Fortunately Unfortunate

Started by Sinna Mystika, January 07, 2010, 11:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinna Mystika

Kodi looked up from her book and smiled. "Go ahead, I'll be alright. I hope you didn't have too much trouble with the car. I used to have a better one, but I wrecked it." Kodi laughed. "That one wasn't my fault. Never go out driving during halftime on the day of the Superbowl."

ArlenIronison

Arlen chuckled lightly and shook his head. "It wasn't any trouble to work on, actually rather easy. I'll be down in about ten minutes, alright?" He wandered upstairs to go take his shower, glad to have one after fixing the car.

Sinna Mystika

Kodi nodded, but she had already returned to her coloring. She didn't know what else she had to do. Besides. It was only ten minutes. She hummed to herself as she worked, a song her father had sung to her as a child. A somewhat haunting melody, but beautiful. She finished another page in her book, then put it into her bag, along with her crayons. Kodi curled up in front of the fire while she waited. It wouldn't hurt to close her eyes for a few minutes.

ArlenIronison

Arlen got out of the shower in pretty much ten minutes, but it took him a few more to actually dry off and dress. Once he was done he shook his hair out, towel dried it, then went downstairs. He saw Kodi curled up by the fire, asleep. Smiling, he walks over and grabs a blanket off the couch, sitting down next to her before covering her with the blanket. He wasn't really tired enough to sleep yet, so he just stood there, watching her sleep. She still looked rather beautiful while she slept, and he couldn't help but reach over to brush the hair out of her face.

Sinna Mystika

Kodi startled awake at the feel of a touch against her face, nearly jumping into the fireplace, but catching herself just in time. She blushed and looked at Arlen.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep. It was just so warm and comfy. I wasn't going to sleep, just rest for a moment." She looked at the floor, blushing furiously. She couldn't believe she had done that!! And almost caught herself on fire too!! Could she be any clumsier than she was??

ArlenIronison

Arlen had grasped her shoulder when she nearly jumped into the fire, making sure she didn't hurt herself anymore than she needed to. He smiled a bit. "It's alright, you're just tired. I'm sorry it's boring here, but at least your car is fixed, right? Just a matter of snow, now. I checked the weather, looks like we're getting another storm tonight. I hope you don't mind staying longer." He smiled a little, letting go of her shoulder finally as she wasn't endangering herself anymore.

Sinna Mystika

Kodi smiled. She didn't mind staying. She was trying not to sound to eager, but truth be told, she enjoyed his company, and she told him so, promptly turning a deep shade of red. She hated that she embarrassed so easily.

"I just hope I'm no bother to you. I mean, you went to all the trouble of digging my car out and fixing it. Making me breakfast too!! I just feel awful because I can't really help you in anyway to thank you." She looked upset, but tried to smile. She really was grateful.

ArlenIronison

"Look, it's alright, Kodi, I don't mind at all. I have all this money and I don't really do anything with it, so it's no big deal fixing your car." He winks lightly, tugging the blanket around her shoulders a little more. "Come on, you look tired. Go ahead and go back to sleep, I'll see you again in the morning, alright?" He smiles warmly, walking over to add some more wood to the fire.

Sinna Mystika

Kodi nodded, already yawning, and went to climb on the couch. No point in risking falling into the fireplace again. It was a nice-sized couch. Roomy enough for her to stretch her legs out if she wanted to, but she curled up in a tiny ball, all but invisible in the blanket. She was asleep before she was even able to say "Good night," though she had intended to.

ArlenIronison

Arlen smiles at Kodi curling up on the couch, and had the feeling she wouldn't want to be left alone at night. He somewhat childish antics gave him the feeling that if she woke up, she'd like to know someone else was nearby, especially considering she was in some stranger's house no less. So, walking over to his recliner, he grabs his blanket and props the seat open, relaxing and lying back. Before he knew it, he too was asleep.

Sinna Mystika

As Kodi awoke, she stretched and yawned. She sat up to look around and noticed that Arlen had slept out here with her. How sweet of him, she thought as she watched him sleep. Kodi quietly got up and walked to the window to look outside. At least it isn't snowing. There's more than enough on the ground now. If it keeps coming down, I may never get to leave. Kodi looked back at Arlen's sleeping form. Though that might not exactly be something I'm objecting to, she thought as she smiled.

ArlenIronison

Arlen awoke to the feeling that someone was looking at him. Stretching in his seat, he opened his eyes, rubbing the sleep from them to see Kodi standing across the room, at the window. He couldn't help but smile a little at the picture; a young woman as beautiful as she was standing by a window that opened out to a sea of snow beyond. It brought out a lot of Kodi's features that Arlen had noticed before, but he hadn't quite seen them this way before. Still smiling, he pushed the blanket off and kicked the recliner closed, stretched again with a stiffled yawn. He covered his mouth out of habit and manners, sitting up and checking the time. It was still rather early, just before noon. He looked over at Kodi.

"Hey there, Kodi. Sleep well?"

Sinna Mystika

"Oh, yes. I slept wonderfully. It has been quite some time since I slept well. I live in the city, you see, and the traffic keeps me very much awake at night."

Kodi smiled at Arlen and then turned back to look at the snow.

"You know," Kodi said. "I love everything about snow except the cold. If it were just warm but somehow frozen it would be perfect."

ArlenIronison

Arlen smiled, getting out of his chair and stretching on his way over to her. "You know, I've had the same thought before, in the past. It would be nice, but it'd sort of defeat the purpose of snow." He chuckles lightly, winking to her.  Walking up next to her, he looks out at the snow falling lazily about. "At this rate, you could be here for a while... it's already been a couple of days, I'm sorry about that. I hope you're not getting bored out of your mind or anything."

Sinna Mystika

Kodi laughed. She couldn't help it. She was having the most fun she had had in a while. How often did she get to make new friends with work consuming her time??

"Are you kidding?? I couldn't get bored here. You are an interesting person to talk to. Besides, you don't find my.....habits.....odd. Not many people out there that don't find it odd that a full-grown woman colors in a color book."

ArlenIronison

"Well, Art is Art, there's no doubting that. If it's just a line on a piece of paper and in a frame, and someone says it's art, then that's what it is." He smiles, patting her shoulder as he walks towards the kitchen. "Hungry? I'm about to make something really quick." He stretches on his way over, his shirt growing tight over his back to show a hint of muscle under the cloth.

Sinna Mystika

"Sure, I'm hungry," Kodi said as he turned toward the kitchen.

As he walked from the room, Kodi couldn't help noticing how well he was built. She stared for a moment, then shook herself.

Kodi, how could you?? He lets you stay here and you ogle him as soon as his back is turned!! She had to admit to herself though, he was quite attractive.

Kodi followed him to the kitchen, hoping to strike up a conversation, but she could think of nothing to say. She just sat and watched him cook. A magnificent sight if she said so herself, and she did. At least to herself.....

ArlenIronison

Arlen stood there in his kitchen, moving about constantly and focussing on several different dishes at a time, moving with a sort of expertise. He was able to multi-task on cooking three different things at once - sausage, pancakes, eggs - as well as putting toast in the toaster, and preparing coffee while getting cups, plates, and eating utensils out. "There's not much I can do about making sure the snow is cleared, seeing as I don't really have any room to work with here.  We're buried in pretty bad." He looks over his shoulder, raising a brow at a rather unfamiliar look Kodi was giving him. "What?"

Sinna Mystika

"N-nothing," she stammered. "I was, uh, I was just watching you cook is all." Kodi began to reply to what he had said, then realized she didn't remember. "Um, what did you say?? I can't remember."

ArlenIronison

"No room to work with? Snow buried us in? We're going to be stuck here for quite a while. Good thing I went to Costco a few days before the storm, huh? We'll be stocked up on food and all that for a couple of weeks, at least." He was still cooking with his back turned to her while he spoke, and he caught that look briefly as he turned, serving her some breakfast. "I'll see what I can do about the phones, at least, so you can contact someone and let them know you're not dead or anything." Arlen smiles warmly, stretching for a moment before seating himself with a plate of food before him.

Sinna Mystika

Kodi ate slowly, not really tasting her food. Why am I so distracted?? I mean he's good looking, yes, but I've seen good looking men before. I just don't understand. It must be the close quarters. She tried to justify her thoughts, but she just couldn't quite believe them. Kodi looked up from her plate. His smile was quite warm, and quite distracting.

"I do need to call my sister. I'm sure she has called every hospital in a fifty-mile radius looking for me. She worries too much sometimes."

ArlenIronison

Arlen couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at that. "I have a sattelite in the garage somewhere I could hook up and rig it with a phone jack. It'll probably work a bit like radio or something, I'm not sure, but at least it'll let someone know we're not dead." He could tell something was on her mind, she had a distracted look about her. "Something wrong? You look a bit distant there."

Sinna Mystika

Kodi looked up from her food and smiled. She couldn't tell him all of it, but she could share a little.

"I'm alright, I'm just worried. My sister can get a little crazy sometimes. She is a little overprotective of me. Ever since I was little, he has obsessed over me."

Kodi shrugged.

ArlenIronison

"Well," Arlen started, wiping his mouth and getting up, "I should probably get started on that soon. It's already been a couple of days and no doubt she's heard of the storm by now. There's a police station a few miles out, they should pick up a signal I send out with the radio."

Sinna Mystika

Kodi smiled. He really was quite helpful. She just wished there was a way to pay him back.

"Thank you so much, Arlen. I can't even thank you enough. I feel so useless here. I feel like a burden."

Kodi got up and took the dishes to the sink. It was the least she could do. She started washing as Arlen headed out to the garage.

The dishes were done quickly, and Kodi found herself still in a cleaning mood. Well, there isn't much to clean, but I suppose I could clear the clutter and scrub things up. I'm sure he'll be a while.

Kodi tied her hair back and began looking for a bucket. In no time at all, she had a bucket filled with hot water, bleach, and soap, and had a sponge in hand. She started in the kitchen and worked her way through the house. The only room she didnt clean was Arlen's bedroom. It was his personal space, and she felt it would be rude to invade it.