New school new start

Started by Thesunmaid, February 15, 2013, 09:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanna Lane

"See you," Alex called out in a sing-song voice as she pocketed the slip of paper. "Wow, she's such a doll," Carmen said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "I have no idea why we aren't friends." Alex laughed at her friend, unable to help herself. She could tell that she was jealous of Fiona talking to Alex without her around. They had been friends since the first grade. A boy had pushed Alex down at recess one day and made her cry. So Carmen stood up for her by punching the guy in the face and giving him a black eye. They had been best friends ever since. Sometimes she got extremely possessive of Alex, like they were dating or something.

"You're kind of a bitch sometimes you know that?" Alex asked with a cheeky grin, knowing that Carmen would most likely take it as a compliment.

"You know it!" Carmen agreed with a wink, "And you know you love every minute of it." Carmen threw her arm around Alex, who chuckled softly.

"I suppose you're right," Alex smiled, just barely lifting the corners of her mouth, "You know she and I will most likely be hanging out now and I'd like you to be a little nicer to her. Could you do that for me, please?"

Carmen shrugged, "I kind of figured. I can't promise anything, you know how I am, but I will definitely try. For you. OK?" she had stopped walking long enough to look Alex in the eyes, letting her know she was serious.

"OK. Good enough," Alex squeezed her friend around the waist, "I believe you," she said, and she did believe her for the most part. Alex was just hoping she wouldn't cause trouble because she didn't really need the drama in her life right now. Carmen walked with her to the next class that they shared and they took their seats. Alex turned down the corners of her mouth a little, having trouble focusing on anything but the fact that Fiona had hurried away so quickly.
~ I once dreamed of a love that even time would lie down and be still for ... wishes do come true! ~

Thesunmaid

She got through the stupid gym class with the minimal injuries. They were playing volleyball a sport which she detested and was not very good at...why was physical education even required...god. She was sweaty and gross and grabbing a quick shower and getting changed she stayed away from the others. She was still shy about letting anyone see her body.She made it through by thinking she had one more class and then she would get to spend some time with her new friend.

She headed back to chemistry class and slipped into a seat getting there a few moments early and looked up seeing people walking in and sees you walking in as well and smiles"Well maybe this class will not be so terrible after all.."She smiles as you walk over"well it looks like i won't have to try to get a hold of you after class..since we go home after this."She looks at you"umm your friend there is not upset at me for taking you away at lunch time Alex...I didn't mean to monopolize your time.."She looks down"Its..just sort of nice to meet someone who actually wants to spend any amount of time with me.."
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Vanna Lane

Alex is happy to see Fiona in her last class of the day. Sitting down beside her, she sighed, "Don't worry about her. She's protective of me for some reason. Always been that way, but she's like the big sister I never had. Just so you know." Alex looked away quickly, feeling her face get warm once more. She really didn't know why she felt the need to say that or even why she was embarrassed. She was so awkward today and she didn't understand why.

She didn't really have much time to analyze it though before Mrs. Grendall strolled through the door and insisted everyone had to be quiet. Alex scribbled on a piece of paper quickly, while looking right at the teacher. To her it would seem like she was taking notes, but really she was writing a note to Fiona. It read as follows: 'Are we going to your place or mine after school?' Alex scribbled down her number at the bottom, just in case.

Getting it to Fiona shouldn't be a problem, Alex had always been the master at passing notes. Teachers also just never suspected she did anything wrong because she got great grades and never got in trouble. She stuck it in her chemistry book, noticing that Fiona didn't have one and passed it across her desk. Alex nodded at the book. Fiona looked confused for a second, but grabbed it anyway. If Mrs. Grendall asked, they were sharing a book.
~ I once dreamed of a love that even time would lie down and be still for ... wishes do come true! ~

Thesunmaid

Mrs grendall who had been teaching since the 60's and was counting the days until retirement looked up and saw Alex handing her book to Fiona"Ah Alex I see you are helping our new student feel welcome...good girl. Thank you for that..Miss.."She looks down at her class list"Miss Rourke...very well I will have a text book for you tomorrow...well...since you would not have a book I will hold off on giving assignments today.."She smiles a bit as the class were confused and happy at this.

She turns away and starts writing today's notes on the board and Fiona seeing her turn away looked at the note and started writing"Well its up to you...My dad is away on business and mum is a nurse so she will be working a late shift at the hospital. So its up to you if you want to be alone with me...But it will be quieter. I don't bite so you can call off your friend. I am not planning on kidnapping you and tying you to the railroad tracks.By the way..i find it hilarious we are being taught by someone whose named after Beowulf's mum Grendal. Don't you?"

She passed it back to you and then started scribbling the notes that the teacher was writing the notes down and trying to make it look as if she was paying attention but was thrilled that Alex wanted to still hang out with...god she was adorable when she got nervous...dammit Fi.....shes a friend...the only one you might get this year...don't get yer hopes up..
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Vanna Lane

Alex smiled at the teacher when she thanked her for helping Fiona, "It was my pleasure, Mrs. Grendall, I just wanted to make sure she wasn't missing out on the lesson." She felt kind of sheepish because she lied to Mrs. Grendall. It was a half truth really. She sighed in relief along with the rest of the class upon hearing there would be no homework assignment. That was one less thing she had to worry about.

Looking at Fiona's reply, she quickly jotted down an answer. 'I'd love to go to your house.' She started to pass it over to her new friend, but had a last minute message to add. 'What's Beowulf?' Alex didn't watch many movies, assuming that's what Fiona was talking about. She always had to fight over the remote at her house. She much preferred books anyway.

Passing the note back to Fiona, she watched first as she smiled, probably regarding the first part. She noticed how her eyes crinkled at the corners when she was grinning and wondered if Fiona realized that she was so utterly cute. Then Fiona gave her a look that was incredulous, probably because of the Beowulf question. People usually gave her that look when she didn't know what something was. So, she had pretty much stopped responding unless it was a direct question that was asked.

Thesunmaid

She smiles a bit at the teacher"Alex has been very kind to me ma'am....she has showed me where classrooms are and we will be working on our english report this evening so she can help me get caught up."Mrs grendall beams and nods"Thats the type of thing i like to see in my students...the ones that excel helping the ones who do not understand..it warms my heart."

She smiles and then turns to write on the board and she looks at your note and looks a bit surprised and then scribbles back"Oh if you have not read it you should...its a book...and its wonderful..I can loan it to you..Its an epic poem about a hero who helps save a kingdom from a monster called the Grendel...and then he has to go and fight other things like dragons..its sort of like the Scandinavian version of Hercules."She hands it back blushing and looks down"I...read alot...sorry.."

Vanna Lane

Alex smiled at the compliment from dear old Mrs. Grendall and nodded. Upon reading Fiona's response, Alex realized that she had been wrong in her assumption that Beowulf was a movie and was v glad they were writing notes rather than having an actual conversation. She would have been really embarrassed if she had said that comment aloud. Alex thought that Fiona was pretty when she blushed. It brought a nice rosy color to her cheeks. She smiled at Fiona, jotting down her reply.

'Oh. I've never read it before. It's good that you read a lot, I do too.' She chewed on her pen thoughtfully, before penning another thought, 'I'll text home after class to let my family know I'm going to your house after school today. Where do you live? They'll want to know, just in case. Also... How are we getting there?' Alex folded the note carefully, making it as small as possible. Checking to see if the teacher was looking, she handed the note to  Fiona, accidentally brushing her fingers against Fiona's.

Thesunmaid

Looking over at you and smiles a bit as she read it and started to write"I will loan it to you..I have it in English.. um..its a bit old timey wording but I am sure you will like it."

She looks over at you and smiles a bit and then looks down at the note she was writing and looked thoughtfully"We don't live far from here..I walk to school its only 3 blocks away over on Elliot court."She scribbled her phone number again in case they wanted to call."I hope that's OK if we walk...I suppose there's a bus if you want but it seems a bit silly for a few blocks away ya know?"

She hands it back to you and then starts writing down her notes for chemistry.

Vanna Lane

The sound of Alex smacking herself in the forehead made Mrs. Grendall turn around to look at the class room. The teacher trained her eyes on Alex even though Alex was hoping she wouldn't. "Is something the matter Alex?" she asked, the whole class turning to stare at Alex as well. 'I am such a ditz,' thought Alex, but what she said in reply was, "Nothing pressing, Mrs. Grendall. I just forgot one of my assignments at home, is all."

Alex looked sheepishly at the teacher who replied with a smile, "Well I'm sure it will be alright. You can ask your teacher for an extension, I'm sure." She turned back around to face the board continuing with her lesson, "Now class..." Alex wasn't paying attention though, she was too busy scribbling a note back to Fiona, 'I completely forgot you already gave me your number. I'm a spaz. Sorry about that. Walking sounds good."

Alex passed the note to Fiona just as the bell rang. 'Perfect timing,' Alex thought to herself with a soft sigh. Picking up her books, she filed out of the room with the rest of her classmates, pausing by Fiona's desk to wait for her. She was excited to go to her new friend's house after school. The school day seemed to be stretching on forever.

Thesunmaid

She blinks seeing you smacking yourself in the head and looks at her bewildered. Crap did she say something wrong in her note? did she catch the slight blush when their hands touched...oh bugger...she think your a freak now fi...only a matter of time really..well it was nice while is lasted.."
She looks at up the teacher as she started talking and when the bell rang she was surprised when alex handed her the note"So...you still want to come over...and I didn't mean to make you feel foolish...its just i handed you a small scrap of paper that was easily lost...so...I wanted to make sure you had the number in case it got lost..."She looks at you with red cheeks"Is...that why you smacked yourself....I mean you really don't have to worry..."She walked out with you as they walked down the hall"I just need to grab my english notes and then we can go unless you need to stop by your locker in which case we can and...i am rambling because i am not used to people wanting to come over so...sorry.."She blushed more and started to undo the combo on her locker.

Vanna Lane

Alex looked at Fiona, confused. She didn't know why Fiona seemed so nervous, she was rambling again. Alex shook her head saying, "No it's OK, I just forgot I had it. Really?" she asked, unsure why anyone wouldn't want to go over to Fiona's house. Fiona was wonderful, smart and clever.

"Of course I want to come over, silly," said Alex, shoving Fiona playfully and gently as they walked down the hall together. "I can't wait to see your house. Did you know that you can tell a lot about a person just by looking at their bedroom? I learned that in my psychology class. It's such a shame that it's not a year long class, I love it so much."

Answering Fiona she replied with, "Yeah. I need to grab my backpack. I already put my homework and books inside. Oh and I need to text my parents," Alex gushed. She didn't know why she was talking so much. She guessed that she just felt really comfortable with Fiona, like she had known her forever. Grabbing her bookbag, they walked out of the school together. Alex wasn't sure what to expect, but texted to tell her family where she was going. She got a text back saying that it was OK and they were off, talking as they walked to Fiona's.

Thesunmaid

She blushes a bit and looks down"I am just..not used to people being so nice to me is all...I mean you have been so friendly and nice.."and bloody well gourgous...but she was not saying that out loud right now.

She got her books and walked with you and smiles a bit"well mine if full of half unpacked boxes and alot of books...i would love to hear what Freud thought of that"Zo you are havink boxes in jour room...dis is a classical sign of your muzzah has not breast fed you for nearly long enough...zee boxes represent zee womb..."She laughs softly"actually Sigmund...the boxes are in an induction i need to unpack..."She grins"You can analyze my room all you like once I get it unpacked and repainted...its this terrible yellow color...I mean even the ceiling...who paints their room yellow?"She makes a face."Its like sleeping inside a marshmallow peep."She shakes her head"I am planning to repaint it on the weekend. My stepdads going to get me the paint I want."

She watched her text her parents and smiled"I am assuming they don't think i am a serial killer or my mother is not an insane cat lady so its ok?"She laughs softly.

Vanna Lane

Alex tucked her short black hair behind her ears, listening to Fiona, "I'm sure it's hard being new and I just wanted to make you feel welcome. So, really, don't mention it," Alex stole a peek at Fiona, who appeared to be looking at her feet as they walked.

"I love Sigmund and Freud..." Alex said, her laughter cutting off the rest of her sentence. Once she caught her breath, she wiped the moisture from her eyes with both hands. She scrunched up her nose and stuck out her tongue in disgust, "I hate yellow, too. It's gross."

"What's the new color going to be?" questioned Alex, curious. She loved peeps. Right on cue her stomach growled with hunger. She hoped Fiona had snacks, as she had a hard time concentrating while she was hungry. She smiled when Fiona asked her about the text, "Yeah Gina said it was alright with her." She felt like she could talk to Fiona about her family. It was a good feeling, a feeling she wasn't used to.

Thesunmaid

She looked at you and smiled"Well Thank you...i really do appreciate it...i mean..the getting used to a new place is hard enough but when you have to worry about getting used to a whole new school as well"She smiles at you watching you and she wanted to reach out and touch your hair..it looked so soft..

Yeah well I am sure in the end he would turn it into a twisted sex thing...and i prefer my sex untwisted if possible.."she smiles*yeah well i was thinking about painting it green and I found a really nice border that will match my bedspread...and I am just going to make the ceiling white. That way I am not stareing up at the peep ceiling. I also got some of those glow in the dark stars for my ceiling. I had em for my old room."

She blinked and looks down and smiles"well I think we had better get to my place and feed you...before your stomach speaks again.."she looks at you curiously"Is gina your mum?"

Vanna Lane

Nodding, Alex  smiled at Fiona. "I can imagine it's hard being new all the time with all the moving around you've done. Although, i can't say i know how you feel. I've lived in the same place all my life," said Alex, sighing as she absentmindedly kicked a rock down the stretch of road ahead of them.  Without even thinking about what she was saying, Alex blurted out excitedly, "I'd love to see those stars at night!" Alex clapped a hand over her mouth in slight shock.

She recovered quickly, trying to play it cool by saying, "I mean, I bet they're pretty. I've never had those glow-in-the-dark stars..." She trailed off, suddenly a bit shy. She smiled and peeked over at Fiona who was looking back rather intently. Alex's breath caught in her throat as her heart fluttered beneath her breast. She didn't know why Fiona's gaze unnerved her, but it made her feel nervous. She hoped the other girl didn't notice as she wiped her sweaty palms on the sides of her dress.

Alex hesitated slightly, biting her lower lip thoughtfully when Fiona asked about Gina. Most people started treating her different once they found out about her parents, looking at her with pity. She just couldn't stand it if Fiona ever looked at her that way too. Taking a deep breath, she began slowly, "No, Gina is my aunt. I've lived with her since I was 12," Alex paused, not wanting to look at Fiona while she said the next part. It was hard for her to talk about.

Deciding that the best way to get it out was to do it fast, like ripping off a bandaid, she continued, "My parents were killed by a drunk driver when I was young. They were on their way to pick me up from school and when they didn't show, I just waited. I remember sitting on the school steps looking down the road for their car. I waited for what seemed like hours as the night came and raindrops started to fall. They were never late, but had always told me to wait for them. So, I did." She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from crying before proceeding with her story.

She could feel Fiona's eyes on her, but still avoided looking at her for fear that she would lose it. "I was scared of having to stay in the dark any longer. When I finally saw headlights, it turned out that they belonged to my aunt's car. The first thing she did when I got in the car was to hug me. She was acting strange and I was worried. She pulled back and told me about my parent's collision before embracing me again, tighter this time. I remember my whole body going numb... After that I moved in with her..." her voice cracked up with emotion as the tears threatened to fall. Not wanting to cry in front of someone she barely knew, she looked the opposite direction, trying to find some kind of a distraction.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you and smiles a bit"You get used to it..I mean I don't even have that much to unpack..just my books and my clothes and a few keepsakes..My mum and stepdad would buy me new bedding and stuff each time we moved so we had less to take with us.She looks at you and smiles about how excited you got about things"Well I have a blind on my window you could probably see them pretty well..."

She looked at you as you tried to play it cool and smiles a bit"You there's nothing wrong with being excited about things that are new...I mean I used to get excited when we moved but as I got older it just got to the other shoe dropping for us moving.."She looks at you and smiles a bit."But we are staying here now...my step dad Micheal is retired now so I will be stayin here. Although even iffen he didn't I would..i am sick of moving.."

She looks at you worried as you sort of went quiet and she stopped as you told her the story and her eyes went wide and she stared at you as you were talking hearing the whole story and she suddenly moved in and hugged you"I'm so sorry you had to wait in the dark like that.. that's awful...and not knowing what was happening...you were so brave to be able to stay by yourself like that.."She realized she was hugging you pretty tightly and blushed pulling back"umm..sorry..but i sorta know how you feel..when i was 10 I got lost in the woods by our house...in...god I think we were still in England at the time..we lived in a house just outside of London...I was scared stiff the entire time..I was bawling my eyes out the entire time..it was a wonder i wasn't shriveled up by the time my neighbor found me and took me home.."She smiled"I bet yer aunts real nice though..I would like to meet her sometime if that's ok? I mean you can meet mum and Micheal sometime...just Micheal's away for a meeting for his new job and mum works as a nurse at the hospital so she won't be home till late...so.."she smiles a bit"come on..its this way.."she pulled you up to an oldish looking farm house with green trim and walked up to the door pulling out her key.

Vanna Lane

Alex's emotions were bubbling up inside her. This was the first person to really hug her in ages. Most people didn't know what to do with themselves, let alone her after her parents' funeral. It felt so good to be hugged that she momentarily forgot to hug back. Before she got the chance to really react, Fiona pulled away rather quickly. "Thank you, it's OK. It doesn't hurt as much as it used to..." Alex said simply, not seeing any need to elaborate.

"I'd like to meet them and sure, it'd be nice for you to meet my aunt as well," she said quickly. She wasn't so used to other people caring so much,  besides her aunt of course. Fiona was so nice and compassionate. It just made Alex like her all the more.  When Fiona mentioned that her mom and step dad wouldn't be home, it made her heart skip a beat. Alex wasn't sure that Fiona even was thinking about her that way, which made her feel guilty for even having those thoughts.

Her new friend was such an amazing person and Alex didn't want to mess this up. She hadn't had a real friend in such a long time, that she was probably making the whole situation out to be something it was not. Carmen had been there for her, but she always wondered whether or not she had a hidden agenda. Fiona grabbed her hand and led her to a big, beautiful farmhouse. She loved that it had her favorite color as the trim. Alex followed Fiona inside, an excited air surrounding her.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you and was very worried her hug had freaked you out but when she sees you smile she relaxed"but..it still hurts..I know...i actually hated the royal british army for taking my dad away from me. I was angry for a very long time. But time makes you hate them less. I think I will always miss dad but knowing he was seen as a hero..that helped after I got over being angry. And my step dad was nice and eventually we came to an agreement about being a family..Although...I have to admit I have pulled the Your not my real dad thing.."

She smiles a bit"I know...you will have to deal with my cooking for dinner if you would like to stay..I promise I will not poison you.."She smiles at you and walked inside to a nicely although slightly messy house..it would seem that fiona was not the only one with unpacking to do."Can i offer you something to drink? and if you want we can descend into the peep room..try not to stare at the walls too much.."she smirks a bit"You could go blind."

Vanna Lane

"I'm so sorry about your dad. That must have been hard. That's great he was a hero, you must be so proud," Alex said quietly with a small smile, "It seems like you and your step dad have a good relationship though." Alex glanced at Fiona when she caught her looking at her out of the corner of her eye. Fiona was so bold in many ways, but also so shy in others. She found it cute and endearing. She felt  strange connection with her that made her feel unusually comfortable.

The house was warm and inviting, Alex noticed, albeit a bit cluttered. It wasn't dirty by any means, but everything seemed so scattered and unorganized. "Good to know you're not some kind of serial killer," joked Alex, hoping Fiona would see the humor in her comment rather than be offended, "Thank you, I'm starving!" Alex rubbed her stomach as it growled once more, "Water would be fine. Um...sure. Sounds like a plan." She was glad to finally be alone, but she was also slightly nervous that she would scare her away.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you and smiles"I miss him but i will see him again some day. And yeah my stepdad is a nice guy...he treats my mom well so..and its sort of nice to be living in our own house...I can actually pain my room anyway I like. I used to have to deal with base teachers too...that was annoying...they used to treat us all like little soldiers. I never thought nuns would be less strict.."She smiles a bit and walks off to the kitchen leading you inside"Just have a seat..sorry I can't cook anything really fancy..but we have pizza pockets."

She tosses it in the microwave and looks at you and smiles"I am too..."She goes into the fridge and moves over handing you a bottle of water and smiles"You don't have to look nervous...I am not a serial killer...I had to give that up..they took my murder kit when we went through customs.."She grins and gets the pizza pockets and sits down with you."Are you ok? You look sorta nervous...I promise i don't bite."

Vanna Lane

"That's good that he treats you guys well. I can't imagine dealing with base teachers. Sounds really complicated," said Alex, grimacing slightly, "Pizza pockets are fine." Actually they sounded positively divine. Alex hadn't had pizza in awhile. "My aunt keeps only healthy things in the house, which I love, but she's as strict vegetarian. I respect her choices and the food is actually really good, but sometimes I just want to go on a junk food binge when I'm stressed."

Alex smiled sheepishly, chuckling at her confession. She had never shared that with anyone. Her friends wouldn't understand because they were all about counting calories, which was annoying. As she took the water, she giggled at Fiona's humor. It was quirky, but in a cute way. She bit into the pizza pocket, distracted at the thought of actually being bitten by such a lovely creature. She yelped as cheese oozed onto her thumb and burned her flesh as it flowed down the top of her hand.

Thesunmaid

She grins as you talked about the vegetarian thing"Well...then I will promise that I will keep the freezer well stocked with crap that's bad for you and you can come over anytime you want to binge."She laughs softly"My mum tries to get me and Micheal to eat better but we both are big on not cooking when we are really hungry."she moved over setting the plates down and then moves to the fridge and gets them each a can of coke"is this ok? or did you just wanna stick with water? I know by my diet I should be about 300 pounds but i have a weird metabolism."She blinked as you  burned yourself and looked suddenly worried"Oh shite..."She took your hand and flicked the cheese off and pulled you to the sink and ran the cold water pushing your hand gently under it"I guess it has been a while since you had pizza.."she smiles."So should i feed it to you?"she chuckles softly and looks at your hand"I don't think its too bad..just a little red."she smiled at you.

iambrowncoat

room for  one more person  in the roleplay i figuerd id ask insted of just chiming in my two cents

iambrowncoat

i may have a idea that will work for three people that would work with me working  more than one charicter  give me a few moments to work out the finer points keep your eyes opean for a new thread called wise guys and dolls  if your intrested join if not i understand

Vanna Lane

"Ow. That smarted a bit," Alex said, trying to play it off like it was nothing. "I love Coke!" She exclaimed excitedly, "Well the soda that is." Alex chuckled at her pun, not entirely caring anymore if she sounded lame. She figured that if Fiona hadn't yet run away screaming, she was safe. Having Fiona feed her would be kind of embarrassing and it would make her feel like a goober. "Oh, haha, no thanks. That would be slightly... awkward," Alex grinned great big.

She almost added, 'but I wouldn't complain if you kissed it and made it better,' but she kept that thought to herself. Alex chided herself for even having such thoughts. She had no idea what the consequences could be. For all she knew, she could very well end up pushing away the only person she felt like she could truly talk to. The connection between them almost sizzled like electricity. When Fiona touched her hand, Alex half expected to see blue sparks.