The Princess and the Commoner.

Started by Skyro, February 26, 2010, 05:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyro

A basic outline of the story.

I am Harrison, a commoner from the village who met you some weeks ago at a ball at which I worked cleaning up. We had eye contact and spoke, as we went to kiss your father found us and banished me from seeing you again. Since then we have been trying desperately to get some time alone together but it has proven more difficult than we first expected.

A basic bio-
Name: Harrison
Height: 5'10"
Hair: Dark brown, messy
Eyes: Green with some sort of yellow
Dresses: Mostly old clothes in darker colours, have a single silver brooch as a family heirloom on my shirt.

I'm a kind young mad who has fallen insanely in love with you. I have little money and am unsure about what causes you to love me like you do.

We must find a way to be together!

Kandy

Awe how sweet. lol ok here goes nothing.

Name: Bridget
Height: 5'8''
Hair: Long golden curls
Eyes: Bright ocean blue
Dresses: Finest silks and fabrics. Very fancy clothes but would personally rather run around in my undergarments then wear those uncomfortable things.

I'm facinated and enchanted by you. Something about you amazes me and all I want is to be near you.

hows that?

Skyro

Perfect I be thinking.

Setting: I'm sitting at home, alone after a hard days work talking to myself.

"All I want to do is be near her, I want to get up to that tower where she lives, march right up to that door and take her in my arms." I nod and look down. "But it seems this is not possible." I walk back to the window and peer out at the castle where you reside.

"I WILL get to you," I say turning back and walking towards my bed. "I will."

Kandy

OOC: Oh hey wait wait back up. Can we do this in Third person?

Skyro

Quote from: Kandy on February 26, 2010, 06:15:26 PM
OOC: Oh hey wait wait back up. Can we do this in Third person?

Sure, not fussed.

Kandy

OOC: Ok thanks :)
BIC: Bridget sighed and stared out her window. The only portal out of her prison. As she gazed out at the stars she started to daydream about the night she first met him. He was so charming and cute and funny. Only problem was... he was a peasant and Bridget was forbidden from seeing him.  Bridget's eyes wandered over the roof tops of the lonely village as she wondered which house was his.

"Harrison... Where are you?" she whispered to herself.

Skyro

As Harrison led down that night and looked up at the ceiling of his poor man's house he wondered if she had forgetten him already, he turned to his side, closed his eyes and muttered to himself. "Bridget, Bridget" where the only words that could be made out.

Kandy

Bridget flopped down on her bed her arms sprawled out. She closed her eyes and tried to picture Harrison's face.  But as the days passed his image became more and more blurry. She could just barely make out the sharp incline of his nose and the strong curve of his beautiful face. But it was fading. She sat up quickly. "I have to see him again!" She whispered to herself. In a flash she had jumped out of bed and was rummaging through her closet lookingfor the simplest darkest things she could find. She could not be seen or recognized. Her father would have her head.

Skyro

In no less than five minutes after sleeping, Harrison awoke. "I must see her." He rose and put on his coat and black hat and walked towards his door. He could not be seen.

Kandy

Bridget snuck quietly through the castle halls. Slinky through the shadows and ducking pasts the gaurds. From her many years of practice Bridget had become a pro at sneaking out. She pulled the hood of her dark brown coak over her head hiding her long blond hair. Normally she loved her hair but in situations such as this it drew too much attention. She clutched her cloak tightly her heart racing with anticipation as she finally made it past the last gate and into the quiet village. This was the farthest she'd ever gotten before and now as she set off through the streets fear and uncertainty began to settle in making the cold night feel even colder. She shivered as she looked around nervously her breath visible in the crisp night air.

Skyro

Harrion left his house with his hat pulled lower and started the upwards climb towards the palace. He had no real idea how he was going to penertrate the big, unforgiving walls. But he must try he decided as he countinued his jounery. Some mintues later he pasted a girl with her hood up around her face. Harrison thought nothing of it and continued through the empty streets. His heart facing and his fingers freezing. He would do what he could.

Kandy

As time passed Bridget had begun to lose faith she would ever find Harrison. The streets were dark and empty save for a few scraglers and urchins littering the sides. There had been one man that she passed who seemed to walk with a sense of purpose. Bridget had been tempted to stop him and ask him if he knew a man by her beloved's name. But she was too fearful of being recognized. Bridget let the man pass and instead rested on the side of a building. She was lost and not paying attention to her surroundings.

"Well well well, what have we here?" came a rough voice from the shadows of an ally. Bridget jumped back startled and backed herself into a wall as two shady men began to approach her.

"y-You stay away from me!" She ordered her voice shaking with fear.

Skyro

Unaware of what was happening with Bridget, Harrison reached the gates of the palace guarded by two huge guarded covered in silver and gold with the crest of the town upon it. Fearful, Harrison aproached them, "I would.. like entrance." The guardds laughed and told him to "move away." Scared out of his wits, Harrison asked again, with no more confidence than the first time, "I would like to see the Princess." The guard on the left stepped forwards and told him to get away before his head was mounted on the high wall above them.

Slowly, Harrison turned around and began to walk away. What was he thinking anyway? Him and a Princess, he nodded his head and started his journey home. At least he could see her in his dreams that night, was his only comforting thought.

Kandy

Bridget's heart raced as the grimy men came up to her. Oh dear god please help me. She thought as she trembled. I'm such an idiot! I never should have left the palace.

Bridget flinched when the first man, the one who had spoken raised his hand and pulled back her hood. He looked to his partner with an evil grin. "It appears we've got ourselves a palace mouse." he chuckled. "What's a pretty thing like you doing in a place like this?" he asked Bridget touching her face tenderly. Bridget's stomach tied up in knots at his touch and she felt herself going to be sick.

"Don't touch me!" She hissed and raised her hand to slap the man. But the man caught her wrist and clenched it tightle. Bridget cried out in pain and fell to her knees while he held her hand above her hand.

"Hold still." he ordered angrily.

Skyro

With hands in his pockers Harrison walked back home, past many different alley ways, homeless people and strumpets. He continued to walk until about fifty hards from his house he heard a familar voice. "Don't touch me," it called out in a paniced but somehow angellic tone. Harrison broke into a run, looking into each alley he passed. Then he saw them. They had put Bridget onto their broad shoulders and were carrying her away. I have to do something!

Harrison called out with all the courage he could muster, "leave her!" The second man, not holding Bridget turned and walked towards Harrison and with a swift blow to the head, Harrison hit the ground with a thud! The last thing he saw was Bridget reaching out for him. Then it all went black.

Kandy

"Harrison!" Bridget cried out her eyes filling with tears as she reached out for him. "No!" He hit the ground hard and did not move again. "No no no! Harrison!" she cried again.

"We got the girl, now lets get out of here!" The man carrying Bridget ordered to his partner. "We'll have some fun with her before we kill her." he added with an evil chuckle. Bridget's heart dropped into her stomach hearing this and she froze in horror. They were going to rape and murder her.

"Help me!" She screamed desperately as they tied a cloth bag over her head and started to run with her. Something hard hit her in the head and her cries for help were cut short.

Skyro

Slowly the world materilised around him, he was about fifty yards from his home and it took him a few moments to remember what had happened the night before damn. It his him like a blunt object swung by an ogre. How could he have been so stupid? He got to his feet and rubbed his head. Now what did he do? See the king or try and find her himself?

He knew he had to do something. He opened his door and drank a glass of water. He had to make a choice, but what one?

Kandy

Bridget shivered in the cold. As she laid wide awake on the dirt floor of an old shack That was locked and barred from the outside. She tried to block out the memories of what had happened last night closing her eyes tightly. Her clothes were torn and her body bruised. But they had not taken her virginity yet so she knew they would keep her alive for a little while longer.

'What's the use." She whimpered helplessly. She could only pray that Harrison was alright.

OOC: I have to go but I'll be back as soon as I can.

Skyro

Harrison walked back out of his house, it was midday now and he had decided it was his fault she had gone missing, it was his responsiblity to get her back.

First thing he would do is go and talk to people at the market, that's where people gossiped and knew about the goings on around. He entered the market and walked up to first stool, "Do you know anything about the Princess?" he asked as cooly as he could. He continued round the market, asking at each stool in turn. Will anyone help me? he started to think after a little while of people turning him away.

OOC: Cool, I'll probably sleep (I am in the UK) so I'll speak to you and continue this tomorrow!

Kandy

Bridget grew weary fast. But she was afraid to close her eyes for even a moment, sure her captures would return for her any second. Her hair was caked in dust and knotted with rats and snarls  and it no longer held it's original luster and shine. She was hungry and she was cold and she was positive should would never see her mother or her father or her beloved Harrison again. Finally she gave into her exhaustion and curled up in a ball and fell asleep.

In the market things were going as they normally did on a bright sunday morning. That was until half of the king's army came bursting through the streets in search of the princess who had been discovered as missing from her room ealier this morning. Two shadowy characters in particular had taken no notice of Harrison knowing he would not recognize them. It had been too dark last night to really make out any details. But when the kings guard arrived they quickly started to hurry away.

OOC: awe ok! Ttyl!

Skyro

Harrison turned to see the King's Guards crossing the market. They ignored him completely, he was a no one, another face in the crowd. Disheartened he started to sulk away from the market. As he left a man approached him with a hood over his head he called out, "Pst, over here." Harrison looked around, seeing he was the only one that the man could be calling he walked towards him, wary at first. "Its OK, I have information about a girl getting snatched that I heard you wanted."

Five minutes later Harrison walked away from the man armed with new information and a new destination.

Kandy

OOC: Hello Skyro! ^^
BIC: Bridget snapped her eyes open to a loud clattering that had woken her. She sat up quickly and pushed herself back against a wall as far away from the only door in the room as she could get. Adrenaline pumped through her veins making her heart pound like wild. Paniced she waited as the clatter and heavy footsetps came closer.

"She's the princess!" the man from the night before was shouting. "We have to kill her now, we can't risk them finding us!"

Skyro

Harrison had a long way to go, they had taken her to some place in the middle of the marshes, the old man reckoned it was abanded sometime ago and since then had been used for a whole host of different uses, and it seemed like at this moment in time it was the place of capture for the Princess.

Unsure how to proceed, Harrison began his way towards the marshes. It would take several hours, most of it walking through the marshes themselves but he had no choice.

He also had no idea how to get her out.

Kandy

The man, one of Bridget's captors, lets just call him Jack, burst into the shack where Bridget was being held. His face was red with anger as he marched up to Bridget and yanked her to her feet by her hair making her scream in pain.

"Shut up!" Jack hissed at her as she began to cry. He pushed her roughly out side where his partner was waiting. "Tie her up." Jack ordered him thowing Bridget at him.

"No! let me go!" Bridget cried out. She kicked and thrashed until she was able to get loose. She took this opportunity to run. Where she had no idea. Anywhere but here.

Skyro

Some hours later Harrison arrived at the shack, or rather, a sinder. After Bridget had escaped her captures decided that it was best to burn anything leading them back to it. And so the shack was burnt.

Harrison was a gentle person and not often did he curse, but he did now. "****," he said kicking the remains of the house. How could he have been so slow? Now how would he find her?

He turned around and looked out in front of him, and then look in the other direction. Then he spotted some footprints. Three tracks were present, almost fading. It was getting dark and the light was fading quick. Harrison could make out a small set of footprints, barely visible and it appeared whoever had made them was barefoot. The other two tracks appeared to be much bigger, and followed the smaller tracks.

Now Harrison knew where he must head.