Captured by Space Pirates! (M for F)

Started by Denivar, September 30, 2014, 01:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denivar

You are a bright young woman, a cadet from a little backwater planet. Nobody from your family had even been off planet before (despite your system having several populated moons!) ... and here you are, winning a place in the esteemed Terra Nova Naval Academy!

After several years of studying, you find yourself assigned to an 'active' post. A chance to show off all you've learned. Sadly, you quickly discover that being the sole crew member of a stellar observation station in a far flung corner of the galaxy, responsible for tracking and reporting on traffic that comes by as well as help to track asteroids isn't as fun as it sounds. Oh well, do this for a few years, work your way up, and you'll make it into a really nice post! You might even quit the navy and go work for one of the big corporations.

So, you can just pass the time sitting back, playing a few video games, taking observations as needed, and in a few months you'll be relieved from your post and be sent back for another semester of schooling!

Or so you thought, what you don't realize is that a band of particularly tenacious space pirates have their lair on a nearby planet that was thought to be an uninhabited waste. These pirates don't exactly like the idea of some Federation observation station being so near their lair. Of course, they probably think there is a fifty year old balding engineer aboard. When the find out it's a nubile young woman, well, who knows what will become of you?

For this role play I'm looking for a partner who is into building an expansive universe. The universe will be our own -- no canon settings -- we'll build it together (or if you'd prefer I can do most of the building while you concentrate no your character). We'll take inspiration from places like Firefly, Mass Effect, etc, but the universe will be our own.

This will be a role play where anything can happen -- initially you'll most likely be captured by the pirates, and they'll be looking to sell you to slavers for a quick profit. But is this what ends up happening? Maybe .... or maybe you escape? Or maybe one of the pirates falls for you and you join them? There are endless possibilities!

Please PM if interested. Note that my tastes tend toward the harsher end of the spectrum in some regards (Though I like to have a mix. Some characters might be pure evil, some will be highly benevolent, most will be somewhere between.)
"If you go to see the woman, do not forget the whip." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ons and Offs -- Roleplay Ideas -- Apologies, Absences, Excuses, that sort of thing