King of the Two Lands

Started by Valerian, April 26, 2010, 11:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

In the time before the pyramids, Egypt (known to those who lived there as Kemet, meaning "black earth", after the rich soil that the Nile would deposit on the sands with each flood) was two kingdoms: Upper Egypt, called Ta-Sheme'aw, or sedgeland; and Lower Egypt, known as Ta-Mehew, or northland.  In about 1350 BCE, a king named Narmer, a man mighty in strength and skill, united the two kingdoms and was the first to rule them both.  He took the two symbols of the kingdoms -- a cobra and a vulture -- and set them both in gold upon his crown, a sign of this unity.  For the next thousand years, all the kings that followed would struggle -- not always successfully -- to keep that unity; but they would always keep as one of their many titles the epithet "King of the Two Lands".

In 570 BCE, the ruler of Egypt was a man called Wahibre Haaibre, known to the Greeks as Apries, son of Psamtik II and Queen Takhut.  Though he was known for his building programs and other public works, greatly encouraging the arts under his reign, he wasn't much of a strategist when it came to warfare.  An ill-advised foray into the Kingdom of Judah, followed by a dramatic loss to Dorian Greek invaders, led to a battle between native Egyptian troops and the unpopular Greek mercenaries Apries often used.

Apries sent Ahmose (also called Amasis), his most trusted general, to put down this rebellion.  Upon his arrival, the people urged him to declare himself king and free them from Apries, who could not even control his own troops.  Ahmose agreed, and true civil war began.

History shows that the general, after defeating Apries in battle, became the unchallenged ruler of Egypt as Ahmose II.  But during those days, no one could be sure what the outcome of the struggle between the two men would be.  Perhaps this time, the rebels will not take the throne so easily.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Fan-Bearers (9) - To be a Fan-Bearer meant that one was a courtier, greatly favored by the king, and in return, this group is deeply loyal to Apries.  Whatever his mistakes, he is the embodiment of the gods on earth, and deserves the respect and loyalty of his people.  And the king is still young, needing only the guidance of his more experienced advisors to make Egypt strong again.
They hope to ensure that Apries remains King, using the power of their votes to remove the traitorous Soldiers of the Moon

Grand Vizier (1) - Most senior advisor, second only to the king himself, there is little this person does not know -- about tradition, the history of the Two Lands, and about the courtiers themselves.
Once each night, the Vizier may learn the role of another player.  The Vizier will also attempt to remove the traitors through the vote.

Royal Guard (1) - Though many of the soldiers favor Ahmose, who is after all a soldier like them, this person is still fiercely dedicated to the rightful king.
Once each night, this player may protect one other player from the rebels.  The Royal Guard will also attempt to remove the traitors through the vote.

Follower of Isis (1) - The goddess Isis was most commonly invoked by those who practiced the arts of magic, and her powers, as well as those of her loyal worshippers, can be formidable.
Once during the game, during a night phase, this player may choose one other player to remove through magic.  It will appear as though that person was struck down by the deities themselves...

Soldiers of the Moon (3) - Taking their name from Ahmose (whose name means "the moon is born"), these rebels believe that Ahmose is the only person who can keep the kingdom safe from the threats of the Greeks and the Persians.
Once each night, they will attempt to remove one of the loyalists.

Just as in the usual game of Mafia, any player can lie, deceive, or mislead as much as they think they can get away with, all in the name of having fun.  If you have any questions about these rules, feel free to PM me or ask them in the OOC thread.

~Please don't quote anything directly from any PMs you might send or receive regarding the game; but any information you might get that way can be repeated in your own words as much as you like.

~The traditional day/night cycle will remain.  The first night, one of the Fan-Bearers (an NPC) will die!  The next day, the players will vote on a character to be removed, and will discover if their choice was a wise one.  That night, the Soldiers of the Moon will choose another victim, unless the Royal Guard happens to intervene.

~The Royal Guard may guard the same person two nights in a row!  This is a new rule in my games, so regular players please note this change.

~Please do not vote to lynch yourself.  Votes should be in bold in your posts.  No one may abstain from voting.

~When plotting in PMs, please remember to copy me into the conversation.

~Votes can be changed until all the votes are in and tallied.

~The Soldiers of the Moon will all know each other, but no one else will be sure who to trust.  Perhaps only those who have the favor of the deities themselves will survive these dark days in the land of Egypt.

• Aiden
  • Ariadne
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Paladin
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • sinera
  • Xandi

These images can be used as links to the game in signatures!  Just select the code and paste it in.  Change floatright to floatleft if you prefer.  :)

[float=right][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=67167.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/a/ae/A_glyph.jpg[/img][/url][/float]

[float=right][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=67167.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/1/1f/Y_glyph.jpg[/img][/url][/float]
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The sun was just rising, beginning the second day of the month of Paophi.  It was the second month of the season of Akhet, the time of the flood, and the Nile was well past its usual banks now, the silvery-grey water already several cubits high on the steps built especially to measure the depth of the innundation.  It looked to be a good flood this year, neither too high nor too low, and the farmers were pleased.  Unfortunately, none could say for certain if this was meant to be a sign that the gods were pleased with Apries' continued reign, or pleased that Ahmose now worked to seize the throne.

Neither possibility mattered to Rahotep, one of the court scribes, however; for that young man was found dead in his room as the first rays of the sun filtered in.  It was as the astrologers and other diviners had predicted -- Ahmose, impatient with trying to claim a decisive victory on the battlefields had resorted to more underhanded methods.  His assassins were in the royal palace itself, and those loyal to Apries would have to act quickly if they were to save their king.  It was time to decide on the traitors in their midst, and root them out, one by one.

The game is afoot!  Now is the time for the first lynch vote.  May the wisdom of Thoth guide your choices.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Ryven entered the chamber only to be horrified by the gruesome scene.  The diviners were right.  A plague of death was showing its first signs in their very palace.  He dashed down the hall with servants and slaves gawking at him in curiosity.  The man entered the court chamber in a panic, looking around for someone to tell.

"Rahotep is dead!"  After many a gasp from those gathered, he eyed the crowd warily.

"I don't know about you, but something must be done.  Someone must pay, and I think it should be Paladin."

Remiel

Remiel spent his morning down on the banks of the Nile, worshipping the rising sun.  "Oh, great Ra!" he cried.  "There is treachery afoot in the Kingdom.  I beseech you to show us who is guilty of this foul deed!"

Gathering together 14 turtles, he painted the name of each Fan-Bearer on the shell of each turtle in the following order:

Aiden
Ariadne
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Kyrsa
LadySky
Mithlomwen
Moirae
Paladin
Ryven
Saffron
sinera
Xandi

After watching the turtles lie there in the sun for some time, he saw turtle painted with the name "Kyrsa" crawl over to the river and slip into its murky depths.

"Clearly, the gods have spoken," said Remiel.  "Kyrsa must be sacrificed."

Beguile's Mistress

The news that Ryven brought regarding Rahotep stirred those assembled as did his agitation.  Beguile clutched the talisman hanging from her neck and closing her eyes prayed to all the gods, including Apries, for guidance.  She watched the turtle with Kyrsa's glyph slide into the muddy Nile and sighed.

"I have no desire to be suspicious of any who are my friends and fellow loyalists and will gladly withdraw my sanction should further evidence demand it.  I have suspicions, though, and those lead me to believe Moirae's fine and delicate hand played a part in Rahotep's demise."

Valerian

Current Voting:

Moirae(4) - Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden
Kyrsa(3) - Remiel, Xandi, sinera
Aiden(1) - Moirae
Paladin(1) - Ryven
Remiel(1) - LadySky
Ryven(1) - Paladin
Saffron(1) - Kyrsa
sinera(1) - Ariadne
Ariadne(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi, Saffron

There are 9 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 3 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kye

Kyrsa stood to the side of the room shocked by Ryven's words, her eyes wide as she contemplated the death seer’s had predicted correctly, as she had feared that they would.  She glanced around at the rest of of one of their own.  Denial hovered on her lips, her mind refusing for a moment to believe, but the those present, people whom she had known most of her life. 

“That one among us could be a traitor, could betray us this deeply goes against all we have been taught.  The breaking of our trust is as serious as the murder of our companion.  Saffron can you tell me where you were this night past?”

Autumn52

In all the commotion Xandi listens to all the accusations and just a Remiel had said the gods demand a sacrifice. He had chosen to pray to RA and enlist his help. Xandi chose to follow his lead.

Watching the turtles she votes for Kyrsa to try and please the gods.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

desert ashes

"Delicate and fine?"  Lightly Moirae blushed and shook her head at Beguile's.  "Oh, dear, thank you so much, but I rather think Aiden is the more suspicious sort."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Paladin

LadySky

Alone in the corner LadySky watched and listened, taking in everyones choices. Finally with a soft sigh of resignation she made her vote. "I believe Remiel must be hiding something..."
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Ariadne

Ariadne felt sick as she listened to the people she had come to know as friends. Taking a breath she speaks, "I agree with Kyrsa in her sentiments regarding our murdered companion. It makes me ill to think that anyone of us had a hand in this." She sighed,  "I say Sinera is hiding something...."
I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

sinera

sinera sat quietly, watching and listening. Finally she spoke, her dulcet voice carrying over the throng, "Foul deeds indeed. Remiel seems wise in asking Ra for his guidance. I concur that Kyrsa may have something to do with this..."
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Imogen

Imogen had watched the ceremony of the turtles and turned her almond shaped, kohl lined eyes to the skies. She agreed that the message must have meant -something-, but what exactly...  that required further thought. Slowly she ascended the steps to the palace. Would Kyrsa bring their doom or salvation? She was reluctant to answer that question now and debated on her choices when she heard Beguile's Mistress speak. A fine and delicate hand did match the treacherous act... and she raised her gentle voice to join the others. "I too believe that Moirae possesses the skills and wit to pull off this vile and secret deed without having been caught."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mithlomwen

Mith sat quietly for a time, listening to and observing everyone, and at least cast her vote.  "The gods are telling me that Moiare is guilty.  I pray that they are right."
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Aiden

"You would make a fine consort for Anubis, Moirae"
The tanned man smirked at his accuser, returning her the favor she had given him.

desert ashes

Wide eyed she stared at the others who'd called her name, the corners of her mouth starting to turn down into a pout. "Oh, well... in that case, I vote for Kyrsa instead.  I shall go with the Gods instead of fanciful notions."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Kye

"I'm left with no choice but to change my vote to Moirae in self defense.  Please forgive me if you are innocent, but I know that I am innocent and do not deserve the suspicions that have been heaped upon me."

desert ashes

"That makes two of us, my dear," she murmured with a small frown and an ever increasing worry.  Her?  Guilty?  Oiy. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Esoteric Myobi

Observing from the back, sitting at the fringe of the center of commotion, Myobi had watched and listened carefully. While the death may have been foretold, it was a shock nevertheless, and one that brought a wave of uneasiness with it.

As accusations flew, she gazed thoughtfully at Kyrsa.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Valerian

Current Voting:

Kyrsa(6) - Remiel, Xandi, sinera, Moirae, Esoteric Myobi, Paladin
Moirae(5) - Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden, Kyrsa
Paladin(1) - Ryven
Remiel(1) - LadySky
sinera(1) - Ariadne
Aiden(0)
Ariadne(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)
Saffron(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Saffron

There are 9 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 3 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Paladin

After much thinkin I have decided that my vote against Ryven may be in error. And so I think I will change my vote to Kyrsa.

Autumn Sativus

After careful contemplation of the options, Saffron felt that with Kyrsa's earlier suspicion of the only person she knew was innocent, her very self, perhaps she had something to hide, and was looking for a way to conceal herself? "Though I truly haven't the slightest clue yet, Kyrsa I'm sorry if you are innocent, but my vote must go to you."

((Sorry about the wait... I didn't even see the game had got all going and stuff. >.>; ))
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Valerian

Final Voting:

Kyrsa(7) - Remiel, Xandi, sinera, Moirae, Esoteric Myobi, Paladin, Saffron
Moirae(5) - Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden, Kyrsa
Paladin(1) - Ryven
Remiel(1) - LadySky
sinera(1) - Ariadne
Aiden(0)
Ariadne(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)
Saffron(0)
Xandi(0)

By order of the King, Kyrsa's execution was to be swift and as painless as possible.  Some called this a sign of his enlightenment; the Soldiers of the Moon doubtless felt it was another sign of his weakness.  Regardless, the chosen victim was offered a syrup of herbs and honey to dull the senses, before being led to the courtyard.  With one swift blow of the headsman's sword, an innocent Fan-Bearer was no more.  The court would have to look elsewhere for those guilty of treason.

There are 8 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 3 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Prayers were said the rest of that day to help ease Kyrsa's passage into the afterlife.  Surely her heart would be judged worthy by Ma'at, and her spirit would enter into its eternal rest.  And in the morning, it was learned that another loyal Fan-Bearer would join her on this journey; for the courtier Ariadne was also dead, at the hands of the Soldiers of the Moon.

• Aiden
  • Ariadne - Fan-Bearer, killed by Soldiers of the Moon, Night 1
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Kyrsa - Fan-Bearer, lynched, Day 1
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Paladin
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • sinera
  • Xandi

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 3 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Paladin

Not another one! We must find these Soldiers of the moon and send them to the afterlife! I bet Imogen is one of them!

Ryven

I think Sinera is to blame.

Valerian

Curren Voting:

Paladin(3) - Imogen, Aiden, Saffron
Remiel(2) - Xandi, LadySky
sinera(2) - Ryven, Moirae
Imogen(1) - Paladin
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Ryven(0)
Saffron(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Mithlomwen, Remiel, sinera

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 3 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

Returning from the ceremony, Imogen looked somber, and shook her head, staring solemnly at Paladin as he cried her name. "It wasn't me. But your shouting does make me wonder.. What does your loud voice try to hide, Paladin?"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Paladin

I Hide nothing, What do YOU hide... You Tratoir!

Autumn52

As Kyrsa was beheaded and Ariadne was found dead Xandi cringed. Knowing she was a part of the court who had sent Kyrsa an innocent Fan Bearer to her death made her feel a sadness in her heart.

It was to bad that the God's were not with them in their decision. Perhaps magic had been implored to misdirect attention from the guilty, placing it on the innocent. Remiel's request to RA had gone unanswered it seemed. Why would the sun god ignore a loyalist? Perhaps Remiel was no loyalist? Xandi wasn't sure who to trust. She voted for Remiel.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

desert ashes

"I believe sinera had something to do with it, as well."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Aiden

"Any guess is as good as any, but Paladin you are a bit loud."

Aiden stood and moved over to a table and sat.
"Now who wants to play a game of senate and ease our minds of our recent troubles?"

Autumn Sativus

I have to agree that Paladin does seem a little suspicious.
Us against the world

LadySky

Since I placed my vote on Remiel this past round I shall place my vote upon him once more. LadySky hangs her head sadly, for she has no clue as to who is truly suspect........
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Aiden

"Now that all the unpleasantness is out of the way...who wants to get honey licked off of them?"
A small jar of honey is lifted to anyone listening with a smile.

Mithlomwen

Still having no idea who might be responsible for the death, Mithlomwen couldn't help but wonder if perhaps Paladin was protesting so loudly because he had something to hide. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Current Voting:

Paladin(5) - Imogen, Aiden, Saffron, Mithlomwen. Esoteric Myobi
Remiel(4) - Xandi, LadySky, sinera, Beguile's Mistress
Imogen(1) - Paladin
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Ryven(0)
Saffron(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Remiel

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

sinera

Sinera shakes her head sadly as she realizes that she was led astray by Remiel. Indeed, he must have been led astray by the gods for some reason - the only reason she could fathom was that he was indeed a traitor.
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi found herself torn between the two likely suspects. Paladin due to his loud protestations, seemingly much more insistent than the situation truly called for. Then Remiel, who's fated decision had led so many others to unknowingly sentence an innocent to a premature death. The only respite she could take from her guilt was that Kyrsa's spirit was surely happily watching over them at this very moment.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Beguile's Mistress

One by one the others spoke, giving their opinion as to who the traitor in their midst could be.  She looked at Paladin who has spoken out the loudest and pointed his finger at Imogen.  Was he the traitor and a murderer?  Moving slowly and silently to the center of the court, knowing others were watching, waiting to hear her speak, she stopped and lowered her head, clasped her the talisman as she had before and prayed for guidance.

"I still have no wish to accuse anyone, least of all a friend or an innocent.  We were wrong about Kyrsa and we could be wrong once more.  I feel my gods have turned from me and my rely on my own devices."  She turned and looked at each of the others then spoke.  "It must be Remiel else why would he say the gods chose Kyrsa?"

Remiel

Remiel just shook his head sadly.  "I...don't understand it.  Why would Ra send me a false signal? Has he not heard my prayer?" 

He paled, listening to the lies and conspiracy leveled against him.  "Friends, I know that it was my omen that led us astray, but do not hold me to blame.  The gods are capricious, their capacities ineffable.  Perhaps it is our suspicion and paranoia that has caused them to turn a deaf ear to us.  We must look to those we least suspect."

He leveled his crook, emblazoned with the Ankh of Reincarnation, at Moirae.  "Friends, it is Moirae who has been misleading you with deceptions.  You were right to suspect her initially."

Imogen

Imogen leaned against a white sand stone column, one arm draped over her stomach. The dark eyes trailed from Paladin to Remiel and despite the loud mouthed accusations of the former she dealt Remiel a thoughtful nod. "I find your reasoning persuasive, Remiel." She stated. "These traitors stalk the shadows. It might be true that Paladin is one of them, hiding in plain sight as the desert cobra basks in the sunshine, but I shall change my vote to Moirae for now."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Final Voting:

Paladin(4) - Aiden, Saffron, Mithlomwen, Esoteric Myobi
Remiel(4) - Xandi, LadySky, sinera, Beguile's Mistress
Moirae(2) - Remiel, Imogen
Imogen(1) - Paladin
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)
Saffron(0)
Xandi(0)

With the courtiers at an impasse, it was decreed that the Priestess of Hathor, the goddess of prophecy, must be consulted.  It took some time -- during which both Paladin and Remiel must have suffered agonies of anticipation -- but at last the word was given.  It was to be Remiel who would pass into the Underworld that day.

As the headsman's axe did its work, the truth was revealed at last -- Remiel was no loyal Fan-Bearer, but a traitorous Soldier of the Moon.  The innocent could rest that much more easily in their beds tonight.

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 2 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Traitors in our midst!!  We must find and rid ourselves of them all.

Imogen

Imogen watched the results with grim satisfaction. "I find it highly ironic, that if he had not made a good argument, I would not have changed my vote and there wouldn't have been a tie. Paladin would have been executed instead. Remiel has been his own executionist. How just is the fist of Ra."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

"Well... that was shocking." 

Moirae eyed the honey jar, snapped it up a moment later and left the room.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Aiden

"Hey! That honey is a packaged deal!"
Aiden rose to his feet and chased after Moirae with a grin.

Valerian

The courtiers slept a little better that night, thankful that the gods had led them to one of the rebels.  And the arrival of Ra's light the next morning brought further good news -- though there were signs that the Soldiers of the Moon had been on the prowl, none had died during the night!  The gods must have watched over them again, guiding the steps of the Royal Guard to the place where the danger lay, and keeping them all safe.  As the court gathered together, the loyal ones among them dared to hope that today might bring fresh good news.

• Aiden
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Caeli
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Paladin
  • Remiel - Soldier of the Moon, lynched, Day 2
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • sinera

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 2 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

Apparently Aiden and a jar of honey were just the trick to keeping herself safe at night.  It was with that thought in mind that she sent a pair of servants to find as many as they could.  However, now to matters at hand...

"There are still traitors among us... and now, we just need to figure out Remiel's conspirators."  Which, as she looked around, wasn't going to be an easy task.  Any of them could be hiding a deadly secret. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

sinera

sinera gazed around at the gathered fan-bearers. Who among them was in fact a Soldier of the Moon instead? She gave thanks to the Gods and Goddesses that none had died in the night at the hands of the fanatics.

She felt sure that Moirae was innocent, as Remiel  had voted against her - why would he vote to lynch one of his co-conspirators? Perhaps Paladin was indeed one of the Soldiers of the Moon; he'd been saved only by the choice of the Priestess of Hathor. Or perhaps it was someone none of them had considered before....

She sighed softly and waited to see how the others voted.

Beguile's Mistress

It took much of the morning and a long period of meditation for Beguile to calm herself.  Two loyal fan-beares were dead:  one by the hand of a traitor and one as the result of a faulty vote.  The fact that one of the traitors had also been eliminated was pleased to her but there was still the shock of knowing a trusted friend had indeed been an enemy.

"I've prayed long and hard to my gods, not for an answer but for courage to speak.   I have watched and I have worried and though the traitors need to die and Remiel's death is a blessing to those he would have killed I do not delight in making my decision.  I'm afraind the Moirae is still suspect in my mind."

Autumn Sativus

Saffron was still upset over the loss of their friends, and surprised at the found enemy. Sighing, she joined the small group that was voting to voice her own opinion. "I still believe that Paladin seems guilty."
Us against the world

Valerian

Current Voting:

Moirae(4) - Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Ryven, Mithlomwen
Paladin(3) - Saffron, Aiden, Esoteric Myobi
Saffron(1) - Paladin
sinera(1) - Moirae
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Caeli(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)

Yet to vote: Caeli, LadySky, sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

After her morning prayers at sunrise, Imogen descended to the council halls and watched her fellow fan bearers. Her gaze rested upon each of them, thoughtful and measuring, before moving on towards the next. "I find merit in Beguile's words. Remiel was a clever man, if a treacherous one."

"He wasted his vote. Rather than securing his own survival by voting Paladin to a certain death, he opted to vote for Moirae. Why? In the answer to that question lies our hope."

"I already see the logical result of his vote in Sinera's words. Moirae's innocence is implied by Remiel's accusation. But why is this so? At the time of Remiel's voting, he had no hope of swaying enough people to condemn her. His hope for survival lay in Paladin's demise. Therefor, survival had not been his goal..."

"He was too clever to vote randomly. I do not believe his vote was a random one."

"The only logical reason that comes to mind is misdirection. Moirae's safety lies in Remiel's accusation, and for that reason, I cast my vote with Beguile's and say that Moirae is a traitor."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ryven

"Moirae must pay for her actions."

Mithlomwen

Mith agrees that Moirae might have something to hide. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Paladin

I believe Saffron wants me dead for some strange and unknown reason. Surely this is a sign that Saffron is a soldier of the moon, and is trying to eliminate me as part of her evil schemes.

Autumn Sativus

What didn't make sense to me, Paladin, was that Remiel - a soldier of the moon - chose to place his vote on someone else instead of you. If he had voted for you, he would have lived. So you must be working on the same team - letting fate decide who would die. Makes sense why you didn't vote for Remiel either, but someone random.
Us against the world

desert ashes

"You're all right ... "  Moirae paused and felt the corners of her mouth tug down.  "I am indeed hiding something, but I assure you, it's not what you think."  Letting out a deep breath, she glanced around, helpless at who could be the real traitors.  "I say sinera."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Aiden

"The only thing Moirae is guilty of is what her tongue is capable of doing when presented a honey slicked chest..."
Aiden smiled widely before he continued, rubbing fading bite marks over his torso.
"I still think Paladin a traitor within our ranks."

Paladin

Quote from: Saffron on May 13, 2010, 02:43:24 PM
What didn't make sense to me, Paladin, was that Remiel - a soldier of the moon - chose to place his vote on someone else instead of you. If he had voted for you, he would have lived. So you must be working on the same team - letting fate decide who would die. Makes sense why you didn't vote for Remiel either, but someone random.

I was already accused. I have no sway over wich way someone else votes. REmiel voted how he wanted to vote, and so did I.

Esoteric Myobi

Paladin's defense echoed plaintively in Myobi's ears and she was unconvinced as to his innocence. Her own thoughts and feelings lay with Saffron's reasonings, though she observed Moirae for a long while as well, eyes shifting slowly between the two as she pondered the situation. Already one fan-bearer had been condemned whilst innocent and uncertainty nagged at her conscience. 

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Paladin on May 13, 2010, 08:13:11 PM
I was already accused. I have no sway over wich way someone else votes. REmiel voted how he wanted to vote, and so did I.

Quote from: Saffron on May 13, 2010, 02:43:24 PM

I rest my case.
Us against the world

LadySky

I must place my vote on Paladin.....

Valerian

Current Voting:

Paladin(5) - Saffron, Aiden, Esoteric Myobi, LadySky, Caeli
Saffron(1) - Paladin
sinera(1) - Moirae
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Caeli(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)

Yet to vote: sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

"The argument is convincing; indeed, the argument against Paladin holds a lot of weight."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

sinera

sinera shakes her head, unable to fathom why Moirae should be convinced that she was a traitor. "I must concur. Paladin seems to be next for the headman."

She bows her head and turns away, unable to bear it if he should be found innocent, yet unable to leave, needing to know if she was wrong in her vote.

desert ashes

Moirae gave an apologetic glance to sinera.  She'd simply given a purely random name!
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

Final Voting:

Paladin(6) - Saffron, Aiden, Esoteric Myobi, LadySky, Caeli, sinera
Saffron(1) - Paladin
sinera(1) - Moirae
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Caeli(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)

The will of the court was clear, and there was little time lost in carrying out the sentence.  Once more the sands were stained with blood, and once more it was the blood of a traitor.  For Paladin had been a Soldier of the Moon, loyal only to the traitor Ahmose, and the king and his court were now that much safer.  Truly, the gods were smiling on Apries.

• Aiden
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Caeli
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Paladin - Soldier of the Moon, lynched, Day 3
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • sinera

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 1 Soldier of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The next morning, the courtiers assembled cautiously, almost afraid to discover what had happened as they slept.  It quickly became clear that not one, but two of their number had perished while Ra sailed through the underworld, and the court was soon in uproar.  A loyal Fan-Bearer, Beguile's Mistress, was now resting in the arms of Osiris.

And shockingly, the very person the courtiers looked to for protection, the Royal Guard himself, Ryven, was also journeying to the realm of the dead.

The decision today took on a new urgency, for it now seemed as though the favor of the gods was no longer so certain as it had been...

• Aiden
  • Beguile's Mistress - Fan-Bearer, killed Night 3
  • Caeli
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Paladin - Soldier of the Moon, lynched, Day 3
  • Ryven - Royal Guard, killed Night 3
  • Saffron
  • sinera

There are 6 Fan-Bearers, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 1 Soldier of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

Ensuring that Ryven and Beguile's Mistress rites were performed with all honors and their tombs were sealed with all items their souls might want in the afterlife, Imogen returned to the spacious halls of the Son of Ra's council.

"Again the traitor among us strikes in the night, and twice this time, at the heart of all that is just and loyal." She said. "And with Ryven, my ally journeys into the realm of Osiris."

"I found out earlier that he was the Royal Guard, just as I found that Moirae is a traitor."

"It was my learnings in the first night past that compelled me to change my vote from Paladin to Moirae when Remiel proclaimed her guilty: I knew that he was correct. It was for this same reason that I voted for her again when suspicion lay heavily upon Paladin. I knew she was guilty; him, I only suspected."

"I ask all of you to support me and purge our halls of the last of the evil festering in our midst."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

"Or perhaps, Imogen, it was you all along plotting with Remiel and Paladin and I am no more than your scapegoat.  My whereabouts can be confirmed," thanks to a few jars of honey.  "And I have committed no treason.  I am not the traitor they seek, but I believe you are."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

"The only defense you have left, Moirae." Imogen smiled. "I doubt anyone shall be swayed by that obvious attempt. It was Paladin who tried first to put blame upon me. It was my change of vote that sealed Remiel's fate."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mithlomwen

Sticking with her vote from the last time, Mithlomwen names Moirae as a traitor. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Autumn Sativus

Considering that Paladin and Moirae were the only two not to vote against each other, the final Soldier of the Moon was obvious to Saffron. "There's no question that you are the last of the evil left, Moirae."
Us against the world

Caeli

"Hopefully, Moirae will be the last of the traitors."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

desert ashes

Softly Moirae sighed and repressed the urge to rub her temples.  "Truly, the choice you're making is one you'll come to regret.  Please, believe me.  I've done no more than entertain myself with honey... and a certain gentleman."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

Current Voting:

Moirae(4) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, Saffron, Caeli, LadySky
Esoteric Myobi(1) - Aiden
Imogen(1) - Moirae
Aiden(0)
Caeli(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Saffron(0)
sinera(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi, sinera

There are 6 Fan-Bearers, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 1 Soldier of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

A look of uncertainty crossed his handsome features as it seemed like everyone had turned on his lover, unsure if she really was a solider of the moon he refused to give her up unless he had better proof.
"Esoteric Myobi"
He had guessed but if he would return to his chambers alone that night as least he would know he had nothing to do with Moirae's death...

LadySky

"Though I am not certain in my choice one must be made. I vote Moirae as the enemy."

sinera

Sinera shakes her head, sure that at this point her vote doesn't matter. "I'm sorry, Moirae." She whispers and turns sorrowfully to walk quietly to a seat nearby, again unable to leave, feeling a need to see if she had cast her vote well.

Esoteric Myobi

It seemed that at this point, even if she had voted differently Moirae's fate was already beyond her reach. Myobi could do nothing more than to stand to the side with the others and wait to see the results of their votes.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Valerian

Final Voting:

Moirae(7) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, Saffron, Caeli, LadySky, sinera, Esoteric Myobi
Esoteric Myobi(1) - Aiden
Imogen(1) - Moirae
Aiden(0)
Caeli(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Saffron(0)
sinera(0)

It was clear almost from the beginning of the vote that Moirae could not be saved.  Her protests of innocence fell on deaf ears -- and indeed, that was perhaps no surprise, since Moirae was not, in fact, innocent.  She was the third and final Soldier of the Moon, and the Kingdom of Egypt was secure under Apries' rule -- at least for the moment.  For once the people begin to doubt their ruler so deeply, it is very difficult for that ruler ever to feel secure on the throne again...

There are 6 Fan-Bearers, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 0 Soldiers of the Moon.

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE