Kingmaker?

Started by Blinkin, November 06, 2013, 04:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inash

Right, I'll get a sheet up quickly.  It always take me a bit longer to come up with fluff (though traits are usually a big help with that).  Lets see, Blinkin has a ranger, and Latooni said something about a wizard so... Skillmonkey or healer.... (no I don't want to be the face, I lack the social skills myself.)  I'll make either a druid or a cleric, I'm more comfortable with that than with a rogue. 

BassBX

This sounds pretty interesting. May I join in?

Inash

'statblock' and link to mythweavers sheet

Hakak
Male NG Half-Orc (Sacred Tatoo, Scavenger, Forest Walker) Druid (Menhir Savant), Level 1, Init +1, HP  / , Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15, CMD 12, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +7, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Greataxe 1 (1d12, x3)
reach, brace Cold Iron Longspear 1 (1d8, x3)
  Silver Dagger 1 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Masterwork Hide + armored kilt (+5 Armor, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10
Condition None
Thylacine Companion
Starting Statistics: Size Small; Speed 30 ft.; Attack bite (1d6);
HP: 2 die (Rolled 6, average is 9) BAB: 1 (2) Fort: 3 (6) Ref: 3 (5) Wil: 0 (1) AC: 12 Touch 12 FF 10
Ability Scores Str 12, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 7; Special Qualities low-light vision, powerful jaws (a thylacine’s muscular jaws threaten a critical hit on a natural roll of 19 or 20).
Skills: (2) Stealth 1(5) Acrobatics 1(5)
Feats: (1) Improved Natural Attack
Tricks: (1 bonus +6?) Aid, Attack, come, defend, flank, guard, sneak
Link, Share Spells
4th-Level Advancement: Size Medium; AC +2 natural armor; Attack bite (1d6); Ability Scores Str +4, Dex –2, Con +4.
traits

Outcast, Bastard
description
Aside from the features that mark him as a member of the Garess family, Hakak has a nice set of small tusks, which he keeps fairly well polished, jet black hair, and brown eyes. He is quite tall and fairly hefty in build.
personality
Stubborn, independent and a little resentful.  Hakak is a fairly angry young man right now, and is eager to prove himself.  Aside from the anger issues, Hakak is stubbornly honest and stubbornly disrespectful of nobility. 
backstory
The offspring of a very drunken, very wild night on the part of a lesser lord of house Garess and an orcish slave.  He could have been passed off as a nobody, but he inherited too many distinctive features of the family.  Given the close relationship of the Garess family and the local dwarves, he was sent away immediately.  He went from one place to another, being moved whenever he might be recognized, always staying on the margins of society.  When he was old enough, he ran off to the wilderness and joined a sect of druids. 

Hakak can't help but be aware of his parentage, and resents the life that he never got to lead and the family he never knew. 

Latooni Subota

When you said any player race on the SRD, I assume that means the non-3rd party featured races like Tiefling, yeah? (I totally understand that if I went with something 'out there' like Tiefling it would be not so good at dealing with humans. :x )

Edit: Nevermind, it's a non-issue. Gonna be a human wizard it seems! I'll probably get the stuff up after my nWoD tonight.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Blinkin

I would lean toward GM descression and the Player's Guide for the path doesn't list them in the list of races common to the region. That's not to say that it's not possible to find a tefling in Bevoy, but to me, it's a GM call.

Of course, I've never gotten the whole craze to play half-demons/half-engels thing, but I'm a traditionalist when it comes to fantasy RPG's and rarely play anything outside of the original races... I like them.

And, hello again GW, you following me about now? ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

It would be nice to see a game go long term.

Auto, question.

800 GP is starting gold for 3rd level at a medium advancement... are characters starting at 3rd, or getting the rich parents trait free? If they are starting out above 1st, I'll need to advance Lydia to the appropriate level.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Latooni Subota

From what I've read, we're still first level, but IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY (I've actually only read the first few bandit-related encounters from when I was trying to GM it) she's giving us roughly the value of the loot/perks found through the encounters you guys went through the first time. Smacking down a bandit camp leads to sweet loot, you know?

edit: This is totally guessing though. Too busy figuring out food and working on my character to actually dig through the first campaign book. Well, that and I want to try and forget anything I've read in it so I get surprised easier >.>

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

AndyZ

What do we have so far?  Is the sorc slot open?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Latooni Subota

There's a ranger and half-orc druid, and my wizard will be finished in a little bit after I buy equipment and fiddle with background fluff.

Latooni Subota

Alright, my human wizard (Fire Elementalist school) is complete! I think! I wish there was a better way to get handle animal/ride as a class skill though . . .

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=703243

Fatima Abha Viraji

Fatima is a Vudrani pyromancer, traveling around the inner sea and beyond in an attempt to learn more about other cultures, and improve her magical craft. In her homeland she plyed her trade as a fire dancer, entertaining nobles and commoners alike at various pubs she traveled to with her sultry moves and magical flames before moving onto the next town. Bitten hard by the wanderlust bug her travels away from home went further and further, eventually bringing her across the seas and down into Brevic, where she alternated between minor adventuring and dancing. When the call came for adventurers to clear out the untamed lands to the south she found this to be a good opportunity to earn a little fame for herself and see what it would be like to stick in one area for a while . . . that and it just seemed like the right thing to do. She never was one to let a bunch of bandits and monster run rampant, after all.

Standing at 5'4", Fatima is a fairly beautiful caramel-skinned hman woman. Unlike most wizards she's chosen to get some exercise, giving her a lean physique save for her spectacular hips and her modest bust, making her the envy of more than a few noblewomen. She claims that the hard travel is better than any diet! She has long black hair that she's been growing out since she was little, tied into a single thick braid behind her. While she almost always has her semi-sheer, and very revealing dancing clothes on (Half because she's used to it at this point after living under the sun for so long), she's learned to wear a heavier cloak over her clothes for modesty's sake, and has invested in some nice talaria-styled sandals to keep her feet comfortable while traveling. She always has a truly magnificent stallion accompanying her by the name of Suresh, a gift from a particularly smitten noble. The chocolate-colored horse is well-trained and carries most of her gear, since Fatima isn't particularly strong herself, and also serves as her mount. She's never been that good at riding or handling animals though, so sometimes it can be a bit of a bother . . .

Tydorei

We can't use the advanced players guide for classes?

Rajah

Quote from: Tydorei on November 09, 2013, 01:44:15 PM
We can't use the advanced players guide for classes?

He said SRD, didn't he? Doesn't that cover the APG? If I'm not misunderstanding, posting interest in a (probably tiefling) Alchemist, of the Vivisectionist/Preservationist archetypes. A renaissance man and arcanobiologist searching after a mystery pattern he believes unifies all animate life, and whose discovery would mean ultimate enlightenment. Part scientist, part spiritual pilgrim, part drug-fueled ecstatic berserker.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Autocad

In case there was a typo or misunderstanding somewhere, you start with 800 GP worth of wealth, which is between the wealth by level for level 1 and 2. Not 8000.

The SRD includes the APG.

Blinkin

Hmmm. The medium progression for level 3 is 780, but after totaling up all of Lydia's gear at market value, she has just over 740 GP, so the point is made. Still level 1.

I think that I have finally got Lydia, now Lara, updated with the loot that I forgot to put on the character sheet in the OOC forum.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Autocad

Where are you getting these funky progression numbers from? I have a feeling we're looking at different sources here.

Blinkin

Pathfinder OGC.
Character Advancement
In:

Table: Character Advancement and Level-Dependent Bonuses

It's listed as Fast, medium, slow exp levels, ability and feats then wealth at fast, medium, slow.

3rd
2nd

3,000 gp
780 gp
1,650 gp

I'm happy to accept your numbers as Lydia/Lara's loot totals at 600 exp is about 750 gp and that's based, I'm sure, on the adventure Path's loot listings. We probably ARE looking at two different sources though.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Autocad

That's actually PC wealth, basic NPC wealth, and heroic NPC wealth.

Wealth by level is independent of progression speed, which makes sense if you think about it.

Blinkin

Ok, as I said, I'm happy to take your judgement. I use that table because it's the only one I see under character advancement that also has progression broken down into fast, medium and slow. If there is another table I should use, could you link it to me so I can reference it after this?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Latooni Subota

Wealth by level chart
PC Level*   Wealth
2   1,000 gp
3   3,000 gp
4   6,000 gp
5   10,500 gp
6   16,000 gp
7   23,500 gp
8   33,000 gp
9   46,000 gp
10   62,000 gp
11   82,000 gp
12   108,000 gp
13   140,000 gp
14   185,000 gp
15   240,000 gp
16   315,000 gp
17   410,000 gp
18   530,000 gp
19   685,000 gp
20   880,000 gp

There is no progression speed difference for wealth by level, for PC's, it's just one chart. XP speed progression is just WOO ABSTRACT ways to change the pacing of the game.

Autocad

Quote from: Blinkin on November 10, 2013, 11:43:49 AM
Ok, as I said, I'm happy to take your judgement. I use that table because it's the only one I see under character advancement that also has progression broken down into fast, medium and slow. If there is another table I should use, could you link it to me so I can reference it after this?

I use the same table. What I'm saying is, while there is a fast, medium, and slow XP progression, there's no table of wealth by fast, medium and slow. It actually reads PC, NPC (Basic), NPC (Heroic).

To use your level 3 example:

3rd
2nd

3,000 gp
780 gp
1,650 gp

The actual table headers read as follows:
Character Level
Slow [Experience Point Total]
Medium [Experience Point Total]
Fast [Experience Point Total]
Feats
Ability Score
PC [Wealth]
NPC (basic) [Wealth]
NPC (heroic) [Wealth]

It's not my judgment; it's the rules as written.

Blinkin

A Poor choice of words. my apologies. Tables don't always read properly with a screen reader, so that explains my confusion.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Latooni Subota

So, how we goin'? Still making decisions/looking for more applicants? :x

Tagan

Hmm.  Let me see if I have a low level Pathfinder character.

And I do!  Never got to play this one much.
Madoka Ayukawa

Tydorei

I was going to apply with an alchemist... but seems like the ranged damage / aoe damage role is all covered. Though I suppose alchemist can be the healer/buffer/controller. hmm. I guess it won't hurt to apply. but its sleep time right now.

Autocad

Still here, still prepping. Meanwhile, applications are still open, although winning chances drop drastically with each new entry.