The Great Civil Unrest of the Mutants In Character.

Started by Batman4560, July 06, 2013, 01:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

The Shaw Boarding School for the gifted.
Dorm Rooms

Cafeteria

Gym
Teachers-                     Students-
Dean- Aaron Shaw       Jessica
Physics-Samuel Ervin    Jacob Crow
English-Karen Schmidt  Kimmi August
                                     Rayven Hallows
                                     Penelope Archer
Header
NAME:
ROLE IN SCHOOL:
TIME OF DAY:

After the X-men wen't their separate ways one year ago following the death of Jean Grey and Professor Xavier, the Inner Circle of the Hell fire Club decided the time was right to start accepting new members. They took in students much like Xavier did but taught them to use their gifts for crime. However the son of Sebastian Shaw, Arron Shaw saw the importance of a school that could help others make a difference in the world and founded his own school with former X-men member Gambit. Now the School is poised to strike at the Inner Circle and stop the crimes being committed by his father and others like him.

Demigod1945

Samuel sighed and finally slumped on his couch. While he was grateful that the Academy had offered his new position as their physics teacher to him, and the opportunity to improve upon his ability and knowledge, he couldn't help but feel a bit of rue for those who thought that it would be prudent to bury him in the vast amount of paperwork that had seemingly appeared in his private dorm almost immediately after accepting the job. While he his mind had no problem with the vast amount of information regarding the rules, and regulations tied with his position, he simply felt that their was no logical reasoning to read each and every student profile in his class, he was here to simply teach and nothing more. He looked around his three roomed living quarters. When he first arrived here, he had been contempt with the slightly cramped rooms that consisted of a bedroom, bathroom, and living room, along with the basic furniture that came with them. But now it seemed that with all the paperwork stacked in every available space, he was getting claustrophobic.
        He checked his wrist watch and realized that it was time for lunch. He stood up, stretched, and grabbed his coat. He checked his pocket to make sure he had his phone and dorm keys on hand, then he opened the door and left for the cafe.
"Hopefully they'll have pasta, I could go for some" he thought to himself.

Cascalence

Karen heaved out a happy little sigh, breaking down the last cardboard box.  She turned, holding it, and stared into the spacious closet, filled with clothes.  She smiled a bit to herself, reaching up with one hand to push up her glasses.  A song flowed from her clunky, old-fashioned CD player flowed through the room softly.  She hummed the tune softly, picking up the remainders of the other boxes and hauling them up.  She left the room, letting the door shut behind her with a soft click.  She continued to hum the tune as she walked through the quiet halls.  Once outside, however, she quieted, listening to the birds on the grounds singing.  Her smile broadened and she threw the boxes into a dumpster, dusting off her hands afterward.  She moved and stood there for a long moment, feeling the warmth of the sun.
After months of scrounging and penny pinching to make sure her funds lasted, it was nice to be somewhere where she could relax and be comfortable.
And accepted for who and what she was.
Her smile slipped and she looked down at the ground, worrying the point of her shoe into the ground.  She missed Boston, though.  Missed the smiling faces of her students.  Missed their eager young minds.  Her expression became worried.  She had to teach mostly teenagers now.  She bit her lower lip.  That was so different than young children...could she really handle this?  Sighing, she turned and looked up at the building.  She had to.  Nodding to herself, she went back inside, walking back toward her room to finish setting up her room and get it into suitable shape.  Then she could begin setting up lesson plans and reviewing student files.
Casca's O/O's--A work in progress

Demigod1945

Compared to his small dorm, the rest of the Academy was massive, and Samuel had to admit he was extremely impressed with the design, and the logic behind it. The hallways throughout the building were at least 12 feet in width, most likely to allow students to travel from class to class with out being trapped in slow moving crowds, the ceilings seem to be unnecessarily high though, at what he estimated to be 25 feet into the air. Unless it was designed to allow students that could travel through the air some leeway, or perhaps to distribute the weight through the high,thick walls, Samuel saw no logical reason behind them. He took one last look at the design, and then continued on his way to the cafe. Already he could smell the well-cooked food, causing him to unconsciously lick his lips in anticipation, although he couldn't identify any smells associated with pasta, he could tell that there were at least fifteen different meals to choose from. He turned the corner, and walk ten more feet before making his way through the thick double doors that marked the entrance to the cafe. He stopped by the door and immediately surveyed the room, almost without realizing it.
            Several students and teachers had already acquired their food, and had taken seats associated with their positions within the school. It seemed that the left half of the cafe was reserved for staff and faculty, while the right was for students, and possibly school visitors. There were at least four exits that he could see from his location, not including windows. All in all the room looked reasonably secure, and the food delicious, although he couldn't decide on his wanted meal. Eventually he settled on mexican and made his way for the line. He sighed inwardly, he had really been hoping for pasta.

EndofDivine

Jessica stood in front of the massive building, her right hand gripping the backpack slung over her shoulder and her left wheeling a suitcase behind her. This was definitely the place; it looked too much like a school for it not to be. Still, something about the place sent a shiver down her spine. She didn't belong here...she belonged in Washington with her family and friends. Jessica looked back over her shoulder, hoping to see the taxi that had brought her here still waiting; the driver somehow knowing what she felt in her heart. Instead she was greeted by a nearly vacant parking lot. She was stuck here, for better or worse. She sighed and stood her suitcase upright and sat her backpack down on top of it as she unzipped one of the smaller pockets. The young woman pulled out a folded piece of paper, a note from her father and probably the last thing she would see of him for the forseeable future. She already knew the words by heart but it was still comforting to hold it in her hands and read it again.

"Jess, know that I will always love you and what I have done is for your own good. I've pulled some strings and you'll be going to live in a school of sorts- a school for people with abilities like yours. It'll be safe there. There's people there that can protect you in ways I cannot.  Find Aaron Shaw. The school was his idea and he'll know what to do.

Love, Dad"

She sighed and folded the note back up, her eyes closing slowly as she fought back her tears. As she pushed the note into her back pocket her sadness was quickly replaced by anger as she outwardly spoke to herself. "Oh yeah? How am I supposed to that, Dad? Excuse me? Are you Aaron Shaw? No? Well, I guess I'll ask one of the other five hundred people here." Jessica snapped up her backpack with a frustrated sigh. "And where do I even go?" She stands around in front of the school with one hand on her hip and another holding her backpack as she glances around the facility, trying to find some sort of registration or welcoming center.

Cascalence

Karen spent the morning tidying up her rooms from her unpacking, getting everything arranged just-so.  When she was satisfied, she smiled and nodded to herself, then turned to a dining chair she had setting in her living room, a tall stack of folders upon it, along with a bunch of loose papers.  She hauled them up and moved to the sofa, sitting down and beginning to arrange the folders and papers upon the coffee table, pulling said wooden table closer to the sofa.  She stared around for a moment, then bit her lower lip and stood, going over to a leather messenger bag sitting on the floor beside the dining chair.  She bent down to it and pulled out a few pens, a highlighter, and a permanent ink marker.  Going back to the folders and paperwork, she got to work on developing a lesson outline for the semester, and a lesson plan for the next three weeks.
It was when she reached week two of her lesson plan that the gnawing hunger in her stomach could no longer be ignored.  With a sigh, she put down her pens, staring.  ...She was reluctant to leave it incomplete, especially when she was on a roll with it.  But she simply could not focus any longer.  With a huff, she stood, stretching, then moved and shut off her CD player.  She stared at the clunky piece of junk.  It'd been her dearest friend over the past few years.  Loyal and true, working despite all the abuse it'd taken.  Including the time her ex had thrown it at her.  She scowled to herself and shook her head.  No thinking about that...man.  If you could call him that.
She forced a smile on her lips.  Why?  Because smiling always made her problems go away.  Or at least made them turn tail and run.
Well...except for hunger.  That was a problem her stomach announced loudly.  She couldn't make that go away with a smile.  "Alright, alright, I'm going," she murmured, chuckling to herself.  She moved and grabbed up the keys to her room, exiting to the corridor and locking up her suite.  She then looked around and frowned.  ...It was...to the left, correct?  Building up courage to explore, and hoping she was heading in the right direction for the cafe/cafeteria, she made her way through the halls.
As she walked, she soon found the smells of food drifting through the halls.  "Oh, thank God," she murmured, starting to absently follow her nose.  It wasn't for a few turns before she noticed that she should be watching where she was going, so she'd be able to find her way without having to smell the food.  Starting to take more notice of her surroundings, she continued on, taking note of sculptures and different types of architecture throughout the hallways, all designed to help students and teacher alike to navigate.
Finally, a corridor ended, opening up into a large room, filled with people milling about.  She surveyed the room, taking notice of the line for food, and the seating arrangements.  Nodding to herself, she got into line, eying the menu choices.  A southern dish was available; chicken and waffles.  Something she had tried during her travels and found that she enjoyed greatly.  She smiled to the 'lunch lady' and requested the dish, watching as the woman put it together and pushed the plate towards her.  Murmuring a quiet thanks, she turned to find a seat.  Her eyes roamed about and landed on a young man on the faculty side of the cafeteria.  A very young man, seemingly too young to be a teacher.  But if he was on the faculty side, then surely he was a teacher...right?  Curious, she moved toward his table and stood in front of it for a moment before managing a soft, "May I sit here?"

Demigod1945

Samuel looked up from his meal to see a young women asking to sit with him. She was at the age of 25, and he could tell she had just finished writing a large amount of information, due to the way her hand held her plate. Lesson plans no doubt.
   He quickly replied "Of course, there are empty chairs here after all.

Cascalence

Karen blinked at the quick response, a little unsettled.  It was like he'd hardly considered her at all.  But maybe that was just who he was.  She gave a small smile and took a seat across from him, setting her tray upon the table before scooting in her chair.  She picked up her fork and knife, first taking a bite of her food-a bit of chicken and a bit of waffle in one bite-savoring the food as she chewed.  When she swallowed, she looked back to him, twisting the fork between her two fingers nervously.  "I'm Karen...uh, Karen Schmidt.  I'm a new teacher....  Uhm, teaching English," she introduced with a small smile.  She put down her silverware and moved, tucking a strand of her fiery hair behind her ear before pushing her glasses up, peeking up at the male across from her with shy, stormy-colored hues.  "Are you...a teacher or...some other member of the faculty?" she asked curiously.  He seemed very young, after all.  Yes, she was pretty young herself, but still...he seemed younger.  But sharp as a tack, too, from the way he'd taken her in and approved her sitting with him so quickly.  Still...maybe he'd just not noticed that students sat on the other side of the cafeteria?  It was possible, though...unlikely.

Demigod1945

"Sam, Samuel Ervin, and yes I am a teacher, the new physics teacher to be exact" he sternly replied, before taking another bite of his burrito. He silently took note of her shy demeanor. He pondered if she was like this with everyone she socialized with, or maybe only to people she didn't know. Obviously she was special like him. But what was her ability?
He looked at her as she twisted her silverware in her hand, and asked with real curiosity and as friendly as he could, considering her shy demeanor.
   "So what's your talent?" he questioned

Cascalence

Karen about jumped at his stern reply.  Eeek.  Okay, so the guy didn't like to be questioned.  Ducking her head slightly, she picked up her silverware and took another bite of her food, thinking to herself.  A physics teacher?  So young?  He must've been some sort of genius....  Or maybe he just had a really strong mind for science....  She took another bite, then blinked and looked up, her fork in her mouth as he spoke again, his tone more...relaxed.  Almost friendly.  And she could definitely pick up the curiosity in his tone.  It took her a few seconds to pick up on the actual question, however and she ducked her head again, slowly pulling the fork from her mouth and chewing her food.  She swallowed after a long moment, her cheeks lightly flushed.  As though she'd been caught doing something wrong.  "Fire.  I...can spark and control fire.  ...To a somewhat lesser degree," she spoke quietly.  Her voice was tinted with shame, as though she were going to be judged for it and pushed away.  It was what she was used to, even if she knew this environment wasn't about that.  Her eyes came up to his for a moment, looking to see his reaction, before she looked away and quickly moved fork and knife, taking another bite of her food.

Demigod1945

"So your a pyro, I must say I'm impressed, never met someone like you before." Truly Samuel was intrigued, he never had met a pyro mutant before. His mind demanded that he knew more about her.
   "What do you mean to a lesser degree?" he asked quickly, not even letting her reply to his previous statement.

Batman4560

NAME:Aaron Shaw
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Dean
TIME OF DAY: Noon
TAGGING: Teachers and Students

Aaron had alot going on today, from making sure that students were finding their dorms to seeing that the teachers knew who everyone was. It had almost slipped his mind that he would have an assembly today to make sure everyone knew how the school was going to be operated. After all the last thing he wanted was mass panic from both teachers and students on the first day of school. Besides he had his own class to be teaching. Aaron had no idea where "Gambit" was but assumed that the former X-man was out looking for students that would make good future leaders. Slipping on a simple black suit coat over his red button up shirt he headed out the doors of his office to the front doors of the school where he saw a young woman looking on at the building as if she were lost.

He looked threw his small binder of information witch included pictures of the students and teachers along with their names and age's and cleared this throat before approaching her and speaking. "Greetings Jessica, I am Mr. Shaw...I spoke with you father a few days ago about you coming to stay at the school. All has been paid for up front for the first year and if you do not find the school helps you after a year, you may return home. Of course with a full refund. Now then your room is...." He flipped threw his binder and smiled. "Ah yes right here. The second floor room number two on the left." He then pointed to a window on the second floor and smiled again. "That room right there. You will most likely have a room mate but if she doesn't show then it will be all yours until someone lets you know. Now, if you will excuse me many other students need my help. I will see you at the assembly tonight after dinner." With that he turned and made his way back inside to the cafe.

Coming to the diner Aaron looked around at all the teachers and students with his cold blue eyes and ran a hand over his growing beard. He was a young man and felt the beard made him seem a bit older than he actually was. Casually he made his way around the area greeting some students and teachers until he arrived at the table Sam and Karen were sitting at. "Thank you both for coming to teach here on such short notice. Your expertise will be greatly valued here I am sure." He said as he sat down next to Karen and shook both their hands. "I am Aaron Shaw. It is great to finally meet you both."

Cascalence

NAME:  Karen Schmidt
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  English Teacher
TIME OF DAY:  Noon
TAGGING:  Samuel Ervin and Aaron Shaw

Eyes coming up shyly, Karen hardly had time to register Samuel's statement before he was asking his question.  Her face colored a crimson hue as her cheeks heated embarrassedly.  "Ah...well, I can't manipulate large fires.  Like...if a building was on fire, I'd have to separate the flames from one another to extinguish them..." she explained, twirling her fork on her plate.  She chewed her lower lip.  "Likewise, if I spark too large of a flame, I can lose control of it," she murmured, her head ducking a bit more.
She jumped, distracted from her explanation and thoughts, as Aaron sat next to her, her stormy eyes wide as she turned to take him in.  Seeing his extended hand, she slowly set down her fork and moved, politely shaking it, biting her lower lip as he introduced himself.  "P-pleasure," she stuttered out, trying not to duck her head again in embarrassment for the stutter.  ...She was thankful she was better around students.  It was just easier to step up and be more confident when she was talking about something she was teaching.  "Uhm...thank you for the opportunity to work here," she said quietly, her eyes moving up to Aaron's for a moment before looking away uneasily.

Demigod1945

NAME: Samuel Ervin
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Physics Teacher
TAGGING: Eating and Socializing

"So this is our Dean of the school, you seem a bit young to run this entire place." Samuel said as he shook Shaw's hand. He meant no insult by his reply to Shaw when he introduced himself, it was merely an observation, he hoped Shaw understood that much. Though he felt that his statement had it's merits. As far as he could observe Shaw was only four years older then he was. His beard did seem to make him older, as well as his vocabulary. Though looks were always misleading. Samuel was pleased that he was here though. It meant he didn't have to track him throughout the large school. Not that he could get lost, he knew the layout of the school like the back if his hand, maybe even better.

Batman4560

NAME:Aaron Shaw
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Dean
TAGGING: Teachers and Students

"Indeed, I am only a few years older than you...however my father taught me long ago the value of a good education and how to use what I had to make the best of life. I simply wish to pay it forward and help those in need. I want you both to make sure include to offer your assistance to the students helping to help them hone their powers. They will be tomorrows leaders and need every advantage they can get. Also if you happen to know anyone that could benefit from this place call them and let them know about it." Turning his attention to Karen he spoke again. "I should be thanking you for coming to teach here. Both of you represent some of the best minds our Country has to offer. If you find the food here is not to your liking I have a private kitchen in the basement you are more than welcome to you...If you need me I will be roaming around the halls helping the students. Take care." He spoke while getting up and heading out the doors to the north.

Kepesk

NAME: Jake Crow
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Student
TAGGING: (n/a)

Jake slipped out of the cab, looked up at the impressive walls of the school and stretched a little. He was still a little stiff from the plane ride. He drew a deep breath of the air which was interrupted by the cab driver requesting payment. He paid the driver, put his earbuds back in, grabbed his single oversized duffle-bag, and slowly began making his way toward the school entrance.

Once inside, he began taking notice of all the other students going about their separate ways. The smell of food told him lunch was being served somewhere. That was a welcome surprise he hadn't considered.
He kept his head down, not really making eye contact with anyone, and immediately headed up to the second floor, assuming his room would be somewhere upstairs.
Eventually finding it, he opened the door and stood in front of it, looking inside. It was clean, simple, and exactly what he needed. Not wanting to miss out on nourishment, he unloaded the duffle-bag onto the crisp bed, adjusted his hoody, and made his way back downstairs.

It was easy enough finding the café; just follow the scent of food and the sound of people. He looked around, got in line, and grabbed whatever looked like it might be even remotely organic. Once he had his food, he put an apple in his mouth, holding it with his teeth, turned, and glanced around the room. Spotting a relatively empty section at the opposite side of the room, he made his way there.

He spotted who he recognized as the Dean, Aaron Shaw, enter the cafe, and make his way around the room, greeting faculty and students alike as he went. "`Seems friendly enough," Jake thought to himself, and continued his meal.
One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy

Demigod1945

ROLE IN SCHOOL: Physics Teacher
TAGGING: Socializing with Karen Schmidt
    Samuel nodded to Shaw's reply, and watched as he stood up to leave and left the cafe, then he returned his attention to Karen. He thought for a moment of their previous conversation, then created an assessment of her ability.
  Well, I'm sure with practice you could control much larger fires. Even create streams of flames and fly." He said with what he thought as a friendly tone. "Now if you excuse me, I have to read up on those student profiles, god knows it'll take me half an hour at least." With that he got up from the table, through his tray in the nearest trash bin, and left the cafeteria. And now that he thought about it, maybe reading those profiles will come in handy.

Cascalence

TIME OF DAY:  Noon
TAGGING:  Samuel Ervin (exiting) and Aaron Shaw (exiting)

Karen shifted uncomfortably, her eyes cast down.  She hardly thought she was one of the best minds the country had to offer, but she would do her best to educate her students, and help them hone their given abilities in her spare time.  Looking up with mild surprise at the mention of a private kitchen in the basement, she nodded, grateful for the invitation.  She did like the relaxation cooking offered from time to time.
Watching as the Dean bid his goodbyes and left, she turned back to her lunch companion.  She took another bite of her food and nearly choked on it with his suggestion of...creating streams of flames.  ...And flying?  Such things would be....  She swallowed the food in her mouth, shaking her head, took a drink of water.  "Oh, no, I don't think I could manage that," she murmured, though she wasn't sure she was heard, as the next moment, the teen was saying something about reading student profiles.  She gaped up at him.  Half an hour?  For all of his student profiles?  She watched him go, stormy eyes following him in wonderment.  He must be some sort of speed reader.  Looking down at the other half of her plate, she focused on finishing her food.  When done, she stood and moved to the tray deposit line and set her tray down, then moved and exited the cafeteria.  She smiled to herself.  Time to get back to her lesson plans.

Demigod1945

Half an hour later, and with only 50 students out of 450 profiles left, Samuel took a break, he plopped onto his couch, pulled out his phone and searched for any new information he could learn. Within few moments, he discovered a study on mutants with the ability to conjure and control fire. "How interesting" he mumbled to himself. He read the whole thirty page article within a few minutes. Putting his phone up, he walked outside his dorm, and out into the courtyard. Once there he reflected on the information he just learned. According to the U.S National Mutant Registry public records, Mutant pyros usually had trouble using their powers if they didn't have an aggressive attitude, meaning they just didn't have enough spark, no pun intended. He thought back to the English teacher, Karen Schmidt, he laughed to himself, not having an aggressive attitude would be an understatement for her. In fact she seemed a bit mousy. "Ah well enough of that, time I get back to my profiles." he thought with a bit of rue. But before he could head back to his quarters the overhead speakers kicked on and he heard a computerized voice a moment later. "Attention to all students and faculty, we are having a an assembly in fifteen minutes, I repeat we are having an assembly in fifteen minutes in the gymnasium." He heard a click as the speakers shut off, followed by several students and teachers making their way for the gym. Samuel soon did the same.
"An assembly huh? Well at least there won't be any paperwork in the gym." he chuckled to himself.

Kepesk

TIME OF DAY: Noon-thirty o'clock
TAGGING: Karen Schmidt

Despite having the music blaring in his ears while he ate, Jake hears the announcement. Finished with his meal, he sucked down the last bit of his smoothie, tossed his tray, and indiscriminately made his way out of the cafeteria.

No doubt distracted, he all but ran into one of the new instructors, Mrs. Schmidt, in the hall just outside. He quickly pulled the earbuds out of his head revealing the melodic death-metal he was listening to that now quietly trickled their tune from around his chest.
"Oh, sorry. ...Hey, you're Mrs. Schmidt, right...? I think I have you for English. Sorry for almost running into you. I wasn't paying attention."
He ran his fingers thru his bone-straight, dark hair, which essentially accomplished nothing as it fell right back in the same place it was before. Then he continued in his low, almost weak-sounding voice...
"But actually, while I have you here, can I ask you a quick question? I didn't get a list of required reading for the class, and I was just wondering if you could let me know if there was anything we might be going through first so I could get started on it..."
~ Aristotle

Cascalence

TIME OF DAY:  Shortly after noon
TAGGING:  Jake Crow

As she stepped out of the cafeteria into the hallway, Karen halted as the speakers crackled to life, and listened to the announcment.  An assembly?  So soon after lunch...?  Odd, but understandable.  Student and faculty alike would be alert and attenti--.
Karen stumbled a step as she was bumped into and turned, looking to make sure the other party was alright.  She listened as the young male spoke and gave a small smile, her stormy eyes seeming to brighten a bit.  This young man was polite, and she appreciated that.  "Oh, no need to apologize, dear.  I really shouldn't have been stopped in the hallway," she said.  "But yes, I'm Miss Schmidt," she spoke, correcting the prefix on her name.  She was, after all, unmarried.  She blinked at his question and a sheepish look crawled onto her face.  "My apologies that you haven't yet received a reading list, dear," she said.  She frowned inwardly, wishing she had read her student manifest and files first now, so that she could identify the teen.  "I actually only arrived a couple of days ago and am working on lesson plans for our class right now.  However, I can tell you that the first book we'll be going over will be The Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns.  Don't worry about providing your own copy, though...I ordered the book, and it arrived this morning.  Everyone will have a copy to use while we're going over it," she said, tilting her head slightly as she spoke.  "Also, I'll have a student syllabus and a tentative schedule and reading list ready by tomorrow morning, before class meets," she assured him with a warm smile.

Kepesk

TIME OF DAY: Noonish
TAGGING: Karen Schmidt

Jake smiled a little as she promised to have syllabus and schedule ready by morning, feeling like she was talking to herself more than she was him at that point.
Then he smiled a little more after saying, "Sorry... Miss Schmidt."
"Cold...Sassy Tree. Got it."
He turned to walk away, replacing the earbuds in his ears as though he needed them in order to be able to continue on.

As he began walking away, he turned back to say, "Oh, and I'm Jake by the way. Jake Crow." Another slight smile, and he walked away...
~ Aristotle

Cascalence

TIME OF DAY:  Shortly after noon
TAGGING:  Jake Crow (exiting)

Karen watched the teen with a warm smile as he spoke, nodding in confirmation as he spoke the book title.  She watched with a little interest as he put in his ear buds.  He probably was one of those teens that tended to use music to focus their thoughts....  Vaguely, she tucked away an idea of letting students listen to music during quiet reading times in class in the corner of her mind for later consideration.  She gave a slight nod to him as he turned to leave and then halted as she was about to continue on her path as he turned and spoke his name.  Jake Crow.  She tucked the name away into her mind, along with a mental picture of the teen, smiling back at him and watching him go for a moment.  After a moment had passed, she came back to herself and looked around.  ...Now which way was the gymnasium...?  She took a step one way, then halted and looked at the flow of students and faculty, biting her lower lip as she slowly began to trickle after them.

Demigod1945

ROLE IN SCHOOL: Physics teacher
TIME OF DAY: Little after noon
TAGGING: Heading for assembly

Samuel understood why the school was so large, but it didn't mean he had to like it. It had taken almost fifteen minutes to reach the gym, and his feet were killing him. He mentally noted to go buy of pair of soles for his shoes. He looked around the hallway as hundreds of students and staff made their way into the gym. He was just about to enter himself, when he noticed a student, most likely seventeen years old, was walking straight towards the wall and not the door, seemingly unaware of the matter. Samuel quickly walked through the crowd and grabbed the young man by the color and yanked him around to his face. The teen, pulled out his earbuds, annoyed no doubt, but before he could say anything, Samuel sternly scolded him.
"Do you have any idea where you walking?" he sternly said as he stared at the boy. Whom he recognized as Jacob Crow, one of his students. "And why do you have those earbuds in Jacob, they are nothing but a distraction." Samuel simply couldn't understand why anyone would deprive their ability to be aware of their environment to listen to music, which was just noise to Samuel. Truly puzzling indeed.

Kepesk

TIME OF DAY: Shortly after noon
TAGGING: Samuel Ervin

Taken aback, but not off-guard, Jake first looked at the other boy puzzled, then smiled a little as he continued to be scolded.
{oc: The kid actually has a fairly high Intuition...}
When the other boy was through, Jake said, "Yes, I do have an idea where I'm walking. I'm walking toward that wall to sit and wait for all the seats in the back to fill up so I can take one in the front."
Then, indicating the earbuds now dangling from his neck, "And I have these in my ears because I'm listening to the audiobook of Cool Sassy Tree by Oliver Burns for class tomorrow," getting the author's name wrong.
{oc: Hey, I said he's intuitive. That doesn't mean he's intelligent...}  :P
After a beat, Jake began collecting his earbuds and tucking them away, and said, "So you clearly know my name... What's yours?"
~ Aristotle