Cats can control humans

Started by Serephino, May 12, 2010, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotoriusBEN

I feel so... used... by my roommate's cat...

Arion

A friend once had to explain the difference between cats and dogs to a kid.  His response:

A dog looks at a human and thinks "Gee, this person feeds me, gives me shelter, helps cure me when I'm sick, and loves me; they must be a god."

A cat looks at a human and thinks "Gee, this person feeds me, gives me shelter, helps cure me when I'm sick, and loves me; I must be a god."
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

Oniya

Or, as I heard it - Dogs have owners.  Cats have staff.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aviva

Aye cats have staff.

I have two males. One that I got for my birthday two years ago and a stray that sort of moved in after being dumped.

The stray comes and goes as pleases while the gift one spend smore time at home. Though ahs a habit of head butting me during the night when the food bowl is empty.
Back from a very long break.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Saerrael

I think after having grown up in a family that always had cats, sometimes 15 at the same time, and having 3 myself right now, I can honestly say that most cats own you, but that some do not. The ones that do not are either very well trained, are owned by people who connect with them one their own level or just do not care enough to actually bother.
From these, I have seen the first the most, the second hardly anywhere and the last once or twice.

Quote from: Braioch on May 13, 2010, 04:49:34 AM
I'm probably the only cat owner who isn't run by their cat o_0

I mean my friends and family frequently call me a big cat as it is, so my cat probably just views me as a bigger version of him......

>.>

Ahem, anyways, I usually just yell at him when he's being annoying and refuse to feed him until it's time. He was once a stray so he will eat everything in the bowl we put down because apparently he thinks it won't always be there, though he will constantly demand that it be there. Though he knows how to run my roommate quite well, he likes to play a game with him. He likes to meow very loudly when I'm asleep down the hall towards my room, my roomie will all but rush to feed him so that he doesn't wake my notoriously demonic in the morning self up. Though it's kind of russian roulette because if the cat wakes me up, he usually doesn't like me for the rest of the day ::)

Though he can tell when I'm in a good mood, and will ask for love then, usually by rubbing me gently, giving me the face and mewing, yes mewing, not meowing.

Also he talks to me, like he's a damn human.....

So yeah, I'm like the only person I know who really isn't run by their cat, odd as that is.....

/random rant

*grins* Probably ;)

Leo

Quote from: Oniya on June 27, 2010, 02:03:44 PM
Or, as I heard it - Dogs have owners.  Cats have staff.

In my experience, it's a little different. There are some dogs that will ruin your personal life, space, fun etc. etc. for attention 24/7 non-stop. At least cats just use you for food and water.

My ex had this cat and whenever I stayed at her place, I'd experience the cat using "the staff" at least once. But no big deal, really.

When I stayed at a friend's place I would often end up being the one awakened by a sticky, smelly, wet tongue all over my face in the mornings. Get jumped on by something about 75-80% of your weight, barked at, your hands and face licked and arms covered with traces of claws until you get up and take the damn dog out for a pee.

I'm certain this is because I spent too much time with the thing (even slept with it in my arms) and because its owner was just an irresponsible bum when it comes to the dog. But it was still an annoying bugger that dominated my life when I stayed there. This is why once I get that house with a large backyard, I'll buy this Anatolian dog I only know as Sivasian Kangal. Dunno if there is a proper English name it's known by. Doesn't bother you, always obeys, will die for you if it has to and the damn animal plays with you when YOU want to, not the other way around!
I'm not new. I just... lurk...

Polymorph

I used to have a cat called Ebony. She somehow learnt to use the doorknocker on the front door and would forever be going in and out of the house. Knocking on the door until I got up and let her in.

One day the knocking at the door started, but Ebony was sitting on my lap. I went to the door expecting to find someone there, but there was nobody. I looked down and the next door neighbours cat was sat there looking up. Ebony walked past me out the door, greeted the neighbour's cat and both cats went and sat down on the lawn together.

Exactly how she learnt this trick or apparently taught it to another cat is a mystery.

Lypiphera

....even know I feel the pull of the cat-control...

...The part at the bottom where it talks about 'purrs going unheard' made me sad XD!

Siegfried

Little quote for this thread:
"In ancient times, cats were worshiped as Gods.  They have not forgotten this."

My cat, Loki, reflects me in strange ways.  He's common to look at, you'd pass him by without even noticing he's there, but he's smart and friendly.  Once you get to know him, you never forget him.  But he does run my life: he eats before I do!

Chevalier des Poissons

My cat is ordered me to tell you all that cats are not controlling.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

TheAnimeFanGirl

My cat is very meowy when she's hungry or wants attention. Her cute face is impossible to ignore. My dad always gets pissed when he has to get up and feed her, so sometimes he asks me to do it if I'm in the kitchen.
Cid the Lilty ♥ Viraveth the Selkie

(PM me if you'd like to rp with me in instant messengers)

Characters I'd like others to rp as

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.