The Curse of Millersborough -- Villagers Win!

Started by Remiel, January 10, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightOwl35

Quote from: Ket on January 17, 2018, 07:15:23 PM
I was forced into making a poor choice. The zealot chose to make a poor choice. But yet there are two people who aren't speaking up very much, aren't trying to save their own skins. Two people who aren't offering any information that could help save us. NightOwl and Trieste are awfully quiet.

I'm going with my gut again and voting for NightOwl, and I'm not changing my vote this time.

So I figure I'll go through your post, specifically the underlined point, and show you how you're wrong.

1) Aren't speaking up very much.

I personally have no information to contribute. As such, I am completely useless on the first real day that we have. The vampires didn't kill on that day and as such it was left to a random/blind vote. From there I made a post with thoughts and my vote, and then went on to play the game in the back end by PMing certain people and seeing what I could get. I didn't message EVERYONE as that would be crazy and hard to keep up with. Also knowing not everyone would reply back. So I choose to start with a few, and go from there.

Also, since you want information I'll give you this in that you just did something odd. There is someone who has the same amount of posts in this thread as Trieste, but you didn't mention them. That would be SithLordofSnark. Odd how you choose to omit him from your list? And before you ask, I'm someone who has a comprehensive spreadsheet of EVERYTHING going on in this thread, including a post counter, as I do for all games like this.

2) Aren't trying to save their own skins.

Um...what? Why would I be trying to save my own skin? My skin hasn't been on the chopping block yet, so I've had no reason to try and save my own skin. The only votes I've had on me are 2 votes for me being Mayor (Ket and MP), and one vote from the previous day phase (Ket) that was changed later on into the day. The same could be said for Trieste who has only had one vote on her during the Mayor voting, mine. And if you wish to say that that's a reason for us to be vampires, please note that if I were a vampire I would not put a teammate as the mayor. With what I said in a previous post it would just get them killed.

As for this long post? Well, this is less me "saving my skin" and more so disputing where I feel you're wrong.

3) Aren't offering any information that could save us.

Well that's just plain incorrect. In fact I'd argue that this post here, is information. Specifically parts I'll underline/bold:

Quote from: NightOwl35 on January 13, 2018, 03:00:30 PM
Hmmm...

So I'm wondering why people think Ket is the best person to vote for? Honestly she'd be the first person I'd look at as the Vampire Hunter, since she was voted as Mayor/Sheriff. Look at her night 1 to make sure she's on team town, and again if no attacks happened the previous night to make sure she wasn't changed (and any subsequent nights without a death as Dracula's ability is a once per game ability). This doesn't take into account that she COULD be the Minion, however the Minion doesn't know the vampires and they don't know the Minion so it doesn't matter too much.

Beyond that, it's incredibly dangerous for any of the roles to come out and say that they are a special role. The sole reason for this is that the Constable not only protects the person but blocks them from their action as well. This means if the Vampire Hunter comes out with information, the Constable can protect them but then the Vampire Hunter is no longer able to garner information. And all it would take is one mistake from the Constable to let the Vampires know that they're not constantly protecting the Vampire Hunter.

Anyways, that's all assuming Dracula didn't get lucky and turn one of our special roles.

I personally think that's what's going to make this game an interesting one. It's not as easy to let information go in public so playing in secret via PMs becomes all the more important.

With that all out of the way, we don't seem to have any information. If we do, I'm not aware of it. So I'm just going to leave it up to a random number generator to figure out who to vote for, also just for the reason that I don't want to accidentally hold the game up if a deadline occurs.

I got... Lynnie. No real reason behind the vote, as is the case for most people it seems.

From this post, I not only defended you (when you had 3 votes on you (Rummy, Lynnie, Imogen) all of which later changed) but said why the Vampire Hunter should inspect you. The Mayor role is a vital one as it is a role with power to break ties which will happen often in these games. Then, I said why the special roles should NOT come out in public. With the Constable role blocking anyone they protect, if the Constable watches the Vampire Hunter than the Vampire Hunter becomes useless. I also mentioned how the Constable just has to make the mistake of protecting vampires to let them know that they can kill the Vampire Hunter.

Though all of this seemed to get ignored when Imogen let loose that Blythe is claiming Vampire Hunter, and then Blythe just let loose here that the Constable isn't protecting him. Again, all assuming Blythe wasn't turned anyways. If he was turned and WAS the Vampire Hunter he can just claim anything.

Also, I will add this to some information. Forcing the Mayor to break a tie for the purpose of "getting information" doesn't work, especially early on. Let's say the Mayor is choosing between a Villager and a Vampire and they kill the Villager. You wouldn't know that they didn't kill the vampire UNTIL that Vampire dies! And even then, you wouldn't know the Mayor is a Vampire or not until they die or are inspected. The Zealot, however, did gives us this information that the Mayor was stuck between two villagers. This makes it even more of a useless tie as it still gives us nothing.

And should someone want to dispute how much information that is, just know that again we can't be too public with stuff early on. Anything posted here, the vampires can and more than likely will use. So for now, I'm gaining information in private from people. This is a game where what you do in PMs and private will make more of an impact than normal.

And if anyone goes on about why I didn't change my vote from Lynnie, it was the first vote on her and it was random. With no information and someone having to die, I saw no reason to change it to anyone else. The only reason I would change it is fear of the Mad Scientist we still have lurking around. Others changed their votes to Lynnie and forced the tie. As for my not posting about WHY the tie is a bad idea? Well people do have lives :P .

But alas, one vote on me doesn't really mean anything and I'll go back to the private/secret route of scrounging up information until I can get something concrete. I will point out, that's the 3rd time Ket has put a vote on me. Once for Mayor, once on Day 2 (later changed to Rummy), and now.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Ket: 1 (Blythe)
NightOwl: 1 (Ket)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl35, SithLordofSnark, Trieste

Trieste

Been doing most of my talking privately.

SithLordofSnark

yugi006

Quote from: Ket on January 17, 2018, 07:15:23 PM
I was forced into making a poor choice. The zealot chose to make a poor choice. But yet there are two people who aren't speaking up very much, aren't trying to save their own skins. Two people who aren't offering any information that could help save us. NightOwl and Trieste are awfully quiet.

I'm going with my gut again and voting for NightOwl, and I'm not changing my vote this time.

This is not a good reason to vote for NightOwl. Being quiet doesn't mean nothing especially the first lynch vote with little information. Look at what happen to Scott. He was pretty quiet and turned out to be a regular citizen.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Trieste on January 18, 2018, 02:52:29 AM
Been doing most of my talking privately.

SithLordofSnark

Are you now? Who’s part of that party since I was left out.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

SithLordofSnark: 1 (Trieste)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl35, SithLordofSnark

Blythe

The only possible thing I can say in my defense is....isn't it convenient for the vampires that it was Scott who died? The person I opted to change my vote to yesterday, with people knowing I'm the Hunter?

I suspect that the vampires did that intentionally in order to push for me getting lynched, so they don't have to waste a night kill on me. It's the only reason I can think of why they would target Scott.

Mintprincess

So very convenient.  Too convenient.   Wouldn’t you say?

SithLordOfSnark

Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Remiel

Votes So Far:

SithLordofSnark: 1 (Trieste)
Trieste: 1 (SithLord)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl35

The sun reaches the apex of its heavenly arc.  Voting will close approximately 4pm, Sunday, 1/21.  Get those votes in!

Mintprincess

This game is filled with some dirty dirty liars

Let’s look at the numbers
5 citizens, 3 dead, 2 left.
1 mad scientist
1 minion
2 vampires
3 good special roles

Someone possibly turned

Every special role / vampire is still alive. 

Case one: vampires turned a good player night one.  That leaves FOUR good players, THREE vampires, one minion and one MS
If we lynch a good player and the vampires kill a good player they win.  Game is over.  Just like that. Literally.  Over.
Case two: vampires turned them minion/MS.  We have at least one more day as that gives us FIVE to THREE.

Bluntly.

Vampires are clearly working well together and clearly and systematically not got us to lynch a citizen —-  everyone up for vote (me, Imogen, Scott and Lynnie were citizens) but also managed to make Imogen look bad enough for the zealot to be fooled.

So. Seriously.  Citizens either need to start communicating with each other or hand in the towel because we are getting trashed with these numbers.

Remiel

SithLord has been dropped from the game.  He was a Citizen.

Game on!

Votes So Far:

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl35, Trieste

Trieste

Welp.

I mean, I guess I’ll throw in with the Mayor. NightOwl

Mintprincess

I will also throw in with the mayor Nightowl.

Rummy Tum Tum

I vote Ket, because her reasons are bad and I still don't trust her

Remiel

Votes So Far:

NightOwl: 3 (Ket, Trieste, Mintprincess)
Ket: 2 (Blythe, Rummy Tum Tum)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, NightOwl35

yugi006

I was initially going to vote for NightOwl but after thinking about it I'm beginning to think he is the Mad Scientist. My reasoning behind this is Rummy made everyone suspicious of him when he asked for the Constable to reveal him or herself which made people not want to vote for him at all the fact that Rummy is still alive makes me think that he might be a vampire instead cause since that bold move he made no one has voted for him during the day phase which makes it a very good strategy if that was his goal. Plus if Rummy were the Mad Scientist he should have been the first target by the vampires to eliminate his ability. NightOwl on the other hand has been off the radar since the game started which I believe the mad scientist would do so that he or she would likely be targeted later on when there is less people. It is what I would do if I were the Mad Scientist.

As for who I vote for obviously I can't vote for Rummy cause it would be a waste of a vote and I highly doubt Ket is a vampire given Rummy is voting for her but maybe he had no choice given the only ones with the votes here are Ket and NightOwl and doesn't want to die due to the Mad Scientist's ability.. The other scenario is that Ket might be the minion and Rummy doesn't know who the minion is. I really want to be wrong about this and hpe that Ket is neither the minion a vampire but I don't want to get killed by the Mad Scientist. My vote will be Ket.

Mintprincess

I wish there was an emoji for banging my head on the wall.

Team villager-good people

Please vote for Nightowl. 

If you wish I can counter every claim in that post Yugi — But Short? Sith was 10x more off the radar and a citizen, and if you scroll up Nightowl posted the way Nightowl posts in every. Single. Game.  Rarely but walls.

That is all.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

NightOwl: 3 (Ket, Trieste, Mintprincess)
Ket: 3 (Blythe, Rummy Tum Tum, Yugi)

Yet to Vote:  Madame Professor, NightOwl35

Trieste

Blaaaaah. After reading yugi’s post, I have to agree.

In my experience, there are a couple badguy strategies. Usually they’re at the extremes - either super quiet or super aggressive. So to be honest, Mint’s posts are actually making me more suspicious of her than anyone else. (In case you were still wondering why I wasn’t chatting you up in private, well, that’s why.)

So frankly I’m going to toss my vote there.

Mintprincess

Mintprincess

Figures

Please lynch me  I can’t take this anymore anyway.

I am staking my I told you told so I am the 5th citizen flag now. I told the zealot Imogen was good. 

Nightowl is bad.  MP is 99% bad.  Blythe is probably the MS or lying. 

Good luck team.

-out-

Madame Professor

Wait, I’m bad? How?

I did a dumb, but you know what, fuck it.

I’m the Zealot. I screwed up because I was convenience one of Lynnie and Imogen were vampires. So whomp whomp. I dropped the ball.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

NightOwl35

Well jeez that's a lot of votes on my head, huh?

Well then let's see...if I update Remi's list (for my own sake)

Votes So Far:

NightOwl: 2 (Ket, Mintprincess)
Ket: 3 (Blythe, Rummy Tum Tum, Yugi)
Mintprincess: 1 (Trieste)

Yet to Vote:  Madame Professor, NightOwl35

Which looking at this brings one thing back to mind. Our Mayor stating how I haven't tried to save my skin. So, while I'm not one for revenge voting, and I'm not entirely certain on the Mayor's innocence, I'll be placing my vote on Ket. It IS my safest bet here. Should I vote for anyone else, MP can vote me up and tie me with the Mayor which is a losing battle as I'd immediately be dead.

=====

And Mint? A counter to your claim about how I play! I post rarely but with walls when I'm a townie normally, the opposite is true if I'm a werewolf/vampire/whatever evil role is called.

=====

And to help out Remi some, here's the current votes NOW:

Votes So Far:

Ket: 4 (Blythe, Rummy Tum Tum, Yugi, NightOwl35)
NightOwl: 2 (Ket, Mintprincess)
Mintprincess: 1 (Trieste)

Yet to Vote:  Madame Professor

Blythe

Ket

Go ahead, kill me. Do that, and the vampires win. I've warned you since the very beginning not to lynch me, but no one listens to me. Like, ever.

I'm just gonna sit over here and eat this chinese food and have a beer.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.