17th Century Fantasy Historical Intrigue Courtly Setting Solo Pairing (FXM)

Started by AmberStarfire, September 01, 2015, 06:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

(Story idea reserved)

Hmmm, how to explain exactly what I'm looking for.

I used to GM a lot of 7th Sea, if you've ever played it. It's a system game with swashbuckling and sorcery, romance and intrigue. It's not what I'm looking for here, but there was a character I played in a game I ran several years ago. The best way I could describe her is a mistress of intrigue. She was a Montaigne (French) diplomat who was essentially a spymaster for a Duchess, and coordinated many avenues of information to further both her own aims, those of the secret society she belonged to, and those of whom she served. No one knew this of course, but it was the concept behind her character. She was a lady, very attractive (modelled on Monica Bellucci, especially as she appeared in Brotherhood of the Wolf). She was elegant, graceful, unchaste and incredibly aware of everything that went on around her. I had a brilliant time playing her.

I would love to play a character like her again, especially opposite a slightly roguish male character who may be a foreigner. Someone who's new, different, exotic, strong and has a story of his own that might tempt her senses or prickle her desire to know more. He should have his own reasons for being there, of course. His own goals and things he needs to do, and there would likely be a crossing of his goals and hers that brings them together, ideally in an action setting (though her natural environment is more a courtly one).

I should let you know, I'm a really slow poster right now. I'm currently working on writing/editing 2 books (with others planned), may be travelling in a couple of months, and with my other stories, I can go 2 or so weeks easily between posts, so please don't enquire if that's too slow for you. A lot of my stories are slow moving but they often run for a long time. Some I've had going for years and I GM'd my longest game off-site (7th Sea) for almost 4 years. I ran another game of it for 2, and I've run other games like Serenity, Chronicles of Amber and Legend of the Five Rings. This would be a setting with bladed weapons, muskets and flintlock pistols. I should mention I enjoy writing combat scenes as much as I enjoy roleplaying romance.

Personally, I'm a switch and my character would be more on the Dom end of the spectrum. This would be to some extent based on my writing partner, because when I write with someone a lot more dominant than myself, I have a tendency to write my characters more submissively. It depends on the interplay of personality to some extent.

In advertising for this story, I'm not just looking for someone to write with but someone who I have the right chemistry to write this story with. I want to write with someone who can challenge me, who can create a strong character to work against as well as with my own, if I choose to play her forcefully, which I would like to. I want to write with someone who can make this story happen and help make it epic, because that's what I want it to be.

If you're interested, please drop me a PM.