The Wizard's Folly, a DND Transformative game (LGQT+ Friendly) - >~*Full*~<

Started by Kimmy, March 05, 2017, 08:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmy

>~*We Are Currently Full with 6 PC's & 1 GM*~<

Yesterday life was simple. The village of Simpleton was a backwater, background farming village that sold grains and fruits to the Capitol, the City of Daymon. The people were simple minded folk who occasionally had children dreaming of big cities and far off exotic travels. But they mostly remained, living out a happy and quiet existence.

The world of Daymon's End is a high fantasy world filled with rich magics, monstrous creatures of all sorts - even a wild assortment of monstrous and humanoid races. Humans are not the most common- actually the Humans, Elves, Halfings and similar folk number some of the smallest. They fill an island archipelago rings by two crescent moons of land. Beyond these lands lay other continents that the more monstrous races have claimed. Once the world was dominated by one massive continent - and the 'common races' filled it, pushing all the monstrous folk who didn't look like them into the far off lands. Magic gushed through the world, far too easily and its mismanagement led to a planar war. Elementals, Angels, Devils and more filled the world with death and slaughter. What started as noble crusades soon engulfed the continent - and its people grew sick of war. A great pair of beings offered to end it all if they could claim a new land for themselves. Making a foolish deal, the leaders accepted the bargain from what would be realised as a demon pair.

The war was ended by a new land being summoned like a meteor from the sky. It's energy crashed over the land, sinking all the world below the ocean. Only those cities that made bargains or those that sensed the coming nightmare and crafted great magics would survive. The rest would drown...

What remained became islands - be they tips of old mountains or magically protected land. Some Druids vanished area and returned them. And so the common races survived... Though it is said that the dwarves found ways to protect their tunnels, reconnecting their underground mazes once more after the disaster. It's felt that dwarves are the richest races and often bear deep grudges for the little aid they gave in the coming days.

Where the new land fell, an island formed. A river fills it's Center, where the mass fracked from the impact. Across its Center is the City of Daymon - in truth they are twin cities, each residing on one half of the island. The Demon King and Demon Queen rule in each, often inventing strange laws as they quarrel endlessly. Here many great beings roam freely - leading to great chances for power and riches... And also great risks for ones body, mind and soul...

The Village of Simpleton is near the edge of this central island. The people living there enjoyed the life of background characters. Low def existences where danger is low - because a great Mage resides in a tower on the edge of the village, scaring away threats with his magics. The Great @cough-epic-cough@ Wizard Part'asti, who dreams of becoming more than mere human. He hopes to achieve immortality through transformation.

Of course he brings gold to the village - forever is he hosting noble parties or ordering simple objects made so he can enchant them for his clients or his whims. When he draws in his wealthy friends, they too splash their coin across the village. The village is known for its magically enriched fruits - and in particular the various alcoholic beverage they derive from them!
And that is why the wizard established himself here in the first place.

Today the world changed. Their low def world became crystal clear. People grew beautiful and strangely detailed. The wizard put out a call for heroes and heroines... And the whole village could feel the power of the narrative fall upon them. Strange things began to occur - crops vanished overnight... With trees transforming into strange new variations. Clouds brought a rain of corn kernels and a hailstorm of buttery globlets... The burning sun filled the streets with popped corn - which would of been nicer if their salt supply hadn't turned to Quartz...

The wizard has acquired a new artifact. He'd unlocked its secrets - hosting a grand ball within his tower to show off his treasure to the world's finest. He'd even ordered a herd of cattle for the feasting! But whilst the nobles arrived... The world went awry. And now his artifact, uncontained, wrought its magic freely. A Shard of Chaos ... The key to unlocking the most powerful transformative magics in all creation... And now their village was plagued by such changes randomly and freely... Heroes were needed to retrieve it so the wizard could lock away its power... Before they all awoke as a flock of geese or worse...

And with so much narrative potential... The village have volunteered their 'best' kin with the most 'potential' to save the day...

Welcome to being level 1 dupes. You've been volunteered because the village feels you are too much trouble, too unusual or just because you actually volunteered... The villagers mostly feel that heroics are dangerous and that this artifact will land whoever goes in as something awful and random and helpless...

The wizard's issue is all the changes - indeed the entire tower is are now a floating castle. Even the town has transformed with in, and they both float low in the heavens!Within the Tower's basement, where the Wizard performed all his research, is now a labyrinth - with areas that are caves and others with their own skies! His staff - why even his guests have been drawn inside the maze, transformed into its inhabitants. Why even the herd of cattle have gone missing! The wizard fears that his even magics and charms could not protect him - leaving him fearful that if he is changed, he won't be able to perform magics in his new form...

For the heroes, there are many concerns. Mice could be monsters... The guests will need help- but they may also be very dangerous in their new forms. And some of those guests are very important people - grudges and worse could come from their mistreatment and neglect... The shard has charged many areas or items, offering great power - and unknown changes to those who tread unwarily...

The wizard has designed a item to find the shard, even within its maze. But his ingredients are lost inside the maze. So he has given each of you charms and trinkets to help you find your way inside and aid you where he can. Of course... The shard makes even those items unstable...

As the maze should have few monsters, and many people needing more creative help than blades, the wizard forgo searching for known heroes. Instead he feels the villagers will provide him with what he needs...

So what do I need from you? I need a name, a race, a description and preferably some artwork. I'd also like a personality and a brief history. Feel free to be creative and ask me lots of questions. This world accommodates most races with planar and elemental influences being common in some areas that still survive from the planar war. And what sort of items would you like to bring or will your character insist on bringing into the labyrinth?

Don't worry much about stats, feats, classes etc. Your application will earn you bonuses. Extra dice for rolling stats (no point buy, I truly hate it), bonus skills or feats, extra equipment - I will even have a few special awards for the most interesting and amusing applications. These include a bonus level, a artifact, random magical items (truly random), cursed magical items - actually you will all start with 2 or 3 magical items from the wizard. Something to help you navigate the maze or locate something, something practical to use and perhaps a random bonus item. These won't be based on your starting level at all.
Some pathfinder elements will be available - most notably some base classes may be available and feats will be open for use. Though the rest I'll keep in DND 3.5ed. The game will run short combats, encompassing several rounds in each post if possible. Combat won't be the focus at all.

One of the most important things I need to know is what changes are you as a player comfortable and uncomfortable with. Also, what is your character comfortable and uncomfortable with? So I know how best I can thrill you both - and torment you and/or your character for my amusement. Consider gender changes, partial and complete changes, racial changes, monstrous beasts, soft furs, scaled hides, wings and tails, paws and long teeth... Planar influences and more... If there is a race or monster, you can end up as it. Some changes could also be class ability related or even complete new classes. Some changes will give you free skills and powers. Others will take it away. Some changes will be involuntarily - others voluntary. And mixing some will work miracles - mixing others will override previous ones.

Corruption of Champions is an influence and inspiration here - but I find that element too limited in scope. But bad ends will occur occasionally if desired. You can always fade to black too if something should happen but you don't desire to write it out.

Sexual elements will be open to use, but they aren't the main focus. But if I can say, I hope to inspire sexiness and risqué situations... But I'm not in it to rape you all endlessly. I get bored of smut Rp quickly unless story elements are the main focus. So consider that carefully before applying, lest you be bored and end up dissatisfied with my service.

Order of the Stick dialogue is perfectly acceptable - as is breaking the fourth wall, bad puns and silly humour. In fact humour is a good way to draw me into your ideas. As are creative use of bad stereotypes. :)

My last words are simple: Inspire me. If you can't, you won't find a place within my world at all.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] Approximate ages are fine if you don't know how long a race lives or how quickly they mature.
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Concept:[/b] Describe them in a nutshell.
[b]Race:[/b] Remember this world has areas affected by planar/elemental/Alignment magics, so many towns are like Tieflings, Aasimars and other plane touched races, or have mild ties to those sorts of natures & physical differences.
[b]Appearance:[/b] I'd like both a description and any artwork you might have. I'd also like to know what your character is wearing when they are relaxed at home/town/tavern etc and what they'd wear when preparing for an adventure.
[b]Personality:[/b] Tell me all about them - their likes, fears, strengths and weaknesses? More if you can. This detail will help us all thrive :)
[b]History:[/b] let me know about their past. This can be light if desired. I know I've got one person considering a past as a farmer so it doesn't have to be huge. But if you can tie in a theme from their past that I can play with in future encounters. I'll be consider such efforts favourably. It's the same with personality elements - if you like cake, I might have a princess transformed into the most perfect.. Most tempting cake you've ever seen since the Blamonge episode of Monty Python...
[b]Temptations:[/b] What elements might tempt your character into traps and mistakes? What rewards might I lace through the labyrinth? What horrors might I mask behind innocent facades? What tools can I play with as a GM.
[B]Transformations:[/b] Let me know what changes you'd be comfortable and uncomfortable with - racial, gender, class, physical, mental - can I make you into a dancer? A donkey? Give your charrie a big butt? Or horrible warts? Make them a witch? Or a monster? Must they remain humanoid in shape? Think beyond your limits and share what you can. Feel free to PM this part, so as to keep hidden things from other players. Actually you can pm other secrets too, if you'd like :) Is there something you'd hate to see or just dying to have done to your charrie? Even if it unreasonable, let me know and I'll see what I can do...

[b]Dream Sequence:[/b] I'd like to see a dream from each character. This is to help me develop an understanding for how each character thinks and perceives the world. Some of you will be asked to put specific elements into your dream as well. This can be used to hint at what changes you'd like to see. Or how you perceive something you'd like to become, so I can understand your ideal of it. Feel free to include artwork.

And remember, if you can inspire emotions in these sections, there are prizes to be awarded from me :) So show off and give me some fun reading!

]Kimmy

P.S. this is written upon my IPad as I've moved house and no other internet yet. Forgive the mistakes but I don't enjoy proof reading upon my iPad so I tend to skim and skip bits in my displeasure haste...
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Sain

Hey Kimmy :-)

This just ticks all my boxes. Gonna start thinking what concept to start with.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Jr

You can count me in for this. I've already got a couple of concepts in mind.

Kimmy

Interest already is a good sign that what I've written might make sense... I have just moved house and wrote this whilst collapsed... Do let me know if I'm incoherent...

To answer someone's PM: "What party size am I looking for?"

A party for now. 4-6 players most likely. I'll see how the rate flows. This game is quickly designed and more for silliness and transformations than anything too serious, though it is set inside a game world I've fully designed, so seriousness can be attended too as required.

The Starting level will mostly be one.

And to answer another thought - On game balance, I am used to GMing games that don't require any balance. So I tend to reward my players and theme them towards different functions, themes and aspects. One character might have more equipment, another a powerful race, another has a race strong enough to take up all their class levels, another an artifact, another has companions/familiars/beasts... The last might have more levels than you all. The idea is you don't have to be balanced to indeed be a good mix. Paranoia and rifts comes to mind, but so does Pern And other free form games.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

LordRod

Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Muse

I'd love to play, Kimmy!  Let me think on a good charater.  (Or should I say, base character!) and see if there's someone i want to interact with. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Aeval

Please count me in. This is a bit new to me but I promise to do my best! Will be thinking about and putting together a character!!

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Kimmy

The response is overwhelmingly positive - with pm's and more messages beside :) Thankies all!

I've added an RTJ form above, with a few extra thoughts added in. Specifically each character application will need a little dream sequence. I will talk to you all about what to put into them if you'd like, but it helps me see your writing style and inner workings of your charries mind.

Also to answer more PMs - this will be a system light game, where powers and talents will more often be assigned by me, written with plain clear language. This means players tend to be very creative with the gifts I give them - they are more open to interesting and alternative uses than anything from the rule books. But I enjoy that unexpected style of play and I'm not fussed about balance. It isn't up to a game designer to decide if my players are overshadowing one another. It's up to me as a GM to work with my players so we can each shine and sparkle!

When I can find it, we'll have a world map up too with notes on it. :)

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] Approximate ages are fine if you don't know how long a race lives or how quickly they mature.
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Concept:[/b] Describe them in a nutshell.
[b]Race:[/b] Remember this world has areas affected by planar/elemental/Alignment magics, so many towns are like Tieflings, Aasimars and other plane touched races, or have mild ties to those sorts of natures & physical differences.
[b]Appearance:[/b] I'd like both a description and any artwork you might have. I'd also like to know what your character is wearing when they are relaxed at home/town/tavern etc and what they'd wear when preparing for an adventure.
[b]Personality:[/b] Tell me all about them - their likes, fears, strengths and weaknesses? More if you can. This detail will help us all thrive :)
[b]History:[/b] let me know about their past. This can be light if desired. I know I've got one person considering a past as a farmer so it doesn't have to be huge. But if you can tie in a theme from their past that I can play with in future encounters. I'll be consider such efforts favourably. It's the same with personality elements - if you like cake, I might have a princess transformed into the most perfect.. Most tempting cake you've ever seen since the Blamonge episode of Monty Python...
[b]Temptations:[/b] What elements might tempt your character into traps and mistakes? What rewards might I lace through the labyrinth? What horrors might I mask behind innocent facades? What tools can I play with as a GM.
[B]Transformations:[/b] Let me know what changes you'd be comfortable and uncomfortable with - racial, gender, class, physical, mental - can I make you into a dancer? A donkey? Give your charrie a big butt? Or horrible warts? Make them a witch? Or a monster? Must they remain humanoid in shape? Think beyond your limits and share what you can. Feel free to PM this part, so as to keep hidden things from other players. Actually you can pm other secrets too, if you'd like :) Is there something you'd hate to see or just dying to have done to your charrie? Even if it unreasonable, let me know and I'll see what I can do...

[b]Dream Sequence:[/b] I'd like to see a dream from each character. This is to help me develop an understanding for how each character thinks and perceives the world. Some of you will be asked to put specific elements into your dream as well. This can be used to hint at what changes you'd like to see. Or how you perceive something you'd like to become, so I can understand your ideal of it. Feel free to include artwork.

And remember, if you can inspire emotions in these sections, there are prizes to be awarded from me :) So show off and give me some fun reading!

Kimmy

Because I like to inspire, here's a little poem from me:

The minidress her shape revealed,
With panties not too well concealed.
Cassandra rather liked the fit;
It hugged her curves, from ass to tit,
Although it was a pain to zip –
So tight, the fabric just might rip!
Then, down toward her knees it wrapped
Until her thighs were firmly trapped!
Now calves and ankles, too, were caught,
Despite how hard she fussed and fought!
With legs so very tightly bound,
She feared she'd topple to the ground!
But, no - she balanced perfectly;
As upright as a rooted tree.
The fear subsided, as she stood.
Her pressed-together legs felt good!
Where once were toothpicks, pale and weak,
She had a body long and sleek,
Strong-muscled, swift and luscious green -
Well-camouflaged, and serpentine.
No high-heeled, pointy, painful shoes!
No home-from-work-and-footsore blues!
Her bosom swelled within her bodice;
Somehow, she'd become a goddess!
Cassandra didn't know, or care
That great eyes fixed her, with their stare.
The serpent king, he truly knew
Her transformation wasn't through.
He contemplated her new life
As serpent queen, his loving wife!

I'll give a free potion to the player who first guesses the Disney movie that inspired it.

Muse

Really cute poem! 

All i can compare it to though, is Jafar's tranformation at the end of Aladin. 

And, of course, one of the rules from Eric's Evil Overlord List:  "No matter what, I will not turn into a snake.  It never helps." 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jr

Hmm. It is a snake transformation, but I think the motive is important, too. Was there a movie where someone was transformed to serve the villain in some way? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's kind of a reversal of The Little Mermaid.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest for this :). Here comes my char and I hope he inspires some laughs (or fun ideas) Kimmy;

Name: Jason Stonard
Class: Incarnate/Binder (aiming for midnight occultist if GM approves it)
Concept: A humble young man who rebels against his celestial origins and against calling of a hero
Race: Aasimar
Appearance: While on home he looks like this but on soulmelds and on adventure he looks like this. But if entering midnight occultist he can look something like this regular day basis also.
History&Personality: Jason is humble stonemason who had got strict religious training at local church of saints (simply religion which worships heroes of noble deeds). His father and all his ancestors to point where world was drowned had been stonemasons and his mother is nun attending in the church. But as he was born, his father started suspect one the saints may had 'popped' him from the side. As Jason was nothing like his father; slim, delicate in build and frame, strong like him for sure and years working as stonemason has made him healthy. However as he grew he did not get any masculine properties....instead he turned more femine! He was pretty boy! That pet name is enough drive him to fury to crush and bash heads in with his hammer! Sadly rather becoming competent wielding it!

Jason voice and looks all indicate he is female (and he also prefers wear comfortable loose robes in home as well), so his gender is often mistaken until he disrobes completely. Because of his delicate angelic features he has decided to rebel against his noble celestial heritage! Show middle finger for knightly virtues and sense of order and law! To be unsaint like whenever he can! However problem is; he is by his very core nature kind and nurturing and has natural nobillity in his heart....but at times he comes self-concious about it and starts act opposite just spite to the heavens which had spawned him!

Then the chaos and transformations begun....then something in that wild magic turned Jason into beacon which draws in noble and good souls; float and course through him and whisper to his ears heroics....despite all loud cursing and acting deaf to them! His natural affinity empowered his beacon like properties and whispers drove him nuts! So discovering ancient secrets of communing with spirits from local shaman (a local crazy hermit, even Simpleton haves those) whom he confessed his troubles, then told about pact magic and it be the way help guide him control whispers in his head....or rather bring company to the souls flocking to him and make them 'chat' with entities inside him than to him. So he studied arts of binder and his strong of will and determination drew attention of potent vestige sponsorship.

He was then recommended to take mage's task; he was hero material after all as very souls of the saints answer his call and he is able call on ancient pacts to forge bonds with said saints! Neither of those talents he had advertised nor used as much (albeit admitedly he has used them to some effect make everyday life easier as stonemason). He refused first, but when mage himself called for his talents as stonemason he came, only realize later the damn mage had tricked him! He did not summon him to repair his wall; but to go the damn labyrinth! Damn it!
Temptations: A chance to act 'evil' can tempt him to do evil things. As mentioned he is good to fault, but if invited to do some chaotic or evil deed he may be tempted to do it. But he does these things out of spite for his heritage than truly desiring to cause harm, so if evil or chaotic deed is something which does not cause physical harm, he likely does it. Also some temptations are driven by vestiges influences (bad pacts and such) and also both IC and OOC my chars can be tempted with sexual/carnal pleasures  ::)
Transformations: I prefer remain roughly humanoid form (not against having lower body as snake, camel or horse or arms or head similar to animal). Not against changing gender (albeit Jason is by definition a trap) or becoming futa. But as seen with midnight occultist effects on binding vestiges and on potential third everyday form as one, I am not against freaky 'chimera monster' forms. Also any sexual related effects (like amount of cum or effect of it or fertility etc) are all good (I did play more than once Corruption of Champions).

Dream Sequence: Artwork wise
this
comes to my mind when descriping entity which my char sees in dream; dream when he questions his heritage or has desire for against rebelling it. Once he sees that entity floating towards him, offering a apple, he runs but he
falls
and feels falling through distorted/warped world (falling into rabbit hole) until he lands upon
pond filled with nymphs
who then open arms welcome him join them and he frolics with them but then suddenly he is chained upon bed and instead nymphs cornered by
succubi who ride and use him
. He then feels the succubi suck both life and good from him and leave just dark ravenous beast behind who then turns tables on them and ravages and devours them instead.

Muse

This isn't finished by a long shot, but is a work in progress posted so I don't loose anything: 

Name:   Berthram "The Pedestrian"

Class:   Fighter

Concept:   An educated farm boy who left to see the world as part of a mericnary company called The Crimson Century.  He returned four years later, having made his fortune, hoping to woo his childhood sweetheart.
   Berthram will be Alice in this wonderland.   Grounded in what he considers reality, he will be the rather dizzy hint of normal perspective that reminds us how out of whack everything is. 

Race:   Plain old vanilla human. 

Appearance: Berthram is tall (6'5"), broad shouldered, and beefy.  He has short honey blond curls and a beard he keeps close cropped and shaped. 
   During his time in the Crimson Century, Berthram's kit--an update of the old imperial legionaries--involves a suit of full mail, a large rectangular shield, and a gladius. 

Personality:
   Berthram is friendly and cheerful.  He is assertive and confident.  When he woos a woman or tells a joke he does so with confidence, and acedes in good grace if the joke proved bad or the kiss unwanted. 
   Berthram is couragous, willing to put forth his best effort--even risking his life--to protect a friend or an inocnet. 
   Berthram is inquisitive.  He reads whenever he can. He asks questions of experts, sometimes astute, others dense, but believes there are no stupid questions. 
   Berthram is playful. 

History: Second son of a farmer here in Simpleton, Berthram was a hard worker growing up.  He leared fast that if he wanted to play with his friends or get reading lessons from his uncle--a local preist--he had to finish his chores quikcly and effectiently. 
   His family had vegtable gardens where they used a traditional halfling method of growing sqaush, beans and corn in the same patch to keep the soil rich.  They had large fields of grains--wheat, barely and spelt.  They also grew a bit of tocacco as a cash crop and to keep the insects at bay. 
   His friends were mixed in age, gender, and race.  They included an older girl who liked to makke up and tell stories--Kilminee.  There were half elf twin brothers with whom he liked to play swords.  There was a halfing boy named Jerry, who liked to play ball and darts.  There was also a beautiful younger girl named Ti, who was only there in January because she traveled with her father, a silk merchant. 
   When Ti was thirteen, Bertram--whom she called Ram--was falling in love with her.  They shared their first kisses together. 
   Berthram knew that Ti would be marrying beneath her station if he asked her to wed him.  He came up with the ambition to find the money to buy a cider mill, knowing it would put them on closer to equal social footing, and that he'd be able to entrust it to an employ for a time and travel with her. 
   At sixteen, a mercinary company called The Crimson Century was in town doing work for the Wizard.  Berthram impressed their leader, Luc the Centurion, enough to earn membership.  He spent the next four years traveling the world, learnign the sword, and earning enoguh of a fortune to buy his own orchard and cidred press. 
   His friends in the Century nicknamed him, "Pedestrian," becuase he was tireless on the march. 
   "I learned a lot of things in the Century," Berthram could explain, "I think the most important one was that to suceed in any endeavor you must find the most rational strategy to solving a problem, and then you must work in concert with your team to apply it." 

Temptations:

Transformations:

Dream Sequence:

Kimmy

On the inspirational movie, my poem was inspired by a Disney movie sequel? Since it might be a little hard to guess so I'll come up with some new challenges shortly. But I'll offer another clue - it involves princesses.

Well since I've gotten most of my applications over Skype & PMs, I'll give you some updates-
Sain has offered me a beautiful Gunslinger which I'm finding too tempting. Aeval is working on a merchant who has passed through the fey land at least once, expressing interest in fairy transformations. Which give me delightful excuses to use illusions, riddles, pacts and fey transformations... Zaer, your Angel is also very tempting- I just want to tempt them into all the folly ^_^ And you were the first to get a sheet up in the thread so I'll have to throw you a bonus prize. Muse, we've already discussed things and well, I'm beginning to see it coming through in what you've been presenting.

For me this means I've already got enough players to form a party, though I am looking to take a couple more so don't panic yet. Another female character would be looked upon favorably. Perhaps a masculine lass to offset the feminine lads I've been presented?

I will open up one last character idea - a party guest or servant sucked into the labyrinth by some means (misfortune as it reshape do around them or magical lures, maybe they had a rendevo or such...) so that might inspire another idea or two.

I'm going to work with players to create some traits and a flaw based off their character application.

Muse: your lad worked for the Crimson Sword, so one trait would be starting with a full set of equipment. Armor, sword and shield. Another would be a merchantile/farming background. So free ranks in Profession Merchant and Farmer, a bonus to knowledge nature and such. I will also include a stash of local produce for your character to use/share/sell.

Now for a flaw, that might be the reason you left the Crimson Century. I was thinking that as your character is level 1, they probably didn't spend 4 years as a soldier, perhaps just one or two, mostly training and then doing quiet guarding work. For this region there aren't orcs and goblins - this is the central island where demons and outsiders rule. The majority of races are just plain humanoids, so mercenaries would do a lot of guard roles - being more concerned about thieves and drunks than fights. Anything serious will be handled or caused by true monsters and way above your pay grade. But you've also left the Crimson Century so there was probably an incident - a battle or monster/devil/?? that scared quite a few Crimson Century into leaving the ranks. Or maybe you were the only survivor? Also consider if the CC let you leave with the gear or if they want it back - making your (current) face troublesome in the capital.

I'm planning that the second part of this campaign will be moving between the Wizards tower and the capital- exploring the political nightmare that is twin cities ruled by a Demon Queen and Demon King, whom love each other as much as they hate each other. A common law that is temporarily imposed is only males can enter the King's city and only females into the Queens (there is a merchant town inbetween the two cities that offers safe haven to both genders - but also grossly overcharges for everything, especially for beds and rooms).

I'd advise a few pcs to look at the disguise skill - it might be appropriate to your concept and useful later. I'd also advice a few to avoid it, because that's half the fun!

Be creative and remember that traits and flaws are plot hooks. The Crimson Century could be a troublesome group Muse's farmer will have to handle. They probably have staff lost in The dungeon - who might resent Muse's lad because of "the incident". Or want to blackmail him since he fled with all the gear. Or think that he is still a member and their subordinate? Plot hooks galore! The farming background also means I can setup challenges that unusual - drinking competitions, getting a monster with a 25 constitution stoned or drunk becaus they've heard it's so much fun and never can... Helping the local inhabitants grow some produce inside the labyrinth and planning their fields? All sorts of odd challenges :) So consider what odd things I might be able to turn into fun.

Zaer: Jason looks like a lot of fun to have about. He certainly passes my standard for an application- and I particularly liked the use of imagery throughout the application. I'm too tired to think, but I'll offer thoughts tomorrow on fitting them into the world and refining/expanding any points. :)

I'm  very tempted to accept the four characters I've already gotten and they are mostly only half written. Thats only half the number I need, so don't panic if you've not even found this thread yet nor applied (because we all obviously read threads from the future...)

Tomorrow I'll put up stat rolling methods and other info too. Now to pass out some...

VonDoom

I was going to offer up my gnome raised elven circus charlatan who pretends to great wizardry and is entirely too loquacious for his own good, but it sounds like you're full up on males! He's not girly, if that helps, and gnomish cuisine has put some hair on chest and chin, but I could propose a female character instead if there is great need.

Edit:
This, by the way, is what I had prepared so far for my charlatan guy. Unfinished, but should give some idea about the character.

Edmund Aelvson
This character was conceived as a Pathfinder Investigator, but could conceivably work as a Rogue, Bard or, if more obscure 3.5 classes are fine, very well as a  Factotum from the Dungeonscape supplement.

Name: Edmund Aelvson
Class: PF Investigator or Rogue or Factotum
Concept: Great and Mighty Wizard Mountebank, Swindler, Circus Performer.
Race: High Elf raised on Gnomish Cooking (puts hair on chest and chin!)
Appearance:
Personality: Edmund Aelvson. Self-declared master wizard. A loquacious wonder, showoff extraordinaire and pathological liar, he is highly intelligent and verbose. Edmund has taken to the grand dramatics of the circus and made them his own, adopting a rather eccentric appearance and mannerisms that make all but certain he stands out in any locale he deigns to visit.

He has a penchant for lying whenever he opens his mouth and the very wizard-like  ability to think himself the smartest person in any given room and talk down to others accordingly.

All of this can make him rather obnoxious, but as a born showman, his actions are as much intended to entertain as to confuse those he intends to take advantage of. His keen wit often allows him to pick out who might be amused rather than annoyed by his antics and those he makes his allies.

His own motivations are as one might expect: he likes to soak up attention, he likes to feel clever and is quick to apply his skills and mind to try and solve problems presented to him, assuming that he feels doing so is to his advantage (of course, considering how he thrives on attention, it's surprisingly easy to motivate him).

A strong penchant to travel and curious streak have turned him into an adventurer -- wealth and a magical trinket or two are a strong lure as well, he isn't altruistic by any means, but he generally prefers to avoid or circumvent danger than face it -- when he has no other choice, he tends to err on the side of bluster: talking a lot and acting like he has little if anything to fear.
History: Found alone and taken in as an infant by a wandering circus, the Moonglow Circus Troupe, the young elf was raised by their ring leader, a kindly gnome named Scratch Moonglow. It was he who gave him his name, Edmund, though the wizened gnome often called him his 'elf son' instead -- Edmund used this as a point of inspiration to adopt the moniker 'Aelvson' when he took to traveling later in life.

As Edmund grew older it became painfully obvious that he lacked the magical talent of his brethren despite his particularly keen mind, so after many frustrations trying to learn from his foster father he received tutelage from another member of their troupe: Zhree, a goblin and alchemist. It was she who awakened his interest in alchemy and the many applications thereof, even as he spent much time learning from the other members of their illustrious assembly - in time, he even perfected his own act, acting as secondary ring master during parts of their show and performing various 'magic' tricks that were anything but.

However, the wish set out on his own and see where his luck and wits might get him, grew stronger and stronger and eventually he decided to part from his rather odd family-replacement and set about traveling on his own. On his way, he tricked, swindled, bamboozled and occasionally even helped out those he met. Between then and the present, he collected all manner of oddities and mostly useless trinkets to make up stories about -- which is precisely why he was 'volunteered' by the village. It was either that or prison after his 'patented hair-growing elixir' turned out to have the exact opposite effect (and cause rashes to boot!).
Temptations: Oh, the many ways. Edmund is so over-curious that the statement about the curious cat might as well be replaced by the curious elf. Gold? Yes, please! Shiny trinkets or potions of dubious nature? Sure, though he might try to get someone else to sample them first or sneak it into their food if he's sure that it's at least not poisonous.  Pretty women or dashing men? Why not, life's short! Alcoholics or fine food? Sign him up! He likes his life and experiences to be interesting. He's a super-long lived elf with the mentality of a much shorter-lived race due to how he was raised. Boredom and ennui, which are creeping in after the first one-hundred years, are the enemy.
Transformations:

Dream Sequence:
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Kimmy on March 06, 2017, 02:00:39 AM
Because I like to inspire, here's a little poem from me:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The minidress her shape revealed,
With panties not too well concealed.
Cassandra rather liked the fit;
It hugged her curves, from ass to tit,
Although it was a pain to zip –
So tight, the fabric just might rip!
Then, down toward her knees it wrapped
Until her thighs were firmly trapped!
Now calves and ankles, too, were caught,
Despite how hard she fussed and fought!
With legs so very tightly bound,
She feared she'd topple to the ground!
But, no - she balanced perfectly;
As upright as a rooted tree.
The fear subsided, as she stood.
Her pressed-together legs felt good!
Where once were toothpicks, pale and weak,
She had a body long and sleek,
Strong-muscled, swift and luscious green -
Well-camouflaged, and serpentine.
No high-heeled, pointy, painful shoes!
No home-from-work-and-footsore blues!
Her bosom swelled within her bodice;
Somehow, she'd become a goddess!
Cassandra didn't know, or care
That great eyes fixed her, with their stare.
The serpent king, he truly knew
Her transformation wasn't through.
He contemplated her new life
As serpent queen, his loving wife!

I'll give a free potion to the player who first guesses the Disney movie that inspired it.
Great fit with the name, the slinky look and dress, the hypnotic gaze, etc...  She's not from a movie though, unless you count the "Zero to Hero" pilot as a movie.
The lines about shoes made me think of Cinderella, which also featured transformations like mice-to-men and others. But I think not.
I kind of want it to refer a gender-swapped Mowgli with Kaa as the serpent king, but it obviously doesn't.
I can think of no Disney movie where a female character wears either high heels or a miniskirt/dress... 

VonDoom

Perhaps Jasmine? Jafar certainly had his hypnotic snake staff and draped her in his (red) colors.

O&O

Sain

VonDoom is joining :3 -> Happy Sain

Also Zaer, since when did you start playing traps ;D Lemme know if you want to play any such characters elsewhere too ;)

I got my application pretty finished, but still ironing out some things with Kimmy. Also making a trap - a gunslinger trap.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Sain on March 07, 2017, 04:07:48 PM
Also Zaer, since when did you start playing traps ;D Lemme know if you want to play any such characters elsewhere too ;)

I just decided to try something different :P. Plus it's hard to find good aasimar male pics and more like the pics I found for female char....so decided on then spot what is my char's quirky issue; that he is far too pretty to be a guy (and it's his berserk button if someone points it out on him and thus easily provoked to murderous rampage if monster thinks to rape 'her'). He is heterosexual (perhaps borderline bi as I have no issue with futas and taking from behind from them but not from men).

Or perhaps Pale's influence starts rub on me :P

Aeval

I know I am not finished with my character build- just wanted to post what I have. Will finish this tonight.

Name Vartiter (named by her mother who died shortly after she was born. It means Rose Butterfly: her mother wanted her life to be free of   
                                sadness,evil and Danger).
Age17- she will turn 18 in 2 weeks which is very significant for her although she does not know it for neither her mother nor father shared with
                        her that her maternal grandmother was Fey- a Sorceress- and that on her 18th birthday her powers would begin to appear.
Class Swashbucker, gaining her first level of sorceress on her 18th birthday.
Concept Far travelled heir to a silk merchant soon to turn Sorceress on her 18th birthday
Race She believes she is simply human and she will shortly find out she is Fey
AppearanceLong reddish brown hair. Ti is usually in an appropriate dress, however, this picture shows her on the last voyage where she was required to help Captain the ship as her father was sickly.
Personality A joyful girl, well loved by her father but exacting in her role as a silk merchant when her father needed her. Left to herself, she is
                          quiet and shy, having little experience in love, save for her childhood friend ‘Ram’.
History Her father was a silk merchant and her mother’s family sold silk- this is how they met. Her mother sailed with her father for 10 years. During that time they tried to have a child and almost despairing of it every happening until finally, her mother fell pregnant. They made their home in Simpleton to wait for their daughter’s birth. Mother died a few days after childbirth. Vartiter, or Ti, as her father called her, grew up on the sea returning to Simpleton every January for a month. They were neighbor’s to Bertram’s family and he became her fast friend. She called him ‘Ram’ because he would run and jump in the bales of hay on his family’s farm when they were little and she couldn’t pronounce his name. As teens, he was her first kiss. Then he left to find his fortune when she was 14 and she did not see him again. On this most recent sailing with her father, he fell ill to consumption. Ti took over as Captain of the ship and sailed them home where her father died. It has been 2 weeks since his death. At the funeral, she saw Ram for only a few brief moments. Ti is grief stricken and unsure as yet what her future will be.
Temptations  Ti has always been a 'good girl' always following the rules and requests of her father. Now, without parents, she is an orphan and like a ship without a sail. She could be tempted from all  manner of things, especially if they are cloaked in an appearance to do good. She is naive and easily tricked.
Transformation Anything Fairy is very acceptable. I would like to remain in some semblance of human form, however, if she is transformed into a winged horse and then can be transformed back to a Fairy- either by winning a quest or finding a magic spell or solving a riddle, that would be fine.
Dream Ti often sees her grandmother in her dreams. She knew her for only a short time but remembers the smells of her kitchen, her singing and her lovely garden. Ti recalls walking out to the garden one time with her grandmother and watching as the older women picked herbs. Ti was around 4 and decided to pick herbs also. As she picked one in particularly, her fingers began to tingle and before she knew it her grandmother screamed at her and knocked the herb out of her fingers. Ti looked astonished and then began to cry as her grandmother never yelled at her. Grandma scooped her into her arms and explained that some things in the garden were not to be touched and this one plant- ni..... (Ti could NEVER remember the full name of the herb, no matter how many times she had the dream) was one of those plants. Ti also remembered watching and being fascinated as her Grandmother would grind the herbs and mix them and add liquid with some of the herbs bubbling over or having a terrible smell. She remembered hearing whispers of townspeople coming to her Grandmother and asking her for something and Grandmother giving them a small bag or bottle of something and them giving her a chicken, eggs and on the rare occasion, coin.

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

jeflint

I hope you don't mind, I'm kinda interested in this game but when you say Transformative do you mean that towards the characters, the world or both?

I'm a long time D&D GM and Player and the idea of a transformative game is very interesting to me and I thought I'd ask before seeing if you still had room for another member of the party.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Kimmy

Quote from: jeflint on March 08, 2017, 04:34:49 AM
I hope you don't mind, I'm kinda interested in this game but when you say Transformative do you mean that towards the characters, the world or both?

I'm a long time D&D GM and Player and the idea of a transformative game is very interesting to me and I thought I'd ask before seeing if you still had room for another member of the party.

That's a question I can take in many different ways. The transformations are mostly character based at first. However, if we move past the wizard's basement, then you open up a political campaign where both species & gender will play importance to each problem. Transformations will continue - though perhaps in a slightly different manner. But you'd also be working on troubles surrounding the King n Queen of the world. They essentially own it - so your actions, influences & consequences would have transformative effects on my game world.

Also the Wizard's dungeon will shape itself about your playing styles and influences. So I am not exactly sure if I should say your transformative natures will effect the world, but I'd like to say as such. Perhaps not as complete shaping as some campaigns offer though. You will have chances to meeting and influence gods and the like as well - in both halves of the campaign. Certainly I'll expect help in designing some pantheons (until we have a full set I'll draw from Forgotten realms and allow you to suggest overs freely. I run the idea that dieties are localised to area/cities/nations/continents etc - though a diety might have different levels of influences on many different realms.) and here they often, walk amongst mortal's. So meeting them is more common than most world's. Imagine a sermon lead by a diety directly!

And yes, I currently have 4 applications I'd like to accept and I'd like at least 2-4 more beyond these. So please send me a application if you feel this style works for you. Over the weekend I'll provide updates and make allowances for the first couple of applications I've gotten.

jeflint

Awesome! This sounds exactly like the type of D&D game I'd be down for.

I'll see what I can whip up here shortly and get it to you.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

VonDoom

Quote from: VonDoom on March 07, 2017, 10:27:04 AM
I was going to offer up my gnome raised elven circus charlatan who pretends to great wizardry and is entirely too loquacious for his own good, but it sounds like you're full up on males! He's not girly, if that helps, and gnomish cuisine has put some hair on chest and chin, but I could propose a female character instead if there is great need.

Edit:
This, by the way, is what I had prepared so far for my charlatan guy. Unfinished, but should give some idea about the character.

Edmund Aelvson
This character was conceived as a Pathfinder Investigator, but could conceivably work as a Rogue, Bard or, if more obscure 3.5 classes are fine, very well as a  Factotum from the Dungeonscape supplement.

Name: Edmund Aelvson
Class: PF Investigator or Rogue or Factotum
Concept: Great and Mighty Wizard Mountebank, Swindler, Circus Performer.
Race: High Elf raised on Gnomish Cooking (puts hair on chest and chin!)
Appearance:
Personality: Edmund Aelvson. Self-declared master wizard. A loquacious wonder, showoff extraordinaire and pathological liar, he is highly intelligent and verbose. Edmund has taken to the grand dramatics of the circus and made them his own, adopting a rather eccentric appearance and mannerisms that make all but certain he stands out in any locale he deigns to visit.

He has a penchant for lying whenever he opens his mouth and the very wizard-like  ability to think himself the smartest person in any given room and talk down to others accordingly.

All of this can make him rather obnoxious, but as a born showman, his actions are as much intended to entertain as to confuse those he intends to take advantage of. His keen wit often allows him to pick out who might be amused rather than annoyed by his antics and those he makes his allies.

His own motivations are as one might expect: he likes to soak up attention, he likes to feel clever and is quick to apply his skills and mind to try and solve problems presented to him, assuming that he feels doing so is to his advantage (of course, considering how he thrives on attention, it's surprisingly easy to motivate him).

A strong penchant to travel and curious streak have turned him into an adventurer -- wealth and a magical trinket or two are a strong lure as well, he isn't altruistic by any means, but he generally prefers to avoid or circumvent danger than face it -- when he has no other choice, he tends to err on the side of bluster: talking a lot and acting like he has little if anything to fear.
History: Found alone and taken in as an infant by a wandering circus, the Moonglow Circus Troupe, the young elf was raised by their ring leader, a kindly gnome named Scratch Moonglow. It was he who gave him his name, Edmund, though the wizened gnome often called him his 'elf son' instead -- Edmund used this as a point of inspiration to adopt the moniker 'Aelvson' when he took to traveling later in life.

As Edmund grew older it became painfully obvious that he lacked the magical talent of his brethren despite his particularly keen mind, so after many frustrations trying to learn from his foster father he received tutelage from another member of their troupe: Zhree, a goblin and alchemist. It was she who awakened his interest in alchemy and the many applications thereof, even as he spent much time learning from the other members of their illustrious assembly - in time, he even perfected his own act, acting as secondary ring master during parts of their show and performing various 'magic' tricks that were anything but.

However, the wish set out on his own and see where his luck and wits might get him, grew stronger and stronger and eventually he decided to part from his rather odd family-replacement and set about traveling on his own. On his way, he tricked, swindled, bamboozled and occasionally even helped out those he met. Between then and the present, he collected all manner of oddities and mostly useless trinkets to make up stories about -- which is precisely why he was 'volunteered' by the village. It was either that or prison after his 'patented hair-growing elixir' turned out to have the exact opposite effect (and cause rashes to boot!).
Temptations: Oh, the many ways. Edmund is so over-curious that the statement about the curious cat might as well be replaced by the curious elf. Gold? Yes, please! Shiny trinkets or potions of dubious nature? Sure, though he might try to get someone else to sample them first or sneak it into their food if he's sure that it's at least not poisonous.  Pretty women or dashing men? Why not, life's short! Alcoholics or fine food? Sign him up! He likes his life and experiences to be interesting. He's a super-long lived elf with the mentality of a much shorter-lived race due to how he was raised. Boredom and ennui, which are creeping in after the first one-hundred years, are the enemy.
Transformations:

Dream Sequence:
Any thoughts on my query, Kimmy? Should I finish up Edmund, or switch over and propose a female character instead?

O&O

Chulanowa

Interested, just need a bit of time to sit down and gather up some scattered ideas

Edit; I've got my idea, and no time to type it all up tonight. But we're going to add a local girl to the cast  ;D