Frequent posters desired for various ideas (non-system or very system lite)

Started by Lyrical, October 18, 2022, 05:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrical

Looking for a GM or Co-GM, or maybe an enthusiastic group of writers to work on ideas with.

Important:   
- non-system or very system lite only
- focus on story (the sexy bits to be kept in specially designated threads) 

My personal muse craves frequent interactions, communications, and posts to respond to. I thrive best when I have something in a scene to respond to at least once or twice a week (more is even better.)

I enjoy writing with people that can post up a couple good paragraphs or something similar with lots of juicy details like thoughts, feelings, environment, dialogue and progression. Drive that story forward or luxuriate in the moments of dramatic tension.

(open to exploration of ideas with a preference for action/adventure)

Slice of Life Concepts
Police or Fire Department
Setting:  Police or Fire Department
Metaplot:  Like a TV procedural / Slice of Life with brief possibly intense dramatic action and relationships
What I want to write:  Co-GM and/or write as a female member of the Department

Ranch/Farming Community
Setting:  Ranch/Farming Community
Metaplot:  Like a TV Soap Opera/Drama/Slice of Life.  Community struggling to survive / maybe ends up with some drug cartel or biker gang in town that the locals will have some altercations with but the focus is on the day to day life/relationships
What I want to write:  Co-GM and/or write as a female growing up on one of the long held family lands

High School / College - Murder/Mystery
Setting:  High School / College
Metaplot:  Murder/Mystery on Campus, a Slice of Life with a possibly ominous back drop
What I want to write:   Co-GM and/or write as a female student

Superhero Concepts
important note: I prefer to keep things either non-canon or only loosely canon
Superhero World Apocalypse
Setting:  Superhero World Apocalypse
Metaplot:  Something terribly apocalyptic has already happened and only the survivors are left. The players would be the children of famous super heroes or new heroes. Limited/low power levels. Villains/antagonists might be a mix of super villains, demons, aliens, terminators/sentinels or something along those lines
What I want to write:  Co-GM and/or write as a female super

Gotham Knights Inspired
Setting:  Gotham Knights Inspired
Metaplot:  Batman and James Gordon are dead, Bat family and friends are summoned to save a Gotham exploding with violence and corruption.  Keeping it very low powered/grounded and gritty/violent but the players are the good ones upholding the Bat's no kill, no guns policy
What I want to write:  Co-GM and/or write as a main character (probably an Oracle-like Barbara Gordon) to help facilitate the direction of the metaplots

Super Powereds Academy
Setting:  Super Powereds Academy
Metaplot:  Inspired by Super Powered series by author Drew Hayes.  Book Quote:  "... Lander University offers a full range of courses to nearly all students, it also offers a small number of specialty classes to a very select few. Lander is home to the Hero Certification Program, a curriculum designed to develop students with superhuman capabilities, commonly known as Supers, into official Heroes. "
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17879100-super-powereds
What I want to write:  Co-GM and/or write as a female Super student at the Academy

Random Concepts:
Fate: The Winx Saga -  based on the Netflix series, although non-canon (Click for Link to Netflix trailer)
USS Hornet - alternate reality WWII aircraft carrier meets alien technology, does time traveling/alternate universe hopping  (Click for Link to World Building thread)
Fantasy Ideas - low or no magic - open to a number of ideas here as I've been wanting to play a swashbuckling sword wielding baddie for awhile, maybe even have some pointy ears (Elf)
Apocalypse Settings - I like modern apocalypse settings, especially EMP or natural disaster survival types. Could be talked into Fall Out game type settings/although I don't know that game other then the basic premise of the nuclear war and the vaults
Space Opera - love a good swashbuckling Star Wars like setting
Spies - inspired by James Bond, Mission Impossible, and the Ninja & Superspies TRPG

- Most of the concepts would be a combination of sandbox and some organized events/happenings to facilitate some sort of driving force to push metaplots forward and keep the timeline moving.
- Realism is important, no anime

I know there is more floating around in my brain but it's been a long day and my thoughts are foggy... Will add stuff if there is any conversation (I have Discord if requested, send PM)

Thufir Hawat

Not interested in running it, but if you end up going the way of system-light, I might be interested. Something like Violation of Truth might work for the spies, for example.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!