Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, April 03, 2012, 05:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural livespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Your father believes, if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against your father.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

This is a fantasy world, full of elves, orcs, dragons etc. but your character is human. I have no preference as to whether your character is male or female (only restriction is they have to be related to the character the RP starts with).

No powermodding
No godmodding

Any other questions ask me in this thread or PM me.

sexhaver

Lady Jenn

well, as many as want to join but wanted to keep the story simple in case I could only find one person

sexhaver

Does that mean all characters have to be siblings?

Lady Jenn

not necessarily, they could be friends or one of the slightly more...wild humans who live outside the city

PrincessAriel

I'm interested and in need of an active role-play. :) So, do you need any specific character right now? Or should I just make a character and randomly pop him/her in?
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Lady Jenn

Well you could be the sister of Jorn (which would make you my character's daughter lol). read the RP (which has the same name as this) and see what you think, you can always post a character outline on here first so I can give you any advice if its needed :)

PrincessAriel

So, I'd be human yes? And okie, I was kind of hoping you'd say that! ^.^ I'll get right on it! Would I have to look exactly like both of you though, or could I look like their mother? If so, what does their mother look like? (Hair color, complexion, eye color, etc.)  :-) Also, what kind of profession should I be focused on, just the blacksmithing?
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

maybe a mix of the two. I imagined the mother had long black hair and blue eyes, but its up to you what she looks like. Profession doesn't necessarily have to be blacksmithing related, the only rule is this is the equivalent of the medieval era so the jobs and technology can't be too fancy, if that make sense

PrincessAriel

Oh okie then! She sounds utterly beautiful, the mother that is. :-) I'll try and post as soon as possible. one more question though, is it ok if she is a bit independent? She would cook and sew clothing of course, but also work with her father from time to time, that sort of thing. Would that be acceptable? 
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

That's fine. considering he's about to send you into a wilderness full of creatures intent on killing you the more independent the better probably lol

PrincessAriel

Oh. XD Yeah, it'd be a bit bad to send a girly girl out into the wilderness with a bunch of monsters! Just finished eating so I'm going to start my post now.
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

I should say not all the creatures want to kill you. There are a few elves and humans who might help you, but there is a point where its all hostile creatures pretty much lol

PrincessAriel

I posted but I seemed to have spelt something wrong! Dangit! :o
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

don't worry, when I went back and looked at my posts I realised there was a bit of editing required lol

PrincessAriel

I hope that I'm approved soon so that I can edit my posts as well. Also, I hope more people join this roleplay of yours, I really like the story behind it. :-)
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

you will be getting some help whether or not others join, not sure if I should be offering potential spoilers though lol

PrincessAriel

I want to say "YES! Offer some crazy spoilers!" But, I like being faced with surprises! It keeps me interested! ^o^ So Doooooon't doooo ieeet!  :P
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

I changed the description slightly a day or two ago cos I realised I'd said no magic but that magic played a part in the story lol

PrincessAriel

Oh but another question, will we face dragons? ^o^ I LOVE dragons.
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

you may not necessarily have to fight them...but they do make an appearance. Especially Stormrider (basically the king of the dragons. and probably the only person who hates the king MORE than the people in the city do lol)

PrincessAriel

So he is a friend, awesome! *giggles with bubbley excitement* I really hope the brother posts soon, I'm ready to get this journey started. :-)
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

well I've gotta go to bed so my next post won't be till the morning. speak to you later  :-)

PrincessAriel

Okie 'Lord'! *curtries and smiles* Sleep tight and sweet dreams!
"Let Me See You

sexhaver

Woah! Just take is slow...

I can post once a day, and no more frequently. But I welcome the chance to interact with another player :)