Palestinian doctor loses his family live on Israeli TV.

Started by Vekseid, January 18, 2009, 05:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeval

I have lived in Israel.I have dual citizenship...I have very close friends there..I worked as a kindergarten teacher in a moshav just outside Kfar Saba..a far suburb of Tel Aviv..The older women would tell me how it was the Arab men from the surrounding villages that would help the Jewish women in the moshav pick the cotton and olives when the Israeli men were called to serve..The Israeli men are in reserves until they are 45...they serve at least a few weeks a year in peaceful times..in times of war they can be called as often as is needed..
This video breaks my heart..no one wins in this..no side is the victor..The everyday person on BOTH sides wants peace..wants to see their children grow up..This war is not being waged by 'the eveyday person'..no war ever is..

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

adventurer

its a deep drama which cries for fresh perspectives and solutions. I have friends in Palestine, Mideast and Israel.

Lets eee how Barack is referring to Mideast. How Europe and world.

Lots of citizen power will be needed too.

My deepest compassion for all people suffering in this conflict.
"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

adventurer

"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

PhantomPistoleer

I get that Jewish people are peace-loving people.

I get that there's a lot of stuff going on in the Middle East that I won't understand.

But seriously, I wish that the Israel military would fucking get a life and stop being assholes.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

adventurer

Nobody solved the riddle up to now. there are assholes in every part of the world.

The Europeans too did not suceed in creating breakthroughs. Its a task for the whole world.

And maybe the toughest one on the planet..
(Plato)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: adventurer on January 19, 2009, 02:06:36 AM
Nobody solved the riddle up to now. there are assholes in every part of the world.

The Europeans too did not suceed in creating breakthroughs. Its a task for the whole world.

And maybe the toughest one on the planet..

Cool.  Let's start up a "Please stop being assholes, and we're talking about you in particular, Israel" petition.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

adventurer

(Plato)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: adventurer on January 19, 2009, 02:12:39 AM
Who is you?

Who is we?

Who is us?

::moves mouth, but words are not sync'd::

Your.  Philosophy-fu!  Is.  Better than my.  Philosophy-fu.

Either that.  Or your philosophy-fu.  Is really.  Really, really.  Annoying me.

So you win.  I forfeit.  You may have.  The sacred totem.  Of Judoka Maeda.

::bows::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

adventurer

I find the third win helpful. See Harvard Negotiation Project:):)

Win-win-win

(Plato)

RubySlippers

The Palestinians shouldn't have a large number supporting Hamas then its clear to me enough of the people are with them, maybe if they turned and helped the Isreali's route them the loss of life would be lower. As for this attack well in war things happen that are bad, its war, shit happens.

And I'm upset they stopped again when are they going to get it in Israel no Jewish person there is safe as long as Islamist nutcases are going to go after them and with the support of the people shielding them, save for Egypt and Jorden they have no friends nearby. And we as a worlds side against them as far as I know they never fought an offensive war yet and they are the bad guys in the region?

adventurer

I received this letter from 2 Israeli friends ( a man and a woman) in Tel Aviv and Ashkelon. It breathes the spirit of real change and hope. Without bipartisan dilemma:

Gaza Door of Opportunity

"What follows are some reflections about the present & future of Gaza in light of the broader scope of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. We perceive an opening to a possibility for simultaneously muting the radicals while fostering the moderate Build Palestine effort, to be supported glocally:

Right now, in the Gaza Strip, we are witnessing a clear demonstration of a frame of reference on the part of the Israelis that incorporates rational systemic thinking equipped with superior technology, strategic, calculative resources defending and dominating a less sophisticated, yet nonetheless relentless, belligerent faction of Hamas offensive (with access to limited technologies, under challenging life conditions). Israel is definitive in its resolve to defend and defeat this most aggressive element of the Palestinian society in order to protect itself; particularly its southern population.

This is a tough lesson for Hamas, Hezbollah and the entities and states that support them. However, an Israeli defensive defeat over Hamas in Gaza will unlikely contribute to stabilization of the Palestinian-Israeli relationship. More likely, it will create sure setback and delays in Palestinian trust and recognition of Israel's aim, willingness and ability to maintain conditions for peaceful co-relations.

Looking deeply, there is an opportunity at hand for a greater systematic and longer-view vision for action that could be taken by Israeli, Palestinian and world leaders, IF they dare to take such a route of wisdom, and this may serve to soften effects and perceptions of the current stance in Gaza. If Israel, were to simultaneously, while defending itself as it must, begin executing plans to evacuate the Settlements, this could go a long way to prove their commitment to a Palestinian state and show that the problem at hand is not with moderate Palestinians but with the dangerous Hamas faction irresponsible even to its own people.

Israel settlements and Arab-Israeli citizenry are two main flame fronts of internal struggle in Israel. While the Arab-Israeli citizens seek recognition as equals, a Hamas defeat may effect further separation from the Israelis even whilst the intra-Palestinian tribal-power groups struggles between Fatah and Hamas also are at powerful play in the field. Israeli dismantling of the Settlements may go far to reduce resentment over the current situation in Gaza, the terrible loss of life, and demonstrate genuine Israeli support for the emergence of a peaceful and sustainable Palestinian state.

Swift action of Settlement disbandment, clear and decisive action by Fatah in its intent in building an emergent, healthy Palestinian state along with Israeli support will counter criticism against the moderates because even a defeat of a defiant Hamas may broaden its popularity while weakening that of Fatah.

We propose a period of time wherein a “social plan” for supporting emergence of political parties, leadership training will help to prepare the Fatah family to spawn multi-party system out of its internal factions. And enable multi-political discourse of vision for its future as a legitimate and viable national state of Palestine. After this time period, with Israeli and international support, the population would be readied to hold elections. (Of course, we are not experts in Palestine politics but we know they are capable and seeking change and this is simply one imagined scenario for that possibility: http://buildpalestine.org).

This latest eruption of Gazan violent struggle under the larger umbrella of the ongoing Palestinian-Israeli conflict is not just a local concern but effects us all with global ramifications. World support is essential for this bold Israeli action of removing the Settlements. For example, the insightful incoming President of the U.S., Mr. Obama could meet with the potential Israeli Prime Ministers along with European co-sponsorship and assure financial support for this. In this same example, the Jewish American community can play a major influential role.

Added to the above, as we all know - we have a unique world economic crisis right now which asks for huge injections of money. Supporting Israel and Palestine positive emergent future as described could be a good way to do that and this is in the world's best interest.

Is this a realistic and viable possibility with probability for positive outcome?

What do we need to do in order to catalyze such movement?

For the sake of those people whose lives have been lost and irrevocably altered, we pray that we all see more deeply, align more widely and have the courage to act on these visions."
(Plato)

Dashenka

It's really shocking how the United Nations are quick to interfere when Russia blocks off gas to Ukraine or when Russia 'invades' Georgia but does absolutely jack shit here. Israel is good friends the USA and nobody likes Hamas, so the whole world seems to think... "oh well, it's our friends who started it and it's a good cause."

This subject really pisses me off. I have no symphaties towards Hamas or anything but in my opinion Israel crossed a few lines. Shooting at UN personel and nobody punishing them for it. Two thousand children and women have died by the hands of Israel and what is the whole world doing? Absolutely nothing.

I am deeply deeply ashamed that I consider myself to live in a nation that supports the UN. Little conflicts AGAINST the UN friends are quickly resolved but when some UN friend commits genocide it's perfectly okay.

Am I the only who finds this disturbing?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

adventurer

Dashenka,

abolutely disturbing!

Where do you live right now!

A.
(Plato)

Dashenka

I still travel a lot between Amsterdam and Moscow. Why?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

adventurer

You said:

".. am deeply deeply ashamed that I consider myself to live in a nation that supports the UN. Little conflicts AGAINST the UN friends are quickly resolved but when some UN friend commits genocide it's perfectly okay."

So I was interested what nation you are referring to.):)
(Plato)

DefectiveTurret

Mathim

Every race and every country has blood on their hands for one reason or another. It's in our nature to kill each other, as 'Ahnuld' so eloquently put it in Terminator 2. Too bad religion can't be blamed for this problem anymore, it's too deep for a single cause to be behind it any longer.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Zakharra

Quote from: Mathim on January 28, 2009, 05:59:31 PM
Every race and every country has blood on their hands for one reason or another. It's in our nature to kill each other, as 'Ahnuld' so eloquently put it in Terminator 2. Too bad religion can't be blamed for this problem anymore, it's too deep for a single cause to be behind it any longer.

What is it with you and religion? It's not that, just that people are arseholes to each other.

Apple of Eris

Quote from: Dashenka on January 20, 2009, 12:08:53 PM
It's really shocking how the United Nations are quick to interfere when Russia blocks off gas to Ukraine or when Russia 'invades' Georgia but does absolutely jack shit here. Israel is good friends the USA and nobody likes Hamas, so the whole world seems to think... "oh well, it's our friends who started it and it's a good cause."

This subject really pisses me off. I have no symphaties towards Hamas or anything but in my opinion Israel crossed a few lines. Shooting at UN personel and nobody punishing them for it. Two thousand children and women have died by the hands of Israel and what is the whole world doing? Absolutely nothing.

I am deeply deeply ashamed that I consider myself to live in a nation that supports the UN. Little conflicts AGAINST the UN friends are quickly resolved but when some UN friend commits genocide it's perfectly okay.

Am I the only who finds this disturbing?

The UN regularly tries to pass measures condeming Isreal for its action, but Security Council measures in that regard have routinely been veto'd by the USA. *shrug* It's not the world that gives Israel the green-light...

Anyway, it does take two to tango as they say, and while I personally think the actions of the israeli govt in seizing lands and not allowing the palestinians who were forcibly evacuated between the 50's and 70's to return to their homes in violation of UN resolutions on the right of peoples to return to their homes is reprehensible, the resort to attacks against civilians by extremist Palestinian organizations don't help matters.

Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Mathim

Quote from: Zakharra on January 28, 2009, 09:46:34 PM
  What is it with you and religion? It's not that, just that people are arseholes to each other.

I'm saying if religion was the singular cause of this conflict it would be a little easier to deal with the situation but it's no longer even a significant factor, there's way more to it than just the religious aspect of fighting over the Holy Land and all that.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

RubySlippers

Simple truth is neither side is going to give. Israel is still building settlements and fences all over Gaza and Hamas which was elected into power as the major Palstinian Party is amply supported to keep harassing Israel. Peace there is impossible.

Zakharra

Too true. Israel isn't helping by building settlements in Palestinian land.

SomethingWycked

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 30, 2009, 01:18:21 PM
Simple truth is neither side is going to give. Israel is still building settlements and fences all over Gaza and Hamas which was elected into power as the major Palstinian Party is amply supported to keep harassing Israel. Peace there is impossible.

And there's the rub.

Both sides want the land, both sides hate each other for previous violent actions and religious differences.

Anytime the official shooting stops, the radical Muslims and Hamas get right to work with random explosions. Israel retorts with excessive force, and creates more radical Muslims that hate them.

The wheels on the bus go round and round...
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none.

The Emperor protects... 66% of the time.

Martel

I've only heard that Israel was being fired on and trying to get the other side to stop. However, they didn't, so Israel obviously shouldn't just sit their while missiles are being launched at their country. Granted I saw this a while ago, and am not sure what's changed.

If I'm entirely miss informed, just ignore me I guess.