Ultimate JLA, DC comics game, LGTBD characters welcome

Started by VoluptuousVixen, February 08, 2015, 04:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoluptuousVixen

My reason for having despero as a pre installed bad guy meant we had a foundation for the story. So a last the founding members have a common ground and know each other. With superman, wonder woman, Batman, green lantern, flash, atom and language as a core team it opens it up for the others to come in.

If we say draperies happens six Weeks ago it gives the other heroes a chance to be inspired to join the team.
If you want John to join later he can.

But some people have posted in both threads so, I will do some tweekin if you don't want your chars mentioned and we can go from.there.

vatovie

No I'll go with the plot you posted.  I'll have my post up later today.  :)

TheVillain

Yeah, but a potential world-breaker like Despero for the pre-work? Appetizer comes before the Meal, Lois.

You should of used someone like Felix Faust, worked your way up. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Juggtacular

Quote from: TheVillain on February 19, 2015, 10:19:52 AM
Yeah, but a potential world-breaker like Despero for the pre-work? Appetizer comes before the Meal, Lois.

You should of used someone like Felix Faust, worked your way up. :P

Well an entire army of Despero's sounds pretty scary. They all don't have his psychic powers I believe but if his army is anywhere near him physically then they'll be more than enough when they finally come into play. Despero nearly wrecked the team, and he was alone. Imagine how much damage an entire army can do, psych powers or no.

TheVillain

Exactly. So why is she handwaving them away with a "you already beat them, tah!"?
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Juggtacular

Well it's Lois' game. She can take it in any way she wants as this is her brain child. Secondly, Despero was defeated, his army simply retreated for the time being considering losing a general is one thing, but losing your leader who is considered something like a God Emperor and considered unbeatable will really shake you to your core. So them backing off for the time being makes sense. She never said they wouldn't come back. And since it's only been 6 weeks since Despero's defeat, maybe she wants the League and the new members to cut their teeth handling other stuff so they can build up to another potential worldwide cataclysm.

Etherealgirl

That does sound like something she wants to do. I thought the RP would be more emphasis on getting to know your fellow teammates and all that.

TheVillain

That might work, actually. The world thinks it's beaten Despero, the JL thinks they've beaten Despero - but he's only slinked back into space to get ready for Round 2.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheVillain on February 19, 2015, 10:26:48 AM
Exactly. So why is she handwaving them away with a "you already beat them, tah!"?

Or maybe shut it and let her do it how she wants? That'd be great.

TheVillain

The problem is that how she wants turned out to be a bait-and-switch from what she said she wanted. And she had easily weeks to correct people from the misunderstandings she had plenty of time to realize was going on.

Granted, personally it looks like the bait-and-switch was unintentional so I'm not holding it against her on a personal level - but the pitch she gave us and her actual plans turned out to be radically different and someone should call her on that.

Thought admittedly, I might of got a bit sidetracked on story points as well. :P

vatovie

The Despero arc was written is past tense and the opening hell arc was in present and future tense.  There was no bait and switch there was a misunderstanding from people not paying attention to the tense. Then Lois not realizing what happened and getting a bit confused as well.  So then she couldn't easily fix the problem.

TheVillain

Still not buying it, but I am starting to worry that I'm straying into asshole territory.

I'll just roll with it, your game Lois!

Batman4560

Is there an OOC thread I am not seeing? I really think that is something that should have come long ago.

TheVillain

As far as I know, no. And agreed, we should of got the OOC thread up a while ago.

Darth Deadpool

Blegh the snow here has been horrendous, and made my internet spotty, at best. Things seem to be cleared up now, so I should have a post for Barry up tonight. Sorry for the delay  :-)
I'm back, and currently looking!

My Requests

F-List

Etherealgirl

vatovie

Yeah.  All we need is superman. I don't think he knows he was accepted though. 

Matttheman89

Swordsman18

Here is an OOC that we can use for communication.
OOC Thread

I am working on compiling an approved character thread. Since I am not sure who approved I am going by the characters listed on the two IC threads. So for those involved in those IC threads put your characters here:
Approved Character Thread

Deathnote

I'm considering playing as either Red Hood (to continue the trend of anti-heroes joining) or Wally West (to give the B-Team their own speedster).

mia h

Quote from: Deathnote on February 23, 2015, 11:27:42 PM
I'm considering playing as either Red Hood (to continue the trend of anti-heroes joining) or Wally West (to give the B-Team another speedster).
Not sure Superman would think of himself as being in the B-Team, but whatever. As long as you're the one telling him he's on the B-Team that's fine with me.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Deathnote

He's Superman!  He'll be fine with it.  It's Batman I'm worried about.  :p

Seriously though, didn't mean to put the word 'another' in there. >_>

*Goes to make the edit*

VoluptuousVixen

If you played red hood, then he wouldn't have been robin yet. Its been etablished that Batman hasn't recruited any sidekicks yet.

Juggtacular