You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 01, 2023, 08:41:37 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Guardians of the First Star — Magical Girls and Boys (Revised: March 18) [Open]  (Read 869 times)

Offline MyttraDWTopic starter

• Liege
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
The First Star — an entity as old as the universe, yet as unknowable as the farthest reaches of such. Its light now shines on Earth, the latest world in the path of the encroaching darkness. Hoping to finally stem the tide, the first star blesses humans with latent magic the power to unleash it — in the forms of devoted guardian sprites. These powers, unleashed when the sprite merges their magic with that of their human, come in different shapes and forms. To serve the First Star is to fight against the Darkness and the creatures it will send.

You are now one of these Star Guardians. Should you fail, the light of Earth will be extinguished forever...

Hello! I am hoping to run this story, which is based on an incomplete knowledge of the Star Guardian skin line of League. But you don't need to know anything about League or the skins, as this is a completely separate idea. The PCs will all be students; they may know one another as a friend group, or maybe they first meet when granted their powers. In either case, I would like the RP to be a mostly light-hearted romp of magical transformations, monster fighting, relationship building, and fun with friends.

The setting of this story is going to be an alternate Earth, with a similar history yet a less tumultuous present day. Technology is around the same as well. So it may not be too different from the basic framework, but it allows us to omit certain things, or add others, to keep the story more lighthearted.

The characters themselves will all be college students who are part of a friend group or otherwise brought into the fold (such as a transfer student). Perhaps the group knew one another in High School, though we can choose how exactly the group gets together once we're further into the process.

Sprite Examples

Through some event, the PCs will be visited and blessed by the First Star, a cosmic being of great age and power. This power comes in the form of a Starsprite (Examples above) that, by passing through their physical body, can imbue their guardian with powers and abilities that normally lay dormant within them. These powers can come in many different forms, though often they also come with an item used to focus and use their abilites. These items may be guns, rods, guitars, or other handheld weapons and objects. Finally, as part of their transformation they will have ears and tails similar to animals, usually inspired by their sprite.

Myttra's Character Art

The PCs will be expected to fight monsters of darkness and corruption. As well, I'm hoping to have a lot of fun simply interacting and growing their story. If this sounds interesting to you, please feel free to leave a reply and/or ask questions :D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:15:03 am by Daeva »

Offline Rajah

• (Not) Human
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • "I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Guardians of the First Star — Magical Girls and Boys [Recruiting]
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 03:13:57 am »
Very interested!

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- RequiemGurl is my Rhapsody -- Jewel of Luna's Soul -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 11
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 05:15:09 am »
Me!  Me!  Pick me! 

Offline Kissa

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • Will meow for milk
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 02:55:44 am »
Is this the kind of game where I could use this FC?

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl | Awake
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • When did common sense become uncommon?
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 04:10:37 am »
I'd like to keep an eye on this. I really like League and a lot of my favorite champs have Star Guardian skins. (Still holding out hope for a Star Guardian Sejuani! lol)

• Liege
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 04:45:53 am »
Very interested!

Sorry for the late response, but I'd be happy to have you!

Is this the kind of game where I could use this FC?

You know, I was thinking of it being Earth... But why not, i could swing for neko-types. Sounds fun actually, and it really doesn't need to be utterly grounded in reality. (I know there's an actual term but I can never spell it)

I'd like to keep an eye on this. I really like League and a lot of my favorite champs have Star Guardian skins. (Still holding out hope for a Star Guardian Sejuani! lol)
Heh, that's fair. I play a bit myself, and idk some people got talking about magical girls which got me thinking. If you decide to join I'd love to have you!

Offline Gardsorm

• A snake in the grass
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Give me a little bit, still getting used to this!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 11:39:02 pm »
I will post tentative interest here for now. Don't have any concrete ideas yet, but I'll wait and see what works before I start grinding the mind gears to formulate something.

Offline Sludgewave

• Hit me one time...
  • Legate
  • Threesomer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2023, 02:03:22 pm »
I could definitely go for something like this. Let me know if you want any help developing it.

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2023, 09:06:18 pm »
I may throw my hat in, pending more information.  ;D

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- RequiemGurl is my Rhapsody -- Jewel of Luna's Soul -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2023, 09:53:05 pm »
  Wouldn't Kisa's face claim be for a transformed state, Myttra? 

Offline Gardsorm

• A snake in the grass
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2023, 10:04:19 pm »
I can't claim to know how the Star Guardian line of LoL works, but it's a wide open universe, and as far as I remember, Ahri was always foxy even before transforming, right? So wouldn't it be possible for others to simply be like her or the others? Just food for thought, and for anyone who knows the universe more than me, feel free to correct me. : )

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2023, 11:43:59 pm »
Gardstorm, Myttra said that STar Gaurdian was only inspirational here.  The actual setting Myttra described was supposed to be recognizable as Earth.  However in order to become a magic girl/boy, we are supposed to merge with a supernatural animal.  That was why I thought a normal character would be recognizabley human but a after you henshin you might have animal ears and tail without nessiciarly being covered in fur.  :)

Offline Gardsorm

• A snake in the grass
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2023, 12:41:48 am »
Ahhh, okay, I think I'm starting to get it now! Thank you for the explanation, as my knowledge of all things related to LoL is actually quite spotty. ^^ I shall wait and see what information on the setting looks like before I commit then.

Offline Sessha

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • When life hands you some lemons make ice tea.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2023, 03:09:52 am »
Ahhh, okay, I think I'm starting to get it now! Thank you for the explanation, as my knowledge of all things related to LoL is actually quite spotty. ^^ I shall wait and see what information on the setting looks like before I commit then.

*Nibbles Gardstorm*

*Plants Flag of Interested Awesomeness for the pure sake of flag planting awesomeness!*

• Liege
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2023, 04:49:43 am »
I could definitely go for something like this. Let me know if you want any help developing it.

Thank you! I wouldn't mind help! Questions and conversation are the best ways to do that sometimes :)

I may throw my hat in, pending more information.  ;D

Is there any particular information you want to know?

Wouldn't Kisa's face claim be for a transformed state, Myttra? 

I mean, that's one way to look at it. But at the same time, it doesn't have to be *Earth* Earth. I could actually use a different setting... maybe the setting with the Tri-city from SWORD... I think I'mma update the first post a bit now

Alrighty, I added more information to the top post. Please let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 06:55:59 am by MyttraDW »

Offline Revelation

• If you want us to pretend like we're civilized humans
  • Oracle
  • Enchanter
  • If you want me to forgive
  • View My Rolls
Hrm, I'll give this a go!

Offline Gardsorm

• A snake in the grass
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Hi again, Sessha, we really must stop meeting like this. =P

Also I never stop being amused when people mistakenly call me Gardstorm. xD It's been a few years now, but no one notices there's no T in there.

• Liege
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Does anyone have a preference between Discord or forum OOC?

Offline Gardsorm

• A snake in the grass
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
I'm good with either, myself. I'll follow where the majority does. : ) Forum might be easier for some folks though, since I don't know if everyone commits to Discord, but we can be sure everyone commits to here. =p

EDIT: While there's nothing set in stone yet, so far minor details that come to mind are a guy with a Water theme to him, with a Starsprite themed on a Whale, weapon possibly a staff or axe/guitar, and basically high-energy silliness to him. Not 100% sure on FC yet, but am considering using Minase Rio as an FC.

EDIT 2: On second thoughts, maybe I'll consider Ayato from Genshin Impact... Rio might give off the vibes I don't quite intend to play here. >.>
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 10:54:32 pm by Gardsorm »

Offline Kissa

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • Will meow for milk
  • View My Rolls
I prefer Discord, but will be okay with forum too if most of the people want to use it.

Offline Idlewyld

• Wandering Dreamer
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Hi Everyone!
  • View My Rolls
Planting my flag here - would prefer forum to discord personally

Offline Gardsorm

• A snake in the grass
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Hi Idle. : ) Hope you're doing well!

In game news, I didnt think I would find a Starsprite image that would fit what I was looking for, but then someone surprised me with pic offerings. =p Should I go for this or this?

• Liege
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Hi Idle. : ) Hope you're doing well!

In game news, I didnt think I would find a Starsprite image that would fit what I was looking for, but then someone surprised me with pic offerings. =p Should I go for this or this?

Personally I find myself drawn to the first one

Offline Gardsorm

• A snake in the grass
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
That works then! Ultra cutesy Starsprite is go. =p

Not much else for me to do except wait for profile sheet then!

Offline Grizzly

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
How would the game work over Discord?