Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitteredge

Yeah, they've missed the deadline to print. Part and parcel for an incompetent administration. I still suspect when we see it, the question will be intact. "Oops, too late to change it!"

Oniya

So, the spectacle was supposed to include the Star Wars theme and Bohemian Rhapsody.  Instead, it seems that this is going to be the sound bite we get from the White House:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiZVrTaC9Pg
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oniya

Yes, but copyright-holder permissions and all that inconvenient stuff.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Oniya on July 04, 2019, 07:46:09 PM
Yes, but copyright-holder permissions and all that inconvenient stuff.

Didn't stop him the last time.

Oniya

Oniya

Okay, what the actual fuck?

Sauce

Quote"In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief. The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

"Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket’s red glare it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant."

Someone call Bill Engvalt to get me a fifth-grader, STAT!

clonkertink

Quote from: Oniya on July 04, 2019, 11:00:59 PM

Sauce

Air superiority was a lot harder before the Wright brothers were born.

Sara Nilsson

Airports...

Fort McHenry

Did the man even try? of course he will claim fake news. He never said airports, he never said fort mchenry

Tolvo

You know you almost could salvage the initial mistake, the first part about ruling the air. You could quickly try to follow up with something about the Christian God ruling the skies and he's got our backs or something. But damn the airports part is pretty hard to try and fix without admitting its an error.

Oniya

And Fort McHenry wasn't built until 1798.

Regina Minx

Quote from: Oniya on July 04, 2019, 11:00:59 PM

Sauce

Please make it stop.

Tolvo

Quote from: Oniya on July 04, 2019, 11:25:30 PM
And Fort McHenry wasn't built until 1798.

Yeah but it's at least in the same century. The airports one, that's history pretty much anyone above the age of 7 would know.

Tolvo

Early American air superiority, flying our lead zeppelins into the sky to fight the British. Surprisingly agile for being so heavy.

clonkertink

No no, Tolvo. The Led Zeppelins were the vanguard of the British invasion. ;)

gaggedLouise

Quote from: clonkertink on July 04, 2019, 11:37:18 PM
No no, Tolvo. The Led Zeppelins were the vanguard of the British invasion. ;)

If the Doors of the White House were flung wide open, everyone would see Trump as he really is, and this does not mean holy. :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

He's claiming that the TelePromTer shorted out because of the rain, and blaming that for his gaffes.  So in essence, YES - he's saying he isn't smarter than a fifth grader.  Because he came up with the airports and Fort McHenry stuff out of his own head.

Sara Nilsson

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-teleprompter-224039

And this from a man who has so many many many times said he doesn't use teleprompters and that they make people look bad.

Who knew?

Sara Nilsson

Since it is related to Trump

Melania has got herself a statue in her hometown in Slovenia, and it is.. perfect.

https://splinternews.com/this-ghoulish-statue-of-melania-trump-is-perfect-1836135600

clonkertink

I'm having flashbacks to that lady who "restored" a painting of Jesus. The resemblance is uncanny.

Tolvo

I wonder if that's a traditional Slovenian style or if it's something more modern by the artist. I'm not very well versed in Slovenian history, so I can't really say if that's supposed to be satire or is just a traditional art that looks irregular to those not from the region.

Oniya

Even Slovenian folk art is usually a bit more detailed.

https://slocally.com/beekeeping-in-slovenia/

Although satire isn't out of the question:

https://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/jabberworks/Festivals/honey_talks_7.jpg

(Linked in case Photobucket derps.)

Regina Minx

Quote from: Oniya on July 05, 2019, 03:59:04 PM
He's claiming that the TelePromTer shorted out because of the rain, and blaming that for his gaffes.

Well played TelePrompTer.  Well played.

Oniya

He's made comments in the past (as Sara pointed out) that when people use Teleprompters, 'you can't tell how smart they are'. 

Well, that sword just cut both ways.