A DC comics game

Started by indarkestknight, June 13, 2006, 01:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swedish Steel

Nah, just how it was hinted Ollie was smaller than Blood. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

WarDragon

Ok, Glab talked me into joining.  ;D  Since my knowledge of the DC universe is limited at best, I'm bringing another original.

Steel: something about Blood's "magic staff" and Ollie's "not-so-longbow."

Anyway, character!
Elliot Maynard, "Shifter"

Description: In his normal form, Elliot is a shade over six feet tall, broad-shouldered, lean, and handsome (as if those were distinguising in the DC universe).  While his facial features remain (more or less) the same, his eye color, hair color and length, even height and build can be altered on a whim; on some days he's almost awkwardly lanky, on others more muscular than Superman.

Powers: Elliot, as his alias implies, is a shape-changer.  Unlike the deadly martians, or (in)famous Plastic Man, however, he cannot mold his body to the limits of his imagination; he is limited to forms of existing creatures, though he can mold such forms within the limits of their species, such as his own, human appearance.  When he does transform into another creature, whether it be field-mouse or Kryptonian, he gains all natual, biological abilities inherent to that race.  He also gains all of the instincts and reflexes necessary to control his current form, though he always retains his own mind.  Due to the mystical origin of his powers, he can even transform into creatures normally thought to be mere legends.  However, the more powerful a form he takes, the more tiring it is to maintain it.

In addition to sudden, dramatic changes, Shifter has a remarkable control over his own metabolism and immune system.  His body processes food as efficiently as humanly possible, he heals at more than twice the normal rate, his aging has all but stopped, and he is nearly immune to poison and disease.  This instinctive control over his bodily processes gives him speed, strength, and endurance on par with an Olympic athlete, even when he's not shifted to an exceptionally muscular human form.  Another side effect of his ever-changing form is a high degree of resistanct to telepathic assault and intrusion; his brain cells actually reconfigure themselves with every thought, making it nearly impossible for even the strongest telepaths to "get a grip" on his mind.

Origin: In 1965, Elliot Maynard was an ordinary graduate student.  He'd just finished a degree in Archaeology, and a professor he respected more than anyone in the world had invited him on a research trip to Central America; his entire, bright future lay ahead of him.  During the trip, they discovered a previously uncharted Olmec temple hidden in the jungle, and within it, an enormous, brilliantly glowing gemstone.  When the inscriptions around the gem were translated, they described it as being "a link between the souls of all beings."  Absorbed in considering the significance of the find, Elliot, the professor, and the other students never realized that they were not the first to find the temple... until it was too late.  A group of looters caught them by surprise, after they had gathered the artifacts and were making ready to leave; every member of the research expedition was shot in cold blood.

Elliot had been holding the gemstone, and he dodged just enough that the bullet struck it instead of him; the gem shattered, bathing him in shards, and a strange liquid that was held within the stone.  He blacked out, and awoke after dark... in the shape of a jaguar.  With the power and instincts of the feline body, and the soon-discovered ability to change into other forms, he easily defeated the looters, and avenged his friends, before returning to the United States.  Once there, he continued to work towards his graduate degree, while moonlighting as a crimefighter with his new power; in the years since, his travels around the globe have introduced him to a multitude of new forms.  He and Batman have worked together on three occasions, with the Bat introducing Shifter to the rest of the Justice League after the third; Elliot gratefully accepted the offer to become a League reservist, even though he never expected to be called...

Swedish Steel

So, what's the status of this game? Will it happen?

On Off page:

Nalla

Still looking for players?  Can I play Starfire or Supergirl?

Please?

RubySlippers

I'm still thinking about characters to play I kind of changed my mind about Tarantula. A ladies perogative before the game starts...

WarDragon

Glab's pretty swamped with RL issues, at the moment.

Swedish Steel

I'm sure that would be fine Nalla, though I can't speak for Glab.
I'd be prefectly willing to wait untill Glab has his RL worked out, just wanted an update.

On Off page:

Rayve13

Same here. I'll be content to wait, and practice summoning my inner demon  ;D

indarkestknight

Quote from: Nalla on July 02, 2006, 04:26:22 PM
Still looking for players?  Can I play Starfire or Supergirl?

Please?

Yes, you may play either, and thank goodness, we finally have seven players.

RubySlippers, that's fine. Just contact me when you've decided.

Nalla

Quote from: Glabrezubane on July 03, 2006, 03:19:56 PM
Yes, you may play either, and thank goodness, we finally have seven players.

RubySlippers, that's fine. Just contact me when you've decided.

:D Hmmm, think I'll play Supergirl then.

RubySlippers

Lady Liberty

History: The granddaughter of Liberty Belle and one her her ancestors the Revolutionary War patriot heroine Lady Liberty she now fights crime. (fill in later a bit more)

Powers
1. Like the formidable women (and men) of her family line she is athletic, a superb martial artist, acrobat/gymnast and trained as an ace crime fighter.

2. Movement Powers: She has lower level super-running, super-leaping, super-swimming, wall crawling and gliding (last off her cloak and costume) although individually not as strong as other heroes and villians she can move fast and with agility around or in battle- combined with her natural skills she is a very formidable heroine on the move.

3. Protective Costume: Her costume a throwback to 1776 is kevlar and ballistic cloth with a hat, claok and mask, in a sexy cut red/white/blue outfit after the old Star Trek Outfit. The cloak and harness attached add gliding to her movement abilities and it can be partially retracted for swimming. The suit is waterproofed and insulated against electricity, radiation and fire.

4. Sonic Blast: The one power she got from her grandmother Liberty Belle is the power to enhance and direct sonic blasts and to generate the blasts she uses a tiny Liberty Bell that when rings lets her enhance the vibrations into a powerful attack. The bell is a indestructable magic item made by her godfather the hero Fate that is able to generate stronger than normal vibrations.

indarkestknight

Approved. We're all set then. *runs off to start thread*