The Razing of Eden [EX, monstergirls/boys/etc] Recruiting

Started by Karma, January 07, 2016, 11:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmira: a vast, magical continent upon which the elven nation made its home. For millennia they grew their civilization, in tune with the boundless nature around them, forming deep friendships with the many sapient creatures that inhabited the area. There are many kinds of life on Elmira. Mer fill its lakes and oceans, naga populate its jungles and caves; every kind of “half-monster” imaginable can be found in its varied climes. The elves searched every corner and found only family in these ethereal creatures. Bonds of family and blood were forged among them, even though the “halmon” cared nothing for technology or civilization. It was a charmed life for all concerned.

But it was not to last. Long ago, in the forgotten mists of history, humans arrived on Elmira. The round-ears were brutal, vile, greedy creatures who threw down the elves and destroyed all that they had built. Friendship and joy were replaced with slavery and suffering, and where the elves brought understanding, the humans did not seem to acknowledge that the halmon even spoke. There was no recognition of sapience in their glazed eyes, as if each word the halmon said was no more than a bark or a yelp. Indeed, the halmon could not hope to understand the humans either.

The humans treated the halmons like they would have any other animal. Mer and scylla were hunted for meat, holstaurs herded for milk and slaughter, alraune and dryad farmed for their produce. What was once nearly a utopia was reduced to an empire of blood and fear. The whole of Elmira has not yet been tamed by the humans, however, and the halmon have found many places to hide and hope they are not discovered. The human march is inexorable, and no place is safe forever.

As may have been obvious by the introduction or the title, this is very much an [EX] game. You may play any sort of monster creature you like, many examples of which can be found in King Serperior’s thread or Sherlock’s thread. If you want to play a human, please bear in mind what kind of setting this is and what kind of society your character grew up in. This isn’t your run of the mill monster girl game. While I don’t demand it, I expect to see a lot of horrible things going on! :D

To be clear, I'm being literal about humans not understanding halmon speech. If a human meets a neko, for example, all he/she will hear is meows. To the neko, the human makes noise that might be language, but they can't understand it. However, all halmon can speak to each other, thanks to the elves. That said, this is a very magical setting! Humans have -no- magic whatsoever, but the elves did. Solutions to the language problem may be found in the course of the game.

Most importantly, I cannot run this game alone or perhaps at all. I need at least one or two other people to take over most of the GM duties as I just don’t have the time to run a game. I would like to stay on as an advisor and hopefully a player, life permitting.

Is there interest in this sort of thing? I know it sounds a bit strange. Please let me know!

-~Navigation Nexus~-
Interest Thread (you are here!)
Character Thread

wander

Interested as a player, if this gets going... Not set on what monsterboy type I'd play yet, but very interested. :)

LeSane

My interest is peeked, but can I use my dark matter monster boy?
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

EdwardShane

LeSane

Dark Matter ダークマター

Monster Information
Family / Type
Spirit / Elemental
Habitat
Demon Realm
Disposition
Lustful

Encyclopedia Entry:

Also called "The Sun of Darkness," a dark matter is a being that embodies the combined desires of monsters and incubi, along with the monsters highly condensed demonic energy. Even though a Demon Realm is overflowing with the magical energies of monsters, dark matters only inhabit places with extremely high concentrations. The race is extremely rare and there are only a very few individuals in existence. The part that has the form of human, embodies the desire of monsters and the demonic energy of monsters.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

EdwardShane

I suppose that does bring up an important question.  Would we have to follow the MGE as a general rule of thumb, or are we allowed to opt out of being lascivious, sex-obsessed, promiscuous individuals if playing as a monster?  I admittedly tend to use the encyclopedia as inspiration as opposed to an end-all be-all set of rules when making monster characters.

You can use it as inspiration but there isn't going to be a set of rules like that. Play who you like. :) LeSane, that sounds okay.

Golden Spider

I would be interested as a player as well. Don't know what i would like to be however, ill figure that out if i'm allowed to join
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

LeSane

Quote from: Karma on January 08, 2016, 09:26:55 PM
You can use it as inspiration but there isn't going to be a set of rules like that. Play who you like. :) LeSane, that sounds okay.

Just the same as Ed I won't be following the thing for baitum, but if you are OK with it I'll drop my hat in.

wigglebiscuit

Karma, can you give some detail on what you see as the typical plots that will accompany this game? Are we talking about the total domination of the halmons? Is this going to be an insurgency against the humans? Are the elves making a comeback? Or are we going to limit it to scenes of the humans dominating the halmons?

All of these things are very possible as long as someone has time to run them. *laughs* I very definitely don't.

Golden Spider

Golden Spider

JoanieSappho

A (at least partially) Karma game where I can play a harpy like my avatar? Count me as definitely interested in playing.

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

AndyZ

Keeping an eye on this, but, stupid question.  If humans don't have magic, how are they dominating with conquest?  Just sheer numbers?  Do humans have guns?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

It's for a lot of reasons, including those. They seem impossibly numerous and spend most days "increasing their ranks." They are technologically advanced (for the setting, they don't have computers or anything), they have a strong innate resistance to magic themselves, and probably most importantly, the vast majority of halmons don't have any magic that they can use for fighting. A cowgirl doesn't have much advantage over a human except hardiness and horns, for example. Some do have powers, of course, but they are much less common. Much of the magic in the world that could be used against humans is contained in elven technology which is very hard to find.

AndyZ

And to make sure, elves are off the table for PCs?  Most likely believed to be extinct?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.