Gauging Interest in GURPS

Started by kat, June 02, 2005, 12:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

Hey all, I'm considering putting together a 3rd or 4th edition GURPS fantasy type game and I just want to see if anyone is interested. I have a fantasy world setting already worked out and I think I might go a little rules light (as in I'll take care of most of the game mechanics).

If enough people are interested I'll start working something up.  :)
Good sex is like good Bridge... If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

A hard man... is good to find

-Mae West

kasen03

GURPS!

That's one of the old retro game systems I forgot :)

Fantasy era you say?

kat

Yeah, a fantasy game. It's what I'm most comfortable running.
Good sex is like good Bridge... If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

-Mae West

Witness

What sorta fantasy world are we talking?

Vandren

3rd ed. GURPS I'd be interested in.  Don't really care for 4th ed (and only have 4th ed. Lite).  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

kat

Well the world would either be the 3rd ed Fantasy world or a world of my friends own creation which has a greek based pantheon and so forth rather than the muslim/christian thing - that world feels a little more pulp fantasy (like AD&D) than the fantasy world from SJ Games.

Personally, I'd prefer to run 3rd ed GURPS but either works for me.

-Mae West

Witness

I'd be willing to give it a whirl.  Never actually played GURPS before, but I own some of the books, so <shrugs>

kat

All right, it looks like there's at least some level of interest. I'll work on putting it together and probably put up something early next week.

-Mae West

Vandren

Cool . . . I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Lyria

Ohhhh I used to love gurps once upon a time. Count me in :)
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Stumpy

gurps addict reporting for duty here

kat

Okay, I've got the GURPS game open. It's under Heavy - exotic systems. It is also the only one that has GURPS in the title. :)

-Mae West

kat

GURPS game is up under Heavy - Exotic Systems

Check the game for character creation info & PM it to me when ready. Game on! ;)

-Mae West

kat

One more bump - I'm planning on getting started in a day or two, but we could certainly use more people. :)

-Mae West