News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mass Effect

Started by Destiny Ascension, September 16, 2008, 12:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

Ah, yeah, forgot about those.  Don't really use Gamer points though. Lol
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Inkidu

I still like doing it. I don't even have Xbox Live. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

KG

But you still get the points if you eventually sign up, Inki.

And the whole replaying thing can be a new game+ thing, too - things you couldn't do with your characters before, you can do relatively easily now.
In some games, you can't see everything in one playthrough, it's impossible - replaying lets you see lots more.
Mass Effect has a more limited version - you can unlock new abilities for your character and improve their versatility, based on achievements, and your characters may have conversation options that you were unable to use before you leveled up.
In addition, I might be wrong, but every character that joins your party joins with skills reset.  Sheppard aside, you can respec any character with as many points as they have.
Replaying ME is awesome. :3  Plus, only way to unlock higher difficulty levels.  To prove you're the hardest of core. >: D

Sabby

Awkward elevator rides... always entertaining.

Wrex "So Tali, who would win in a fight? You or Shepherd?"

Tali "Do ALL Krogans compare one another like that? Even friends?"

Wrex "Yeah"

Tali "..."

Inkidu

The elevator ride down to the Normandy's cargo hold is entirely too long.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Destiny Ascension

Quote from: aviationrox on September 18, 2008, 06:53:27 PM
So, they just up the difficulty?  There are no special items or anything that you can access on your second time through? 

I've done Easy- Insane difficulties(I was going for that cool avatar of N7 that yo get for completing the game on Insanity...apparently its just for the 360 *cry*).

The difference between difficulties is insanely obvious. One, you and your sheilds take more damage as you go. Secondly, your weapon does less damage or your enemy has better shields and defenses. And most obvious, in harder difficulties, enemies move around more like a tactical group. They move in groups from cover to cover to keep you from pinning a single target. They also try to surround you, and more notable still, they use abilities. Particularly Immunity, which gives them INSANE protection from damage(Took me 10 minutes to take down the 2 Krogans in the Breeding Facility tunnel just after the bomb was set up -_-).

Also, they'd never need to dumb it down for Shooter online. You could still keep the same level up and upgrading element, but just apply it to the online element. Mass Effects shooting and combat system is good enough, they'd never need to change anything to make it a great online shooter, IMHO.

Favorite Line: Tali: So Liara, all this exploration of lost Prothean technology is just like a regular adventure for you huh.

Liara: Our travels differ slightly from my regular adventures. I'd like to spend more time exploring, and fewer explosions.

Liara: Yeah...every piece of technology I was going to take back to the fleet, has subsequently tried to kill me.

ALSO! I think the elevator rides are fine, considering there are next to no loading screens in games, the elevator rides, especially on the Citadel, are awesome. :D
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Avi

Ah, okay.  Makes sense to try it on higher difficulties, then.  And by the way, since we're discussing dialogue...

Ashley, while on the snow planet (Noveria, me thinks): ... Nobody lick any poles.

Destiny Ascension

Liara on Virmire(After meeting with the STG): I can't figure out which is worse, the geth, or all this sand in my...uh..nevermind.

:P
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

magnamos

My Favourite is Joker after you barely escaped the exploding mine.

Joker:"Captain, that was a close call. The Normandy wasn't created to fly into Lava, our Sensorarray could melt..."

(Please note that this was translated from the german version and the original voiceact may differ)

Inkidu

No but I think Sensory array is two words.

You missed out on Seth Green as Joker. That was awesome.

My favorite line is pretty much anything Wrex says.

Sabby

"Pfft... size isn't everything"

"Why so touchy Joker?"

"Just saying! It needs firepower too"

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on September 19, 2008, 07:52:31 AM
"Pfft... size isn't everything"

"Why so touchy Joker?"

"Just saying! It needs firepower too"
XD I love that line.

You remember to zip up your flight suit after leaving the bathroom. That's good. I just jumped up halfway across the galaxy and landed up on a point the size of a pinhead. That's amazing.

magnamos

Now I feel fucked for having ther german version of the game. That wasn't as half as funny in the german version... :-\

Inkidu

Who the heck did they get to do Captain Anderson in the German version. Anyone but David Kieth seems sacrilegious.

magnamos

I'm not exactly sure but at some points he screwed up the voiceacting according to the mimic. The one time he tries to justify your actions in front of the human ambassador. The captain looks and acts self-confident and sure about your actions but he talks like a scared child in that scene.

Avi

Once again, on Noveria:

Mira: Online. How can I help you?
Commander Shepard: Activate the neutron purge.
Mira: I'm sorry, but I can't do that without proper code authorization.
Commander Shepard: Uh, sic semper tyrana-- *cough*
Mira: That is not the correct code, please report to security for arrest and interrogation.

I couldn't stop laughing. XD

At some point between missions... can't remember when.

Joker: I thought I was going to get a chance to put the Normandy through her paces.
Commander Shepard: Who knows Joker, maybe we'll get to play hide and seek with Sovereign.
Joker: You know it doesn't sound that much fun when you're saying it.

Sabby

I kept expecting Anderson to say something along the lines of "Now ya feelin' me mah niggas?"

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on September 19, 2008, 08:34:54 AM
I kept expecting Anderson to say something along the lines of "Now ya feelin' me mah niggas?"

Sabby

He plays Julias from Saints Row :P he said that a lot

Canuckian

The elevator rides on the 360 version should be getting shorter as the fall update will allow people to copy whole games to their 360s HD.  You still need the game disc in the machine to play it, but all the loading and seeking is done on the HD.

And there are too many great lines to pick just one as "the best" but it's a universal truth: everything Wrex says, ever, is made of pure win.

magnamos

Quote from: aviationrox on September 19, 2008, 08:32:05 AM
Once again, on Noveria:

Mira: Online. How can I help you?
Commander Shepard: Activate the neutron purge.
Mira: I'm sorry, but I can't do that without proper code authorization.
Commander Shepard: Uh, sic semper tyrana-- *cough*
Mira: That is not the correct code, please report to security for arrest and interrogation.

[...]

More holographic Fun on Ferox (I think it was Ferox). The Krogan is going ballistic on the holoemitter and doesn't notice you're actually right behind him. Suddendly the Hologramm tells him that he should step aside because others want to use the Terminal too. His expression and the way he turn around is like "lol wut !?! °_°"
I laughed really hard there.

Inkidu

Quote from: magnamos on September 19, 2008, 06:17:41 PM
More holographic Fun on Ferox (I think it was Ferox). The Krogan is going ballistic on the holoemitter and doesn't notice you're actually right behind him. Suddendly the Hologramm tells him that he should step aside because others want to use the Terminal too. His expression and the way he turn around is like "lol wut !?! °_°"
I laughed really hard there.
I remember that! I actually got up and relieved myself because I was literally going to piss my pants from laughter.

Avi

In some random elevator:

Kaidan: So, Garrus, any regrets about leaving C-Sec?
Garrus:  Chasing a rogue Spectre across the galaxy, with no regulations to get in the way?  Yeah.  I think that beats C-Sec.
Kaidan: Well, we don't lack for excitement, that's for sure.

Somehow, that summed up my whole perspective on the game.  Couldn't help but grin.

Inkidu

I remember the Master Specter level assault rifle. Thing fired for about a quarter of minute and the accuracy bar was full. They hit right on top of each other basically.

Destiny Ascension

I love the Colossus X Human Heavy Armor, that stuff is just plain killer. That armor should have a mounted gun on it, its so awesome...

...or at least a place to keep gatorade. :(

Seriously, the Krogan Heavy? 79 Damage protection...wao.

Yet somehow, Wrex died a lot... :\

My team= My femShepard - Soldier
Tali - Tech
Liara- Sexual Distraction and Biotic