Issues with syntax on a forum post

Started by Assassini, November 08, 2015, 11:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassini

Was just, in the past few minutes, updating my O/Os post on the board. I have it set up so that there is a series of lists across the entire "O/Os" post but for some reason something seems to be getting messed up here with the listing "code".

Basically in one part of the "General Things", where I say "Only humanoid main characters" the whole remainder of the post is suddenly indented further.

Now, I know that one can make a list within a list, like so:

• Thing one.

• Subset of thing one.
  • Thing two.

So it seems obvious that there is an extra {list} and {/list} code somewhere in the post. That is all straight-forward.

What ISN'T is that I cannot, for the absolute life of me, fix it. I know there's an extra {list} at the start of the whole indent, but every time I remove it, it reappears, and I also can't find the other end of it (which is making the post do this whole thing). I even copied the whole thing out to a word doc to try and find both codes and remove them, but that didn't help either.

I ASSUME this is just a case of me being blind, so I could really use a second pair of eyes in fixing this.

Nico

Assassini

Nico

Could you have a look and let me know if it's better now?

Assassini

Quote from: Nicholas on November 08, 2015, 12:16:36 PM
Could you have a look and let me know if it's better now?

Yup, perfect! That's exactly what I was after!

Mind telling me where that sneaky {/list} thing was hiding?

Nico

Quote from: Assassini on November 08, 2015, 12:18:30 PM
Yup, perfect! That's exactly what I was after!

Mind telling me where that sneaky {/list} thing was hiding?
Awesome! :-)

Right before the  "Only humanoid main characters" was a {list} and before that a missing {/li}. I was almost certain what happened when I read your post here. Happened to me before. A lot. ;D

Glad I could help you out!

Assassini

Quote from: Nicholas on November 08, 2015, 12:20:52 PM
Awesome! :-)

Right before the  "Only humanoid main characters" was a {list} and before that a missing {/li}. I was almost certain what happened when I read your post here. Happened to me before. A lot. ;D

Glad I could help you out!

Oh.

Ooooh.

Right. Cheers Nich!

Nico

BAMF

Thanks for posting this, Assassini. I've been trying to remember how to do doubly indented lists! I tried looking in the Tutorials and couldn't find it, so thank you!!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«