Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Which no one will be able to watch since its on the NFL Network (i think).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Bayushi

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 10, 2008, 08:27:24 AMWhich no one will be able to watch since its on the NFL Network (i think).

Indeed it is. Which is disappointing, as it seems to be a big marquee game. The top teams in the league's top/toughest division duking it out, with the 'new' Brett Favre against the Brady-less Patriots.

I'm disappointed that they're making it NFL Network exclusive, as there are a LOT of people who'd like to watch it who aren't in those team's media market areas. Not to mention, I'd like to have Pro Ball for a third day of the week.(soon to be four days when they start playing on Saturdays)

Stupid Stupid NFL Network....

MagicalPen

Yeah, I think its dumb. No one got to see Brady Quinns debut either. And this game - Jets vs Pats - was always going to be a big one, even if its just a rivalry game. Ah, at least I have myp2p.eu and should hopefully be able to watch the game on that.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

I'm pretty sure I'll get it ... I get the NFL channel... It's on the guide.  So I hope I get to watch it.  :)

King_Furby

i haven't tried this but i guess there is a companion boardcast here
http://www.nfl.com/live/landing

not sure if the entire game will be able to be viewed with video but it will have play by play comentary.

I wish i had nfl network, from what i understand the nfl is asking an ungodly price or something to have their network on cable. not sure if thats right but a website said something like that.

Go pats

MagicalPen

I still suggest www.myp2p.eu  I am hoping the game will be broadcast on it. Slim chance, but one can only hope.

J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Oniya

I know this won't help most of us, but isn't there some provision that in the home markets, there has to be some kind of broadcast is the game is sold out (It's in Boston, it's a Pats game, it's sold out.) as well as in the away team's home market (i.e., New York)?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MagicalPen

I don't think so. NFL Network owns all the rights to the game. Technically its broadcast to anyone who has the channel, but you have to pay extra to get the channel.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

King_Furby

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 12, 2008, 07:02:24 AM
I still suggest www.myp2p.eu  I am hoping the game will be broadcast on it. Slim chance, but one can only hope.

J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!

Might not mean anything but myp2p.eu lists the game as being on friday though it's really on thursday. but hopefully it will still boardcast there, for those of us who cant get nfl network.

MagicalPen

Change the time to EST and it will be correct. Standard display of time is GMT, so it probably says 1AM or something. :)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

I think we get the NFL channel standard with the DirectTV package.  *shrugs* 

King_Furby

Yea directtv and a few others all get it standard. but no not comcast..grrr.

well lets get talking more about this upcoming game.

It should be a good game i been wating to see the New York Bret's go against the Pats. I would like to see alot of long throws in the game

looks like whole game will be on nfl/live. great video quality its on now

Caity

Oh my GOD!   I am going nuts! 

They won, they won, they won!!! :D

I can't express how proud I am to be a fan of Brett Favre's right now, this is one of the best games he's played in a long time.  Clean, exciting, nearly flawless.   Oh man, I'm nearly in tears.  I am so so happy he went to the Jets, they all played an incredible, incredible game. 

Now I have to go watch the press conference.  :P

MagicalPen

Woohoo Jets! That was a HUGE win! Next up: Tennessee!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Will

Brett Favre vs. Courtland Finnegan.  This might get ugly for the gunslinger!  I think it's run the ball or die for the Jets. :P

Go Titans!
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

MagicalPen

Titans are sneaking undefeated at the moment, but they also haven't face a good team yet.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Will

Okay, honestly, there aren't many good teams in the AFC, period.

Have you seen Tennessee play?  They do everything right, and I can't understand why it wouldn't translate to any team anywhere.  Besides, Baltimore doesn't qualify?  I think they're a decent team...

I guarantee you nobody in the league wants to play Tennessee right now.

EDIT:  Besides, nobody "sneaks" 9-0.  It doesn't happen.

- Jack Kerouac

MagicalPen

They haven't garnered much attention, and Baltimore has a Rookie QB and no stars on offense. Haven't seen the Titans play, but I also don't think they've faced a real test yet. Detroit has a much better chance at going Winless then the Titans have at going undefeated.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Will

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 14, 2008, 08:12:59 AM
Detroit has a much better chance at going Winless then the Titans have at going undefeated.

Of course.  It's much easier to lose than win.  And as far as the Ravens, their strength isn't offense anyway, but their offense has been coming together slowly all year.  Flacco is getting a lot better fast, and McGahee can still run the ball.

I think that Tennessee has gone under the radar a lot because they're just not flashy.  They're nothing like the Pats of last year.  They win games with solid defense and running - not exactly highlight material.  Of course, these are the things that win playoff games, and SUPER BOWLS.  I mean, look what happened to the Pats!  You think the Giants got lucky?  Alright, maybe the David Tyree catch was lucky, but NY made the best scoring offense in history look stupid in that game.  How?  Rushing the passer and running the ball.

- Jack Kerouac

MagicalPen

I've been preaching that for years - all you have to do is put PRESSURE on BRADY and he looks like a little school-girl. If you pressure the QB anywhere, he's going to make mistakes and throw incompletions. Still, I'll start giving the Titans credit once they start beating good teams. That matchup vs. the Giants should be a good one.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Will

Agreed.  He's only human, and nobody likes to get knocked down.  People talk about him like he's frackin' Superman.  Pfff.

The Giants?  Yeah, that'll be great.  And you know what?  I hope they lose.  Then they'll stay under the radar, and no one will give them any credit.  *cackles evilly*

- Jack Kerouac

Caity

The Jets have been running the ball.  They ran the ball last night quite a bit. 
I have confidence that they can beat the Titans.  :D

King_Furby

I am mad that the pats lost. But i knew it was over as soon as jets got the ball in OT.

the pats totally blew their defense coverage on was it like a 3rd and 15. cant quite recall. But i was like come on you could have had that.

Caity

Both teams messed up on coverage and had other opportunities to score.  I thought the Jets were going to lose when they let the Pats score right before halftime.  I was praying that they weren't going to count the Moss touchdown.  :P 

Jay

I was praying they didn't go for two.  The way the jets defense was sucking that last quarter they probably could have got it.