Doormat Three: Return of the Welcome

Started by Aethyrium, September 26, 2022, 04:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Nilsson

Naiah

Flower

Good day! Did anyone catch a phenomenal sale? I managed to snag a really tall cat tree for my demons.

persephone325

Quote from: Flower on November 26, 2022, 04:59:53 AM
Good day! Did anyone catch a phenomenal sale? I managed to snag a really tall cat tree for my demons.

Aww! Nice!

Unfortunately, I have no money at my disposal right now. But, from what I saw, there wasn't really anything that caught my eye.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Flower

I just need to put it together now. 😆 I'm the same way sometimes. Even if I don't intend to buy something, I'll keep an open eye and save it to my wish list.

persephone325

Quote from: Flower on November 29, 2022, 12:13:43 PM
I just need to put it together now. 😆 I'm the same way sometimes. Even if I don't intend to buy something, I'll keep an open eye and save it to my wish list.

Yeah. I have that Honey add-on in my browser that helps with that. :-)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Flower

I totes didn't know it did that. I usually just use it to search for coupons.

persephone325

Quote from: Flower on November 29, 2022, 01:09:16 PM
I totes didn't know it did that. I usually just use it to search for coupons.

Yeah! If you have it installed, on most websites there's an option for you to add it to your watchlist? I think that's what it's called. And you can set specifics for the notification. Like how long you want it to be watched for, a specific percentage off the price, what color you're interested in (if it comes in different colors), etc. It's pretty nifty! :-)
I don't know.

CrownedSun

*grabs some popcorn and watches the Doormat sequel*

Sara Nilsson

CrownedSun

Sara Nilsson

CrownedSun

I'm doing fairly well, thank you. ♥ Just got done watching a fun little movie called Belleville Cop. Sort of a homage to Beverly Hills Cop, in a way, but different. Heh.

Sara Nilsson

hmmm never heard of, off to the google!

Dale

Quote from: Naiah on November 09, 2022, 07:48:50 AM
Right now I have 2 layers and an oversized hoodie, 2 blankets, tea, hot water bottle, 3 pairs of socks, slippers and STILL freezing! :P

I've got an army micro fleece inside jumper on under a hoodie. Fleece inside is your friend.

A friend just came back from holiday in a sunny land and found their car door frozen at 3am when they got off the plane. Poor sod.

Stardusk

Hello hello! Happy Solstice! We're supposed to have some ice here tonight. It's unusually early in the season for those shenanigans around here but hey, if it's going to be cold, I'd rather have snowy, wintry, icy weather than just dead trees and desolation!

Sara Nilsson

Agreed! Then again, I am one of those weirdos that love snow

Stardusk

Oh, me too. We just don't get it enough around here. I love how quiet it makes everything and finding animal tracks in it. The summers are so hot here that I always welcome winter regardless, but a winter without snow is just depressing.

thenagamancer

Ive only had a little bit of snow followed immediately by heavy rain for a few days. Kind of sucks, but as much as I like snow, I hate driving in it with a passion. Doesn't help my area has a lot of hills so I alwas get worried my car is going to fishtail.

But inside? Grab me the hot coco and let me rest with 10 blankets at minimum.

Ludigraph

BRING ON THE SNOW!!

... once I'm all cozy & snuggly at home under a blanket or two, that is...

Sara Nilsson

nooo not yet! wait a few hours until my fam is home :)

Tenebria

Hi, i just joined today!  can't wait to get to know everyone here, and figure out how this place works lol!

On the topic of snow... Lots of it here! It just keeps blizzarding down! I was driving home on our road, and i tried stopping at a stop sign downhill, and i couldn't! I just slid right through it.. but thankfully no one was there!

Sara Nilsson

Welcome to E :) If you have questions just ask.. we are a friendly lot.. most of us.. sometimes....^^

CrownedSun

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on December 21, 2022, 12:14:40 AM
hmmm never heard of, off to the google!

It wasn't as good as I'm implying, but, still very much worth a quick look. Especially if you like that kind of movie.

n', it's one of those things where, "I'm not sure if the callback to Beverly Hills cop was INTENDED but I can't imagine how it COULDN'T be..."

--though they did get the naming thing wrong. Either the movie should involve a cop from Miami going to Belleview, or, it should be called Miami Cop.

But, Belleville Cop is an objectively better title.

Quote from: Stardusk on December 21, 2022, 02:57:18 PM
Hello hello! Happy Solstice! We're supposed to have some ice here tonight. It's unusually early in the season for those shenanigans around here but hey, if it's going to be cold, I'd rather have snowy, wintry, icy weather than just dead trees and desolation!

Did you survive? :D

Quote from: Ludigraph on December 22, 2022, 01:39:21 PM
BRING ON THE SNOW!!

... once I'm all cozy & snuggly at home under a blanket or two, that is...

Nuuu, please, mercy. I live in Florida. We don't handle snow that well!

Quote from: Tenebria on December 22, 2022, 05:22:37 PM
Hi, i just joined today!  can't wait to get to know everyone here, and figure out how this place works lol!

On the topic of snow... Lots of it here! It just keeps blizzarding down! I was driving home on our road, and i tried stopping at a stop sign downhill, and i couldn't! I just slid right through it.. but thankfully no one was there!

Welcome to E!!! :D

TheLastOrchid

So here I am in the doormat thread. I feel at home. I'm very much a doormat. People walk all over me. It's okay, I'm used to it. I hate stiletto heels, though. Not because they hurt but because they're so hard to spell. It is two l's and one t? One l and two t's? Two l's and two t's? Though they also hurt.

Anyway, I'm an initiate, if that's the correct term? Auditioner? Applicant? I feel that the correct term might be probate but I think that's a legal term. Probationer? That's got to be it. I'm off to a great start with a site that sets such high standards for English.

Well it's lovely to meet you all here on the doormat.

*lies down. Writes welcome on midriff*