keeps quiet even in his pauses so as not to interrupt him before he was done.  She merely smiled and turned to him.  "Forgiveness is only easy when the offense meant nothing to the offended.  However, I could clearly see you were having a bad day.  My assumptions were off base and my.." She coughs lightly "help was not what was called for in that moment.  My apologies for stepping in when not asked to."  She takes a moment for that to sink in.

In that pause the elven servant arrives and she smiles brightly to her.  "Thank you so much."  She says softly to her with an almost embarrassed flush for even having a servant as the the young elf poured two goblets of warmed elven wine from a hot decantor.  She accepts the offered goblet.

When the elf receded back into the castle, Freezya turns to her guest once again.  “Word had reached my ear that you had a drow with you.  I had told them to watch, but not touch unless provoked.  Word also reached my ear that my order was not fully obeyed.  This will be reprimanded with my sincerest and humblest apologies.  From what I was told though, it was personal and not on behalf the city.  This does not excuse, but it explains why the duty was not obeyed.  As for the other matter, I am not involved in that, so I am unaware of the details.  Still, I can understand your hesitancy and your desire for protection.  While you are here under my invitation, none will touch you or your guests unless they desire to be treated to reprimand.”  Her tone was soft and kind, but there was a steel in it that made the idea of ‘reprimand’ unpleasant.  She takes a sip of her wine and savors the taste with an “Aaaah, that is good vintage.” 

I am Gwindolyn            

Kevben Battleheart

~~Tirund Fal~~

Tirund was in the middle of writing notes, most of which were about today's exercise and how to avoid what had happened with the next batch of apprentices, when he felt a strong presence suddenly in his room. Closing the book and sighing, Tirund was about to start yelling at whoever had entered his room but when he looked up and saw that it was Gwindolyn and heard the song of the spiders, Tirund quickly stopped himself from what he was about to say and got up from his seat to kneel before his Ilharess. "You grace me with your presence. What is it that you seek of me and I will do my best to accomplish the task." he asked of her as he kept his eyes focused on the floor.

Tirund knew better than to anger Gwindolyn after all, if it wasn't for her, he wouldn't be where he was today. With everything she had given him, from his own space to almost any woman he could want, Tirund knew that he was deeply in debt to her and so did everything she asked of him, no matter how simple, how hard, or how degrading it was. He wondered what she would ask of him as he continued to stare down at the floor.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Gwindolyn

~ Gwindolyn ~

She walks about him to take a seat across from where he was sitting.  She leaves him there on the floor for a mere moment as she glances over the notes.  She replaces them and says "Join me."  She says it with many layers, but only leaves it to him mind to interrupt as 'at the table' for the moment.  The rest will be made clear shortly.  He rises and takes the seat across from her.  She takes a deep breath and the notes the air still smells of death and magic gone wrong.  It fits with the notes she saw. 

"Hmm.  You might consider taking it a bit easier on the males.  We are coming to combat soon.  They will meet their death fast enough then if they are not worthy and they will slow the forces as bumps in the road."  She turns her head to consider his eyes as she speaks.  She lets the hidden messages of her words sink through.  He didn't make it to his position in life by being stupid.  She had hoped he didn't take up that habit recently.  "I have put Mistress of Arms, my First Daughter, Iellwen in charge of tactics and plans.  Of course your might will be part of our arsenal.  You will work as her second in planning and logics.  I expect the two of you to not let our preparations be known to outside this house as you make us invulnerable.  I am already readying Lloth's favor for this event.  With Lloth's favor, we will be ready in time for the attack."

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

He jumps when she mentions the drow. He then takes a sip of the wine, enjoying it's taste. "This is pretty good." He admitted. "I have a question..." He began. "Do you know of a Raider Brotherhood named Sel'vaan?" He asked, speaking in surprisingly good elvish. He continued in his second language, going on to say "They are up north, along the ocean. It's far away, I know. Near an elvish bay town. I heard they are gaining popularity, so I was wondering if you knew anything about them..."

Drow Denizen

Quelthar - Elven Settlement

Quelthar had kept shadowing Freezya throughout the day, but when she had reached the palace his pursuit had ended. He did not wish to try and walk into her palace. Instead he spent his time watching the palace gates, memorizing the guards routines and watching for when his quarrel would emerge again.
He spent some time resting, finding a room in a tavern that overlooked the gates, making sure to pay the innkeeper in coins that hailed from surface lands.
In his room he studied his spells, modifying his illusory appearance so that he would look disheveled, muddied and injured.
He also prepared spells that would charm anyone he spoke to, making them more inclined to assist him and be sympathetic to him.
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Kevben Battleheart

~~Tirund Fal~~

Tirund continues to stay there, kneeling on the ground, until he heard Gwindolyn say for him to join her. He got up but thought on it for a moment, sensing multiple meanings in what she had said, and then went to sit back down where he was before she had appeared in his room and took another sip of the wine before she began to speak. He listened carefully and with all of his attention, sensing many hidden meanings in the words that she spoke, and as she looked into his eyes he only stared back blankly as his mind began to wander on the subject of a battle. It was the perfect time to try out some of the new spells he had been working on, and with a small smile he nodded his head at his Ilharess.

"You honor me with such an important position," he began as he was already formulating plans in his head in the short time since she had given him the news, "and I will suspend all of my research so that the males can act as a meat shield against the invading forces." He then began to think about why she would have her first daughter in charge of the tactics and planning but he quickly waved the thought away. "I look forward to working with your daughter. I'm sure with us working together the invaders will only come close, unless we need them to come close. This will not pass from my lips and I will give it my all, not just my best. With your leave, I will seek out your daughter and begin the preparations." he said as he waited for her approval.