The Ghost (N/C)(Interest check)

Started by shadowreppa, April 08, 2011, 03:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowreppa

Okay, so this is a thread to evaluate interest on an idea for a roleplay idea that I had.

Basically I want for this to be a mystery-solving roleplay. The premise of the plot is:

May 15, 1972.
Chief Grives of the Fayatte Police Department in Tennessese confirmed reports of a series of murders that occurred on the property of a wealthy businessman, J.R Harold. The murders occurred both inside the Mr Harold’s manor and also on the surrounding grounds. During the police investigation into the matter, they found the bodies of 5 adults. The adults were all burnt behind recognition, the only thing identifiable were that 3 of them were male and 2 of the obviously female. Police have yet to announce the cause of death of each person as well as their identities. They have also not confirm whether Mr. Harold is one of the said fatalities. Investigations into the murders are ongoing.

Modern Day:
The investigation was never closed and the mystery of how each person died was never solved. The house was abandoned, and left alone for many years until now. A group of travelers returning home for a road trip has their car break down in the middle of a rural area. They try to phone for a tow truck but are in a dead zone and can’t reach anyone. It is getting dark, and a storm is rolling in. Instead of waiting in the car in pitch blackness, they decide to seek shelter in the nearby manor that their car broke down by.   Little did they know that a presence inhabits this manor.

So basically this is going to involve the group of travelers being separated during their night stay in the house and being haunted and subjected to both painful and sexual tortures individually. While they are tortured, they will catch a glimpse of a strange dream or vision of the murders that happen in the past. When their torture is done, Each person will have a different vision or visions, and they have to piece it together to learn what happen to the 5 people in that house. The doors and windows to the house are sealed, and cannot be open to escape through.

I will play the presence, who in this case can probably be considered a DM, I’ll check on that. I’m looking for people to play the group (maybe 3-5 people, both male and female). I was thinking that when take each person and torture them separately, that I would also PM that person the “vision” they would see. They in turn would than share their vision in the main thread after their torture was finished. This way, the group can put their heads together and piece together what happen, only when they figure it out, will they be allowed to leave.