Ladies of the stars - Space Opera RPG (Now Recruiting Female Players Only)

Started by Ada, September 07, 2014, 10:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Emjay

Quote from: Chrystal on September 23, 2014, 03:26:49 PM
Yes, sorry to loose you. I'm sure our paths will cross again :)

Hope to work with you at some point! I'll see you around!  ;D
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Timidity

I... Would like to join. But for now I'm just marking this under interested because no character concept is coming to mind. I don't know why. I'm just drawing blanks. But I'll do a bit more reading and looking around, hopefully inspiration will hit before I go to work.
To those I'm writing with, read the A&As for a brief heads up.
POSTING UPDATE: 11/15/16- Ha ha. I only thought it was almost over. Gosh I lied to myself.  e_e I'm working on post slowly as I can, but my time varies and probably will until after Thanksgiving break. Then things may be more settled,  so expect delays until then. I sincerely apologize for this, and if you'd like to put a hold on a story or stop it all together just let me know. Otherwise, I deeply appreciate your patience. n_n
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: Timidity on September 23, 2014, 03:48:28 PM
I... Would like to join. But for now I'm just marking this under interested because no character concept is coming to mind. I don't know why. I'm just drawing blanks. But I'll do a bit more reading and looking around, hopefully inspiration will hit before I go to work.

Feel free to check out our IC threads. We're just getting started but maybe they'll inspire you!
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - A's and A's - Back after a long absence. If you recognize me, feel free to reach out and start something fresh with me. If not, no hard feelings.

Timidity

Alright, well I'm thinking of something. Possibly the chef/maintenance (Aka Janitor) lol. She does not have much texhnucal experience, or leader ship experience, in fact she's pretty much useless. HOWEVER. Through enhancement from the word she lived on, she has the art of mimicry.  Not so much shape shifting as it is like being a copy cat. As long as the form is humanoid, she can shift into it. However I will be creating limitation because its something she won't be able to hold out for very long as it will injure her after a certain point. This she's good for going under cover or even getting them through security points (if needing by being able to mimic guards. Yet again, she's not very useful elsewhere. That's my general idea at least.
POSTING UPDATE: 11/15/16- Ha ha. I only thought it was almost over. Gosh I lied to myself.  e_e I'm working on post slowly as I can, but my time varies and probably will until after Thanksgiving break. Then things may be more settled,  so expect delays until then. I sincerely apologize for this, and if you'd like to put a hold on a story or stop it all together just let me know. Otherwise, I deeply appreciate your patience. n_n
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: Timidity on September 23, 2014, 05:20:41 PM
Alright, well I'm thinking of something. Possibly the chef/maintenance (Aka Janitor) lol. She does not have much texhnucal experience, or leader ship experience, in fact she's pretty much useless. HOWEVER. Through enhancement from the word she lived on, she has the art of mimicry.  Not so much shape shifting as it is like being a copy cat. As long as the form is humanoid, she can shift into it. However I will be creating limitation because its something she won't be able to hold out for very long as it will injure her after a certain point. This she's good for going under cover or even getting them through security points (if needing by being able to mimic guards. Yet again, she's not very useful elsewhere. That's my general idea at least.

The setting doesn't have any aliens, the closest thing is post-humans of various forms, each with their own advantages and drawbacks. Are you thinking the mimicry would be specific enough to mirror someone's face? I could see a limited form of this being plausible for the setting and crew, especially if you're creating someone not otherwise very skilled, but I'd be interested to learn how she came about such a talent/augmentation. Something that would change pigment and shape of the face and body a little, but maybe nothing that would hold up to any sort of inspection (at least not at the level your character would operate) would probably be appropriate. Useful for losing a tail or matching a general description but not for fooling anyone who knows the target.
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - A's and A's - Back after a long absence. If you recognize me, feel free to reach out and start something fresh with me. If not, no hard feelings.

Chrystal

Chameleon cloth is a fairly standard cyberpunk camouflage so this could be something she uses... However if it is that readily available, others in the crew would use it too.

How about, her skin has been genetically altered and coated with a holographic projector. Under normal circumstances she might look like this:

But she can project any clothing skin colour and face onto her skin. Touch it and it is clear it is an illusion.

Just a suggestion?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

ElvenKitten

Abigail Stewart 
Name: Nexus Breach (Abigail Stewart)
Description: Abigail usually has dark hair and her eye implants are usually set to blue. She is short (around 5’1 and though twenty six is often mistaken for a teenager. She seems to be able to change her voice and vocabulary easily  depending on the situation and able to talk about utter inane nonsense for hours.
Specialty: Communications, public relations, and other talky things.
Home Planet: Orbital colony Aprilius 4: A utopian/dystopian habitat for the families of employees of the Yaland Jacobs corporation, the colony uses the hourglass colony design and contains two temperate biomes connected through a column housing the docking bay and corporate offices. Roughly twenty percent of the two biomes is given over to food production the rest is residential and commercial blocks. The environment is carefully engineered to give the residents a safe and peaceful environment. 

The colony has little the way of defences and it has little military value. There is little to no crime as all residents are psychologically screened for aberrant behaviour. The corporation provides education, medical and emergency services for residents and there are several safe forms of recreation scattered around the residential and commercial areas.

Reason for Leaving Home: No longer a fit for the Yaland Jacobs family due to aberrant behavior and continued attempts to corrupt the corporate image of the Yaland Jacobs group.
Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship:
Further Background Information: Abigail grew up in a painfully dull sterile corporate environment which was fine it seemed for everyone around her. She excelled with anything technical and was also very good with people and was generally well liked at school though she started to find it all very dull and saw the futility in everyday life as the child of a corporate asset being made into another corporate asset. 

She managed to fool the psych tests enough to be considered a “creative resource” and worked for a while in the public relations department, making deals and greeting new clients. She was doing well but the tedium of her life and dealing with the unwanted sexual advances of her boss was getting to her.

During a late night at the office she lost control and punched him after he made his latest crude move. She was fined heavily and was demoted to the communications department, after months of even more dull work he snapped and used her new access to the system to broadcast her story to the entire sector along with any other corporate dirty laundry she could find. This of course ended her career with Yaland Jacobs and she started drifting from place to place doing odd jobs. She found herself fitting in better with the people away from the colony and found herself truly happy for the first time.

She started to get into pulling simple cons to get enough money to keep moving and found her old public relations skills helped a lot. As her cons grew more daring she had hair and eye implants so she could change her appearance. She got hold of a comercial broadcast shuttle after a lucrative con and put out a pirate broadcast calling herself Nexus Breach bringing the best tunes from old earth and the scoop on corporate greed. Her broadcast became really popular in resistance circles as well as with the young and rebellious and the fact she moved around made it hard for the corporations to catch her. 

Warrants for your arrest (optional): Illegal broadcast, inciting unlawful behavior and lewd conduct. 
Criminal Background (optional): Three counts of petty theft two counts of fraud
I'm really good at: Solving disputes (sometimes creatively), making deals, making friends, maintaining communications gear and fast talk 
I'm really bad at: Flying spacecraft, driving ground vehicles, hand to hand combat, violence in general and relationships.  A tendency to not shut the hell up and digging herself deeper sometimes.
My favorite place: Her broadcast shuttle
The person I miss most: Her parents even if they are corporate pawns
The person I admire most: Cyberpunk Sally, her inspiration for her own show
O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=42584
If my player drops or can not post for a while please:I'd be ok with having someone take over my character to move on the story.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Chrystal on September 23, 2014, 05:54:56 PM

How about, her skin has been genetically altered and coated with a holographic projector. Under normal circumstances she might look like this:

Must not see...adorable...plot...bunny....
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Timidity

Quote from: Ada on September 23, 2014, 05:40:57 PM
The setting doesn't have any aliens, the closest thing is post-humans of various forms, each with their own advantages and drawbacks. Are you thinking the mimicry would be specific enough to mirror someone's face? I could see a limited form of this being plausible for the setting and crew, especially if you're creating someone not otherwise very skilled, but I'd be interested to learn how she came about such a talent/augmentation. Something that would change pigment and shape of the face and body a little, but maybe nothing that would hold up to any sort of inspection (at least not at the level your character would operate) would probably be appropriate. Useful for losing a tail or matching a general description but not for fooling anyone who knows the target.

Quote from: Chrystal on September 23, 2014, 05:54:56 PM
Chameleon cloth is a fairly standard cyberpunk camouflage so this could be something she uses... However if it is that readily available, others in the crew would use it too.

But she can project any clothing skin colour and face onto her skin. Touch it and it is clear it is an illusion.

Just a suggestion?

Mk, well if the ability is too much, I'll be more than happy to switch to the holographic projection skin. Essentially I was going for an advanced evolution on a vicious planet. In a nutshell, she developed an extra gland that produces the chemical which makes the mimicry possible. I figured it still made her human but with her own advantage where she really has none otherwise.
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: Timidity on September 24, 2014, 08:45:16 AM
Mk, well if the ability is too much, I'll be more than happy to switch to the holographic projection skin. Essentially I was going for an advanced evolution on a vicious planet. In a nutshell, she developed an extra gland that produces the chemical which makes the mimicry possible. I figured it still made her human but with her own advantage where she really has none otherwise.

The thing is, evolution takes a really long time and we're only looking 3,500 years in the future, even in 35,000 years, adaptations wouldn't be very significant. She could be genetically engineered or cyberneticly enhanced but humans haven't really evolved significantly in that time period.

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Timidity

Quote from: Ada on September 24, 2014, 08:51:01 AM
The thing is, evolution takes a really long time and we're only looking 3,500 years in the future, even in 35,000 years, adaptations wouldn't be very significant. She could be genetically engineered or cyberneticly enhanced but humans haven't really evolved significantly in that time period.

Hmm. Alright, I understand and shall go back to the drawing board for now.
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: Timidity on September 24, 2014, 12:30:37 PM
Hmm. Alright, I understand and shall go back to the drawing board for now.

I'm not saying you need to scrap the whole idea, but natural evolution isn't really going to be an option. There could be a subset of post humans for which it would be an inherited trait, but the modification was originally artificial somewhere in their lineage.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Timidity

Quote from: Ada on September 24, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
I'm not saying you need to scrap the whole idea, but natural evolution isn't really going to be an option. There could be a subset of post humans for which it would be an inherited trait, but the modification was originally artificial somewhere in their lineage.

Oh no no, I'm not scraping it but I am going to change it up and do some brainstorming. :3
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: NubianPrincess on September 24, 2014, 01:15:08 PM
I'm definitely interested in joining this! :)

Welcome! Let me know if you have any questions. Most of the info you need should be in the first post.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Ada

Timidity

I do hope this works, let me know if I need to make any changes or additions. :3

Karmen Hartigan - Culinary Extrodinaire
Name: Karmen Hartigan
Description: At 26 years of age, the curvaceous Karmen of alabaster skin, stands at five foot and seven inches tall.  With toned legs, trailing up to wide hips, most would find this woman cooking up more in the sheets than in the kitchen. Wide hips are complimented by her slightly slimmer waistline, of which leads up to her busty D-cups.
Although her onyx hair seem black and untamed from the beaded style of dreads, it's usually held with various head bands and even handkerchiefs at times. To most she appears to be violent and dark, as bright green eyes are usually accented with heavily smoky make up, but one look at her seductive smile says otherwise. Generally she appears in various tanks and lacy skirts, with the addition of combat boots and a white apron, not the assumed chefs robes but she has always been of a different kind.
Specialty: Culinary, Drug trade, cultural consultant, and knives.
Home Planet: To say she has a set home would be false. Although she was born on the planet Dratisen, she has been constantly traveling since pre-adolesence. Her parents were cooks, just as she is, and they traveled by shuttle to not only sell their cuisine but to learn more of other foods from multiple worlds. This not only opened up her eyes to different ways people lived, but to the resources they offered as well.

Her mother and father encouraged her to be in the kitchen with them as she grew up, and most of her recipes came from them. As she became an adult, her parents chose to retire and leave the business to her. This was both a gift and yet the start of her curse. When she started out, she was barely able to keep the regulars her parents had. Although she knew the recipes, most complained the meals were not as good as they used to be. Karmen was in a panic, she needed the funds and she did not want to disappoint her parents. An offer came one day, by a shady man who promised her a flourishing business as well as extra profit. He sold her a special drug, it made the food taste better but also had addictive properties.

Karmen knew her new way of running the traveling kitchen was wrong, but as money came in and her parents praise as well, she could not help herself. Soon she was selling the drug alongside her food. Different worlds were soon exposed thanks to her cooking. She even managed to wrangle in assistance to help distribute the narcotic. It was all going well until authorities of Erlik-5 were tipped of her suspicious activity upon her visit. An official went undercover, posing as a seller who wanted in on her wealth. She was clueless to the setup, and ended up being busted.

Luckily she managed to get away, however the accounts she stored her money in were frozen. This now left her broke and starting from the bottom again, while also a fugitive in the process. Her parents had gotten word of what she had done. They wanted her to turn herself in, but Karmen simply could not face the consequence. She returned the shuttle craft to them, said her goodbyes and traveled else where to find some sort of salvation.
Reason for Leaving Home: Salvation, as well as redemption. She hopes to start a new life somewhere, and to escape her past.
Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: One of her old distributors told her about the ship. With some charm and offer of her services, she joined up and hoped to hitch a ride or even find a purpose in a new land elsewhere. The meals she offered were far more appetizing than dehydrated rations, so it was agreed she would serve and even offer knowledge of what she knew about the worlds she had visited.
Further Background Information: Karmen has never done the drug she sold herself, but some exposure to it has given her a case of mild paranoia. Randomly she will lash out and make accusations if she feels others are trying to deceive her. The fact that she is on the run, as well as being tricked by an undercover official, has also put her on high alert. Thus she rarely trusts anyone easily, keeping her inner circle a very small one. 

Years in the drug business has also caused her to be very cautious. She trained herself in her free time to use short blades, just in case she needed to make a quick getaway from a shady deal. Although she is not a professional, she does have knowledge on the critical points to make cuts, this also being a trait of her butchery skills.
Warrants for your arrest (optional): Drug smuggling/distribution.
Criminal Background (optional): Aside from starting a small network of dealings, as well as dealing the drug herself, she even distributed drugs into the food to her unknowing customers. This hooked many onto the narcotic, those who are still trying to go through the process of rehab to get off it.
I'm really good at: Cooking, cutting, smooth talking, learning things quickly, yelling (usually when her paranoia is triggered)
I'm really bad at: Handling stressful situations, making friends and trusting people, most technology, and keeping focus (unless its cooking related)
My favorite place: Anywhere that does not have her imprisoned.
The person I miss most: Her parents. She looked up to them, and wanted to make them proud. She regrets the choice she made, and hopes one day she can ask for forgiveness and make amends with them.
The person I admire most: Her parents, they taught her everything she knew as well as giving her their business to take over.
O/Os:Link
If my player drops or can not post for a while please: Have someone take her over, write her out, NPC her, I'm cool with any of it.
Le Musings