Hate to Make/Love to Eat?

Started by PennySludt, January 23, 2016, 11:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

Okay, I was thinking about Rice Crispy treats this morning (don't ask me why!?) and I was thinking how much I LOVE Rice Crispy treats. I could easily eat a whole pan! But I HATE making them. No, not hate...ABHOR!

So that got me wondering what other people love to eat but hate to make?
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Phantomhive

love to eat sorbet/ice cream but find it long and laborious task to make before eating. That takes the fun out of eating it so I go buy it from the supermarket *sighs*
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

ChefofDreams

I love Gyoza, I really love making them too, its peaceful and it just calms you down and gives you time to think. But damn it I want 40 of these things and that is a good hour or so and its just too time consuming, make 15 and I am done, lets just go to the local dumpling house!
Slowly it burns.

Gladiolusopening

Tiramisu. I love tiramisu.

...but it is a pain to make. I mean, if you're not making the lady fingers from scratch it's less of a thing, but if you are it takes forever, and it's still sort of a pain and then you have to wait and...*sigh*

So I just get it when I eat out. Besides, if I made it I would have a whole tiramisu in my house and then would most likely eat all of it. Mmmm.
And now I want tiramisu. Dang it.

PennySludt

Oh damn! Tiramisu! I LOVE that! And now I want some too!! Gee, thanks! :P lol!
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Gladiolusopening

Yes, suffer with me. MUWAHAHAHAHA.  >:)

...I really do want some. Maybe this weekend. At least I have iced coffee to drink.  ;D

...I have a small iced coffee habit. At least a cold brew is easy to do at home and I don't have to constantly buy it. (Plus Starbucks' iced coffee is nasty.)

Beguile's Mistress

I didn't think there was anything I could put here but then I remembered cream puffs and eclairs.  Making the pate a chous is a pain though the finished product when filled with anything is marvelous.

ErisXfrost

It may sound silly, but mine is gingerbread!

The recipe I have, though it is incredibly delicious, turns into a very thick, almost tar-like mess before it becomes the actual 'dough'. It stresses my mixer. xD

But, though making it does give me nightmares, I can't complain about the finished product. I could eat it like crazy.~

Lain

OMG! I totally forgot those!!! xD
My Heritage Is Rebellion.

ErisXfrost

I thought it would be a good idea to make an entire gingerbread house from scratch-- I was gravely mistaken. xD

Beguile's Mistress

I've made gingerbread houses from scratch - but - I've used a molasses cookie dough for rolled and cut out cookies.  The dough is simple and when rolled thick enough it is very sturdy.  Plus, if you make it a little more stiff than the cookie recipe it doesn't distort when it bakes so very little trimming is needed.

Lain

Eris- Ohhh dear I can only imagine the mess... x.x

Mistress- Thanks for the tip! I have never made a house before but I just may try it next year coming

ErisXfrost

Yes, thank you for the advice! ^.^

If you do make them, Lain, be careful of the monster that is gingerbread! xD;

(It probably isn't that bad, just a little bit of a traumatized Eris) >.>

Gladiolusopening

This thread is making me really hungry!

Count me in with the crowd who wants to do a gingerbread house next Christmas! I think my cookie recipe would lend well to a house.

Erisxfrost, you do yours in a mixer? Mine is wooden spoon and hands only, my beloved mixer would not be pleased with it.

ErisXfrost

The first time I made it, I did it by hand-- I try to make everything by hand, when I have the chance to.

It became a sticky mess, though. xD

I tried again, using a stand mixer, and even it seemed to have some trouble.

I think, what the issue was, was the recipe was too large. I feel like, if I halved the recipe itself, that I would have a much easier time-- but I wasn't thinking about that at the time.

Lain

I am so afraid when I use my beloved stand mixer with the gingerbread recipe. c.c I am so protective of that thing! Lol!

Meowsly

There are a lot of things I hate to make, mostly because I hate cleaning up afterwards, not so much the cooking process itself.

Like, I love baking cookies, but cleaning up afterwards is so annoying. Especially by the time you're done baking all you want to do is eat cookies, not scrub out bowls and spoons, you know?

Sevenpercentsolution

I'm the opposite, I love cooking and baking and experimenting with food, but I often have no appetite or I find eating kind of a chore, even if I love all the smells and textures and the experience of food.

PennySludt

Gladiolusopening

I don't think anyone likes the clean up though. It's like

I HAVE CAKE! VICTORY.

*the kitchen is full of dirty dishes, covered in batter, flour, and icing, and somehow you've lost the whisk attachment on your standing mixer*

...goddamnit.

Then you let the cake cool and wash the dishes and it turns out that the whisk attachment is under the sink and then when the kitchen is clean you eat too much cake and milk and watch television. Is good.

PennySludt