D&D 3.5: Dungeon of the Demented Dungeon Mistress

Started by Natalie C. Barney, May 05, 2006, 11:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie C. Barney

This will be set in the huge underground maze of the the DDM Rayne, this diabolical creation was forged by the demigoddess to keep busy and in the bowels is said to be the key to godhood, or a huge treasure hoard or the mightist magic tome ever penned or...well no one knows. But she welcomes adventurers to try to get to the heart of her dungeon maze.

All is not lost there is the multiaccessible town of Mazetown to rest and recover, buy things and sprts the finest entertainment street in the maze (ok the only one), hidden civilizations, lost worlds and more maze than can boggle the mind. Also Harlon Happyfeetz and his traveling dimensional tradeshop can pop in for that quick resupply and the typically high prices for the conveniance.

What's in the middle at the heart of the Maze, what legendary power or wealth will you get or will you not make it. No one ever has...

Interested the black ship departs to it at no cost, free food and passage for those daring or foolish enough to try...

Well I need players the dungeon is massive and will involve all sorts of things you start at Level 1 and likely end at near Epic level if it goes to conclusion- the winners get one DIVINE WISH. That is you want to be a demigod you can be or the mightiest lich necromancer in the land ditto or you want the finest mug of ale ever made- sure. All you have to do is survive without dying. That's right you die you get normal mundane items like a 1 million gold treasure hoard or a minor artifact. So come if you dare!

If interested post here if I get four players with character sheets I'll request a thread.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Muse

::Takes a number::  Do you allow psionicisits? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Natalie C. Barney

Yes if you want. I have access to the rules. The eay the dungeon is set up the first five are warm up levels then you get to the HIDDEN DOORWAY once you go in you must get to the center of the maze and get the portal out OR you don't. Sort of you get a chance to get loot and experience, the weak get culled and the worthy can go ahead. If you want.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

I love 3.5.  Should we pm you a character sheet?  Any particular races allowed/not allowed?
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Natalie C. Barney

I favor the core races. And we will do the characters for it on a character generation site I used in D&D Shadows & Shades it keeps it simple to do. For stats you can use the 32 point buy from the DMG OR roll 4d6 and drop the lowest die assigning as ou wish. For hit points you can roll after Level 1 OR take the AVERAGE of the die adding any Con bonus hit points. DECIDE at character creation both options.

Characters generously start at Level 1. ooooooooooooo lol

Oh and for clerics its simple there are four temples- Dark (evil alignments), White (good alignments- includes paladind), Gray (neutral alignments- as in Neutral, LN or CN) and Nature (druids and rangers).

Character classes are the core ones and psionic classes.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

Sounds good to me.  I'd like to play an elven ranger if that's okay with you.   :)    And these die rollers hate me, so I'd use the point-by and would probably take the die average at every level.  I can make an elven ranger in my sleep, so I'll get started right away if that's all right.   :)
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Natalie C. Barney

Sure there are jungles and forests in several areas- and lost civilizations. Some not so unfriendly some are not so they can use you. Oh you get maximum gold and ONE +1 magic weapon (recieved upon arrival and entering the dungeon plus some other items randomly rolled).

Based on class for the extra item(s).

Oh do not do characters until we get at least four people and we need a cleric, a rogue, a wizard and a fighter. You will have a chance to multiclass for the first few levels easily but make sure your bases are covered well enough.

So we need at least two or three more players to join.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Hm....  Psion or wizard.  Decisions, Decisions... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Natalie C. Barney

If it helps the owner of the dungeon has free training up to Level 2 in cleric, fighter, wizard and rogue at her ADVENTURING ACADEMY so if you take Psion you can train in Wizard for free and get some spells and all. She doesn't want her playthings to die due to lack of training.  ;D
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

How then, will multi-classing work?  I would love a ranger/rogue or a ranger/fighter (awesome combos for gestalt campaigns, btw).

Natalie C. Barney

Follow the standard rules when you get to Level 2 tell the person on the purple and red robes with the staff and fancy amulet you want to train and they'll send you to the school. So as long as its a basic class listed its fine. Its simple you get the Level 1 of abilities in the class, the skill point base like a rogue would get 8 skill points and hit points average. And yes all characters get one special item if needed- like a cleric gets a blessed holy symbol, wizard a spellbook with spells, rogue masterwork lockpicks and a fighter an upgrade in armor. Only after they get there first level of training.

Its not meant to be all that realistic in spots just figure if it doesn't make sense its MAGIC at work. lol

But do expect some serious adventuring going on.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

Sounds awesome, and adventuring is the name of the game.   :)

Mindhazingsquid

Hmm, starting at level 2 you say?  I might make my rogue.  My rogues are all the same but I love them and they're so easy at this point.  It's just about the only 3rd ed character I know how to make, hah hah.

Natalie C. Barney

Natalie Clifford Barney

Mindhazingsquid

I honestly don't know the difference between 3rd and 3.5.  Didn't they just make a few small changes?

Natalie C. Barney

Actually for rogues no they made changs like the sorceror got shafted they no longer get extra spells for a high Charisma.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Natalie C. Barney

Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=13331

Here's a rough draft of a psion concept.  Unlike most of my spellcasters, she's not good for much else what with that 6 I rolled for strength. 

Right now, she's mostly defense, but so long as you underestimate her she can burn just about anything. 

Purple

Natalie C. Barney

Oh there are no GODS in the classical sense clerics and lay people choose a TEMPLE these are the Dark (evil alignments), Gray (non-evil neutral alignments), White (good alignments) and Nature (druids and rangers- nature clerics that is allied to the Gray Temple.

Gods are just really powerful entities that support the appropriate temple thing of them as patron saints of sorts, just few worship them.

Do for diety just put a color or Nature that will suffice.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Muse, I advice you become the wizard/psion and take levels as Cerebremancer, you cannot believe HOW cheesy that combo is when you reahc near epic ;).

Hmm, so we have a ranger, psion (perhaos arcanist in future) and rogue. I am not that high for divine spellcasting classes (cleric, favoured souls etc). But I would be intrested to play a simple half-elf tank, by becoming a Knight (link to this PHB 2 coreclass is below the post). I asume our ranger is our ranged combat support (taking the archery path).

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060501a&page=2

Natalie C. Barney

A Knight well sure its cooler than a Paladin. Depending on the alignment and all we have to have a reason he or she is doing the dungeon maybe to get a cure for his lady lave who has a wasting illness. An epic quest worthy of a knight.  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, the idea would be not bad, especially I planned play by the romanticided idea of knight. What about if knight's loved one had died already by old age? That she was cursed by some vile warlock (nemesis of knight) to age faster, at least 100 times faster than normal person and so she aged 100 years in single year. Thanks dying old age she cannot be ressurected or even wished back by mundane means, but a divine powered wish COULD ressurect her back whitout the curse.

Of course he is considered a widow knight and grim and all that (so LN alignment) and is strict coded person. But there is posibillity to fall love again (and so the nature of divine wish may change). Altough good benefits as paladin is that he is divine spellcaster by minor scale after 4lvl but I do not see paladin a knight in basic principle. Would it be bad if our DM mistress would control npc who is cleric or other divine spellcaster 'assigned' to assist group by the maze master?

Natalie C. Barney

Well that wouldn't be fair she is a fair if demented demigoddess you go through with the resources you have. But you have a few test and warm up levels so someone can add cleric later. If you go in without one your going to have problems once you pass throught the BLACK DOOR you cannot return save get to inner chamber.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Hmm, our ranger could do some healing whit wand after 4lvl, also paladin could do same and even better if he is full paladin all the way. But otherwise I ask to draw who takes cleric/divine spellcaster levels before we enter black door :P. I wished to be able to take almsot all way as knigth (perhaps few levels as Cavalier or Knight Protector).